Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Single Father Challenge

Hey Everyone! My name is Katie and I am KatiellaGaming on YouTube.I have created this Single Father Challenge and I'm not sure if there are any challenges out there similar to this one, but I absolutely love the idea of this challenge! I hope you guys enjoy this challenge and definitely let me know how it goes for you!
The rules could possibly change to make this challenge even better!

Single Father Challenge

Objective
To become a single father and for you and the baby to become as successful in life as possible.

Rules In Point

Starting Out
• Your male sim needs to become a single father and you can do this in two ways

1. Meet the women who you think is the love of your life and marry her. You later find out that she is very unhappy and is going to have a baby. She divorces you once the baby is born and you are on your own with the baby. Of course you have been living with her so she kicks you out after cleaning out the bank account

2. Meet a beautiful stranger and spend the night with her. You later find out that you’re going to have a baby and she is giving it to you.

Create a Sim
• In create a sim you can create your sim however you would like but should be a male young adult
• Aspiration can be whatever you want. To start out with you can have a family oriented aspiration or one to help with skills and a job (must complete 2 aspiration Family oriented &Skill/Job)
• Any traits to help with job, aspiration and/or family

Life Span
• Short, Normal or Long

(Father) Young Adult
• Can stay at a friends or a shelter with the baby/child until enough money is made to build a house
• Have a full time job
• Do either Gardening, Painting, Writing etc. to earn extra money
• Work on building skill(s)
• Work on aspirations
• Build relationship with son/daughter

(Father) Young adult/ Adult
• Complete 1 or more skills
• Complete 2 aspiration (Family Oriented & Skill/Job)
• Level 10 in career
• Relationship bar full with Son/Daughter
• Best friends with Son/Daughter

When Son/Daughter is a Baby
• (Father) Can only go to work 3-4 times a week
• (Father) Needs to stay home and take care of baby the other days
• Baby can only go to daycare while father is at work

When Son/Daughter is a Child
• complete aspiration
• max 1 or more skills
• attend school, complete homework and have an A in school

When Son/Daughter is a Teenager/Young Adult
• (Teen) must attend school and complete homework
• (Teen) A in school
• (Teen) can get a Part-Time job to help with money
• (Young Adult) Full-Time job
• Complete aspiration & skill(s)

Money
• Earn more than $25,000

House
• Build/Buy a house worth $20,000 - $30,000 +

Challenge Completed When
• Lives in a livable home worth $20,000 -$30,000 +
• (Father) Completed 2 aspirations (Family Oriented & Skill/Job)
• (Father) Level 10 in a career
• (Baby as a child) Competed aspiration & Skill
• (Baby as child) A in school
• (Baby as teen) A in school
• (Baby as teen) Part-Time job
• (Baby as a young adult) Full- Time job
• Great Father and son/daughter relationship (Best Friends/ full relationship bar)

Challenge Failed If
• Any of the rules were broken
• Father doesn’t max skill and/or complete 2 aspirations
• Father doesn’t reach level 10 in career
• Child (son/daughter)does not max a skill and/or complete an aspiration before becoming a teenager
• Teen/Young adult (son/daughter) does not max a skill and/or complete an aspiration
• Not enough money to live
• Didn’t become successful enough according to the rules

Rules by Katie of KatiellaGaming (YouTube)

Comments

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Sounds very interesting ^^ espcially since you have to involve the mother somehow or you wont get the kid. But I have a question. it says:

• (Father) Completed 2 aspirations (Family Oriented & Skill/Job)

Whats a skill/job aspiration?
  • Katie1351Katie1351 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2015
    > @Julyvee94 said:
    > Sounds very interesting ^^ espcially since you have to involve the mother somehow or you wont get the kid. But I have a question. it says:
    >
    > • (Father) Completed 2 aspirations (Family Oriented & Skill/Job)
    >
    > Whats a skill/job aspiration?

I'm gad you find it interesting and a skill/job aspiration would be an aspiration that involves a job and building a skill for example
    Athletic aspiration (Athletic Career and athletic skill)
    food aspiration (Culinary Career and cooking skill)
    and so on
    hopefully that makes sense and answers your question :)
    Part 1 of this challenge is now up on my YouTube Channel KatiellaGaming
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Don't know if this thread gets checked much, but I love this idea - it gave me a great backstory idea to run with - so I'm putting up my first LP of it this week. I'll def check out your challenge LP Katie :)
  • AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    For my play-through I believe I'll follow all the rules save the skill/job one. That limits the jobs I'll be taking with my sim to about five, as there's no aspiration to go with many of the new ones implemented. ~.~ So might I suggest the Renaissance trait if one is doing a 'side' job?

IE: Traits for my Politician Career would be Charisma, Logic, & Fitness/Wellness.

Just a thought! Super enjoying it so far -- Waiting to see if my offspring is a human or an alien.
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I did something similar but used a male and made him a Scientist to see how many times he would get taken by aliens and have a child and if it would be same alien each time.
  • TheseareourlivesTheseareourlives Posts: 126 Member
    I am enjoying this challenge! I started slightly differently (I created a father and toddler), but otherwise am determined to stick to the rules. Good thing my father Travis has some kind friends to take him in. I picked a random family that my game generated, and wouldn't you know it, they even had a spare bedroom for him! His little daughter Grace was absolutely miserable with him gone to work, though.

You may want to add to the rules that your single father does NOT have to purchase a lot to stay on-he just has to come up with funds to build a house. I've been watching you play your challenge on Katiellagaming and was wondering how you got a house so quick. I rewatched Part 6 and realized you gave him a lot to live on without paying for it. I really love watching you try to handle twins.
  • SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member

Quick question: after divorcing and getting the kids into the Father's custody, do I have to build my own home on an empty lot, or can I just move to a pre-made house or apartment for the next part of the challenge? I am basically working on a Ghostbusters-themed challenge, and I just don't want to bother building a home, rather than to just move to an apartment instead, but I can always move in unfurnished and still get the Father's bank account to zero. Is that against the rules or something? I'm just not very good at building houses in general.
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • MaanedatterMaanedatter Posts: 32 Member
    Really like the idea. Not everyone remember all the single fathers there is.
  • Kiki_the_Simmer_2Kiki_the_Simmer_2 Posts: 2 New Member
    Sounds cool. I might look into doing it after I finish the 100 baby challenge I'm doing rn. I'll definitely check out your channel tho. :smile: :love:
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hi everyone. I was just over at Katie's youtube channel, watching the first video for this. Does she ever stop here to answer your questions? I only ask because I already left her a couple on her channel. Just wanted to know if I should ask them here or there.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited June 2017
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I was just over at Katie's youtube channel, watching the first video for this. Does she ever stop here to answer your questions? I only ask because I already left her a couple on her channel. Just wanted to know if I should ask them here or there.
    @MsPrissy Hmmm interesting question. Per her profile April 12th was her last visit to this forum.
    Edit: Last YouTube under KatiellaGaming was a month ago,
    Maybe she is on hiatus?
    Facebook page also no recent activity.
    Hi Everyone! as you can probably tell I very rarely visit here. To be honest I always forget!, but I usually check my YouTube channel (KatiellaGaming) a lot. If you have any questions about this challenge I strongly suggest that you leave them in the comments on my YouTube videos. I will gladly answer them there. Thank you! :smile:
    Hi Everyone! as you can probably tell I very rarely visit here. To be honest I always forget!, but I usually check my YouTube channel (KatiellaGaming) a lot. If you have any questions about this challenge I strongly suggest that you leave them in the comments on my YouTube videos. I will gladly answer them there. Thank you! :smile: