Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for the placement and the feedback I will certainly take it into account! :)
    Also thanks to everyone else's for the congrats and congrats to everyone else who placed it well deserved! And, to everyone who entered wonderful job! :) it was a lot of fun for me.

@onehummingbird your house was great! I know how hard it is to be a judge and I did not envy the build and share judges on this round at all! :s Because, all you builders weren't messing around lol everyone brought it and made beautiful builds.

I honestly put my all into every build I do (I think everyone does) and anytime I enter a comp I'm never thinking I will win. If winning is your main goal in a building comps your most likely going to be let down.

But, if your doing it to challenge your self and have fun with like minded simmers and your happy with the build you've done your totally a winner every time. And, when you do happen to win it will just be a happy surprise.

I hope and suggest you keep building and entering comps because your a wonderful builder. Everyone loved your build and you did get a mention. But, try not to take it so personal. Everyone loved your house and it sounds like you did as well! So isn't that something? *hugs and ladybugs*

34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners! This was a fun challenge- I hope I can get my build in for this next one. It's mostly complete but I just don't know if I'll have time to finish. I'll post pics of what is done if I miss the deadline.
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member

Congratulation @glen1974 , @Ainsleyf , @folala, @gmcrozier, @withlovejulien , @onehummingbird , and @lisa17ann. :) Y'all did wonderfully <3
    Thanks for the lovely comments @BuildnShare :) Just a note, the gaming table was in the kitchen next to the dinning table. :) It's my fault cause with the pics I took it was not visable. :D Loved the challenge, will be working on the next one sometime this weekend.
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @BuildnShare and @lisa17ann thank you for the kind words and insight. @abelhinha35 many thanks for the congrats.
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Congratulation @lisa17ann & @gmcrozier ! and thanks @FoundMarbles @withlovejulien @abelhinha35 @onehummingbird and of course @BuildnShare for the great feedback! :smiley:
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #68 - Pastel Equinox Designer Showdown

@FoundMarbles

You have really brought the shell to life with Artist Residence and produced a very beautiful home. Wonderful exterior textures in siding and stone which blend together very well and your choice of windows really give the build a modern look, as well as providing lots of light indoors. Gorgeous front garden with bright coloured plants which enhance the facade. Great layout and design of the rear garden and it's good to see you have used terrain paint to create the patio and pathway. The pond sits nicely in the corner and I love the arbour at the other side, a very relaxing place to sit. The upper deck is another fabulous place with plenty of activities. Going inside took my breath away, the cool blue colour scheme throughout looks so very elegant. The art studio certainly is a dream, very spacious, light and airy and well planned out.

Suggestions: I feel the flooring of the upper deck could be made to look more interesting with the addition of rugs/mats here and there or use varying floor tiles to create your own design.

@e1990r

You have worked wonders with BnS68 Spring Challenge to create a very gorgeous family home. The exterior looks so cool and fresh with your colour choice of siding and the picket fence gives the build a lovely cottage feel. This is topped off with the beautiful array of plants at the front. Great job with the driveway and garage and I love the front porch with the ornate columns and spandrels, looks so pretty. The outdoor dining and grill area at the rear is the perfect place to eat 'al fresco' and the pool looks so refreshing. Going indoors the gold and green colour scheme looks so wonderfully regal and the soft pastel colours all blend well. Great idea to place the two end tables either side of the sink in the powder room, looks very effective and I really like the kitchen design with the 'L' shaped island, this adds a lot of interest to the room. The basement is also a favourite area and I love how you've used it for storage purposes.

Suggestions: Watch the budget! This is the lot cost plus the build cost. Regarding the build, I would suggest experiment using different wall textures in rooms as this adds more interest and saves on pictures, etc. For example, one main patterned feature wall with three painted walls or a couple of panelled walls with a couple of stone. It's great to play about with this and see what you come up with.

