Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building & Decorating Tips?

One of the things I enjoy the most in TS3 is the building. I have many ideas for lots I want to use in my game, I have many objects to choose from that would fit nicely together (at least in my mind), but it's like the building from scratch does not turn out as expected....
I feel like I could really use some tips / techniques for the whole building and decorating process.
I see some amazing creations out there, obiously it's a matter of talent too, but I think something more "structured" could help me advance.
Could you share your process of building? Or any general tips and advices? Your input would be very appriciated. :smile:

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Many simmers build for humans. I do not. I build for sims.

I don't build closets cause sims don't use closets. In general I don't build rooms that sims will not use.

I study the paths that sims follow and try to arrange furniture and appliances so that different paths do not cross ( cuts down on the number of sims' collisions and all the foot tapping and other wasted time sims spend trying to go where they want). The kitchen is the primary room I use this principle on to avoid the crossing of the "food prep path" with the "clean up the dishes path" with the "get leftovers from the frig path" with the "just passing through to get outside path".

I don't decorate or add "clutter" if it does not have an environmental value. If the environmental value for a room reaches a certain number sims in that room get a positive moodlet - decorated (can't remember the value). If the room has a higher number they get a nicely decorated moodlet. And higher yet sims will get the beautifully decorated moodlet, worth 40 points. Getting positive moodlets helps a sim accumulate happiness reward points. I try to have the bedrooms generate the beautifully decorated moodlet because sims spend so much time sleeping. I also like to build great rooms or combo kitchen/dining rooms because there are so many things there to add to the environmental value.

I like to use the furniture and appliances that will generate the highest levels of comfort, hygiene, energy, etc for my sims that they can afford even if it does not look as good as a cheaper model.

In general I try to build what will fit into the town or the neighborhood.

Auto-roof almost always creates crappy looking roofs.

• HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Building comes much easier to me when I have a specific building in mind before I start. I like to use floor plans for houses (lots of sites online for that) or will look for pictures on the Internet and try to build something I like. I get a kick out of attempting to make my sim build look as closely like the picture as I can, which often calls for creativity since obviously not everything IRL is possible in the game.

As far as the process goes, over the years I've found that it's better to create the outside or shell of the building before starting the inside. I don't always follow that rule, but it sometimes prevents do-overs that become necessary later on. It's also best to add stairs before windows and wait until the shell is finished before tackling the roof. Here again as much as possible I try to make the roof look like the floor plan or inspiration pic I'm using.

As far as interior decorating, I have to be in the right mood because sometimes I can lose patience for it. I could use some interior decorating advice myself! On occasion I have also used inspiration pics from Houzz or another site online but that doesn't always work because IRL objects are unlimited and they're not in the game. I really don't tend to use a lot of CFE in my buildings or MOO in my decorating; although I do use both sometimes I try to use them judiciously because for me above all the lot has to be playable. I enjoy building but I also actually play the game.

Just a few thoughts on how I go about it. I do wish we had that search feature in Build/Buy! I've been trying to use Collection Files more often lately but still need to create some basic ones for things I tend to use a lot. It can be very frustrating when you know what you want to use but can't find the silly thing! :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited May 2017
    I find myself more and more just choosing a premade house and making it over. Not just decorating but tearing down, knocking out walls, and adding rooms. Doesn't always save time but I like those houses I've made over alot more than ones I made from scratch.

But I also find if I use clutter the house has a more lived in appearance. Not a lot of clutter just a little especially in the kitchen. I sometimes add a shelf on one wall and put decorative things on it. I always add that paper towel and soap clutter and the rooster kitchen utensil holder. Don't forget about rugs either.

I try to decorate in the sim's favorite color remembering to add patterns as well as solids: plaids and flowery patterns can sometimes work great together. I try to use comfortable furniture - squishy and plump for couches and chairs. Wood always looks homey so wood floors and bookcases and tables. I've seen some really elegant rooms with metal furnishings in people's pics so if that's more your style, it can be beautiful!

Bring the outdoors in. Don't forget plants and flowers - we have a ton of it!

