Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Movie Studio is coming to The Sims FreePlay

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
It looks like a Movie Studio is coming to The Sims FreePlay. Since TS4 lacks a Movie Studio (and Film career) at this time, this will be one of the few updates that doesn't reuse things from TS4.

Although The Sims Superstar and The Sims 3 Late Night had the Movie Studio, the Movie making/acting in FreePlay could be a unique concept. TS3 had a Film career and there are similar careers such as Entertainment (The Sims and The Sims Life Stories), Fame (Superstar), Show Business (The Sims 2 University), and lastly Movie Star (The Sims FreePlay).

FreePlay's Movie Star is unique as it's a profession instead of a normal career although Film in The Sims 3 Late Night had profession tasks similar to Medical in The Sims 3 Ambitions. If The Sims 4 would feature a Movie acting/directing career, would be a profession similar to FreePlay or a normal career like the other games?
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I have installed it and it looks like a reuse of the idea behind the new police career because it seems to work in the same way. The problem is though that the Sims Freeplay now needs us to use much more time on the game with those two new careers. So I don't think I want more careers like this. But I will attempt this one too though :)
    Yes it is like the police career and just a new version of it. But apparently they know that it is hard to play two such careers at the same time. So they have set a maximum of only 15 task for each workshift where the police career had a maximum of 25 tasks. So it seems to be easier and not so hard work in this new career ;)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I have updated my game and it looks like there are changes in the update.

The first is the change of the Sim's career. Here's my Sim's career between the Police and Movie Star updates.
    Police Update:
    Sim%20Actor%20%28Police%29.PNG?psid=1
    Movie Star Update:
    Sim%20Actor%20%28Movie%20Studio%29.PNG?psid=1
    Notice that Ruby's career is Actor on Police but on the other screenshot it is now Movie Studio. Ruby Last is Level 5 on the Actor career but she's level 5/10 on the Movie Star update.

Another example is the arrangement of the careers starting from the Police career.
    Police Update:
    Actor%20career%20%28Police%29%20.PNG?psid=1
    Movie Star Update:
    Actor%20career%20%28Movie%20Star%29.PNG?psid=1
    On Police, it was Police, Actor, and then Artist but it's Police, Artist, and then Athlete on the Movie Star update. Due to the change of the Actor career, the normal careers now start with Artist and end with Teacher rather than starting from Actor and ending with Teacher like in the Police update. In the screenshot below, the Movie Studio is now before the Police Career.
    Movie%20Studio%20career.PNG?psid=1

The icon of the Movie Studio building is also changed:
    Police Update:
    Movie%20Studio%20%28Police%29.PNG?psid=1
    Movie Star Update:
    Movie%20Studio%20%28Movie%20Star%29.PNG?psid=1
    Yes I know. I noticed it in the catwalk modeling hobby which used to take more than 3 hrs for each session but now only take 2 hrs and 15 minutes. I used to just switch away from this hobby after tapping on my sim and my catwalker used to be finished when I returned. But this doesn't work anymore after this update. Now she just starts over unless I stay until she is finished ;)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited November 2016
    I missed two changes, one as mentioned by @Erpe is that the Catwalk Hobby is now 2 Hours and 15 Minutes instead of 3 Hours and 15 Minutes. Another change is the Welcome to The Sims FreePlay screen.
    Police Update
    file.php?id=10024&mode=view
    Movie Studio
    FP%20Welcome%20%28Movie%20Star%29.PNG?psid=1
    Anyone who was greeted with the Welcome to The Sims FreePlay screen in the Police Update can immediately notice a change. The logo returns but it no longer contains any SimTown information and the screen now says Welcome Back! instead of Welcome to The Sims FreePlay.

The latter is interesting since the Welcome to The Sims FreePlay was used since the beginning of The Sims FreePlay, it seems interesting they would finally change it. The same also happened with the FreePlay logo where it was changed in December 2015 to match The Sims 4's logo
    TS4-FP%20Comparsion.png?psid=1.

