Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some clarification

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
I think a lot of simmers are confused about the pack, which is understandable. This whole time we were under the impression it was a mini generations pack, but it's not..

It's a pack about parenting, which is why there isn't much out side of the parenting aspect like swings or canes etc.

Apparently we will get to do things like punish, set curfews, etc and the way we raise our kids will affect then as adults. That is a very UNIQUE system that I feel isn't very easily explainable IN a short trailer, which is why it feels empty to some.

It reminds me of Get Togethers system, we didn't even know clubs were a thing based on the trailer, because clubs were hard to show off, and yet they've become one of the best Sims systems ever.

There are also more bad things happening, like cursing and trouble, so this is great for mischief players. While not positive, I'm pretty sure you can choose to play a strict parent who grounds for every little thing, a relaxed parent who understands things happen, or even an irresponsible parent who's never there.

Im excited for the possibilities, but we'll need an IN depth trailer to see the new system.

Edit: I just found out you can do things like pack a lunch for your kid at school Ahhh how cute!
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I'm sure a lot will come to light on the livestream set for next Friday
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    omg they can curse?!

bless.

blesssssssss.

gonna raise me some sailor-mouth babies. <3
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2017
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    omg they can curse?!

bless.

blesssssssss.

Yeah! Sim guru ninja said on twitter there is a new interaction called shout forbidden words, and you can scold children for cursing, or in your case praise them :p

Obviously it's simlish though so no irl curse words.

There's also new diaries.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member

There's also new diaries.

Those were pretty cute in Sims 2, they'd always shut it close if another Sim walked by :D

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited May 2017
    Edit, posted in wrong thread, carry on lol
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    omg they can curse?!

bless.

blesssssssss.

Yes, they can now say "Plum!"
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I agree! People need to stop trying to find a Sims 3 counterpart to every pack that gets released!
    edited May 2017
    When they swear, they should show a speech bubble with a plum in it! lol :smiley:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    dancenow13 wrote: »
    I agree! People need to stop trying to find a Sims 3 counterpart to every pack that gets released!

well this is based on info we have so far. my fears right now is the parenting system will be extremely limited and basic and is being really overhyped. where the system works like this. do a bunch of soicals to increase your parenting skill and tolders/kids/teens gain reward traits by doing certain things throughout their lives.
    I don't really care about the parenting system, I would like to know if there are any new build tools? :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I don't really care about the parenting system, I would like to know if there are any new build tools? :)

Why would there be lol it's a pack about parenting...
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @brendhan21 Hey, I have seen you post a similar response in another thread. I was just wondering, how you would want the parenting system to work? I honestly feel like all skills (including vampire ones) are just certain actions (often socials) and you get rewarded. Just curious how you would improve it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    omg they can curse?!

bless.

blesssssssss.

Yes, they can now say "Plum!"

I would die if that turns out to be the Simlish. I would absolutely die.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @brendhan21 Hey, I have seen you post a similar response in another thread. I was just wondering, how you would want the parenting system to work? I honestly feel like all skills (including vampire ones) are just certain actions (often socials) and you get rewarded. Just curious how you would improve it.

yes i am glad you asked. well for example i would make it to where you could set certain rules for your kids. like for example they would need to do their homework before playing video games and if they played video games before homework they would get into trouble if they got caught just an example. rather then just tell the kids do your homework. like i want it set as a rule rather then just a soical.

Just hoping. ;)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

There's probably something -- it looked like a new tile pattern for the walls in the kitchen during the teaser trailer. I also liked the new shower with the curtain -- maybe a new bath/shower combo? That definitely will fit more of my homes than what we currently have.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited May 2017
    @SimGuruNinja So no info until next week? :( That's too bad, I am really excited!

@brendhan21 Ah okay, so more similar to club rules (tweaked of course). Yes, that would be an amazing system. Maybe, that will happen. I am thinking about the chore board. Maybe you add the chores per child and they will then have to do it. However, I don't see how that would complement the parenting skill. I mean, how would you level up?

Just saw what SimguruNinja said about the board. Looks amazing! Maybe that will ease your concerns a bit Brendhan?: It's interactive. Family Bulletin Board. Among other things you'll be able to set and adjust curfew times here.
    We have lots to reveal yet. We've barely scratched upon the core gameplay loop of the pack and how this changes how you play families. We do have a livestream next week (and also an upcoming gameplay trailer) which will shed more light on the pack. I'm excited. It isn't just new CAS & decoratives. :smiley:

honestly like i said you have my interest and i really hope the pack is as detailed as you say because i am worried its as simple as i fear it may be.
    @SimGuruNinja So no info until next week? :( That's too bad, I am really excited!

@brendhan21 Ah okay, so more similar to club rules (tweaked of course). Yes, that would be an amazing system. Maybe, that will happen. I am thinking about the chore board. Maybe you add the chores per child and they will then have to do it. However, I don't see how that would complement the parenting skill. I mean, how would you level up?

Just saw what SimguruNinja said about the board. Looks amazing! Maybe that will ease your concerns a bit Brendhan?: It's interactive. Family Bulletin Board. Among other things you'll be able to set and adjust curfew times here.

yeah this is kind of the direction i was hoping it would go. like i said if they go in the direction of club rules that would be great. well a good example is doing soicals with family would give you access to more rules for example. like i am not above there being socials infact socials are great just socials that have impact on the familes. rather then just odering your sim to go do this.

also where did you read about this bulletin board.
    edited May 2017
    I suck at quoting, but go to the Questions about parenthood thread
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm really looking forward to this pack and I completely get that the focus is on the parenting part which is something that was barely there in previous sims games. I'm glad they've decided to give us new experiences too and expand on the simulation and sandbox elements of the game.

Anyway, I still hope there's a kids'/teens' activities pack in the future too, adding after school activities, swings, games like tag or cops and robbers etc. Since it's a very different theme I don't think it would overlap with this GP.
    I suck at quoting, but go to the Questions about parenthood thread

thanks i saw it looks like it may turn out as good as i am hoping but until i know more its hard for me to get excited about this pack because yeah. and now i feel like unless you are excited about this game pack do not post anything. i just got told to moderate my concerns where as its perfectly fine for everyone else to be super mega excited about this game pack.
    I'm really looking forward to this pack and I completely get that the focus is on the parenting part which is something that was barely there in previous sims games. I'm glad they've decided to give us new experiences too and expand on the simulation and sandbox elements of the game.

Anyway, I still hope there's a kids'/teens' activities pack in the future too, adding after school activities, swings, games like tag or cops and robbers etc. Since it's a very different theme I don't think it would overlap with this GP.

my thoughts are i am not sure how i feel. cuz i feel like there is not enough information for me to get excited and lookforward to it yet(the trailer kind of makes it look like a mega stuff pack at best) but from what i am being told there is more to come and if those things are as great as i hope then yeah i can be excited.