Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Differences in the Family Tree Sims 4 Adaptation

ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
Updated 3.1.17 for expansions!

Rules:

Have Fun
No cheats
Life-span set to normal
Third party content is allowed
Choose the heir by any means you want
The next generation starts when the heir you choose hits YA (even if the previous generation has not achieved their goals!)
Spouses may be employed
One point for each generation reached
One point for every objective completed
Two points for every optional objective completed
One half point for changing the house to fit the style of each gen
Lose two points for every main goal you do not meet (for people who don’t want to insta-fail the legacy)

Generation One – The Farmer

"I always wanted to be a farmer. There is a tradition of that in my family."

Your family was always into the farming deal. They spent their days working hard and asked their children to do the same. When you turned 18, your parents surprised you with your own plot of land to continue on tradition. Having always been one to want to impress the folks, you began creating your own garden; you'd rather dedicate your life to that than a dreadful 9 to 5 suit and tie anyway.

Objectives:

Grow a garden with every type of plant from the store in it (you may buy 5 of them, the rest you have to find on your own)
Get married, but no woohoo before marriage
Have a boy and a girl. Keep trying til you do!
Master the garden skill
Complete 1 collection
Have and complete one of the nature aspirations
No gardeners! You may join the gardening club, however, you may not call a group meeting at your house more than once a week.

Optional objectives:

Obtain and plant every type of plant
Catch every type of fish
Marry a gal/guy with "Loves Outdoors"
Master Fisherman Skill

Generation Two – The Savvy City Slicker

"I was expected to be a farmer like my father and siblings. I broke tradition. It was great."

Life with your hands in the dirt wasn't the life for you. You always craved to spend more time in the city, yearning for the excitement and noise. You knew there were more to life than seeing seeds sprout into plants or fishing in the local pond. Besides, your siblings were more than happy to help our on the farm - your family didn't need you too. You decide to follow your heart, and move to the city.

Objectives:

Get to level 10 in the Business Career
Move out of your parents home. Live on your own until one of your parents die, then move back in to take care of the surviving parent.
Get to level 10 in Charisma skill
Get married.
Have at least one kid.
Have and complete a Fortune Aspiration

Optional Objectives:

Become enemies with your father and/or mother (why can't you be like your brother or/and sister?) before entering your career.
Marry someone your parents hate.

City Living Optional Expansion Path:

Move to San Myshuno on your own and live in an apartment that needs TLC until you save enough for a nicer place (20,000 household funds) – move back into your old home when one of your parents die in order to take care of the survivor.
Do not take your family's money with you when you move out – your parents do not support your decisions and will not help you with anything.
You love the city – attend every festival that you can (exceptions for if you are at work or on a date/attending a wedding, ect).
Get to level 10 in the Business Career OR doctor career.
Get to level 10 in Charisma skill.
Get married.
Have at least one kid.
Have and complete a Fortune Aspiration OR City Native Aspiration.

Generation 3 – The Wild Child

“My parents were always working, I was left alone. I learned how to live, how to survive, on my own."

Your parents have always seemed to spend more time in the office than home. So you decided to go to different places and see the world outside your own town. Better than remaining at home, that was for sure.

Objectives:

Join Mixologist Branch of the Culinary Career, get to level 8 (Chief Drink Operator)
Have the noncommittal trait
Kiss 6 sims
Be boyfriend/girlfriend to 2 sims then break their hearts (you can be married to one and dating the other).
Get married and have kid(s).
Kill/divorce spouse, then repeat above step (as many times as you'd like but at least once).
Throw a party (any type) at least once a week.
Host a gold rated house party.
Have the serial romantic aspiration and complete it.

Optional Objectives:

Go on at least 10 dates
Get a gold rating on at least one date.
Complete any break-up/divorce whims your sim has
Get Together Optional Expansion Path:

In addition to the objectives above also...

Have the DJ skill maxed out
DJ at a nightclub once a week
Max out the dance skill and win 3 dance battles
Accept any invitations to a nightclub or party unless it conflicts with work, social events, ect.

Generation Four Option 1 – The Artist

“The more I find, the more I type, and the more I learn of my parent's lives."

