Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @FoundMarbles - gorgeous build sweetie!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 69 - Mr Boddy's Mansion
    FORUM ID: withlovejulien
    ORIGIN ID: withlovejulien
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Murder Manor Clue Mansion
    LOT COST: 4000
    BUILD COST: 294,237
    TOTAL COST: 298,237
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow here
    ENTRY DETAILS:

So much death! This manor is built for murder. It includes nine different ways to kill your Sims (fire, electrocution, drowning, overheating, food poisoning, exertion, cowplant, anger, playfulness).

How to use the rooms:

Lounge--death by fire or hysteria: Fireplace obviously! Playfulness: eat silly gummi pancakes, drink essence of playfulness, read comedy book, watch comedy channel, tell jokes, make silly faces, take bubble bath or play in the tub, view playful sculpture, view playful artwork and trophies (the emotional auras have all been enabled), boost playfulness with happiness from wind chimes, fire, artwork/decorations, comfort, and happiness potion. Keep the hysteria going for a decent amount of time (hours, in fact) so watch the length of time the mood boosts last. This is much harder to accomplish later in the game as the Sims become very sad at deaths in the household.

Dining room--death by fire or pufferfish nigiri: Fire--fireplace. Pufferfish nigiri: each of the seating areas has a serving of poorly made pufferfish nigiri.

Kitchen--death by electrocution, fire, or pufferfish nigiri: Dishwashers may break needing to be repaired. If the sim is singed or dazed from shock, they are more likely to die from electrocution if they repair something while it is in effect so I wait until two or more appliances are broken. Fire from cooking on a low quality stove. Grab a serving from the poor quality pufferfish nigiri.

Library--death by fire: Fireplace. Lighting fireworks indoors.

Study--death by fire, cardiac explosion: Fire from the fireplace and closely placed rug. Cardiac explosion from anger leading to being enraged. Boost anger by eating flaming spaghetti, looking at angry artwork (the emotional auras have all been enabled), drinking essence of anger, and avoiding fun activities in the room such as chess, video games, and happy fire. This is difficult! I had to remove as much high quality décor as possible so the Sim wouldn't have a happiness boost from well decorated. Having unfilled needs also helps. Sims with the hot-headed trait get a +1 boost to anger and this was necessary to cause death due to being enraged. I was able to get a non-hot-headed Sim enraged but it didn't last long enough to cause death. The angry boost from food is very short-lived. The ghost of Mr. Boddy is useful here as well because he can perform mean socials to boost anger.

Conservatory--death by drowning, cowplant: Drowning--Keep the Sim swimming in the pool until exhausted. It is more likely to work if the Sim isn't too tired before getting them to swim. It's easier to keep them from getting out of the pool because the option to swim can disappear when they are very uncomfortable. You may opt to place a fence around the pool be there can be no gate. Cowplant--Have the Sim eat the cake twice. This will probably have to wait until the Sim is in the conservatory a second time.

Ballroom--death by fire, exertion (for elder sims), overheating: Fire--fireplace with closely placed rug. Exertion for elders: workout and workout when tired. Overheating--relax in the sauna at least three times. To make this less guaranteed add in activities between relaxing.

Billiard room--death by fire, electrocution: Fire--fireplace and fire pit with closely placed rug. Electrocution--wait for many of the radios to be broken and try to repair them (it took forever for me to have a Sim die from electrocution so I didn't have it happen while playing but kept going just to make sure it could happen and it did--when repairing the 8th radio I think and making sure the handiness skill was still at 1 which involved a cheat at that point).

Playing tips:
    * I like having Mr. Boddy as a ghost in the household. He can put out fires after they have served their purpose (with all of the doors locked, they can't be unlocked until the fire is out--I had Sims die of starvation waiting for the fire to extinguish itself and the fire may destroy the means of death in other rooms when allowed to spread without check. A ghostly Mr. Boddy can still go through locked doors and extinguish fires. He may, however, also extinguish the Sim on fire so he needs to be watched! :smile: ).
    * Lock the doors from the kitchen to the dining room, from the conservatory to the outdoors, from the kitchen to the outdoors, and the front door.
    * Since pufferfish nigiri is such an effective method of death, if the Sim survives, I move onto using other methods of death in those rooms.
    * The lot traits of gremlins, cursed, and quake zone mean adverse events happen more frequently. In order to extend play, remove them! Cursed lot trait means fires happen more frequently. Gremlins and quake zone allow things to break more frequently which may cause electrocution if electronic objects are repaired with low handiness skill.
    * Place the extra servings of silly gummi pancakes, flaming spaghetti, and pufferfish nigiri in the fridge to extend the time before they spoil (though the sims still eat them for a while when they are spoiled).
    * A ghostly Mr. Boddy can be the cowplant keeper (may be necessary if the doors are locked) or have one of the other Sims feed the cowplant between turns. If the doors are locked and fire is spreading, the cowplant can die while waiting for the fire to burn out.

SIM: Will edit to add Sims once slideshow is complete (Gallery link)
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

47vl1Hw.png?1

SK9Cy5i.png
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@withlovejulien Brilliant, the cow plant! I really wish I'd thought of that one! Beautiful Mansion as well. Good Stuff! :smiley:
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited May 2017

@withlovejulien Me thinks you win already. I am amazed you could do all that on budget, amazing! I wish I'd thought of the cow plant! Darn! Good move.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @FoundMarbles I agree with you. @withlovejulien is already a winner. I've got a cowplant on mine but my mansion isn't as lavish, I think.

@popettypop2012 BUT, we get to see all of @withlovejulien 's great ideas to up our game in the next challenge. In any case, I thought my last build was at the bottom with zero chance to place! I won starting out first place in that challenge and am still amazed. We don't know what we don't know until it happens. So Good Luck! Just participating makes us all winners. Think of all the ones that never even attempt the challenges. I get excited about the new challenges as soon as they are announced. I just love doing them! :smiley:
    @popettypop2012 @FoundMarbles Good advice, @FoundMarbles! Don't count your chickens before they're hatched! :) I can see many reasons I might get marked down. The methods of death definitely outweighed some design considerations in certain rooms. ;) And it's all about what the judges like and expect to see!

I really don't know why I rarely have budget issues with these builds. Having more packs helps!
    @withlovejulien and @FoundMarbles Thanks, I am still going to enter because I spent days on making this house and taking pictures. And of course, my cowplant died before I could share this to the Gallery so I have to plant a new one and wait for days until it grows.
    edited May 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LOT: Cluedo Manor
    GALLERY LINK :https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/817CADF13DF211E78165958BEA11611F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=falseLOT COST:
    BUILD COST:238,018
    TOTAL COST: Not sure how much the lot cost but I will try to find out. It is "UMBRAGE MANOR' in Willow Creek.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/A3QWC
    ENTRY DETAILS:

I chose to do a colonial style manor for Mr Boddy to invite all the people he wanted revenge on. Most of the appliances are the lowest level and they break easily. The pool can be easily fenced and there is a sauna and complaint in addition to the fireplaces, stoves, low level electrical and other ways of sims to die.

I played with all the 6 sims and tried to see who survived. The winner was Miss Peacock, who ended up dying soon after she was declared winner. So there are graves of all of them in front of the house. Mr Boddy ended up alone in the mansion and feeling lonely and miserable.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (YEs, please)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    vG7dUvQ.png
    Post edited by popettypop2012 on
    @withlovejulien and @FoundMarbles Thanks, I am still going to enter because I spent days on making this house and taking pictures. And of course, my cowplant died before I could share this to the Gallery so I have to plant a new one and wait for days until it grows.

AND it IS a Beauty! :smiley:
    Thank you, @FoundMarbles you are so sweet.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Clue: The Axiom Special Edition- brought to you by Sterling Bros. makers of fine "Rated M for mature" family games for over seventy six years.

FORUM ID: JasonAnthonySterling
    ORIGIN ID: TonySterling
    LOT: Not Currently Uploaded
    LOT COST: $33,000
    BUILD COST: $266,930
    TOTAL COST: $299,930
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1279567778825310

ENTRY DETAILS: Okay, I went a little left field and did a modern (almost post modern) penthouse mansion version for the Clue: Axiom Edition. Daniel Axiom is my maniacal, billionaire, political aspiring, real estate developer (any similarity between any Presidential figure in RL and my character are COMPLETELY coincidental ;) ) in San Myshuno. Ever the plum for cash he has licensed his name to the board game. In my version of the game I see him as having faked his death, then he has had his lawyer lure everyone over for a reading of his will with the intention of killing them all instead.

