Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cancelled.

NewEra2009NewEra2009 Posts: 396 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Contest cancelled.
Post edited by NewEra2009 on

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    NewEra2009 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, recently I came into ownership of a copy of the sims 3 pets that is unused and can be redeemed thru origin for a free digital copy.

I have decided that I will give the pack away to one lucky person who gifts me an item off my sims 3 wish list :)

You can find my wish list below and once all the low-cost items are cleared I will PM one lucky member the cd key :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NewEra2009

good luck to all who gift :)

Wow. So you want people to clear out all your 75sp WL items, then you will choose one winner for the cd key for Pets? Now your title of the thread makes sense :s

When I read your post, I thought maybe you were doing a contest for the Pet cd key (Your first sentence). Then your second and third sentence just blew me away :D

Good luck to you :)
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    @charlotteprice - Yeah. It sounded like a nice person, but obviously a troll that will evolve into, if not already, a greedy, entitled, powermonger. It is sad, and flagged.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited May 2017
    <3 Hi guys. <3 I think the op was just worded badly. (I myself am notorious for that too.) I believe NewEra2009 has run a contest kinda like this a few years before and the winners got their prizes. Shrug, a contest with an entry fee? I don't think it necessarily trolling.
    Post edited by scillakees on
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    If it looks and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.
    Either very poor wording or a scam to solicit gifts.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    @NewEra2009 Finally got enough points for an entrance fee. It'll take me a few days to find someone who doesn't have the pets ep, hope that's ok with you.

Happy Day
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2017
    @scillakees I didn't say he was trolling! You know me, I check people out before posting/gifting ;) He did do a great contest a while back, all you had to do was send a gift worth 25-100 sp's and you were entered.He had 19 people participate, the difference is, this is not a contest. There are over 60 items mostly at 75 sp's on his WL. That would take some time to gift all those due to the fact the ads have not been working good for quite some time. At the time he posted, I checked his WL and there were mostly 75 sp's there.

Maybe I misunderstood him? Maybe he did word it wrong? Sure, he could have !

He did say goodbye in a thread he made, I can relate to going thru hard times. He hasn't been here since, probably can't access a computer since he left his for his brother, and maybe he forgot about this thread and doesn't check when he visits his brother?

And yes, it did blow me away when reading his post, never seen one like that before! I do hope he comes back and checks in, maybe he can explain it better on what he meant to say !

*wonders what is wrong with the emoji's*
    edited May 2017
    @charlotteprice you know I adore you. I don't think you would ever say anything bad about anyone. Your questions were all valid. The post below yours did however say they had flagged the op as a troll.

IF I remember correctly the last contest also started out disorganized and they made adjustments as they went along. I don't have access to my computer for a few more days so I can't easily look up their history right now. GIven they have followed through with their commitments before I see no reason to think they wouldn't this time too. And definitely no justification for flagging their post.
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2017
    scillakees wrote: »
    @charlotteprice you know I adore you. I don't think you would ever say anything bad about anyone. Your questions were all valid. The post below yours did however say they had flagged the op as a troll.

IF I remember correctly the last contest also started out disorganized and they made adjustments as they went along. I don't have access to my computer for a few more days so I can't easily look up their history right now. GIven they have followed through with their commitments before I see no reason to think they wouldn't this time too. And definitely no justification for flagging their post.

Well, I reported the member.
    When He/She in two paragraphs state, twice, He/She will gift A pack randomly, when ALL the said member's wishlist is filled... ...Uhmm, yeah. That is like me telling you I will buy a car to any random person that will build my house an inventory it. -Only small token gifts, but I would in the end sit there with a house and a filled up refrigerator... ...for free...
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    I'd like to think as well that the op has simply phrased this poorly, but I do have to agree with @Mazakeen that it kind of feels like building a house only to get a car in return. I mean, even just assuming that the average price for every individual item is 50 sp (and I suspect it's higher), that's still 66 items which would in total would cost 3300 sp. :cold_sweat:

And if this is supposed to be a contest it's very poorly made. Do you have a higher chance of winning if you gift multiple prizes? If not, do they expect there to be sixty six people here ready to gift for a shot at a Pets EP? I do hope that if this turns into a contest it will try to mimic the one @scillakees mentioned. I wasn't around the forums back in 2015, but if I were I probably would've entered that draw.
    Don't worry about it ;)