Your parents have led an interesting and dark life. With rich and vivid stories that were always told to you, both to entertain and warn, a creative spark was ignited in you. They filled you with the need to write and paint the images they spoke about.

Objectives:

Marry, woohoo, have kid(s)
Have a creative aspiration and complete it
Master Writing skill
Write at least 10 books
Join Writer Career, Author Branch and get to level 10
AND/OR

Master Painting skill
Paint at least 5 Masterpieces
Join Artist career (either branch) and get to level 10

Optional:

Be good friends with parents (parent) and siblings
Get 10,000 in royalties And/Or sell 10,000 in paintings

You can also become an Art Critic (chosen at level 5 of the Critic career) and achieve level 10
Go to an Arts Center once a week
Complete 5 murals/graffiti

Generation Four Option 2 - The Musician

"Though it might not be quite from my parents, I learned to play the guitar, and sing simple songs."

It must be that creative gene because you were born with a guitar in your hand. You've played it ever since you were able to pick it up, not caring if you didn't strum correctly or even well. But that you knew would get better in time. As it always does.

Objectives:

Master Two Instruments (Guitar, Piano or Violin)
Get to the top of the Entertainer Career; Musician Branch.
Have at least three kids
Get married to someone with the music lover or creative trait
Learn all songs

Optional Objectives:

Play for tips at all community lots
Have an affair (can be with a groupie, a maid, ect.)
Have/ Get a tattoo

Max out singing skill in addition to two instruments
Go to Karaoke bars once a week
Attend and win 3 Karaoke contests

Generation Five – The Protector

"Playing cops and robbers as a kid, I always wanted to kick bad-guy butt."

You always wanted to take out the bad in this world. And no matter what you'd try your hardest to prevail over the evil in your town. That was your motto anyway and thus is why you trained yourself so as to be great at what you do.

Objectives:

Join Secret Agent career, Diamond Agent route and complete it
Max Logic skill
Max Athletic skill
Marry your high school sweetheart
Have children as a YA
Donate to charity once a week

Get to Work Optional Expansion Path:

Join the detective career and become Chief (level 10)

Generation Six – The Evil Genius

"Some people just want to watch the world burn."

There was something about you. You were different from the others. Could it have been you were smothered in too much love from your parents or you were just born that way. Either way, things are going to change around here. For an evil better...

Objectives:

Join Criminal Career (either branch) and reach max level in chosen branch.
Have one of the Deviance Aspirations
Master Athletic skill
Master Charisma skill
Marry as an adult after at least two failed relationships and turn your spouse into a criminal mastermind
Have one child (you want the perfect evil child)
Be good friends with your child until they come a teen
Have 3 enemies
Perform at least 1 mean interaction a day and pull pranks/cause mischief at least once a week.

Optional Objectives:

Have 1 of your enemies be the previous generation's heir (their mother or father)

Generation Seven – The Bleeding Heart

“I won't end up like you!”

You grew up in the seedy underbelly, exposed to harsh realities far earlier than any child should have been. At first you thought your parents were cool – they took what they wanted, when they wanted it and allowed you to do the same. However, as you grew older you realized the harm they were causing and became determined to expose the very environment that helped shaped you.

Objectives:

Join the writer track and become a journalist
Make at least one enemy as a teen. Become best friends with your enemy as an adult. If you have multiple enemies become best friends with one and friends with the rest.
Reach max Charisma
Reach max Writing
Commit one ‘crime’ or prank a week as a teen
Donate to charity every Saturday as a YA
Get married as adult
Have three babies

Optional Objectives:

Get into fight with parent(s).

Become a politician and reach level 10 (you can choose either branch – become a national leader to help make policies to stop your parent's old life style OR a charity organizer to help raise funds for the people they hurt)

Generation Eight – The Spoiled Brat

“Who says I can't? I want one! Now!”

You grew up with a silver spoon in your mouth. Anything you asked for your parents gave you and if they ever dared to say no, you screamed until you got your way. You never had to earn anything and now, as heir to a fortune, you don't see any point in working. You spend your family's fortune on lavish dinners, spa days and whatever else might catch your eye.

Objectives:

Marry and woohoo a sim of your choice
Have two kids
Do not get a job (spouse can but the ‘heir’ cannot)
Do not help kids with homework or read them books. Do not teach the toddlers any skills or change their diaper/bathe them. Note: You are the fun parent! You can play video games with the children, you may take them to the park, you can help with with any fun skills you have maxed! If you have the parenting pack you MAY NOT discipline your children or ground them, but your spouse may!
Spend your family fortune – strive to get it just above what your bills are.
Heir must have 3 hobbies from this list (if it is a skill, max it! If it's a collection, complete it! If it's both, choose either collection or max skill): photography, woodworking, herbalist, frog collecting, fishing, gardening, painting, writing, causing mischief, video gaming, baking, collecting insects, yoga/meditating, collecting fossils, collecting post cards, bowling, or collecting snow globes.
Read 15 books
No dish cleaning, puddle mopping, shower cleaning or any other chores. You have a maid/butler for that (or a spouse).
Optional Objectives:

No skill that lowers fun is to be learned
Flirt with 3 sims in town

Generation Nine – The Star Gazer

"I don’t know why but I’ve always been fascinated with science, the Earth and space. The unknown is enthralling."

Despite the fact that your family has never placed any importance on science or education, you always found yourself gazing up at the night sky. The mysteries the stars held propelled you into your studies and eventually into your career.

Objectives:

Join Astronaut career (any branch) and reach level 10
Max Logic Skill
Max Handiness Skill
Have kids
Have a small garden
Complete the nerd brain aspiration.
Visit Sixam in the rocket ship
Complete the alien collection
Optional Objectives:

Get married
Get rocket science to level 10
Grow the UFO plant
Get to Work Optional Expansion:

Join the scientist career and reach level 10
Make and use every invention and serum

Generation Ten - The computer prodigy

" 'Real' friends? They are my real friends."

Your parents were often busy with their own lives, chasing the unknown. They helped you study and made sure you had food to eat, but you always felt they weren't invested in other parts of your life. You took solace in the digital realm, finding comfort and support through forums, video games and social media sites.

Objectives:

You may only socialize with sims through the computer (the exception is other sims in your household) until you become friends with them. Once friends, you may travel with and invite over that/those specific sims.
Join the Tech Guru career (either branch).
Complete the computer whizz aspiration
Max out programming and video gaming skill
Have at least two children
Optional Objectives:

Win 3 professional gaming tournaments
Earn 10,000 via live streams/social media sites/designing your own apps
Start your own social media site; have over 3000 follows

You may join the Social Media career instead (either branch)
Sources (Credit):

http://angelofafallen.livejournal.com/818.html#cutid1
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535355
http://sims3challengesrules.blogspo...new-sims-3.html
4s8gctV.png
The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
Post edited by Arrowleaf on

Comments

• ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited February 2017
    Legacies using this challenge will be posted and linked to here!

The Landon Legacy: Wordpress: https://thelandonlegacy.wordpress.com/2015/03/03/the-landon-legacy-generation-one-prologue-the-farmer/

Forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13381033#Comment_13381033

thesimsapplegatelegacy.wordpress.com/
    Post edited by Arrowleaf on
    4s8gctV.png
  • WarLilyWarLily Posts: 122 Member
    @Arrowleaf Arrow! You're back! I was such a huge fan of your rainbowcies and I was sad when you stopped writing. I went by a different username though. Are you going to be hosting the story here, or on a different thread? I would love to have the link so I can read it. :)
    Banner_zpstzixcn91.png
    Haha, what was your username?! I actually created a new account thinking everything of mine had been wiped in the year I was gone but it wasn't, to my surprise. :]

Ah, I will probably create my own post for it (and a blog) but I'll also link it under the legacies section of this. I kind of want to do another rainbowcy (apparently I'm still addicted to Berry Sweets) but I have to go figure out all of the CC for it so I just might make this DitFT 'normal' sims.
    4s8gctV.png
  • WarLilyWarLily Posts: 122 Member
    I don't know if you would remember, but I was CO4Sims3. I had to create a new account because I wanted to separate from my family's account now that I'm older. I didn't know about this member mumbo-jumbo, so that is putting a damper on my new story. But, oh well, I'm not really a complainer. I'm glad all your content was saved though!

