The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starter Stuff/Cheap Space Saving Items

2...Next

Comments

• lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I would also like to see some screen doors and window, some old and torn, broken off the hinges, board up.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited April 2017
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    ce43b2feb88472895f7b2f082afb016b.jpg

Bunk Sofas!
    But in all seriousness I really like the ideas on this thread. I would like to see basement hatchets.

@MrMonty96 But I WANT to have bunk sofas in the game too! :joy: (seriously, I do)

Mini fridge, spiral staircases (and/or ladders) and "used" furniture that looks very dirty but is really cheap, those are the things I'd love to have most (besides bunk sofas). The rest is important too of course, but mini fridges are more awesome than the rest
  • Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    Portable DVD player as a tv option

Murphy beds (with death by Murphy bed included)

Bunk beds

Loft beds

Trundle beds (like those beds with another mattress under them that you can slide out)

Basement hatch (I've really been wanting to build a secret lair in one of my houses but regular stairs are too bulky to truly make it a secret lair)

Ladders and spiral staircases

Folding chairs

Recliners

Foldaway tables

Hot plate

Toaster oven

Anything you might find in a college dormitory or RV (which reminds me, RVs would be a great addition to The Sims)

Also some really bad looking used furniture to truly give it that "first home but not much money" look
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I <3 this idea. I really think it would go well with CL (apartments).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • YanbunYanbun Posts: 77 Member
    I really adore most of your ideas! <3
    The items I had in mind while choosing this option as #1:
    ladder/spiral stairs
    Laptop/Talet to store in inventory/use whereever you want and at the floor as well
    smaller dresser/tables
    murphys bed with another use
    3in1bathroom

I want this stuff pack so bad! :'(
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Mycatjake1 wrote: »

Trundle beds (like those beds with another mattress under them that you can slide out)

Basement hatch (I've really been wanting to build a secret lair in one of my houses but regular stairs are too bulky to truly make it a secret lair)

Toaster oven

I'm intrigued by these three of your ideas. Would be really interested to see them in the game. Especially the trundle bed. I really really really want bunk beds but if it's problematic with multitasking or too animation heavy what with ladder climbing , trundle beds are an intriguing alternative, yes they take up 2 tiles when slide out (un-trundled?) but would only take one tile most of the time and could be a simple swipe animation to interact with.
    Toaster ovens could be cool For realism plus it could take a smaller footprint on the counter leaving other item slots free vs a microwave.

....Basement hatch - not sure how this would be implemented - would it be a seperate "door" or object that would work with existing stairs? Would it be a special room/wall type so the basement wouldn't have the outdoor lighting glitch? I would love to have basement hatches especially since foundations apply to all rooms on a lot so this would help make builds look more interesting - but they have said in the past that they don't usually have a build mode engineer on the stuff pack time because of cross compatibility - completely new build mode features usually come via patch and are normally outside stuff pack scope. I really like the idea but I'm not sure it's a stuff pack idea.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I love all the suggestion here, bunk bed, sofa bed and spiral stair are my favourites :D

The Sims Game
  • missmuffanniemissmuffannie Posts: 1 New Member
    In a perfect world, I would love to have everything (funerals, arcades, laundry, ect.) in a huge stuff pack that is titled the Forgotten stuff pack. But whatever the majority votes, I will buy regardless because I love the sims. :)
  • POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    Cute to have a crib/ toddler bed that was also a chest of drawers. Like the kids sleeps in a bed made of the top drawer and clothes below that. A table shelf that attaches to the wall and can fold up. Extension table for when there are parties/dinner parties; sleeping bags!

New interaction: Build furniture interaction where your sims can assemble their own IKEA. The could order online and if they have a higher level of handiness is comes out looking like the picture. If not, the furniture could be wonky. Two sims should be able to work on the item at the same time and it can either improve or decrease their relationship depending on their emotions at the time (eg. If they are tense they end up yelling at each other). Very realistic for a young couple's first day in a new apartment!