Lastly, don't forget to watch routing in your marvelous new home, like the simmer above said. You want it to be functional. But don't be afraid to play around and see what works. I've been surprised before by a layout that I thought the sim wouldn't like only to find out it worked really well. Experiment!

Hope this helped! Just look at the pics people have posted and try something you like. :)

Oh, I almost forgot - if you have access to any home magazines, it can be fun to copy some of those houses and/or rooms!

Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Elizabeth94803Elizabeth94803 Posts: 33 Member
    I am an awful builder! I'm not very stylish. I am more of a checklist builder. I can garuntee that my homes and rooms will have everything that your sim needs to have all their needs fulfilled to the max.
  • LilyValley807LilyValley807 Posts: 35 Member
    Look at floor plans or images of them, it's not my thing but if one wants to recreate say, a fictional home, then it's a great way to get the gears in your head going. For me, I just evaluate the space I have and try to make something neat. Matching furniture (fabrics and/or woods, among other materials) ties everything together and don't be afraid to use Create a Style for anything you need! If you don't mind having an extra unused floor or otherwise find a way to make it work, then windows on the roof are a good flair for any house if it's affordable.

If you're looking to create a good environment or atmosphere then you will need to think about a lot of decorations or activity objects. Sometimes it's more of "what would your sims like" rather than "what looks the nicest". If you're really stumped make some sketches or some sort of way to remember a theme, challenge or idea.
    edited May 2017
    Could you share your process of building? ...
    I reread your original post and realized I did not address this question at all.

First off I decide if I am building this lot for a particular sim?

If I'm not building for a particular sim is it for a contest? If so then not only do I follow the requirements for the contest but also add a bit more clutter and make it more appealing for a human. If it's not for a contest but just something I want to build with no particular sims in mind then I just build as I feel inspired. First I decide which town this style house would look good in and then which lot.

I like to use lots that give a beautiful vista moodlet, if possible. There are certain restrictions though for your sim to receive that moodlet for a room in the house. First off the room must have a window. Then if the room is on the bottom floor of a house with no foundation the window must not look onto a yard surrounded by a fence (I guess the theory is the fence is blocking the view).

But most often I build for a particular sim or household for a particular town/game. If so, then the next question is how much money? Will I start with the minimal amount and add on as they accumulate more money or have they gotten more money and are ready to move into a new house?

If I'm starting from scratch I will often start off with a 6X8 - 6X10 building on a slab (no foundation). When my sim gets more money and acquires a family this starter building will become the detached garage when they build a bigger house. So this starter "house" is usually positioned in the front of the lot to one side. I usually furnish this studio apartment with high quality furnishings that will eventually be moved to the big house when it is built. When the household becomes larger and acquires more money I will expand the garage and maybe add a second floor apartment or workout room or art studio or whatever. Other times I will add a basement to the garage as a wine cellar.

If I'm building the house in stages as they get more and more money I almost always determine how many floors the eventual house will have and make room for the stairs. If there will be a basement I always add it along with the first floor because it is hard to add a basement to an already built house that is on a foundation.

If I plan on having a second floor later I will sometimes add the floor and the stairs but just not create any rooms up there until later. Depends on how much money I have to spend. I will often create one or two bedrooms on the first floor and then later when the second floor is created change those downstairs bedrooms into music rooms or library/studies. If I'm playing a generational game then I will often leave one bedroom down stairs for the elderly couple so they don't have to climb the stairs (with the way EA has them shuffle along it takes so long for them to get upstairs).

I like to build and find so many of the EA built house have wasted space and/or money so have remodeled many, if not all, the residential lots in various towns.

Here is an example of a remodel I made of the Sekemoto house in Sunset Valley:

Before
    Screenshot-401_zpsc80c90ec.jpg
    Screenshot-402_zpsfff2168d.jpg
    Screenshot-403_zps811250c8.jpg
    Problems: Cramped living space, disjointed roof line, inharmonious roof color, cheap furnishings and appliances, must go outside to get to bedroom and study.

