Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is happening with the forums?

2...Next

Comments

• gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I just wish they would just fix it I do not like it this way . Hard to find things out fast .
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I like the forums better now. Much more logical layout
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I don't know why S4 doesn't get its own section...unlike a mobile game.

And i wish they would put child boards listed under the parent one, it is really confusing, but i've just booked marked all the places i want to go to now, it's a pain.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    Anduar wrote: »
    I don't know why S4 doesn't get its own section...unlike a mobile game.

And i wish they would put child boards listed under the parent one, it is really confusing, but i've just booked marked all the places i want to go to now, it's a pain.
    The Sims 4 did have their own section as well as TS3 and the Previous Sims games but the moderators of this site wanted to put them all in The Sims sections instead to keep the site from getting cluttered up.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I am completely annoyed by the new layout, especially when surfing on a smartphone. I need the bug section with one click!
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > Anduar wrote: »
    >
    > I don't know why S4 doesn't get its own section...unlike a mobile game.
    >
    > And i wish they would put child boards listed under the parent one, it is really confusing, but i've just booked marked all the places i want to go to now, it's a pain.
    >
    >
    >
    > The Sims 4 did have their own section as well as TS3 and the Previous Sims games but the moderators of this site wanted to put them all in The Sims sections instead to keep the site from getting cluttered up.

I mean this entire forum is just for the sims, there are no other games. Mobile is a sims game just like any other. I don't know why they consolidated the rest of them to make room for it...
    I don't think a section for each sim game is going to confuse anyone. Apparently it didn't before this! lol.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > Anduar wrote: »
    >
    > I don't know why S4 doesn't get its own section...unlike a mobile game.
    >
    > And i wish they would put child boards listed under the parent one, it is really confusing, but i've just booked marked all the places i want to go to now, it's a pain.
    >
    >
    >
    > The Sims 4 did have their own section as well as TS3 and the Previous Sims games but the moderators of this site wanted to put them all in The Sims sections instead to keep the site from getting cluttered up.

I mean this entire forum is just for the sims, there are no other games. Mobile is a sims game just like any other. I don't know why they consolidated the rest of them to make room for it...
    I don't think a section for each sim game is going to confuse anyone. Apparently it didn't before this! lol.

This is a quote from SimGuruDrake about the site and the mobile section of the forums. Plus she said in another post that they don't have any plans on putting the site back to the way it was before the update... :)
    Our Mobile Family is just as important to us as our PC Family. They are sitting on equal footing with having their own focused areas.

The forums as they were previously laid out was not user friendly and was overwhelming for new users to figure out. None of the PC sections have been replaced they have simply been condensed into their own areas with the top level sections being visible to click on.

You will see that TS4 is still an important section as it sits above TS3 and older content within the main game area.

This has been my intention for a while to reorganize this space in the current state you see, our mobile announcement just set the perfect time to do so.
    A few things:

1. This is a EA / Maxis owned forum space. How we reorganize the forums is up to us.
    2. The Sims Mobile section has a total of 6 sections, including The Sims Freeplay section which includes a news and discussion area.
    3. The Sims PC section has a total of 47 sections across TS4, TS3, TS2, TS, and Medieval.
    4. The "childs" category is simply the name this forum system uses to recognize "sub forums" it is not a slight to anyone.

While you may not personally agree to this change and while it may not be easy for you I am not going to adjust the forum back to its previous layout. We made the choice to have a top level focus for the PC products where players can choose which area they go into and can go into the more details sections once they click through.

The PC product sits ABOVE the Mobile product to not make you feel as if the Mobile product took precedent. If we had kept the old layout then you would be more upset that both mobile products would be sitting above TS3 and the older PC products (because they absolutely would be above them.)

Also yes, I did put up an announcement message on the forums stating they would be going down at 1PM PT on Monday and I tweeted about it twice from my SimGuru account.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917574/so-is-mobile-now-the-priority-in-sims-development-overall/p1
    I've been on this forum for 6 years (lurking!) and i've never seen a more confusing layout than this new one.
    Nothing to be done, I suppose.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I've been on this forum for 6 years (lurking!) and i've never seen a more confusing layout than this new one.
    Nothing to be done, I suppose.

Yup. Bad design is bad. Still trying to figure out if it is a work in progress, because now with the way the last comment posts are displayed on the homepage, it doesn't even make sense.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited May 2017
    I kinda got used to it, but it would have been nice to get some sort of heads up before it happened. For 3 days I got a message that I have been banned from entering this site! I was shocked, I thought I actually got banned...

This was handled really poorly, no where on the site did I see a message stating it's gonna be down for that long :/

Meanwhile ATRL gives you a heads up weeks in advance of when it's gonna be down for updates, and that site is owned by some guy in his 40'. And this site is owned by one of the largest video game companies, just for a contrast.
  • AngeliqeueAngeliqeue Posts: 87 Member
    i'm new and thouhgt it was always like that, would have been good to join a while back, without all the clicking