Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Story of Bob Bobson Updated 2/19

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    cshaner wrote: »
    I'll say the first. I picture Bob a bit spoiled and hear him a slightly nasal sounding voice.
    Seconding @cshaner!
    I say lower in a dorky way...ha!

It's really interesting, in my head, he sounds a lot like how LL and cshaner said, but in-game, his voice is...
    the clear voice slid almost all the way to the bottom of the slider.

It's really interesting how different it is.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    I'm ready to start playing, and when I moved back a little in their apartment and saw those diagonal corner tiles matching the rest of the floor, I was really excited until I realized that they hadn't fixed it after all with them still not all being the same. I won't let it stop me from getting screenshots though!
    Story_Banner.png
    edited May 2017
    I keep forgetting to mention this but...

Bob Bobson officially turned two at the end of this last April on the 30. It's hard to believe that it has been 2 years since I began writing this. Bob hasn't really changed that much in all this time, though the people that he knows and his locations have. I can't wait to do more with Bob, Eric, and Jerry and continue chronicling their adventures! I can guarantee that there will be plenty of chocolate, ice cream, popcorn, spooky movies, and much more in the future! Thank you all for reading this story that I started for my enjoyment, I love receiving feedback and writing about their hysterical adventures. Maybe someday I'll be able to fulfill @pammiechick 's request for a video of Bob, though for now my computer doesn't want to handle the video files so I can't even preview videos I've recorded in-game.

In other news, Eric is also two years old! He turned 2 on the 2nd of May, though I haven't expanded on him nearly enough.

Thank you readers! I appreciate you all! <3

Sincerely,
    DS/SeaDragonSong
    Story_Banner.png
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Happy belated birthdays, Bob and Eric!! <3
    uduVcAP.png
    Me: -enters thread-

Bob: "SO.... WHERE have you been? HMM?"

Me: -attempts to speak but only hoarse whispers come out, grabs piece of paper and pencil, writes something and hands Bob note-

Bob: -reading- "My voice is hoarse today so I can't narrate a chapter. I expect you boys to be on your best behavior while my throat recovers."

Eric: -reads silently over Bob's shoulder- "Get well soon!"

Bob: -grabs Eric and Jerry, frantically whispers before turning around- "Of course we'll be on our best behavior! When have I ever done anything that'd make you say that? FOR SHAME, DS. FOR SHAME..."
    Story_Banner.png
    Hey there guys! I just wanted to pop in to say that I know what the next chapter is about, but I still need to figure out how to screenshot it. Hopefully I'll get that figured out soon!
    Story_Banner.png
    Hey guys! I have some good news and bad news regarding this story.

The first bit of good news is that the 64 bit version (as is now) runs on my computer, so future screenshots may look different.

The bad news is that my computer won't be compatible with Pets, not just with RAM, but the drivers too. I'd even planned out the kind of dog Bob would have, but until I get a new computer, it will have to remain nonexistent. He will however dip his toes into the responsibilities of pet ownership at some point. (Thanks @Haids5987 for the suggestion on the reading circle thread!)

The other good news is that I actually have the next TWO chapters visualized, but still need to get around to screenshotting and writing them, but hopefully I can get that done in the near future.
    Story_Banner.png
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Hey guys! I have some good news and bad news regarding this story.

The first bit of good news is that the 64 bit version (as is now) runs on my computer, so future screenshots may look different.

The bad news is that my computer won't be compatible with Pets, not just with RAM, but the drivers too. I'd even planned out the kind of dog Bob would have, but until I get a new computer, it will have to remain nonexistent. He will however dip his toes into the responsibilities of pet ownership at some point. (Thanks @Haids5987 for the suggestion on the reading circle thread!)

The other good news is that I actually have the next TWO chapters visualized, but still need to get around to screenshotting and writing them, but hopefully I can get that done in the near future.
    Aw yay! We need more to giggle about--it's been a rough summer! Excited to see more Bob and his shenanigans with his new friend, furry or scaly! ;)
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
    Hey readers!

I'm updating my game and I'm heading in to screenshot, but I have a question that may impact how soon I can actually update.

Do you guys prefer me posting on this page like I have been with my chapters or would you rather read in a blog format? I know that this question has been asked many times before, but I'm curious to see what my readers think.
    Story_Banner.png
  • matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    Hey, just stopping by to tell you that I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out: https://paxlegacy.wordpress.com/2017/09/20/leibster-award/
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
    Hey, just stopping by to tell you that I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out: https://paxlegacy.wordpress.com/2017/09/20/leibster-award/

Thank you! I'll have to answer these soon!
    Story_Banner.png
    edited October 2017
    Did you read the title of this thread right? That's right, I have an update!

You may be asking, where's the pictures, and why isn't this starting at "Chapter 13"? That's because, dear readers, I bring you a brand new The Story Of A Sim website, along with a chapter 13! At this time, the previous chapters haven't been uploaded, but I'm hoping to get those done soon. It's still a work in progress, but I'm hoping this will speed up the writing process.
    Story_Banner.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Cute!
    I bet Eric and Jerry were really sorry that they weren't there to help with the crab.
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Cute!
    I bet Eric and Jerry were really sorry that they weren't there to help with the crab.
    If "help" is the right word for what they'd do... ;)
    Story_Banner.png
  • SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    Love this story! :)
    JennieRose wrote: »
    Love this story! :)

Thank you! I'm always glad to see new readers :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Hey guys! I have an announcement.

I've been getting my chapters transferred over to my blog, and I'm slowly making progress. However, my computer is acting up, where it hasn't been connecting to the internet for the last couple days and Sims 4 keeps crashing. If this keeps up, I'm going to be unable to play long enough to get chapters out, I'm not even sure it'll let me in a save game. As a result, I'm going to have to put this on official hiatus until it's fixed one way or another.
    Story_Banner.png
    edited December 2017
    Just popping in to say Merry Christmas to everybody! I actually managed to find a snowman sweater, so somebody has to share the snowman sweater goodness xD
    Story_Banner.png
    Merry Christmas!! Enjoy the sweater. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
    Hello there, long time no see! I have my new laptop (got it a few weeks ago) and it works amazingly with Sims 4. I can't wait to resume, just gotta get myself to figure out what I'm gonna do with them now, as they aren't in the apartment they were in on my old computer.

The reason I'm posting tonight is (alas, no new chapter yet) to let readers know that my blog is officially caught up! You can find it here
    Story_Banner.png
    edited February 2019
    What's this? A wild DS appears and drops a new chapter!

Chapter 14

Hopefully it won't take so long to get the next one out, and thanks for checking out my stuff! <3 Happy Valentine's Day!

EDIT: Link works now.
    Post edited by SeaDragonSong on
    Story_Banner.png
    edited February 2019
    Psst, your link is broken! <3This works, though!
    uduVcAP.png
    Oops! Thanks for letting me know! <3
    Story_Banner.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Bob is right. He’s my fav... <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Bob is right. He’s my fav... <3

Bob would be very happy to hear you say that. ;)
    Story_Banner.png