After
    Screenshot-388_zpsd2142d82.jpg
    Screenshot-389_zpsb3d7349e.jpg
    By eliminating the second floor and replacing and eliminating much of the expensive landscaping I was able to fix the problems so the house cost the same or less. The only downside is that the desk is in the main living space and the study is gone so can not be converted into another bedroom later.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I recommend the Sims Supply videos on YouTube. I have learned how to build by watching his vids. He will be building something and he'll do something real fast and I'll be like how did he DO that? And it's some real cool trick that makes building or decorating easier. Like dragging and dropping a whole set of patterns on to another item from the CAS wheel!
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited May 2017
    @cwaddell @HappySimmer3 @jaletu2005 @Elizabeth94803 @LilyValley807 @ZeeGee

Great ideas everyone! Thank you very much!!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

@cwaddell, really like the pics! great job!

Would love to hear more ideas / tips, if anyone has, even if it sounds basic.
    Actually I also have some more specific questions:
    * How do you decide which lot size to choose? It can be very frustrating to choose a lot and then find out it's to big and all the efforts made are for nothing. I feel like I lack the sense to know which lot would fit before I start to actually build...
    * How to use floor plans? How to know how to match the sizes to game? (I mean real house plans for example displayed in meters / centimeters / inches but I can't figure out how to copy that to the game when I don't have the same kind of measurment)
    * Is there a Go-to kind of building you use for commercial lots? For example- I saw this shopping center someone downloded which shaped like the letter L - so simple but looks good! So I wondered if there are more ideas like that. So there is some basic structure to begin with before building...
    * Regarding the do-over houses - I do that too, but sometimes I discover that the house I thought would be good with just some changes, happens to be something that requires more work, and would eventually will not be that suitable... the problem is I get this only after a lot of effort has been made already, so that leaves me with something that is only half done and I will not use... So again, how to avoid this? how can I better estimate in the first place?
    Post edited by Avatarit on

@cwaddell, really like the pics! great job!
    * How to use floor plans? How to know how to match the sizes to game? (I mean real house plans for example displayed in meters / centimeters / inches but I can't figure out how to copy that to the game when I don't have the same kind of measurment)...
    Thank you.

I use 1 square to be 2.5 feet, not sure what that is in the metric system. But in building for sims I use more space to avoid collisions. So I usually make stairs and hallways at least 2 spaces wide, for example.
    I recently discovered two cool mods, so I will answer myself, and perhaps it will be useful to others too:
    modthesims.info/d/502976
    Bluepint maker, that allows to generate a blueprint from every room.
    modthesims.info/d/471164
    Add Any Lot Size, which can - add ant lot size to a world...
    I think I'm going to use the game blueprints mode more, I found out it is really helpful.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    It's a good thing to hold Alt while rotating objects with the mouse. It allows completely free rotation, so you can build houses more realistically. Just beware of possible pathfinding issues then. I use that technique if the house's furniture is looking too "90° angle-ish", or if I just want it to look less perfect.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    Always have a testing sim try to use everything you place or walk everywhere to be sure there are no routing issues. I do this as I go so I find issues as I go and I play test after finishing the build. I make sure I use horses, cats and dogs as testing Sims too where appropriate. It was while doing this that I first discovered a horse gets a panicked moodlet when it sees a scarecrow.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    It's a good thing to hold Alt while rotating objects with the mouse. It allows completely free rotation, so you can build houses more realistically. Just beware of possible pathfinding issues then. I use that technique if the house's furniture is looking too "90° angle-ish", or if I just want it to look less perfect.

I especially like to use that tip when placing trees, shrubs and rocks/boulders. That way it looks more "natural" than having the plants face the same 4 directions all the time. That's a good tip!
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    I don't remember who told me this but start off with a square house (Say 20 x 30) and then add to it be it a garage or a wrap around porch, decking or an extensive bedroom, knock out walls if you need to :) i'm very much still learning but this was my first ever upload to sims 3: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4411405 and this is one of my more recent houses: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8940458
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited June 2017
    cwaddell wrote: »
    Many simmers build for humans. I do not. I build for sims.

I don't build closets cause sims don't use closets. In general I don't build rooms that sims will not use.

