Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @CathyTea I answered a question (you kind of asked but didn't ask on the Phoenix Thread). PS what did you think about the previous "Villian Kids" chapter?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @CathyTea No need to hurry ^^
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2017
    Did anyone else get flooded with spam messages today? I logged into Wordpress this morning excited to see so many comments and thinking maybe I have new readers and then it's all gibberish messages on 16 of my posts and a message about a tv show on Bravo and 3 "let me help you with your caffeine addiction." Lol... I like coffee but I'm not addicted. I can walk away from it for a few days and feel fine. I thought my spam filter caught messages like these, but I had 20 to approve or unapprove or manually move to spam this morning.

@AdamsEve1231 Yup. I got sooooo much spam today. Over a hundred messages in total. Thankfully most was caught by the spam filter but I had to manually flag a bunch of them.

EDIT: It was actually several hundred, apparently. All my blogs were flooded. :astonished:
    Post edited by RipuAncestor on
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i think were supposed get the next gp trailer today. the official one.

i don't watch lgr but simmers gab was just as effective when the new stuff came out.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    The new Parenthood Game pack looks pretty fun. I just worry they showed us all of it in the post. lol
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    The new Parenthood Game pack looks pretty fun. I just worry they showed us all of it in the post. lol

we still have two weeks left..

I hope we get some choclate milk to drink..
    6adMCGP.gif

boo i have to wait 2 weeks. i want it now.
    edited May 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIW6kougM6w <here's the trailer

appernetly we get to have different parenting styles because like with Vampires there's a quiz at the end I got relaxed parent
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited May 2017
    yeah brandon might actually get a teddy bear the size i need. and still huggable.
    yeah brandon might actually get a teddy bear the size i need. and still huggable.

he will be able to pay doctor with it!!
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

he will be able to pay doctor with it!!

i know.
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hello @everybody

Just stopping by to give you all an update on my 'status' this year. Due to the addictive nature of the game I will not be returning to the game. Am planning to close my Sims Account in the near future but will give time to get things worked out with the ownership of Sims and Friends thread in Sims 3 Stories and Legacies.

To those who are interested in my 'Journey to Health' progress, here is what I posted on Facebook. You can find me there under Jan Tedford or email jangraceted@gmail.com for those who wish to stay in touch.

Most people think that January is a good time to make resolutions to do things that will improve their lives. Congrats to those who make these lifestyle changes reality, although the most important change for anyone to make who has not already done so, is to 'Prepare to meet their God' as Amos 4:12 puts it.

I've learned that just like our spiritual well being needs to grow and flourish everyday, it is never too late for someone who has lost their way to experience the joy of restoration no matter what month of the year in which that happens. This is also true for the renewal of our physical and mental health.

Over the past 4 years, May seems to be my month for taking the steps necessary (with help from the Lord) towards restoring these three areas in my life.

On May 17, 2003, this journey to better health began with eliminating all soda pop from my diet.

A couple of years later, after finding out that too much idle time playing computer games caused serious health issues including high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes. Gradually the Lord took away the 'fun' of playing Sims, Facebook, and Microsoft card games and on May 17 of last year, I stopped playing Sims, followed that in June by eliminating FB games and then over the summer, stopped the others. This was the beginning of restoration in both my spiritual and mental health as reading the scripture became more precious to me and getting out more with the believers at Assembly meetings (Gospel Hall) and Bible Conferences.
    This year, my goal is to restore my physical health with a radical lifestyle of change by following (as closely as possible) the things laid out in the 'The Big Diabetes Lie: 7 Steps to Health' by eating a lot more veggies and learning to like them raw and very little carbs and meats.
    In the short time, since starting this there have been positive results in having more energy and losing more weight. Over the past 4 years, I have gradually lost almost 50 lbs and am feeling better everyday now and hope to eventually be able to come off all medications.

To any who are struggling with health issues that seem to be unending please check out this book:

http://www.bigdiabeteslie2017.com/

Can email you the link to my digital copy and the other books mentioned if you wish.

Enjoyed my time playing the game but now maintaining my health and working towards my goal of becoming med free is more important. Special thanks goes out to @CathyTea, @Simslover163, @CitizenErased14, @Jes2G, @Julyvee94, @ra3rei, @KitDragonFlight, @Meggles (have forgotten the number that goes with her name), and many others who made me feel welcome to this thread and the fun times playing with each other's Sims. Those of you who have my Simself and/or any other Sims, builds, etc in your game please feel free to share them to your Galleries for others to use.

This will be my 'farewell' post but I can still be found on Facebook under Jan Tedford or email at jangraceted@gmail.com for those of you who want to keep in touch.

Hugs to all!

Your Friend

Janet (aka Silver)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Did anyone else get flooded with spam messages today? I logged into Wordpress this morning excited to see so many comments and thinking maybe I have new readers and then it's all gibberish messages on 16 of my posts and a message about a tv show on Bravo and 3 "let me help you with your caffeine addiction." Lol... I like coffee but I'm not addicted. I can walk away from it for a few days and feel fine. I thought my spam filter caught messages like these, but I had 20 to approve or unapprove or manually move to spam this morning.

@AdamsEve1231 Yup. I got sooooo much spam today. Over a hundred messages in total. Thankfully most was caught by the spam filter but I had to manually flag a bunch of them.

EDIT: It was actually several hundred, apparently. All my blogs were flooded. :astonished:

@RipuAncestor Hundreds? Oh dear... I only had around 20 additional messages that weren't caught by the SPAM filter. Ugh! Not fun.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @SilverDaybreak

You do what needs to be done. :)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • IntrovertSaraIntrovertSara Posts: 49 Member
    I need the Parenthood GP now, not in two weeks! This will the kid stage of legacies much more fun :smiley:

@MadameLee I got fun parent :wink: even though I'm pretty sure I'd be a strict parent...hmm..
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Question for those here. Do you guys post your story updates on other places besides the forum?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

appernetly we get to have different parenting styles because like with Vampires there's a quiz at the end I got relaxed parent

I like the quiz! https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/quizzes/what-kind-of-parent-will-you-be/questions/question1

I got "Nurturing Parent"
    Verb tenses might be conditional, but your love isn't. You believe that showing your undying affections for your children will help them be their best, and that a hug can solve most every problem.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Question for those here. Do you guys post your story updates on other places besides the forum?
    I post them on Sims Community, Tumblr, and Twitter (not sure how many readers I get from the last two, but I know I've gotten a couple new readers from the first).
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    @SilverDaybreak

You will be missed! I hope your journey for better health and to lead a better lifestyle goes well. <3
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    @Arrowleaf : Hugs! It's been a long time and glad you found Cathy's thread. Thanks for the well wishes.
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

I like the quiz! https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/quizzes/what-kind-of-parent-will-you-be/questions/question1

I got "Nurturing Parent"
    Verb tenses might be conditional, but your love isn't. You believe that showing your undying affections for your children will help them be their best, and that a hug can solve most every problem.

I got nuturing as well.
    volunteer opp are rabbit holes. The board w/ the clock is interactive and you set punishments/curefews via it
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I got fun parent. Not sure about that. Of course I want to be fun, but I've worked with kids before and have gotten mixed results. Though I suppose it's different with your own kids.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    That pack looks fun, but I can't take the quiz. It keeps coming up as "bad gateway". :/ I'll try again later.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    That pack looks fun, but I can't take the quiz. It keeps coming up as "bad gateway". :/ I'll try again later.

Oh! It worked now. My son got Fun Parent on his first go and I got relaxed parent. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top