Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Rhodes Legacy

Comments

• Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    I've played the doctor career and it annoys me that the same Sims show up. I wish the game could mix it up a little.

I can't wait to see the nooboo!! :blush:
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    Just found this and love it! So cute, both the sims and the story! <3
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @minkydpain Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying reading it as much as I am playing it. ;)

@thejennifer Luckily, it's my first time playing the doctor career. So, it not too bad. Don't worry, the baby will be coming soon! :D

@Simslover163 I guess repeat patients is an issue with the game coding. I was wondering if it was because of Newcrest's low population. :)

@Songwolf666 Welcome, it's always great to make another simmer friend and hope that you continue to enjoy the story! :smiley:
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited May 2017
    I just found your story and love it! They are so adorable together :smile:
    @Celticgamer0 Thank you for the kind words and I hope you continue enjoying the story! :)
    edited November 2019
    M588edU.jpg
    KJuzUKS.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

After work, I decided to take Jaylen to the new movie theater that recently opened in Newcrest.

It’s attached to the local library and bit on the modest side, you have to serve yourself. So, I decided to make us a couple bowls of butter popcorn before the movie started.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    PvtxXL9.jpg
    3ztAYEr.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

We ended up watching “Simder”; which is a romantic movie that we’ve both been wanting to see. It was really good and had a few tear jerker scenes as well…

But luckily, it ended with an happy and romantic ending. We loved it!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    HiC5kmO.jpg
    p4baNaT.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

When we got home after the movie, we were surprised to see that we almost missed Jaylen’s sister, Chelsea. She had stopped by to see us and the soon-to-be baby.

“Hey there sweet baby. I’m your Aunt Chelsea and I’m going to be your favorite aunt!”

“Sis, you’ll be the baby’s only aunt.”

“I know. I don’t have any competition on being the favorite. Isn’t it great?”

*sigh*
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    7MWHX0c.jpg
    3LCJXdf.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Chelsea loved the new additions to the house; along with the new nursery. She was also impressed with Jaylen’s latest artwork and even asked for a couple of paintings for her own home.

“Hey, Sis. When do you think that you’re going to settle down and start a family of your own?”

“Well, it might be sooner than you think.”

“Really?”

“Yes, I’ve been seeing an awesome guy, Salvador, and things are getting pretty serious. He used to be a mixologist when he was young, but now he’s settled down and he’s currently a best selling author.”

“Ohhh… when do we get to meet him”

“He’s currently touring for his new book, but I’ll be sure to bring him over the next time he’s in town. I promise!”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    ZmCfOav.jpg
    QGOod0R.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Before we knew it, it was time for Jaylen to take maternity leave from work until it was time to give birth.

To keep busy, he worked from home in our new home office and created some vibrant and happy artwork. They really brighten up the house!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    AF2lbz7.jpg
    9FiLA8U.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

When I saw that the Spice Festival started today, I wasn’t sure if Jaylen would be up to it, but he had a bit of “cabin fever” and jumped at the idea of getting out of the house and Newcrest.

After one quick train ride, we arrived in San Myshuno and the Spice Festival!

I jumped at the first opportunity to get new spices for the kitchen.

“I bet Jaylen can work magic with these in the kitchen!”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    0QJfkyz.jpg
    MjmCrtX.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

We both enjoyed all of the festival’s activities. We blew bubbles, set off firecrackers, listened to live music, and picked up a couple snow globes.
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    1L0ZnvW.jpg
    p3oYnxG.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

At first, we thought that Jaylen had a bit of indigestion after the Spicy Curry Challenge. But then we figured it was just the new soon-to-be family member enjoying the festival’s music by dancing.

So, we decided to get something to drink until…

Jaylen’s water broke!

*pulls out mobile phone*

“Willow Creek Hospital, this is Fatima. How can I help you?”

“Fatima, this is Cliff! Jaylen’s went into labor and we’re on our way!”

“OK. Stay calm, be careful, and get here safely. I’ll let Dr. Suzuki know now.”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    oLrcwgW.jpg
    GBc17NB.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

We just made it in time at the station for the last train. I’m still shocked on how quickly we made it to the hospital.

“Hi guys, we’ve been expecting you. Dr. Suzuki’s already for you in OR 2.”

“Thanks, Fatima. I’ll take him”

“Sure thing! Good luck and congratulations, guys.”
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    cWgBsja.jpg
    iQYvdOv.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

As a medical professional, I’m normally very calm and collected when at the hospital; however, when it’s the birth of your own baby. Things are completely different…

Luckily, the labor went smoothly and quickly. Before we knew it, we had a new bouncing baby boy!
    Post edited by Jase on
    edited November 2019
    zcR09pm.jpg
    mVO4dlt.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

We couldn’t wait to take the newest addition to our family home and show him his new nursery.

“Welcome home, Kole.”
    Post edited by Jase on
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Yay! Congratulations on the baby! Kole is a cute name.
    @Tomatplante Thanks! I wasn't sure what to name him. So, I kept rolling the name generator for what seemed to be forever until Kole popped up. I knew instantly that was the one. :)
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    Yay!! So cute, I'm very excited to see this baby grow up! <3
    @thejennifer I knew you and few other readers would be happy about this update. I've got quite a few updates that I would like to get uploaded this weekend before the release of the Parenthood GP. :)
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    Yay! so happy to have little more of the story!
    @minkydpain Glad to hear that you liked it. I hope to a few more updates before the GP is released. :)
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Hooray! Congrats on the nooboo! Kole is a great name and I look forward to watching him grow! :smiley:
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    @Simslover163 Thanks! I'm happy to hear that you liked the update and Kole's name. I don't think I've seen that one come up in the generator before. So, I wonder if some new names were patched in recently or if I just don't pay enough attention? LOL :D
    edited November 2019
    aY81R94.jpg
    lUp3P9O.jpg
    5ixcJp0.jpg

Wow… does time fly when they’re babies!

One day your bouncing and cooing at them and before you know it. BAM! Your baby is now a toddler.

Unlike when he was a baby, Kole doesn’t like staying in his room since becoming a toddler. So, we bought him a second toybox. That way, we can play where we can see him and make clean up for us just a tad bit easier.
    Post edited by Jase on