March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am so sad that the new GP...

13...Next

Comments

• Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
    Agreed! I'm so excited! I almost wish I hadn't heard about the pack so I wouldn't get so impatient about it :/ I feel like I'm depriving all of my families if I play with them, knowing that this content is (hopefully) going to add so much more. Ugh.
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    I'm prepping my rotational game for it and then I'll just be waiting. :-(
  • LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    > @Twoeta_Bird said:
    > Agreed! I'm so excited! I almost wish I hadn't heard about the pack so I wouldn't get so impatient about it :/ I feel like I'm depriving all of my families if I play with them, knowing that this content is (hopefully) going to add so much more. Ugh.

Exactly how I feel as well. Any time I try to play my main family I feel like I'm robbing them of some good character development by not waiting. The release date is not even that far away, but it feels like forever since I'm counting down the days.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    well i recently aged up my rotational save that i've been playing for about a year to teens! so i won't be seeing the pack beginning to end. my legacy family i'm busy with a different storyline so i'll start a new save with a new family so i can test out the features. i'll spend this week prepping
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    Isn't available RIGHT NOW! ;)

I need this in my game and feel like I can't play any of my current saves without it!

No simming for 13 days is going to be torture! :'(

What are you guys doing while waiting for the pack to come out?

I feel youuu
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2017

I need this in my game and feel like I can't play any of my current saves without it!

Well I have different kinds of households - I have most of my families with toddlers in New Crest - so I avoid that town like the plague while I wait for the GP to come out - instead I am focusing play in Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow. I have my vamps and slayer households in FH - and in Windenburg I have my active career folks (all single YA's) and my party goers - so I play just those households right now. I don't want to play any of my families until the family pack so I can initiate changes from the pack to those households.

Yes I am missing my tots - but still having fun with the Vamps and the career houses. It's easy when you 1- have a lot of active households and 2 - like to be well organized so like households are in the same town.

I keep the City as it was so that when I get a teen turn YA they will be able to move to the City to start their lives. Willow Creek I am keeping for folks that turn elder (if I ever let any reach that far) and the desert world is sort of a place my young couples lived once they get married and before they start a family - while they save up to buy or build a house to raise a family in. Needless to say my New Crest is full and Windenburg is full, as is Forgotten Hollow.

I need a new town I think - preferably like Windenburg but more empty lots. Or another NewCrest but by the beach perhaps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2017
    Aw yes I get the OP's feeling totally. But I continue to play anyway cause this family never ceases to surprise me (actually, I rotated back to a family of mine who's second child is the result of alien abduction - that I didn't see coming - and whose current newest addition to the family is twins .. one a white girl & the other a black boy - funny thing is, the dad is technically from an entirely different save so his parents aren't in this one, but his dad was in fact also black, so I find it hilariously funny that what seems like a bug to me still makes sense, even if it's probably a one in a billion genetic shot lol). Anywayyyyyyyy ... yes, I'd much rather watch the twins grow up with the parenthood GP but I just turn ageing off until then, since I'm having too much fun playing them even now :D
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm playing to prep my house for kids.

Hey, with Parenthood, maybe now is a good time to kick out your teens, get your kids taken away by social workers and locked in 1x1 rooms, and get ready to start parenthood from scratch to find out everything about it?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Ugh, I know what you guys mean. I don't want to play any of my Sim families because the new GP seems to add so much new gameplay into the mix, and I love those Sims so much....I'd feel like I'm depriving them (or myself) of all these opportunities if they age up before this comes out. I'll probably just start a new game, or turn aging off on one of my favorites and wait the 11 days (I think? UGH, too far away!) until the pack releases before I get back into my normal saves. I wish they'd release information right before it came out, so we'd only have to wait a few days instead of a few weeks. :(:( lol I'm too impatient.

I started a new save recently with a brother/sister pair that came with the base game in the Library -- Ollie and Cassidy Purdue. I'm playing with aging off so they don't get too old for kids. Ollie just got engaged to his girlfriend Aicha Assoui who he got from the Wishing Well, but I'll probably wait to get them married for a bit; I'm trying to get her finished with the Fresh Chef aspiration and she'll be a stay at home mom doing writing or programming in spare time to make some extra money; Ollie is bringing in really good money selling his paintings plus working in the Painter career. Cassidy lives with Ollie and Aicha, but shortly before the pack releases I'll be moving her to her own small house in Willow Creek, with Ollie and Aicha down the street. My plan is to have Cassidy adopt one or two kids and be more the "buddy" type parent with few rules, while Ollie and Aicha will be good but a bit stricter, then see how the kids turn out when they age up.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well I have different kinds of households - I have most of my families with toddlers in New Crest - so I avoid that town like the plague while I wait for the GP to come out - instead I am focusing play in Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow. I have my vamps and slayer households in FH - and in Windenburg I have my active career folks (all single YA's) and my party goers - so I play just those households right now. I don't want to play any of my families until the family pack so I can initiate changes from the pack to those households.

Yes I am missing my tots - but still having fun with the Vamps and the career houses. It's easy when you 1- have a lot of active households and 2 - like to be well organized so like households are in the same town.

I keep the City as it was so that when I get a teen turn YA they will be able to move to the City to start their lives. Willow Creek I am keeping for folks that turn elder (if I ever let any reach that far) and the desert world is sort of a place my young couples lived once they get married and before they start a family - while they save up to buy or build a house to raise a family in. Needless to say my New Crest is full and Windenburg is full, as is Forgotten Hollow.

I need a new town I think - preferably like Windenburg but more empty lots. Or another NewCrest but by the beach perhaps.

Yeah, I'll probably go back to my klepto vampire once I get the Purdues at a good freeze point; I'd just gotten him into the critic career (planning on art critic) since he finally got Sun Resistance. I've met a couple of female vamps that could be possible romantic targets.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AnironSimsAnironSims Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm so excited for this pack-- a while back, I started a new save with an 8-sim household that's basically an age-regressed blend of some of my favorite Sims (three unmarried adult women, three children, and two toddlers--the kids are spread out between the adults so that a couple of them can be romantically involved later). But I never really played more than a few days in it-- now, though, I will have the perfect reason to go back to it! So to tide me over until the pack comes out, I'm building possible houses for them until I come up with the perfect starter home.

I'm really looking forward to the family activities. I have a group of sims with a strong multi-generational friendship-- an adult, two YAs, and two kids. It'll be nice to give them more stuff to do together!

Plus now I wish I could take one of my other saves back in time to give one single mom-and-daughter an even better childhood experience! Gah...!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Whilst waiting for this GP to come out, I'm having loads of fun playing GTA5 again but online with other players and going on a rampage!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I'll be playing other games like Story of Seasons / Harvest Moon and Shin Megami Tensei IV as well as card games and board games waiting for this pack. I got a ton of TV shows and anime to catch up on as well, so I'm good with waiting.

In sims 4, I have an gay male vampire and human couple that I plan to create a vamp family household with in the future, so I'm holding off on that until this pack comes out. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I was never so torn about a pack. All the others I could mark down as "get now", "get later" or "get never" before they were released already. With this one I'm edgy for every new bit of information. So far the disruptive elements seem to be optional, which is a relief, so I've tentatively begun preparing by going through the households, matching up sims and breeding them. So that's the good thing about the situation: my own indeciveness pushed all those single sims who were ALMOST ready to commit into finally coupling up and all those who MAYBE wanted children now have kids. No more delaying, not more excuses :)
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Me too!! All my households I play have toddlers and teens. I can't play them until I get the pack. Hahaha May 30th hurry up! Hahaha