I am so sad about the less customizable sims when it comes to color, because I was so in love with Berry Sweet sims. Now I'm making normal looking sims and it is interesting going back to that dynamic of creativity. Normal isn't bad though, and I can't wait to read your DitFT story.
    Banner_zpstzixcn91.png
    I do remember you. :] Yeah, the new member thing sucks. I still don't know how to do half the things I want to do anymore, I have to re-learn the forums and the sims all over again, but it's better than being a new member. It's weird how they did that.

Yeah, normal is not bad at all! I just have that berry sweet in my veins, I guess. You'll have to link me to your story whenever you are able to!
    4s8gctV.png
  • totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member
    This is great! I just started in on a simple legacy commentary, but maybe to spice up my sim life, I'll take a stab at this after a while. Thanks for posting!
    # BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
    Forum Thread | Blog
    I am glad you like it! If you do start it up, let me know. I'd love to hear how it goes. :]
    4s8gctV.png
  • olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    do u need to find all the plants? or can u just purchase them.
    we way too young to get old <3
  • CherrysamaCherrysama Posts: 13 New Member
    Thanks you about this one. This was one of my favorite challenges of Sims 3 and it's so great get this one sims 4 too :)
  • lovingbabeslovingbabes Posts: 81 Member
    I think i will try this challenge but could you tell me do we need to find all the plants for Generation 1..Thanks so much for posting this challenge
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    > @olyanaesme said:
    > do u need to find all the plants? or can u just purchase them.

only so many plants are available for purchase. the rest, you will have to hunt for them... this is an optional objective and i think if you focus on looking for 100% of the plants, you'll be stuck in gen 1 for a long time (same with all the fish)
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    thesimsapplegatelegacy.wordpress.com/

I have started a legacy under this idea... so check it if interested!
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • lovingbabeslovingbabes Posts: 81 Member
    Thank you for letting me know about the plants ..I also looked up your legacy and i love it so far
  • lans2010lans2010 Posts: 68 New Member
    Are you going to update this challenge for the new expansion and game packs? Because if not I will...
  • CherrysamaCherrysama Posts: 13 New Member
    I really want see updated this challenge :)
  • Jessvera1Jessvera1 Posts: 45 Member
    REALLY looking for a current adaptation of this!!
  • KrazyKatSmsKrazyKatSms Posts: 201 Member
    Hi. I've just started this challenge and it's and awesome idea, your adaptation is so cool! I'm doing it on YouTube but I haven't uploaded part 1 yet. :)
    Hey guys, I am going to update this challenge for all the new expansions that have come out since I posted this. I forgot all about it, honestly.

Does anyone have any idea or thoughts on how I should update it? :]
    4s8gctV.png
    Added optional routes to Gen 2 and Gen 3.
    4s8gctV.png
    Updated Gen 4, 5 and 6. Suggestions and thoughts are still welcomed on them!
    4s8gctV.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2017
    I would think after the criminal gen, the kid would want to be a cop or secret agent. For storytelling purposes, this would create more drama/conflict between parent and child. Being a writer doesn't make sense.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Good idea! I'll go back through and re-work the order of the generations. My original thought (way back when I first made this) was that they were a journalist, more-so than a writer, in order to bring light to the public the evil misdeeds of their parent's gang but that does make more sense.
    4s8gctV.png
    I would think after the criminal gen, the kid would want to be a cop or secret agent. For storytelling purposes, this would create more drama/conflict between parent and child. Being a writer doesn't make sense.

Okay, how about this? I re ordered them, updated a lot of stuff, and condensed it down to just ten generations. :D
    4s8gctV.png
  • Callielee227Callielee227 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi!! I'm doing this legacy challenge! https://lilaclegacychallenge.wordpress.com/ if you want to check it out :)
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member

I have been doing this challenge in both TS3 and now TS4 and I love it. I´m currently on gen 5 and here are some pics of the founder and the heirs:
    iEJSQqH.jpg?2
    From the top left: Elliot Badger, the founder. To his right: Dakota Badger, gen 1 heir. 2nd left: Gabriel Badger, gen 2 heir. Next to him: Gloria Badger, gen 3 heir. 3rd left: Bowie Badger, gen 4 heir and next to him the current heir Matilda Badger <3