I study the paths that sims follow and try to arrange furniture and appliances so that different paths do not cross ( cuts down on the number of sims' collisions and all the foot tapping and other wasted time sims spend trying to go where they want). The kitchen is the primary room I use this principle on to avoid the crossing of the "food prep path" with the "clean up the dishes path" with the "get leftovers from the frig path" with the "just passing through to get outside path".

I don't decorate or add "clutter" if it does not have an environmental value. If the environmental value for a room reaches a certain number sims in that room get a positive moodlet - decorated (can't remember the value). If the room has a higher number they get a nicely decorated moodlet. And higher yet sims will get the beautifully decorated moodlet, worth 40 points. Getting positive moodlets helps a sim accumulate happiness reward points. I try to have the bedrooms generate the beautifully decorated moodlet because sims spend so much time sleeping. I also like to build great rooms or combo kitchen/dining rooms because there are so many things there to add to the environmental value.

I like to use the furniture and appliances that will generate the highest levels of comfort, hygiene, energy, etc for my sims that they can afford even if it does not look as good as a cheaper model.

In general I try to build what will fit into the town or the neighborhood.

Auto-roof almost always creates plum looking roofs.

@cwaddell
    Your building priorities match mine almost point for point.

OP I guess if I had one piece of general advice?
    It would be to be mindful of your spacing as early in the process as possible.

Objects like the front door, the kitchen table, the sofa/ television, the fireplace, the pool, and of course stairwells and windows are the types of objects that you should plan for as early in the process as possible.
    Before commiting your walls, lay out a floorplan and do the measurements as opposed to building the shell first and trying to make everything fit.

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2017
    Inspiration - you can find plans for human houses on the net, or it could be a flm set, a place seen through a car window or passed on a walk. Images from the net or books.

What is the requirement - including the size and personalities in your sim family. Will it be the forever house or will the family need something bigger. You might want to make the place extendable. You will also need to consider contemporary or old fashioned. Plain and simple or embellished in a Victorian Gothic style. I find plain and simple hardest because I can't resist adding more than necessary.

Planning - Play around until you get the basic shape you are happy with. Consider using cheats to help you get the effect you want. Think about routing. I find u shaped kitchens a bit of a no no. The sims get confused with this. Does the plan follow a logical sequence - is the dining room close to the kitchen for example. Consider windows and door placement, porches etc. I love using big picture windows so I usually have at least one internal wall large enough to take a wall television. Consider stair placement.

Roof - if you move away from your basic box shape or use cheats you will have to manually roof the building. Choose a roof pattern which compliments the external walls.

Landscaping. I always go OTT because I garden in real life and I like loads of plants. Like decorating less is more. I .love pools and fountains so I incorporate these into most of my builds, including inside the building.

Decorating. Pick a colour scheme and stick to it. This is hard for me and I have made some horrible messes. Obvious clashes would be teenage bedrooms because it is natural for them to experiment with colour. Bedrooms and nurseries should be restful as they are in real life although it is fun to go for a dark red room to inspire passion in your sims. Paintings and knick knacks are the details on a build. Fun to experiment with but moderation is the key. In almost every build I put certain pieces. The geisha from the store set, the Mermaid from Supernatural, and the hula dancer lamp from the store. I also use a lot of plants. I also forgot feature walls, great for breaking up spaces and addinginterest.

Furnishings. Love CASt for this. Pick furniture which suits. If you have different generations of sims they are going to like different styles so odd pieces that don't fit are fine. Pick floor coverings and curtains which don't clash with the walls. Too many patterns in a small space is overwhelming. Too much furniture in odd places will also upset the routing. Once I finish a build I use a sim to find all these areas and try and eliminate them. A lot of people like to play match match with the furnishings. This is a very personal choice but if you are not sure if things go together it can be very effective at making it all work.

I do hope some if this helps. There are lots of great builders here and it is well worth checking out any tutorials or guides they produce. YT has lots of good builders too. The main thing is to have fun :) all that matters is you and your sims are happy. What the rest of us think isn't relevant and shouldn't stop you having fun.