I would wonder why the SimTown information was removed on the Welcome screen. I tried search Google but I couldn't find the old Welcome screen, it would be nice if anyone has a screenshot of the Welcome to The Sims FreePlay screen in the Police Update,

Since the Catwalk is now 2 hours and 15 minutes, it should make it quicker to get the collectibles but I don't know if Sims earn less Hobby XP from the action. Most Hobbies' XP is affected by the time of the action so a 12 Hour option would give a Sim more XP compared to an action lasting 1 hour. Do Sims earn less XP from a single Catwalk action compared to the Police Update?
    Post edited by WinMacSims3 on
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Has anyone noticed that the animations in the police career now just stop without completing when the bubble appears above your sim to indicate that particular task is complete? (For example I had a sim who was filing a report who walked over to the filing cabinet and then without the usual 'walk back and sit down' animation happening the task just stopped and he got the credits etc. Weird.)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    @NZsimm3r Yes - there are many changes in this update :)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Hmm, seems more like glitches than updated if you know what I mean. :/@Erpe
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Yes. I don't know if they really are improvements either or just changes for the sake of changes :)
  • KARDASH1988KARDASH1988 Posts: 136 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Yes. I don't know if they really are improvements either or just changes for the sake of changes :)

Good point :)
    oY6RhfG.jpg
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Hi @NZsimm3r, what sort of odd glitches are you seeing? :S We'd like to fix 'em up as they're not suppose to be around! ><
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
    Hi @NZsimm3r, what sort of odd glitches are you seeing? :S We'd like to fix 'em up as they're not suppose to be around! ><
    There are a few minor glitches. Just now I remember two:
    1. Often I get a message about the workstation being occupied even though this isn't the case. Most often the problem is solved just by repeating the order to my sim about using it. But sometimes it takes a little longer before the game realizes that nobody is actually using it.
    2. In both the new careers something odd often happens when we visit a neighbor's city of the neighbor also is playing the new career. The game then tells us the names of our neigbor's sims and that they have finished their workshift. We are then asked if we will pay LPs to send them back to work which I of course refuses. This happens in both the new careers. But why do we get this information and those questions when we are just visiting? It is as if the game wants us to play our neigbor's sims too.
    Oh, that's quite a bit odd... thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'll ask around and see what's going on, but in the meantime, could you please send us a help request about these two issues? We can looking into things from there... thanks @Erpe :)
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
    Oh, that's quite a bit odd... thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'll ask around and see what's going on, but in the meantime, could you please send us a help request about these two issues? We can looking into things from there... thanks @Erpe :)
    I believe that part of the problem already is solved because I am not asked if I want to send my neighbor's sims back to work by using LPs anymore. But I still get notifications to inform me about my neighbor's four sims who have just finished work in the two new workstations and how they have done while at work. But I don't know why I should have those new notifications which I (fortunately) still never get when my neighbor's sims finish work in any of the older careers?
    Hi Erpe, I'm sorry I'm a little confused... You're getting notifications about your neighbour's Sims who have finished work at workstations on a lot that isn't in your town? Let me know if I'm getting that correct or not :)
    Hi Erpe, I'm sorry I'm a little confused... You're getting notifications about your neighbour's Sims who have finished work at workstations on a lot that isn't in your town? Let me know if I'm getting that correct or not :)
    Yes. When I visit my neighbor's town to do a task to get SPs I very often get all the same information which I get when my own sims finish their work on the police station and/or in the movie studio. So I am shown the bars where I can see the sims' progress from their finished work hours, their levels and so on. The reason clearly is that their town was saved online while they were at work. But when I visit the town several hours after this online save then their work session is finished and the game just behaves like I was the owner of those sims and therefore gives me the same information as the player who owned the town would have got. But of course I don't need this information because I don't own those sims. So it is just confusing until we realize that this information isn't for us anyway ;)

Earlier I was even asked if I would use LPs to send my neighbor's sims back to work. But at least this doesn't seem to happen anymore.
  • fakefake Posts: 613 Member
    if we Get The Sims 4 Superstar Expansion Pack With Movie Studio i hope we can make Movie as The Movies Game this would what funny :)