Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Our Babies are in Prison, Will someone please free them!

Our darling little bundles of joy come into this world with so much promise. We yearn to give them all the love we have, to bounce them on our knees, to tenderly bathe them while they gurgle and coo, to feed them baby food with a spoon and wipe the mess from their chins, to change their diapers so tenderly( don't forget the baby powder, diaper rash can be dreadful), to watch over them as they learn to crawl and sit, to enjoy the bonding of taking them for a walk in their stroller in the fresh air( eventually for a walk on a frosty day with snow in the forecast, uh oh!), to cuddle them in our arms and laps while we watch tv with the family until they drift to sleep. Will that day ever come or will our little ones remain imprisoned in their bassinets, just little objects who never get to see the rest of the house, who never get to bounce in a swing set up in the kitchen, who never get to splash in a paddling pool.,who never actually get to meet their toddler siblings.
I say the time has come for liberation, we need to fight for their freedom, it is the only humane thing to do!

Comments

• dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    ^THIS

THEY NEED TO BE SET FREE

But seriously tho this would be the icing on the cake for the parenthood pack
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Haha yes! Agree! I can dream right?
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    LOL, we can all dream, so happy you both agree.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    If anything I just want to be able to move them from one bassinet to another. XP You know how much of a pain it is to move the thing in build mode? Imagine a mom carrying baby and bassinet up and down the stairs every night! C'mon Simgurus! #FreeTheBabies
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
    Thanks, Losaru, I agree
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    SAME! I wish we can walk around with the baby in our arms and pass them to the other people to hold. I would like strollers to place the baby in while you walk around the neighborhood. Maybe even a changing table to change their diapers or baby clothes! If not, there is no point to having the babies! I literally grow them up within an hour of their birth sometimes because I can't do anything with them outside of the bassinet except film a few cute moments with them :/
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nah I'm good on that.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Yes it is a down right disgrace to Mother Hood, Sims should be able to carry the babies all over the place what kind of realism is this. Another thing I hope that we can take toddlers to a restaurants and other places it seem like they are in prison too.
  • NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    They will soon introduce the i-baby 2.0 with integrated teleporter device so it can move between various "prisons", no need to move your baby around, the Futur is here. Get it with the lifetime abo, only 3 times as much as normal Babys, approved by the salescompany itself for best quality if not compared to anything else.
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    SAME! I wish we can walk around with the baby in our arms and pass them to the other people to hold. I would like strollers to place the baby in while you walk around the neighborhood. Maybe even a changing table to change their diapers or baby clothes! If not, there is no point to having the babies! I literally grow them up within an hour of their birth sometimes because I can't do anything with them outside of the bassinet except film a few cute moments with them :/
    I know exactly how you feel, it becomes so pointless after a few feedings!
    candy8 wrote: »
    Yes it is a down right disgrace to Mother Hood, Sims should be able to carry the babies all over the place what kind of realism is this. Another thing I hope that we can take toddlers to a restaurants and other places it seem like they are in prison too.

Yes, our young uns are too confined!
    Nelus wrote: »
    They will soon introduce the i-baby 2.0 with integrated teleporter device so it can move between various "prisons", no need to move your baby around, the Futur is here. Get it with the lifetime abo, only 3 times as much as normal Babys, approved by the salescompany itself for best quality if not compared to anything else.

Sounds like something they actually might consider, lol.
  • TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    I'm not sure on this one.. I still remember finding randomly placed sim babies all over the floor in previous games
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I would love this to happen, i hate that babies are tied to their cribs/bassinets. I wish they could be carried around. I dont see them ever changing it tho now sadly. :neutral:
    I would love this to happen, i hate that babies are tied to their cribs/bassinets. I wish they could be carried around. I dont see them ever changing it tho now sadly. :neutral:

Wait, let's not lose faith, after all, we screamed and wailed over our missing toddlers and look what happened, we got the best toddlers ever so why not the infants too. I say, it is never too late to get something changed. I want to see my sim parents lie down in bed together with an infant in between them. Everyone knows that is what happens in real life!
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Wait, let's not lose faith, after all, we screamed and wailed over our missing toddlers and look what happened, we got the best toddlers ever so why not the infants too. I say, it is never too late to get something changed. I want to see my sim parents lie down in bed together with an infant in between them. Everyone knows that is what happens in real life!
    If it isn't even in the family GP then it is unlikely to happen at all.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah free them so i can "lose" them somewhere in the world.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    They could at least make the crib draggable.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    It would be cute to have them crawling or taking their first steps like they did with freeplay would have been insanely awesome <3.
    But sadly, as I recall the sims team saying some years ago, there was a routing issue with 'crawling' I think. I believe this is why they chose a 'preschooler' toddler model over the 'swaddler' toddler model.

Most likely it's another reason why they aren't attempting to change the baby caging :disappointed: . It's sad but I get it. Hopefully they add more cribs though like the vampires, err but with brighter colors <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    If anything I just want to be able to move them from one bassinet to another. XP You know how much of a pain it is to move the thing in build mode? Imagine a mom carrying baby and bassinet up and down the stairs every night! C'mon Simgurus! #FreeTheBabies

I feel horrible when the parents just walk away from them! Especially if the bassinet winds up on the second floor of a two story house. I agree with moving the bassinet with build mode every time, since it's a royal pain in the butt when build mode lags every time when I open it. If unable to take the babies out of the bassinet, I think we should at least be able to move it freely like we can with other objects.
    IMG-6587.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah free them so i can "lose" them somewhere in the world.
    LOL
    I can't follow this anymore as I have conjunctivitis and it is so bad at this point that I can no longer see the screen. I am just hoping to be better by the time the parent game pack is released. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I feel like my sims have no connections to there babies when they are just objects I mean the least they could do is add an actual crib that would be more realistic considering I've never seen a baby in anything other than that.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Part of me is glad they cant leave the bassinet bc in sims 3 people would leave them crying on the sidewalk beside the grocery store. I guess the parent got fed up.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'd be happy if we could sit with babies, hand them to another Sim, not put them in the bassinet between already queued actions, and/or transfer them to another binding object. More animation options (sitting when it makes sense), a different transition between actions if queued, and not only the bassinet as an object. Right now, I mostly age up quickly to toddler stage.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.