Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New player I need task help, please (Help still needed)

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims FreePlay
How do I get the auctioneers podium in a neighbors town with no friends who play too?

How do I go about making rocky road?

How do I do the salsa hobby event? Every time I click on the salsa radio it says waiting for dance partner. I did that once and nothing happened afterwards. (Solved this one)
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
Post edited by simgirl542 on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    edited May 2017
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I had two sims in the house, but nothing seemed to happen when I clicked on both of them. There was no option for them to dance together.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited May 2017
    @simgirl542 I know this is a little late and you may have already figured out what to do, but in case you haven't this link will tell you step by step how to complete the Dance to Remember quest: https://thegirlwhogames.blog/2015/01/02/the-sims-freeplay-a-dance-to-remember-quest/

I copied a section from her website that should tell you how to complete what I think you're asking about: "Dance at the villa- 4 hours 30 minutes (sim one clicks on jukebox and selects wait for sim, sim two clicks on jukebox and selects dance with partner)"

TheGirlWhoGames.blog is a fabulous website that gives you all the information you need to complete all the quests and hobbies. I always rely on her for help when I get stuck.
    Thank you both, I figured out the salsa dance one, but I still need help with the other two questions.

Her website had nothing for these:

How do I get the auctioneers podium in a neighbors town with no friends who play too?

How do I go about making rocky road?
    edited May 2017
    @simgirl542 For the auctioneer's podium, you have to use either Game Center (this is only for Apple devices), Facebook or Google Play Games. If you don't use any of these, you won't be able to complete any of the tasks that give you social points. If you do use them, you can make "friend requests" that will give you access to other people's towns. Here is a link that tells you how to do it:

https://thegirlwhogames.blog/2014/09/23/the-sims-freeplay-adding-neighbours/

If you do use one of the highlighted apps above, then you could start a new thread in this forum and ask for people to add you as a friend. If you use an iPad, Game Center comes with one town so you don't have to add friends to use it, but it doesn't always have all the items you need to complete a task and I'm not sure whether or not it has an auctioneer's podium. It's pretty limited. Personally, I usually just skip the tasks that earn social points, but that's just me.

For the Rocky Road, tap on a stove. It will give you 2 options, Cooking or Baking. Tap on Baking and scroll down until you see Rocky Road. The foods aren't listed in alphabetical order, but they are listed in order according to how many simoleons they cost to make. The cost is in the upper left corner of each food listed. Rocky Road costs 137 simoleons.
    @simgirl542 I just checked the town the comes with Game Center, called Another Sim Town, and I couldn't find the auctioneer's podium so that won't help. The only way you'll be able to complete the task is use one of the apps I mentioned in my previous post and make friend requests.
    @ClassicalSim,
    I've looked for the rocky road using the stove and the refrigerator. I didn't see it under either one, but I'll make sure to look again. Right now I have so many tasks going on at once I don't have time to do that one. I'm trying to get my two babies up to toddlers. Kind of hard to do when they're almost always sleeping,my other sims are trying to rebuild my money, or they're all busy with my many other tasks.

I have an Android. I might connect my game to Facebook and try adding friends. I did, however, notice that the only neighborhood that I have right now is also called Another Sim Town.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2017
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    @ClassicalSim,
    I've looked for the rocky road using the stove and the refrigerator. I didn't see it under either one, but I'll make sure to look again. Right now I have so many tasks going on at once I don't have time to do that one. I'm trying to get my two babies up to toddlers. Kind of hard to do when they're almost always sleeping,my other sims are trying to rebuild my money, or they're all busy with my many other tasks.

I have an Android. I might connect my game to Facebook and try adding friends. I did, however, notice that the only neighborhood that I have right now is also called Another Sim Town.
    Click on the stove. Then you will see two options: cooking and baking. You will find rocky road under baking.
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    Hi, sorry to put a question in here, but I still can't start a new thread.

I am on Windows Phone. My sims free play game stopped working, just wouldn't open at all. I tried the usual things, restart phone etc. but still wouldn't open. Uninstalled game and went to store to reinstall but it won't download, just gets stuck on acquiring license. Been trying for several days now and still won't work.

I can't report the problem to support through the game as I can't get on it. I have plenty of free space on my phone so it's not that.

My poor sims will be in a terrible state by now :(

Has anyone else had problems like this or have any idea what I can do about it.

Any help much appreciated.