Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC PROBLEMS

Hello, I downloaded Sims 4 from Origin not to long ago. I've added some CC (hair,clothes, objects, etc) When I start the game it shows all the CC I've added, however, only some of it is showing up. I've even turned the script mods on assuming maybe that would fix the problem but, it hasn't. I have a Mac Book, its running OS X Yosemite. I haven't really had any other problems with the game other than this and that some of the hair looks Super different in color but, only when its not one of the basic colors used in game. I'd really like to be able to use the other CC I have downloaded.
I've also looked at the files most are document, unix or vlc. Any help would be awesome! Also I don't think theres and sub folders from what I can tell. Thank you to anyone who can help me solve this!!

Comments

• ChadJoh2015ChadJoh2015 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been having a similar problem I have tons of CC and it's been crashing my game I was wondering if anyone could offer some solutions?
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Chadjoh there is not solution I had the same problem with mine had a lot of CC you will have to get rid of it. The game really does not support cc to well. The game might work for awhile but the more you put in the more you risk your game crashing.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Pick what you really have to keep and then get rid of the rest of it. Too much CC will cause the game to lag badly and crash.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • taradrew07taradrew07 Posts: 9 New Member
    I haven't had this problem at all...maybe try readding it to your game?
  • lolatortlolatort Posts: 38 Member

"I've also looked at the files most are document, unix or vlc. Any help would be awesome! Also I don't think theres and sub folders from what I can tell. Thank you to anyone who can help me solve this!!"

Hmmm, I might be reaching here, but that bit about vlc files made me pause – did you put zipped files into your mod folder (.zip, or .7z, or .rar)? Because I know they can show up as vlc files if you don't have unzipping software installed (or it's not chosen as a default app to unzip them).
  • liaabrliaabr Posts: 3 New Member
    My biggest problem is CC becoming outdated, or just conflicting with one another. That's why, imo, we need a CC Manager for Mac.
  • 04snowball04snowball Posts: 1 New Member
    I've also had a problem with my CC. I download it and add it to the mods folder and it won't show up.
    Did you make sure that the option to show CC in your game is turned on? It's in the game options and you'll have to restart your game for it to show up.
  • bestuserherebestuserhere Posts: 7 New Member
    my cc is not showing up in my sims 4 whatsoever and I'm not getting the thing at the beginning where it shows what my cc mods are. if that makes any sense at all. if anyone would help me solve the problem i will very much appreciate it.
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    did you enable CC in the options?
    my cc is not showing up in my sims 4 whatsoever and I'm not getting the thing at the beginning where it shows what my cc mods are. if that makes any sense at all. if anyone would help me solve the problem i will very much appreciate it.

Whenever a new patch is installed, you always have to start your game, then before loading any saved games or starting a new one check the options (the three dots in the upper right hand corner). Check under "Game Options" and you should see the button to enable Mods which you need to check to have any Mods you may have installed to work again and to show CC. Quit out of the game once the button is checked (you always have to restart the game for this option to take effect). Start Sims 4 up again and your CC should be there.
  • katarinaakatarinaa Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello,
    I am having a problem with my CC hair. I see it's a common glitch, the blonde streaks, and the solution is to turn laptop mode off. But my problem is that laptop mode is off and has been even before the glitch started and the blonde streaks appear even in CAS. I tried turning laptop mode on, restarting the game, then turning it off again and restarting. Nothing. I saw a simmer who also had this problem and fixed it by turning the mode off and changing the settings up a bit, so I changed them in the same way, but still nothing.
    Did you repair the game? That may help. Also, try removing the Options.ini file. It won't hurt your game. You'll just have to reset your resolution, etc.
  • katarinaakatarinaa Posts: 12 New Member
    @Tremayne4260 i just tried doing both and still nothing.
  • Sun799Sun799 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I have a problem I can't seem to solve with downloading CC on Sims 4. So I have downloaded CC and put it in Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods. Later when I started the game it kept freezing on the SIMS 4 screen in the beginning. When ever I just delate all the CC out of the mods it acts normal again. I don't know what to do please help!!
  • GeorginaDangeloGeorginaDangelo Posts: 9 New Member
    Same here *sigh*
    mods wont even show up in my game.
    Have you made sure the files are unzipped? All Sims CC should end in the ".package" extension.
  • GeorginaDangeloGeorginaDangelo Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello Tremayne,
    Thank you for assisting me.
    I figured out the issue after 2 years haha. I was dragging sims to my desktop when it needed to be located through:
    Finder>Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims4>Mods> Add in that section.

I didn't know when you drag it to your desktop you basically make another copy and it doesn't save anything because it's like (version two) kinda?

anyways, thank you so much and it has been a pleasure speaking to you!

Best,
    G
    Yes, when you move the Sims 4 folder to your desktop your game creates a new one without your saved games or CC/Mods as those are on your desktop.
  • MaseCabbageMaseCabbage Posts: 5 New Member
    Since I cant create my own discussion, thought I would post my problem here

My game keeps crashing unexpectedly. A while back maybe like a year ago. I was having trouble with my sims 4 mods, my game kept crashing, I removed the mods and the game kept crashing in the exact same way. So someone helped me to do something to it. I don't remember what, but whatever happened it reset everything in my game. Afterwards, it would crash unexpectedly only sometimes (still don't know what triggers it.) Now I have downloaded Cats and Dogs it is crashing more often. What will happen is the game freezes for a second, then it starts playing again normally but all the graphics are glitched out and the colors glitch out two. So now for 2 and half seconds, I am playing when I cant see Jack or Squiddly. Then it crashes. Please help me I want to enjoy pets.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Since I cant create my own discussion, thought I would post my problem here

My game keeps crashing unexpectedly. A while back maybe like a year ago. I was having trouble with my sims 4 mods, my game kept crashing, I removed the mods and the game kept crashing in the exact same way. So someone helped me to do something to it. I don't remember what, but whatever happened it reset everything in my game. Afterwards, it would crash unexpectedly only sometimes (still don't know what triggers it.) Now I have downloaded Cats and Dogs it is crashing more often. What will happen is the game freezes for a second, then it starts playing again normally but all the graphics are glitched out and the colors glitch out two. So now for 2 and half seconds, I am playing when I cant see Jack or Squiddly. Then it crashes. Please help me I want to enjoy pets.

Sounds like your settings may be too high for your Mac to handle. Please click on the Apple in the menu bar then About This Mac. Please provide all the information in the pop up window about your Mac, apart from the serial number.

You could also try trashing the Options.ini file from your Sims 4 folder.
    apple-signature.png