Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts about the livestream?

Comments

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I watched the live stream and I'm still as excited as ever. I did notice a few glitches here and there but overall I loved what I saw. I would be lying though if I said I thought the live stream was great but the first part I was pretty bored and couldn't hear it (but that was because of my kids). I have since rewatched it and like I said I'm still pretty excited. I wish there would have been more toys for toddlers and some new hair styles and like others have said I wish curfews were set per sim but other than those few things I'm pretty happy with what I saw. :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Watched bits and pieces when I could and it made me even more excited for the pack. It looks great!
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I almost wish they would stick with one pair from each pack team to do livestreams. It's something that you definitely need to get comfortable with. There are some things that don't look great in the pack, animation wise, but overall I'm even more excited than yesterday.

to me i am slightly less excited then i was before and i was never really fully excited to be honest. i was very concerned and i feel like a lot of my concerns came true sadly :( some things were good though and some things maybe were better then i expected but overall i just feel like it at best an average pack that will add some much needed gameplay into the game but wont be the game changer it was hyped up to be.

Since you went into the stream wanting to dislike or even hate the game, I hardly expected anything else from you.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I almost wish they would stick with one pair from each pack team to do livestreams. It's something that you definitely need to get comfortable with. There are some things that don't look great in the pack, animation wise, but overall I'm even more excited than yesterday.

to me i am slightly less excited then i was before and i was never really fully excited to be honest. i was very concerned and i feel like a lot of my concerns came true sadly :( some things were good though and some things maybe were better then i expected but overall i just feel like it at best an average pack that will add some much needed gameplay into the game but wont be the game changer it was hyped up to be.

Since you went into the stream wanting to dislike or even hate the game, I hardly expected anything else from you.

i went into the live stream cuz i was curious about the pack and felt like the trailer and gameplay trailer did not fully answer all my questions?
  • MorinGlory23MorinGlory23 Posts: 64 Member
    I liked the live stream, but all I saw were game glitches. Sims are still using the wrong sink to wash dishes, the sims a still bleeding into each other, the emotions are still wonky, the sims still don't face each other properly when talking, sims doing the musical chairs, dropping everything to socialize even when being directed by the player, sitting on the floor constantly, and many more. I think the game Pack is wonderful, but the glitches ruin it for me. Again, EA Maxis needs to fix these problems before shipping out the GP. Honestly 1 patch a month is not fixing the game to make buying more DLC enjoyable.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Watched some of the livestream replay. Definitely excited for this pack!!!

"I would like to Adult Now" :D
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    I liked the live stream, but all I saw were game glitches. Sims are still using the wrong sink to wash dishes, the sims a still bleeding into each other, the emotions are still wonky, the sims still don't face each other properly when talking, sims doing the musical chairs, dropping everything to socialize even when being directed by the player, sitting on the floor constantly, and many more. I think the game Pack is wonderful, but the glitches ruin it for me. Again, EA Maxis needs to fix these problems before shipping out the GP. Honestly 1 patch a month is not fixing the game to make buying more DLC enjoyable.

some of the stuff in the live stream kind of reminded of sims logic.
  • Ann21Ann21 Posts: 23 New Member
    I have a question after watching the lifestream for a bit. It seems to discipline kids parents can either choose to be strict or be calm- do both of those have the same outcome on how the kid's values develop? Or can being too strict all the time backfire and cause the kids to rebel? It would add a nice dimension to gameplay if that could happen- otherwise neglect would be the only way to cause kids to develop negative traits, no?
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Ann21 wrote: »
    I have a question after watching the lifestream for a bit. It seems to discipline kids parents can either choose to be strict or be calm- do both of those have the same outcome on how the kid's values develop? Or can being too strict all the time backfire and cause the kids to rebel? It would add a nice dimension to gameplay if that could happen- otherwise neglect would be the only way to cause kids to develop negative traits, no?

well since your choices lead to a positive and negative response for one of the values, I'd imagine that the way you discipline the kid, will affect which values are affected by said choice. for example, strict discipline might increase emotional control, while calm discipline might decrease emotional control, or affect another value all together.
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    This is just a guess, but I really believe a toddler SP is coming next quarter.

God, I hope so. CAS was extremely underwhelming because of the lack of toddler content. I already loathe dressing the little cuties because they have such few options for variety.
  • RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    I didn't see a tree house or bunkbeds so that was a bummer. Also, can't curfew specific children. I would have wanted proms for our teens too. Acne randomly with some medicine I would have wanted too.

I did like everything else though.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @brendhan21 I understand you are disappointed, but remember it might not be a game changer for you but it can be for others. See you seem to be focussed on the punishment system. To me this pack is a game changer, because I focus on the character values and their traits. The way I play they are a complete game changer. Depending on the way people play, different things can be game changers and I am sure some people do not even look for game changers but just for a great pack that complements their play Style.
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    The poor toddler starved all throughout the video.
    moss

• B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm a bit disappointed to be honest. I hope that the GP is a bit more meaty than what they've shown us. All I've seen are loads of glitches (routing issues, sims melting into each other, the sudden cancelling of actions, mess appearing before toddler is even there etc) which they didn't even acknowledge, and absolutely tons of recycled animations (Anger animations, slob animations, lecturing animations, play animations, I have seen them before). I wish they had explored CAS more because I currently have no idea if this pack has any new hairstyles for boys. I don't know anything about the new aspirations either and the game play footage was jarring.

I like the school projects and packed lunches, but the inability to individualise curfews bothers me. Pregnancy and babies have been shockingly neglected. They could at least have given us a new bassinet!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I never like to watch entire live-streams because I like to discover things in my own game play. One thing I've learned from past streams is that I always get bugged by how the person plays the game. That's just how I am! I loved the parts I saw myself. I noticed the usual annoying Sims bugs but when I actually play these packs I never notice these bugs as much in my own game. Hopefully that doesn't change with this pack. I really enjoy what I see so far and this will give meaning to every interaction I do with my families! Very looking forward to Tuesday!
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    @JimG72 Totally agree. I was like "they don't even care about this rocket launching. They're just standing there with no expression on their faces"

I agree, but to be fair, I'll get a bigger kick out of watching that rocket. I think having a kid grow up fascinated by rockets and become an astronaut would be a cool story line. Maybe he'll land on another planet, fall in love and bring her (or him) home to meet the parents.

Except that in the trailer, they got all excited about launching the rocket:

Pb0v8Hm.jpg

Seemed a little weird in the livestream that they didn't even take notice of the thing after they launched it.

They stage things in trailers, that's how they managed to make GTW look like it was actually good lol.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    i noticed many glitches that are annoying but not game breaking for me at the moment. and like many others have stated this was a MISSED opportunity for the gurus to acknowledge their presence and that they are working on it. i mean come on, that would have been professional.

on to the game play, i liked what i saw and coupled with raising toddlers your sim parents are going to be busy.

some things i noticed:

the sim guru to the left of megs ( he appears white male to me whereas the other guy appears hispanic to me) DID IN FACT say that if the children have good relationship with their grandparents they may receive gifts through the mail and then related his own story of receiving gifts through the mail from his own grandmother.

Secondly, have we always had the career option "stay-at-home mom/dad? i noticed in the last family played after aging up the teen when the guru checked the relationship panel it said both parents were "stay-at-home"

also as with everyone else. Next stuff pack needs to be about toddler play and activities. Adults and Young adults have more than sufficient game play and activities geared toward them. Despite what Maxis data suggests, i'm sure the reason elders dob't get more play is beacuse nothing is specific for their age group. which if they did a pack on them, they would see that age played more.

this pack is mostly for school aged children and teens. which honestly i'm not mad about. next to elders these age groups are most neglected.

also next game pack must be vacation. preferably tropical
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    After the temporary phases that children and teen go through, the thing I'm most excited about is grandparents sending gifts to their grandchildren in the mail As it is I haven't played all that much with elders because I usually don't know what to do with them, but now that they can help with the upbringing of their grandchildren and have a more meaningful relationship with them I'm thinking that is going to change. I really like that the way you grow up affects all your family relationships too and how that leads new moodlets and social depending on what kinds of terms you were with other family members. This seems like a very good pack for me gameplay-wise, it adds a lot I've been wanting as well as a lot I didn't even knew I wanted, but love a great deal.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member
    edited May 2017
    I wonder if, when we play as grandparents, there will be an option to send a gift in the mail? I bet there won't be, but it would be nice if there was. And then, when you rotated back to your grandchildren's house you would see your gifts in their inventory. That would be pretty cool - if the family was poor, their grandparents could buy the kids toys to help out.

Edit: It's a shame they didn't add face-to-face gift giving in this too. We could have used it for rewards when your child or teen had done extra-amazing.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If the grandparents don't live with the grandkids but they visit each other, will any of them remember each other after they part company? If they don't remember each other, how do grandparents send gifts?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited May 2017

I'm still absolutely buying the pack on day one, however this livestream left me a bit cold.

The fact that they showed CAS in a messy and quick way tells me there isn't much to it.
    There were so many bugs and glitches that they kept ignoring! I wish they'd be honest and acknowledged them and maybe mention they are taking note of it or trying to fix it already or something.
    A lot of things felt poorly made (like the pseudo hide diary animation) and other things looked like they'll annoy the plum out of me after a couple of days (such as the new teen walkstyle if it happens everytime they have that moodlet).
    Other things surprised me greatly like the temporary traits and the family activities although they totally neglected toddlers by not including them in any of the activities (as far as I could see).

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If the grandparents don't live with the grandkids but they visit each other, will any of them remember each other after they part company? If they don't remember each other, how do grandparents send gifts?

They don't forget each other now; not sure why that would start happening.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hmmmm... considering how hyped I was for this pack, I have to say that the live stream kind of put me off :(

It was fairly badly presented this time, the bugs seemed many and obvious, and there were aspects of the new stuff I thought would fast become annoying. That new teen walk, for instance. The pop-ups. All of the kneeling down and getting back up again.

The interactions did not seem smooth in a lot of places - having to go downstairs before they could have an argument instead of it happening in the room they were in, the journal thing with the bed; they go to all the trouble of kneeling by the bed and then just do a mini swipe to hide or find the journal (did not look good). Did you notice how long it took that child to clean up the mess on the floor? It seemed to go on forever.

I was kind of cringing most of the way through it.

there was some stuff i noticed too like i was actually thinking to myself wait did they not even animate her hidding her jorunal i mean come on seriously. all they did was a mini swipe of her hide or find her journal seriously.

The lack of new animations/insubstantial animations in this game (TS4 as a whole) is really it's biggest downfall.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2017
    To be quite honest, the gameplay is even more amazing than what I expected. I really liked the new interactions, the science projects for school, the new clutter objects and the curfew system. I wish more hairstyles and clothes were included for Toddlers and Children, but they didn't focus on CAS a lot, so I guess there may be items there that we didn't see. Overall, it seems like a brilliant GP! I'm even more excited now and I was already a bit insane before, so you know... :D Bring on Tuesday, my Sims can't wait anymore!!!
    Post edited by gothprincess4ever on