Edited for auto text which has now been escorted off the premises.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

Here is a couple of pictures of my in-laws house that I recreated in my game... :)

When looking at the front of the house like this, it looks like just a regular rectangular house.
    Front yard:
    LgVhd4ll.jpg

Then we see the back of the house and noticed that there are 2 extra rooms added on to the back of it.
    Back yard:
    0vah6N5l.jpg

This one is the top view of the inside of the house... :)
    aILYrgwl.jpg

So when I started out recreating this house, I started with the foundation for the master bedroom/walk-in closet/master bathroom and worked my way around to the big living room on the other side of the house. I would place what furniture and other things down along the outside walls so that I know where to place the inside walls and doors at. Once I was happy with one room, then I would add a little bit more foundation and work on another room until I was happy with that one and I would continue to place the foundation and so forth until the whole house is done and I'm happy with it.

My mother-in-law saw this house and was really impress with it by saying that it really does look like her house inside and out... :smiley:
    When decorating I add paintings and other decor with high environment values to allow my Sims to get the beautifully decorated moodlet. This is specially important for rooms they spend more time in. Often they don't look asthetically pleasing if I'm in a hurry. As time goes on I may swap them for things that look better so long as the beautifully decorated moodlet remains. This is important to me because I like my Sims to get the lifetime rewards.
    Great ideas everyone!!! Thank you so much!!!
    @Bettyboop55 It helps indeed.
    @lisasc360 How fun is it that the relatives tell you it's really similar?:) When I tried to recreate my home (that is probably the first thing I did when the game was new to me) - my relatives didn't think it's so similar :lol: but since than I learned a lot of new stuff so I might try this project again some day. :smile:
    Kylieb191 wrote: »
    I don't remember who told me this but start off with a square house (Say 20 x 30) and then add to it be it a garage or a wrap around porch, decking or an extensive bedroom, knock out walls if you need to :) i'm very much still learning but this was my first ever upload to sims 3: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4411405 and this is one of my more recent houses: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8940458

Great improvement, the second house look really nice!!! :smiley:
    edited June 2017
    There used to be a great resource but I've just found it and it's been pretty much rendered useless by the move to the new forum. It was still usable but now the pictures don't seem to be there either.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/487894/zoo-u-complete-course-1-building-a-farm-post-1-for-links-to-lessons

This one on building tombs seems to be still working. Not sure if you're interested in building tombs though. It shows you how to set up the various tomb items and setting the triggers to make them work.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/569572/zoo-u-course-building-tombs-guest-lecturer-lissykin-viewall-lessons-now-see-post-1/p4
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2017
    I build my sim structure on graph paper first. It really helps me. One square on my graph paper is equal to one tile in game.

When looking at floor plans on the net, I divide the dimensions in half. So, if a room is 17 by 12, then it'll be 8 by 6 on my graph paper and in game.

I can plan out the placement of furniture and the layout of any landscaping on my graph paper as well.

I like to add diagonal walls and sections that stick out like gabled windows.

I like to mix media on the home's exterior, so a brick foundation and fireplace with a stucco or siding or both add a nice contrast.

Try to have a few different colors, but not too many (maybe three). Use them throughout the house. I use that same rule for plants. Try not to have too many different ones, but you want a little variety.

A house on a foundation always seems more interesting than one flat on the ground and you can then hide some heather and other plants in the foundation when decorating, so you can get your plants closer to the house.

I love to use MOO to adjust things a little closer to the walls, like hampers. Just be careful to always turn off that cheat as soon as you use it for what you want AND test to make sure sims can use whatever you adjusted.

Add terrain paint like dirt on the light setting around the edges of your house, under trees and shrubs, and anywhere sims walk a lot. It's possible to add a light application of one terrain paint over another, so experiment.

I love to use hip roofs as my main roof and add gable roofs over sections that stick out. Half gables also give interesting looks.

Here's a somewhat complicated roof line:
    roof_up_original.jpg
    And the same roof from the other side:
    l0wd_original.jpg
    Obviously, I used a lot of different roof types, including flat and diagonal. The main stay on this one was the half gable. And you see how I like to mix media on the house exterior as well.

I love houseplans.com and others like that. That home in the pics was based off a floor plan. I did have to adjust it slightly for sims. I used a spiral stairs and realigned the garage and mud room slightly, but it's basically the way the floor plan was.

Look through threads here in the creative corner and see what other's did and mimic what you like. :)

Don't be afraid to mix windows and sets, just try to keep them to same general style... modern or old-fashioned, but not usually a mix of the two.

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Avatarit,
    @lisasc360 How fun is it that the relatives tell you it's really similar?:) When I tried to recreate my home (that is probably the first thing I did when the game was new to me) - my relatives didn't think it's so similar :lol: but since than I learned a lot of new stuff so I might try this project again some day. :smile:
    It is a good feeling when you get a compliment like that... :) I have even recreated my childhood home which is a split foyer house but it took me several tries as I kept trying to use the foundation tool for the foyer. Then I decided to use the foundation tool a few squares over from where the house would be by placing a 1x1 square and then using the wall tool to make the walls and then leveling the walls down to the same level as the foundation and then working on the house from that point on... :)

So when I finally got this house done and had taken pictures of it, I sent them to my mom's email so that she can see the house and she too was very impress on the house. She was amazed by what one could do with this game... :)

Front yard with bushes.. :) Now I will say that when building a house like this where you have to level a wall down and then adding another wall on top of the first one and then removing part of the bottom wall so that you can add the garage doors/house doors will distort the type of siding that I have used on the house but I didn't care too much about the flat paint since the house itself has siding on it. So to hide the distorted areas around the garage doors, I had placed the decorative gas pumps on either side of the door since my dad had some of the old gas pumps like that at his house as he was into the classic cars.
    et5Wowll.jpg

Before adding bushes.. :)
    YUg4xV9l.jpg

Backyard. I had even placed a section of vine on one side of the door and the covered seating on the other side to hide the distortion... :)
    GubLLcxl.jpg

Downstairs of the house... :)
    l30ZmhQl.jpg

Upstairs of the house... :)
    4PNRiqSl.jpg

At top of the stairs... :)
    ReU9PBUl.jpg

Then I recreated my grandparents house trailer that they had lived in until my granddad died. Building a trailer is pretty easy but I still did a room at a time starting with the front bedroom. Yes, this trailer had a front bedroom, 1 smaller bedroom behind the kitchen and 1 master bedroom at the very end of the trailer... :)

Front yard. These pictures is from the first build of this trailer before my hard drive had died on me.
    e4bxneJl.jpg

Overview of the trailer.
    7f5UzeBl.jpg

Front end of the trailer.
    Th9f0yFl.jpg

Back end of the trailer.
    BqpQoLgl.jpg

This picture and the next one is the re-build of it from the inside of it. The dining area from the living room view.
    BDHs9Gxl.jpg

Now on the first build of this trailer, I just had regular front windows but in this one, I placed in the bay window... :)
    exbhPRBl.jpg

Sorry for the picture spam but I just wanted to show some of my builds of my family homes... :)
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member

Great improvement, the second house look really nice!!! :smiley:

Thank you ^_^ i'm very proud of it and hey if I can do this, so can you it just takes practice and time....and a lot of mumbling under your breath OR shouting at the screen ;) lol
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    @ciane Thanks for the great tips!
    (and thanks everyone who replied!)
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Sorry for the picture spam but I just wanted to show some of my builds of my family homes... :)

That's o.k., I enjoy seeing pictures :smile:
    It's so nice to see sims-house with a realistic feeling :smile:
    By the way you reminded me that the second house ever that I tried to build in the sims (after my home) was my gradfather's home. His house was like second home to us, until he passed away a few years ago... So naturally I was very excited to recreate it and potentially "feel" the house again. But since I was a rookie at the time it didn't came out quite as expected. That should be my second project with all the patterns, objects, and the tools I learned from then.
    ....and a lot of mumbling under your breath OR shouting at the screen ;) lol
    :smile::wink: