Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help - Seasons has vanished!

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    MadIris wrote: »
    MadIris wrote: »
    All you really need to look for is the first cover. It may be harder to find since a lot of sellers use Google images instead of taking a picture themselves. If you bought the Collector's Edition it will for sure come with the correct base game (pre-2012)... But I looked up prices last night and you're looking at around $40 USD unless you find a better deal.

So far I haven't seen any with that cover that high. Example:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sims+3+new+eBay&start=20&sa=N&hl=en-US&biw=480&bih=746&tbs=cat:1279,pdtr0:928795|928805,vw:l,init_ar:SgVKAwj_1CUoKUggIm9g4IKXYOA%3D%3D,ss:44&tbm=shop&prmd=sivn&srpd=16983451639775211893&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:16983451639775211893&ved=0ahUKEwiiqb6jtYnUAhWI6oMKHd2_CDw4FBCCNgjXBQ

She is talking about the collectors edition. That is if you want a new unused sealed base game.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-THE-SIMS-3-COLLECTORS-EDITION-WINDOWS-MAC-PC-VIDEO-GAMES-2GB-USB-/302192911589?hash=item465c19e4e5:g:j54AAOSwZQRYdW59

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-SIMS-3-Collectors-Edition-PC-Game-New-Read-Description-/152229106760?hash=item23718fd448:g:je8AAOSwvzRXy3v5

You maybe able to find used base games cheaper but if they are used and registered to someone else you won't be able to use the sims 3 store

Got it. I'll stick with new, I like the store.... I thought it was that cover I had to look for. If those are Origin-free I don't care about the price...I'm going through withdrawl, lol

*sigh* lesson learned about corporate greed and incompetence - and I truly appreciate all the help you have all given me :smile:

I truly hope EA has a change of so-called heart, they really screwed us by not stressing this policy in a way that everyone would know immediately and cracking down on ebay long ago.

Your very welcome. I agree its greedy for them to blame the player who paid for those codes.

Yes that collectors box comes with the plumbob usb flash drive. It should have an unused 2009 version of the base game with the diamonds all over it and the faces inside the box. That version can be used without origin and the 1.67 patch. You can start the game via the ts3w file and bypass the launcher when starting your game. YEA!!! My original base game is the collectors edition and I have an extra unused sealed collectors edition for safe keeping.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited May 2017
    @MadIris If you had an account with an already registered base game then you could purchase a used physical copy... But if EA has shut down your account or taken away the base game then that won't work. You would need a new sealed pre-2012 copy in order to register for store access.

Hope that made sense. :p and yeah, a sealed copy of the collector's edition is at least 40 USD. Looking at it now, a new copy of the base game alone seems pretty pricey too. This one ships from UK. (GBP 27.99 - Approximately US $36.33) + shipping
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Sims-3-PC-DVD-ROM-Base-Game-for-MAC-or-Windows-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/272661894392?hash=item3f7bea54f8:g:u1kAAOSwc-tY54os

*Might be cheaper to find a sealed collector's edition sold in the US. :#
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-The-SIMS-3-Collectors-Edition-PC-Game-2GB-USB-DRIVE-WINDOWS-MAC-SOFTWARE-/142364687747?hash=item212598bd83:m:mkgXsFQbj3rFPce10B_BkXg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    A brand new collectors edition is what I ended up buying. I paid around $40 USD for it also. It seemed like a fair price to me. If I could have found just the basic 2009 base game new, I would have got that instead, but all I could find on eBay for that version were used ones.
    edited May 2017
    slynnski wrote: »
    A brand new collectors edition is what I ended up buying. I paid around $40 USD for it also. It seemed like a fair price to me. If I could have found just the basic 2009 base game new, I would have got that instead, but all I could find on eBay for that version were used ones.
    It's a good thing I didn't have to buy the base game but at the same time, I've always wanted the collecter's edition. :# The USB would be handy to backup a copy of the 1.67 superpatch. lol

@slynnski, oops, I have patch 1.69 :open_mouth: I'm not sure if I started with it or if it happened because of an Origin update but that's the one I have.

I have patch 1.69 right now as well. But if you uninstall and reinstall with all discs and a pre-2012 base game, you can patch up to 1.67 and stay there.
    It's a good thing I didn't have to buy the base game but at the same time, I've always wanted the collecter's edition. :# The USB would be handy to backup a copy of the 1.67 superpatch. lol

Not gonna lie, I'm excited for the plumbob USB as well :D

And that's a good idea for how to use it!

Just think if you store the 1.67 patch on the usb you could charge extra if you ever resold it. Comes with bonus the 1.67 patch LOL
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    @slynnski, ah thanks but I don't have any discs. All my Sims games are codes. I ought to get the discs though, if they are cheap enough. My mate said they have the CD and an expansion and always play offline and don't need Origin at all.
    @plushtrap_107 If you have the extra money to spend, I would definitely invest in the discs so you don't have to deal with Origin/EA and their Big Brother practices ever again. You can find them for pretty cheap on ebay. :)
    @slynnski, that sounds good to me :) Thanks, I shall definitely check them out!
    edited May 2017
    @plushtrap_107 It's important to note that you need a base game copy printed before 2012.
    Pre-2012
    Sims3cover.jpg
    After 2012 (Do not buy this one.)
    SP_Img_ver932069.png

The first cover I posted is the one you need in order to avoid Origin. It's harder to find since a lot of sellers use Google images instead of taking a picture themselves.. So you will want to find a seller that takes their own pictures. Sometimes this is noted in the item description. If you already have an account with a registered base game copy (valid), then you can buy used. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a new sealed copy for store access on the sims 3 website.

After that you can either buy used or new sealed copies of the packs. Make sure you are indeed buying a physical copy and not a digital code. The collection needs to be all on disc with the 1.67 superpatch installed to avoid Origin.
    @Simasaurus09, thanks, that is really helpful :) Will the pre-2012 version work OK on Windows 10?
    @Simasaurus09, thanks, that is really helpful :) Will the pre-2012 version work OK on Windows 10?

Yes it should work on windows 10. It works on windows 8. Im on 8 and using the 2009 version of the base game
    @phoebebebe13, awesome, thanks :)
    @plushtrap_107 I installed my new (old) base game tonight and I have Windows 10. No hiccups. I went in game a little bit but did not play extensively. But everything seemed okay.
    @slynnski, thanks, that's great :)

Another question, lol! Can I put my cc and worlds I bought from the store into the offline Sims?
    @slynnski, thanks, that's great :)

Another question, lol! Can I put my cc and worlds I bought from the store into the offline Sims?

you should be able to with the store as long as the base game is registered to your account.

Someone posted in Gen Discussions the sims 3 store was down for maintenance. The question is what is EA up to? They might be doing something to the store. I don't know what . Steam and the people who play on Mac are still on the 1.67 patch
    @phoebebebe13, excellent, thanks :) If I register a Sims 2009 disc though, won't that tie me into Origin again? Or do you mean my Sims 3 code that is already registered?

I just logged onto the Sims 3 store, it seems OK to me at the moment.
    edited May 2017
    @phoebebebe13, excellent, thanks :) If I register a Sims 2009 disc though, won't that tie me into Origin again? Or do you mean my Sims 3 code that is already registered?

I just logged onto the Sims 3 store, it seems OK to me at the moment.

I don't know how that is going to work. I registered my base game disc a long time ago. I can download from the store. From what others are saying in this thread, your base game has to match up with the store. If you already have a base game registered, I don't know if buying a new base game CD will cause conflict with the store. You would have to register that CD and will EA let you register that CD?

I logged into the sims 3 store. no problem. I just get a notice the sims 3 store is not secure. It's possible they are up to putting more security on there after what has been going on with eps.
    @plushtrap_107 I installed my new (old) base game tonight and I have Windows 10. No hiccups. I went in game a little bit but did not play extensively. But everything seemed okay.

Can you use the store with the new CD? Did you register it on origin? Did EA let you register it?
    @phoebebebe13, ah yeah, that's a point. I couldn't register two Sims 3's. I know my mate plays offline with their disc of Sims 3 but I don't think they use the store.
    edited May 2017
    @plushtrap_107 others in here just got a new disc. Lets see what they post about being able to use the store. I use to have two base games in my account. My original and one from the starter pack. EA deleted my original base game download because it did not require origin. I still have that original download in my computer that does not require origin. I have never used the newer download that requires origin. I am still able to use the store. I believe my older version of the base game is the one registered to the sims 3 web, not the new base game

Can you use the store with the new CD? Did you register it on origin? Did EA let you register it?

All of my old games are still registered, so no, I did not have to register my new base game. I downloaded half of my store content into my new game last night with no problems. So I don't know what would happen if you registered a base game now, if it would make you go through Origin or not. But Origin is compeletly gone from my computer and I haven't had any issues...yet.
    edited May 2017

All of my old games are still registered, so no, I did not have to register my new base game. I downloaded half of my store content into my new game last night with no problems. So I don't know what would happen if you registered a base game now, if it would make you go through Origin or not. But Origin is compeletly gone from my computer and I haven't had any issues...yet.

That is good to know :)
    Yeah, that sounds promising to me as well :) It'd be cool if I could put my store bought content into an offline version of Sims 3 to play.