Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruSarah wants our idea for new toddler objects!

15678911...Next

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Paddling pools. Toddlers swimming in the regular swimming pools as well (I have no idea if they already can!)
    Toy trucks, building toys like Lego Duplo, slides
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Thanks for creating this thread, as I am not on Twitter. I agree with some of the ideas that have already been posted, especially the idea of a xylophone for developing creativity/music skill in toddlers (I was disappointed that it wasn't included in the game like before), a toddler table for colouring and doing art (and one which several kids can do together -- it annoys me that the current art table only allows for solo art). Playground equipment designed for toddlers, including kiddie swings and riding toys, would be nice to have again. I would also like to see a kiddie pool, sandbox etc. I would love a tea set and a costume trunk too, but if EA makes new toddler toys (especially an art table or tea set or costume trunk) I hope kids are allowed to use them with their younger siblings and each other to build social skill as well. I agree that the imaginary friend would be nice to have back again, but only if kids can have it too. I agree that we need new socials for kids and toddlers as well (including social games like pat-a-cake, mary mack, rock/paper/scissors, and teach/ sing nursery rhymes; these should all come back, along with maybe some group activity like Simon Says or musical chairs).

A very common toy that they have never included in any Sims incarnation is a doll -- so I wish they would include playable dolls (of all varieties, and with their own unique animations) small enough for the toddlers to cuddle and play with (the stuffed animals are really too big for them in my opinion). My tiny niece is going through a phase where she loves her dolls, especially dressing and feeding them, and it is the cutest the thing ever. But it need not be limited to girls -- boy versions could be made as well, or they could be gender-neutral like stuffed animals (or all three).

I should just add that in my opinion there is no need for Maxis to reinvent the wheel; there are plenty of old ideas that ought to be revived. Some old Sims toys that could be reintroduced would the play kitchen/ toy oven (complete with the opportunity for baking treats and early cooking skill development); I miss that so much, because it allowed hungry kids to feed themselves and get a head start on cooking, as well as (in Sims 3) to sell treats on a bake table. Toddlers could just play with the oven, while kids could actually cook their own unique treats with it. They could also bring back the jack-in-the-box and spinning toy from Sims 2 (loved those), along with the robot toys and electric car. From Sims 3, it would be nice to have the walker again and the playpen, or just the wall toys from the playpen, like the toddler mirror and the abacus. With the new walking/ motor skill for toddlers a walker could be very useful. Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead would be cute, as well as slinky toys, board games, fridge magnets, stacking toys and soft balls for throwing and rolling. Toddlers are among my favorite sims to play, so any toys that give them more opportunities to interact with other sims and to do things are most welcome.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    For toddlers the ability to play peekaboo again, nursery rhymes, strollers without the glitches (I have many memories of moms using the strollers and their arms were behind them or they were IN FRONT of the stroller while pushing it).
    More color options for items already available to them because I like to color coordinate their bedrooms/ For example: If the bed is blue the dresser, night stand, lamp, and book case are going to be blue as well. But some of the toys don't have that shade of blue or any shade of blue for that matter so I often can't use one toy or another for that reason or even a piece of furniture can't be used because the shade of the color I'm using isn't available.
    The ability to have tea parties with dollies and teddy bears sounds cute too. Plus the ability to have a parent sim, like a dad, play tea party with them. With the choice of it being juice or water in their cups.
    More choices for eyeglasses, hair (especially girl hair), and clothes, would be good too.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Looks like we aren't getting any of this stuff in the new GP. :cry:
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited May 2017
    if a pets or a farm ep is ever released, I think it would be cute to have a miniature pony ride for toddlers and children. Ofcourse, this particular mini pony would be separated from the actual Horse lifestate (furniture-ish, so the animation would support tots and children and it wouldn't affect the actual lifestate). That way the mini pony can't run away with the kids :lol: .

Still have soo many more ideas everyday. But I'll post another once I remember them :lol: .
    Simanite wrote: »
    Looks like we aren't getting any of this stuff in the new GP. :cry:

/hugs/ Hay, this lifespan still isn't over yet, we haven't a clue of what's to come in the following 3 years <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    I would like any (ideally all) of these in game:

pTRUCA1-17593196_alternate1_reg.jpg
    pTRUCA1-12510104reg.jpg
    pTRUCA1-24371208reg.jpg
    pTRUCA1-15037069reg.jpg
    pTRUCA1-23934121reg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top