Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Party ideas

I really miss in Sims 3 having my kids do sleepovers with their friends. So much of Sims 4 runs on parties, clubs, and groups already I think kids should be able to plan a party too and have a sleepover with their friends.

Are there any parties you'd like to see added?
Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
ltx83WK.png

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Definitely sleepovers, kids need more activities (I could see it being a thing for teens as well)
    I'd also like to see pool parties, bachelor/ette parties, and baby showers.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I love all those ideas!! Especially the pool party :)
    ltx83WK.png
  • NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Sleepovers, anniversary, party for renewing vows perhaps, prom, graduation party, baby showers, and hopefully with seasons there will be seasonal festivities. I would also love to see masquerades!
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    I need funerals and graveyards!
  • guineapigsimguineapigsim Posts: 98 Member
    Home alone parties for teens!
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    Pretty much everything that people are saying.

I think with the club addition, there would be a way to "build" your own event.

It would be neat if you could program events the way you would a club ... so you would pick from a list of activities to do for the beginning/middle/end of the event. Maybe 3 actions per section, and your Sims just cycle through those actions until they reach the next section. Then they can have a "finale" action, like everyone goes to sleep (for sleepovers), or someone gets married, etc. that signals the end of the event until that action is done. It would also be neat to bridge events together, so that after you commit one "finale action", it starts a new event with the same/different people.

Might be a bit complicated, but I like the idea of having non-linear events - as in there is no timer or goals that you have to meet to have a successful event, so I wish that if they didn't add an event builder, then they should make events have the ability to be played without the timer, and just keep the "finale" goal for something like weddings ... so once you get married, that signals the end of the event regardless.

I think with the club system, it makes this kinda easier, but clubs are Sims specific, and I would like the concept to be doable on more of a whim with a bunch of different Sims, rather than having a club meeting with the same Sims over and over.

Origin ID: Derpiez
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Luke wrote: »
    Pretty much everything that people are saying.

I think with the club addition, there would be a way to "build" your own event.

It would be neat if you could program events the way you would a club ... so you would pick from a list of activities to do for the beginning/middle/end of the event. Maybe 3 actions per section, and your Sims just cycle through those actions until they reach the next section. Then they can have a "finale" action, like everyone goes to sleep (for sleepovers), or someone gets married, etc. that signals the end of the event until that action is done. It would also be neat to bridge events together, so that after you commit one "finale action", it starts a new event with the same/different people.

Might be a bit complicated, but I like the idea of having non-linear events - as in there is no timer or goals that you have to meet to have a successful event, so I wish that if they didn't add an event builder, then they should make events have the ability to be played without the timer, and just keep the "finale" goal for something like weddings ... so once you get married, that signals the end of the event regardless.

I think with the club system, it makes this kinda easier, but clubs are Sims specific, and I would like the concept to be doable on more of a whim with a bunch of different Sims, rather than having a club meeting with the same Sims over and over.

with wedding, the finale would have to be the reception not the actual marriage part
    6adMCGP.gif
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Would be nice to set a time for the party. For example a sleepover could start at 7pm and finish at 10am. That way you could fit in a party before or after work/school and still have time to sleep or just sleepovers in general would work better.

For invitations sims receive, you should be able to go at a specified time rather than just being whisked away on the spot as it can be annoying if your sim really needs to take care of business!
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Kid sleepovers
    Funerals
    Anniversary
    Baby showers
    Pool Party
    Family BBQ

Family BBQ would work perfectly with a generations pack.

Come to think of it most of these suggestions would!

Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    hannaaj22 wrote: »
    Would be nice to set a time for the party. For example a sleepover could start at 7pm and finish at 10am. That way you could fit in a party before or after work/school and still have time to sleep or just sleepovers in general would work better.

For invitations sims receive, you should be able to go at a specified time rather than just being whisked away on the spot as it can be annoying if your sim really needs to take care of business!

Oooh we desperately need this. It feels so weird having the party start as soon as you call to plan it. I also have a love hate relationship with the phone calls because I get excited when stuff is happening with the other sims and it makes it feel more real to me, but it's also super inconvenient having to leave asap. I wish you could just accept the invitation and the click attend party or something when you're finally done.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Engagement Party
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    dafadolly wrote: »
    hannaaj22 wrote: »

Oooh we desperately need this. It feels so weird having the party start as soon as you call to plan it. I also have a love hate relationship with the phone calls because I get excited when stuff is happening with the other sims and it makes it feel more real to me, but it's also super inconvenient having to leave asap. I wish you could just accept the invitation and the click attend party or something when you're finally done.

This is so true!

As for parties, I'd like to see family reunions and funerals/wakes added.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Engagement Party

what would be the point in an engagement party?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    @MadameLee I think it would just be a party to announce your engagement. It's not absolutely needed but it would be nice as well as the announce engagement interaction kind of like the share big news for pregnancy.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I know we have Halloween type parties and Black and White Parties, but what I really miss is the Christmas parties. I think they were called Winter Parties in Sims 3 You put down the gift rug and everyone could open presents. I also kind of miss the visit from Santa you could get in Sims 2 when you left out milk and cookies.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Kid sleepovers
    Funerals
    Anniversary
    Baby showers
    Pool Party
    Family BBQ

All of these, please! :)

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2017
    definitely Masquerade balls I have the mansions and castles to hold them in.
    a Beautiful variety of Masks, different themed ball gowns, tail coats.

and Waltzing to modern day Songs mix it up between some slow romantic songs and fast fun songs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv2iUOzgSdQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mimjyhoLdi8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke6cj4IXTdE
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Second all of these, especially pool parties, funerals and the renewing vows party. Also, with City Living, I've been thinking it would be nice to have a "Fundraiser Party" option, for collecting donations.
  • mikishugo246mikishugo246 Posts: 48 Member
    pool party
    slumber party
    ladies night (beauty mask, drinks, girl talk)
    mens night ( beer, watching sports, video games, boy talk)
    bachelorette party
    teenager parties
    kiddie parties
    ball (including ballroom dancing)
    wedding party improvements (reception lot , for example)
    funerals
    bbq party
  • vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    Love these ideas!!
    ltx83WK.png
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    boosting this again, cause I'd forgotten about my fundraiser party idea and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 THAT'D BE NEAT