The victims are:

His wife- JoAnna Axiom/ Mrs. White who is filing for divorce and threatening to take half his fortune with her.
    His mistress- Tryme Guise/ Ms. Scarlett who has been blackmailing him by threatening to expose their affair during the divorce.
    His daughter- Julie Axiom/ Mrs. Peacock who produced an illegitimate son and then turned over custody of the child to his political opponent and nemesis Brian Reginald.
    His Rival-Brian Reginald/ Mr. Mustard- political rival on the verge of costing Daniel the election. He also has custody of Daniel's grandson whom he refuses to let Daniel Axiom visit.
    His Ex-Butler- Leo Tyrell/ Professor Plum- Seduced his son while working in the household resulting in marriage between the two which has placed his former servant as his equal. Leo also holds the patent on a new type of robotic programming and refuses to turn it over to Axiom.
    His Son- Zed Axiom/ Mr. Green- He married the staff- that's reason enough! In addition the son went "green" and turned in several of the family petrochemical factories for EPA violations resulting in fines in the tens of millions of Simoleans and potential criminal charges against Daniel.

The above is just for reference sake while you view the pictures- the deaths are at the end of my photo gallery.

I played through the game and the order of death was Col. Mustard by drowning in the Conservatory- Mrs. Peacock by Drowning in the Conservatory- Miss Scarlett by fire in the Kitchen- Mr. Green by fire in the Study- Professor Plum in the Billiard Room by starvation. In the end the place was half burned down, full of broken stuff and littered with giants piles of stinking garbage! This was a lot of fun. I played where the sims got to leave their room at the end of their turn and were sent randomly to another room their next turn. In between they had the run of the estate. I've killed sims before but usually just the Landgrabbes in order to get their money- they had it coming. The entire experience reminded me somewhat of the movie High Rise, except there's no pets yet- ha!

I wanted the overall effect to be fairly dark and heavy as well as very open. The formal rooms on the first floor can flow into one another much like a French castle. I had a candy bowl in the Billiard Room but I'm taking it out before eventual upload- in fact I took it out toward the end of the game. I thought the scare effect would be greater than it was and when the kitchen finally burned down, instead of sims starving to death they just ate candy all day- lol! The bar in the lounge doesn't help either but I'll keep that- ha! I was surprised there were no electrocutions- I had one sim repair three different electrical items while standing in water and not a single shock!. By the way- the kitchen is small. It allows the sink and dishwasher to break down and keep the floor wet- as well sims can't get ANY rest in the room, not even passing out because there is not room for them to complete the maneuver. In this way they will usually go right to bed after getting out of there instead of fulfilling another need like hunger which will kill them. YAY!

SIM: NA
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA

ROOM: NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

2kjbKCH.png

a6ZfXF3.png

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited May 2017
    Everyone's builds look great btw- I almost went traditional, with the board game style lay out. @withlovejulien your billiards table is very good! That was the toughest part of this challenge... well, and the budget-lol! My original plan was for three floors instead of two- ha! No way that was coming in on budget- lol. This was an awesome fun challenge with the game part being the best!
    @JasonAnthonySterling What a great build! Very interesting angles!

@popettypop2012 It looks grand! I love the landscaping!

Thanks, @JasonAnthonySterling! I had to find just the right table so the balls were on top of the table instead of in it! I love the use of the ice cream! I think you're right that the spoiling adds to the atmosphere!
    Thank you, @withlovejulien :)

Love your build @JasonAnthonySterling and your gameplay story:)
  • e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    I will not be able to do this BnS, but I will be able to do the next one.
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @e1990r - I know how you feel, was laid low with a chest infection last week, so not going to get my build finished :( Looking forwards to seeing what everyone else has come up with though :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7A1EC58C3FF011E78BA6958BEA11611F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=glen1974&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:10000
    BUILD COST:284934
    TOTAL COST: 294934
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/pLW4o
    ENTRY DETAILS: Monroe Manor is based on an English stately home which I thought would be the classic Cluedo/Clue style. I have focused on the build aspect only and have not killed any Sims in the making! I tried to keep the furnishings and decor sympathetic to the house style. Lots of chandeliers and wood panelling is used throughout. The billiard table is made with extensive use of MOO and is for decoration purposes only. Please note the typo on the gallery- there are 6 bathrooms not 5!

SIM: n/a
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: n/a
    ENTRY DETAILS: n/a

ROOM: n/a
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: n/a
    ENTRY DETAILS: n/a

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: ixEqcM8.pngrtT8cUZ.png

@glen1974 Lovely! I really liked your choice of brick for the exterior and the dormers look amazing!! :)
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

Thank you @withlovejulien much appreciated.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Morning all, just a quick reminder that the #BnS69 closes this evening!! You still have time to sneak your entry in though. Amazed with all that has been created so far :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2017
    Challenge #BnS69 is now officially closed!! Good luck everyone
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2017
    #BnS70 - EcoExistence

You arrive at Oakenstead in Willow Creek, the lot is completely empty and you check your phone to ensure you are indeed at the right place, but there is no signal. The place feels so calm and peaceful, you go and take a seat on the lush green grass, you lie back and watch the clouds floating across the sky.

The sound of a cough startles you awake, and you see a man with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, with a definite five o’clock shadow across his jaw. He is wearing cargo pants and a vest top stood above you.

“I see the magic of this place has calmed you also. It has such an amazing energy here, don’t you think?” His voice is lilting and comforting.

“Yes, it is very calming here isn’t it, almost as if a spell has been cast on the place.”

“Indeed, the house that was here felt, I don’t know, off, so when I purchased the land I just demolished the place.”

It’s only when he says this that you realise that it’s your client, Matthew Glenn!

“Wow, so you just tore the old place down? That’s brave!”

“Yes, feel I want to live in a more simple time, when we lived with the land instead of against it. You might have noticed that there’s no cell reception, I’ve had a blocker installed. Oh and there’s no electricity coming either.”

“That’s, um…” Struggling to come up with a word other than crazy, you say “Brave” again. Feeling a bit of a dolt, you ask.

“So, what do you need from me?”

“Well, I have no clue how to landscape and I really don’t want this place to become an eyesore, Willow Creek is such a beautiful area. I was hoping you’d be able to create me a campsite type space. I had $280,938 which bought me the lot and the old house, then I had to spend $10,000 on demolition costs, which leaves me with $10,000 left to spend on getting this place started. I hope to become pretty self-sufficient, and get enough cash together to build myself a proper home in a while. Who knows, you might be hearing from me again!

You really hope that Matthew makes a go of his homestead style lifestyle, it would be lovely to come back and help him build his home.

Brief:
    A campsite style space, including
    ⤏ Cheapest tent, outdoor shower and toilet
    ⤏ A campfire and some chairs.
    ⤏Also one indoor and one outdoor trash can.
    ⤏ Other allowed items are Chess table, Guitar, Cooler, Easel, Bonsai Tree, Yoga Mat, Work Bench, Meditation Stool, and/or Punching (Boxing) Bag, any lighting that is candle powered.
    ⤏ NO walls, fences, roofing.
    ⤏ You may use any remaining funds to landscape your lot.
    ⤏ $10,000 budget

Note: This challenge works best with the Outdoor Retreat pack, but is still doable without it, substitute the tent with the cheapest bed, and the campfire with the cheapest grill.

This challenge has been inspired the amazing @euphorialqueen and her inspired #EcoExistence gameplay challenge. You can find out more here. You can add in the #EcoExistence tag for your builds and your Sims.

Sim Challenge: For the Sim challenge, please create Matthew, with any traits and aspiration you wish, and play through stage one of EQ’s gameplay challenge. You cannot travel to any other region or area in Willow Creek. Remember stage one ends when you reach $50,000 in reserve and have one skill at level 10. There is no electricity, so no computers, no phones, no stereos. We would love to see what he gets up to in your games!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 70 - EcoExistance
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS70 #EcoExistence

The deadline for this challenge is 7th June 2017
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    It is an honor to have my gameplay challenge featured here. Thank you @BuildnShare <3
    Have fun builders!
    We were honoured that you let us @EuphorialQueen :wink:

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top