The winner is.....
    @FoundMarbles

GArBA5W.jpg
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Congrats, @FoundMarbles! Great job, @e1990r !!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

I can not express how amazed I am at winning this round! :blush: It was inconceivable to me that I might even place much less be declared the winner! First, thank you so much @BuildnShare for your generous compliments! The points on the deck flooring are really good advise! No doubt you will have noticed I do remember your prior comments and try to incorporate them in new challenges. It has clearly paid off! @withlovejulien , thank you for the congrats, that was generous of you! And finally, my congratulations to @e1990r , it was 6 of 1 and half a doz. of the other in this challenge; the truth to tell, that seems true in every challenge. So glad you placed!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    Congratulations @FoundMarbles .well done :)

@folala Thank You! :)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Congratulations @FoundMarbles!!! Very well done @e1990r. To the both of you keep up the great work~! :D
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    Congratulations @FoundMarbles!!! Very well done @e1990r. To the both of you keep up the great work~! :D

Thank You! :smiley: I love these challenges, they push me to do more, better each time. I think, like in grade school, all should be awarded "winning" status. Everyone tries so hard and does such fantastic stuff!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats @FoundMarbles!! And @e1990r, awesome builds from the both of you :)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

@FaithofKaela :smiley::blush: Thank You!
    edited May 2017
    Established Results for Challenge #68 - Pastel Equinox Designer Showdown

@Liz_GoBucks
    Sentimental Blue is a lovely modern creation. Your architecture is interesting and your landscaping looks wonderful, you’ve chosen plants that enhance the style of your build and you made some good use of the terrain painting tool. Your palette works well, that soft pastel blue through the home helps bring a great sense of cohesion, as did the objects you chose. You made some great choices for object placement too, that living room is perfectly laid out!

Suggestions: I would loved to have seen some overhead shots of your build, so that I could understand how you laid the home out. Also, when taking showcase pictures, try and ensure that you have ‘walls up’ so that we can see the whole of a room. When compiling your media for the showcase, you may want to show more of your home, as your media is the only thing we look at when judging.

@SyddyB206
    Goth Pastel House looks amazing from the exterior, your work on the roofing is awesome and I think you made some great choices for the exterior wall treatments. Your layout works well and I can tell you put thought into how it will actually play in game. Using the Goth theme was inspired and that dark wood goes so well with the pastel pink. You made some really great object choices, everything in the home feels like it belongs, you have made great use of clutter and your object placement is fab.

Suggestions: Your landscaping seems really sparse, other than that lovely flower bed out the front, perhaps a couple more of those dotted around the outside of the home would have helped it feel more natural and less bland. I should just mention that your entry was late, you posted after the challenge closed, we let it slide this time :wink:

And the winner is....

@SyddyB206!!!

Congrats, this was a tough call!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Way to go @SyddyB206 congratulations!

Both of you keep up the great work.
    Expert Results for Challenge #68 - Pastel Equinox Designer Showdown

@folala

You have come up with an unusually interesting look to Spring Clean. It looks like an old, quirky farmhouse with its dramatic roofline. I love how you have laid out the entire lot with the driveway, side garden and pool in back. Beautiful landscaping all around! The dark brown roof and window trims contrast nicely with the clapboard siding. Inside, the peachy pastels and other muted colors give the house a calm yet welcoming air. Overall you’ve chosen good furnishings and clutter items and used MOO well—like for the kitchen island oven. It was also nice that you added a pop of bright orange in the kid’s room as a contrast to all the pastel colors elsewhere. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: It always makes me nervous to see a musical instrument, like the guitar, left outside—even in ever-sunny Newcrest. I think I would prefer to see it somewhere in the teen’s room. Also your decorating style is a curious mix of modern and traditional. Sometimes it works really well like in the master bedroom, and sometimes it looks a little odd, like in the main hallway with its very traditional striped wallpaper and paneling and the very modern doors. It is a difficult mix to pull off.

@JasonAnthonySterling

What a marvelous idea to create a Roman Villa! You have captured the essential elements in your House of the Rising Sun. The patio extensions and porches are nice additions, and I especially like your judicious use of large items like sculptures and planters. Reversing the footprint of the house worked well for your overall conception. The inside of the villa is a delight, even with its somewhat quirky layout. The center inside courtyard (Peristyle) is such a great feature! And the interior decoration is luxurious and lovely throughout with lots of thoughtful details. The master bedroom is a standout here—wonderful use of color. Wonderful conception and execution. :smiley:

Suggestions: The bedroom in the basement bothers me. Where I live, all bedrooms (by code) have to have a window or outside exit. Although putting the servant in the basement is fitting, adding an outside stairwell would have been nice. Also, though kitchens were sometimes put in the basement historically, having one there in a modern house is not very convenient. Finally, it looks like the flowers under the hedge in the Peristyle garden were put there mechanically. A little MOO might have made them look more natural.

@MeaganJo

SunnyVale was the perfect name choice for your cheerful home in pastel yellow! The porch and landscaping in front together with the interesting roofline give the house great curb appeal! The landscaping overall looks natural and appealing. The outdoor area look inviting; one just wants to sit under the umbrella and listen to the birds chirping! The inside layout flows well, and the pastel yellow really pulls the interior together, although I especially like the rooms where you have contrasted the yellow with another color—like the teal paneling in the master bedroom. Generally, the furnishing and clutter items were chosen well and make the house look like a home. And there were some inspired touches like the children’s recreation area on the upper floor and the laundry room. Lovely! :smiley:

Suggestions: You did an amazing job. The only thing I can suggest is that you label more of your pictures. The laundry room, for example, was not labeled and I had to guess that that was what it was.

@popettypop2012

Newcrest Family Home looks just like the attractive suburban house you’d expect to find in Newcrest! The wraparound front porch is a wonderful feature and the colorful window boxes give the house a cheery aspect from the front. The landscaping is understated but nicely done (great use of terrain paint!), and of course, the front fountain and the backyard pool are always great features! The roofing is especially attractive, too. You’ve come up with a great layout overall for the house and included a lot of nice features, like the fitness equipment in the office and the open kitchen/dining room. I love the stone wall texture in the kitchen! I had a little difficulty in deciding your pastel inspiration color but decided that the beigy orange was what you used to tie the interior together. Your choice of furnishings and clutter items are in keeping with the traditional feel of the house. Wonderful work! :smiley:

Suggestions: I might have used only two wall textures for the exterior of the house. The four that you’ve chosen make the appearance a little confusing. Also, as a practical matter, the portion of the wall under the roof would not usually be stone or brick if the wall underneath was not also stone or brick. The siding probably could not support the weight of the stone or brick above it. Also, be careful how you place your pictures and wall hangings. Most of them seemed like they were placed too high on the walls. Also be careful of proportion. The picture over the fireplace seems too big for the space. You also had quite a bit more of the budget to spend. I few paintings on the wall in the master bedroom would have looked good!

@withlovejulien

What a wonderful transformation! Reversing the basic footprint of the house works well and you ended up with an attractive traditional house. Your roofing solution is particularly nice. I also love all the porches and outdoor areas you created—especially the diagonal pool and the side porch. The landscaping is exuberant and in keeping with the pastel yellow you chose as one of your inspiration colors. Inside, you’ve created a layout that is both interesting and convenient. The large kitchen is a great feature! Overall, you decorated with a consistent reference to pastel yellow and blue and it makes the inside cohesive. The many wonderful details and clutter items give the house a “lived in” look that is warm and welcoming. Great job! :smiley:

Suggestions: The brief called for at least two and half bathrooms and I only counted two! And although, you generally used furnishings and clutter items well, here and there the spaces seemed too cluttered, especially the kitchen where the fruit and vegetable wall hangings (with the strings) didn’t really seem to fit the space under the cabinets, nor did the enlarged spoon and fork. I would also perhaps raise the sailing ship wall sculpture up just above the tile line and bring the olive oil box a little lower where it could more easily be reached!

All five of you did exceptionally well. Anyone could learn a lot from your creativity and inventiveness!

And the winner is....

@MeaganJo
    GArBA5W.jpg
    OMGoodness Whoop Whoop! I sat here and read every single review before I would reveal the winner with my family sitting here watching and waiting lol. Thank you so very much @BuildnShare! I feel like I'm on cloud nine haha!

Originally I had every one of the pics labelled but then something happened during the upload so I had to put all the pics in individually and ended up forgetting about going back and doing that. I will be sure to do that next time.
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Congratulations @Meaganjo for winning the challenge. It is totally deserved. And thank you @buildnshare for your suggestions and feedback:)
    Thank you so very much @popettypop2012 !
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congratulations to all the winners, all very inspiring and so very well deserved :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Congratulations @MeaganJo & @SyddyB206 well done! :)
    and thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback too :)
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Thank You @BuildnShare for awarding me the place of winner
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    Thank you so much @folala !
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Awesome job, everyone! Congratulations, @MeaganJo!! Wonderful job, as usual!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top