Also vote for

Spiral Stairs
    Three in One Bathrooms
    Laptops!
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    pics for inspiration
    tumblr_o8xbsuLrGW1u8meego1_1280.png
    (Verenka @ tumblr)
    Sturdy and cheap bunk bed

tumblr_oiy1y7Vhi61u8o1fyo3_1280.jpg
    Another fold out bed

tumblr_on25alal8U1s5spgqo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_og2xfulWAt1uovp3uo2_1280.png
    (by death-plays-the-sims-4 @ tumblr)
    Making furniture with more slots so we can use the space/decluttered options of what we have.

sliding doors
    tumblr_inline_omzziaCBdg1skydi7_540.png

I'm very much on the spiral staircase fan wagon!
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    POLLYANNA2 wrote: »
    Cute to have a crib/ toddler bed that was also a chest of drawers. Like the kids sleeps in a bed made of the top drawer and clothes below that. A table shelf that attaches to the wall and can fold up. Extension table for when there are parties/dinner parties; sleeping bags!

New interaction: Build furniture interaction where your sims can assemble their own IKEA. The could order online and if they have a higher level of handiness is comes out looking like the picture. If not, the furniture could be wonky. Two sims should be able to work on the item at the same time and it can either improve or decrease their relationship depending on their emotions at the time (eg. If they are tense they end up yelling at each other). Very realistic for a young couple's first day in a new apartment!

Also vote for

Spiral Stairs
    Three in One Bathrooms
    Laptops!

I absolutely LOVE this idea. And it fits right into the sims! I don't know if they would ever create complex objects like that though. And by that I mean objects with a "imperfect and perfect" state. For example if sims unsuccessfully put together a sofa from Simkea, it would look all wrong and it would hilariously break down over time. And even the successfully put together sofa would get an "average" moodlet :lol:
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Space saving furniture to me sounds like bunk beds.

I love bunk beds, I want it in the game right now! lol ><
    It would be amazing. It's beautiful, practical and different.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'd like a triangular bookcase that fits perfectly underneath a normal-wall-height staircase, to give the illusion of a staircase with inlaid shelves. There should be a few slots in this bookcase for us to put some decorative objects, as well as maybe a larger slot that fits the very small TV (or a radio), to save space and have more than one function. Staircases are a few slots wide (I think 3?) and since the bookcase fits perfectly, it is also 3 tiles wide. Would be fun to have the bookcase in A LOT of swatches (including a glass swatch pleeease), so we can match it with most of the staircases and styles we want :) The bookcase can also obviously be placed free-standing, in which case it would look seriously cool in a modern house.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'm just praying that some of these ideas will make it into a college/university EP.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I'd like a triangular bookcase that fits perfectly underneath a normal-wall-height staircase, to give the illusion of a staircase with inlaid shelves. There should be a few slots in this bookcase for us to put some decorative objects, as well as maybe a larger slot that fits the very small TV (or a radio), to save space and have more than one function. Staircases are a few slots wide (I think 3?) and since the bookcase fits perfectly, it is also 3 tiles wide. Would be fun to have the bookcase in A LOT of swatches (including a glass swatch pleeease), so we can match it with most of the staircases and styles we want :) The bookcase can also obviously be placed free-standing, in which case it would look seriously cool in a modern house.

YES. I've wanted something like this since forever.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    How about stackable beds, that way you can put a bed over a desk or but two beds on top of each other and they become one, instead of having just a bunk bed object with two beds you can do the same thing, plus with more options., like putting a community desk under a bed.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2017
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I'm just praying that some of these ideas will make it into a college/university EP.

LOL, nothing wrong with recycling ideas to other things, well isn't that part of eco living, maybe put a recycling program for the community, or program to lower electricity.

Edit they could use the same fuse box from city living and if placed on a regular lot it would act like a power saving addiction, with upgrades of echo friendly ways to save money, I don't know the upgrades yet, but you can upgrade the fuse box with something like turn off lights after 20 minutes or use low wattage light bulbs. Also if you have too many lights on you may trip a breaker and have to flip it. Also the hot and cold water thing too can be used in regular lots to give the illusion of poor water system in the house.

Also If you put a fuse box in a community lot, you would be able to control the lights for fire works so you could see them better.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Great idea!

Loft bed, spiral staircases, so many things that I would really like to have.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    furniture that fits into corners, telly, book case.
    also foldaway dining tables and chairs, or by magic when you pull out the table, chairs are attached to it, and you can choose the pattern of table and chairs.
    another Yes for bunk beds and loft beds, Love the ideas of @Sid1701D9 stackable beds either over a desk or another bed. my input over another two beds so we can have three beds high, those very tall walls can take it.