Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 in glorious widescreen!

gypsygypsy Posts: 48 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims (2000)
After a TON of tinkering, I finally got the Sims 1 playing in widescreen with minimal glitches. I think it looks really good! I couldn't find anymore more videos of simmers playing the Sims 1 in widescreen, so I thought I'd upload mine.

Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0EZD7nQCw

I plan on doing some videos on this game in the future. Right now we're playing the Newbies which is my favorite family. I just wanted to share this with everyone who has trouble playing the game on Windows 10. I know it can be tricky. If anyone's interested, maybe I can make a tutorial on how to play in widescreen without all the glitches.

Thanks for reading, bye!!!
I'm Clementine. Can I... borrow a piece of your chicken?
Post edited by gypsy on

Comments

• GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    That's awesome!
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • gypsygypsy Posts: 48 Member
    @Godlike Thanks for stopping by! check out my channel for more Sims videos <3
    @Rflong7 Thank you!!! I can definitely make a tutorial sometime soon!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    @🐸🐸🐸🐸 I recently (finally!) got my TS1 working again. I have Win10. The installation went without hiccups, but getting the game to play was another matter alltoghether. I did find a no-cd exe on a site, and apart from a couple of crashes where the game stops responding, I can play my TS1 again! Not to mention all the wonderful downloads I still had on a CD from 2003! :D I so missed the walls/floors I made back then, and all the other additions from sites that no longer excist.

I'll definately be following a Lets Play of it, for sure! :) It always gives me ideas for my own games. Going to chime in with a "Please" to a tutorial :)
    @Kathykins I had a bunch of gorgeous cc back in the day! Nowadays I only have a few downloads from Around the Sims. They make lovely furniture. Maybe you could share some of your favorite downloads or post some screenshots?

Thanks for stopping by~ I'm planning on making a tutorial for playing in widescreen here within the week or so!
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Oh goodness, I was such a downloads fanatic! What I found on those CD's was about 520 MB's worth of objects, walls, floors, skins and programs. Even found HomeCrafter in there, got it to work, and who knows, might create for the game again. It's a ton of fun :) Also found most of the stuff we had on our own site! I still have to go thru it all, and sort it. Hope I still have the zips, and not just images and txt-files...Might have to recreate some of the houses, we had some really good house builders :)
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    Wowie.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    very cool