March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2017
    My Top 5 is updated because of two great gifts from @Jude525 ! I received a quaint firewood basket and a scenic framed picture.
    Thank you so much for your generosity and kindness.

@rebekah_lindsey Hello and a happy store collecting journey!
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited May 2017
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @Jahnna OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG You are a goddess!!!!!!!!!! If you didn't already own the store I would be buying you whatever world or venue you wanted. ANY SIZE LOT IN ANY WORLD????????? I've needed this for soooooo long. No more placing store lots into something bigger while I customize them then be stuck with the larger lot size when I save them back to the bin. :cookie::heart::cookie: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm all up for Roaring Heights or Dragon Valley :wink::wink::wink: Just kidding, haha.
    If you had said something earlier I could have told you about this mod because it's one of the few I've been using for a few years now. I always got annoyed when I wanted to reposition EA placed lots and I'd always loose the right lot size because they weren't in the options (why.. just why EA????) so one day I came across a video or article where they presented this mod and I think it's one of he most popular ones on ModTheSims but most people still don't seem to know about it. :open_mouth:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • jg2342arjg2342ar Posts: 457 Member
    Anyone else having issues with the ads? Mine just freeze and say that my ad will play shortly.... any advice?
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    jg2342ar wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with the ads? Mine just freeze and say that my ad will play shortly.... any advice?

Actually, I've got my ad mojo back recently. I've gotten a good 3k simpoints, however, I did have an ad drought for, like, a month. I still got ads but they would play and just stick there on the screen for almost an hour and then it would give me the points. I had to play those plummy ads during an episode of Supernatural whenever I had the time.

My advice is to keep at it and see if you get a run of ads someday, I suppose. I have no idea how I am getting these stream of ads, but I'm taking advantage as much as I can!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Nomiko13 lucky you! i didn't get a single ad yesterday, though i got ~100 sp just now.

@jg2342ar which country do you live in? just curious because i'm almost certain it's a regional thing too (from what i've seen on the forums, it sounds like those of us outside of the us seem to have more issues with ads and get fewer of them in general), especially since i'm also 90% sure that the free sp were only available in the us when the program first started.

another big difference is that i only gets ads in the middle of the day now, rather than after 10 pm (which was the case, prior to the forum maintenance), and i get less of them. i don't think the two are related, since they're different sites, but i have to wonder.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited May 2017
    @lauravonawesome and @Kylieb191 you're welcome. Had a nice run of ads yesterday and thought I'd have some fun. (Yes, Kylie, that was me. My store ID reflects a time when my ex-husband and I shared the account. He was the Joe half.)

Ah, been there with the rose bit and can't change it either, so i'm pretty much stuck with it on the sims 3 site but not here fortunately :).

With ads, I keep having to stay up until after 1:30 to get ads which is silly because when I leave until day time or evening they aren't there :|
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    edited May 2017
    @lauravonawesome I haven't seen any mods that completely disable the social groups but I have found mods that disable the head signs for when you level up in a group and I've seen a mod with a collection of packages to disable all University Life interactions in the home town as well as disabling the function to check for social group status on the phone.
    I also found this discussion on NRaas talking about editing groups and a woman listed a few instructions on how to affect the social groups in your town, I'll quote her instructions further down but she's speaking of using the two mods "Master Controller" and "Relativity". Latter one I have not heard of and no experience with but it seems like it's possible to prevent any further social influence gain with that mod. But unfortunately the mod to disable the annoying interactions does not seem to be compatible for version 1.69 of the game and the creator is no longer active. I have thought about going into that mod and see what changes she make to hopefully make the mod compatible for 1.69 but I'll see about that.

Link: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/73167668
    To remove existing social group influence skills from all sims:
    1. City Hall/Computer > NRaas > MC > Sim > Advanced > Skill Level
    2. Click the "x" to cancel the "Select Criteria" dialog
    3. Select (All) > Accept
    4. Select "Jock Influence", "Nerd Influence" and "Rebel Infuence" > Accept
    5. Enter "-1" for each one. Ignore the fact it says "Range: 0 to 10".

Then you need to remove any existing social group hidden traits from all sims that have them:
    1. City Hall/Computer > NRaas > MC > Sim > Advance > Traits > Change
    2. In the "Select Criteria" window, click "Trait" > Accept
    3. Sort the list by Type to bring the hidden (H) traits to the top
    4. Select "Jock", "Nerd" and "Rebel" > Accept
    5. Select each sim in list > Accept
    6. For each sim (named at top), sort the list by the "Value" column and look for "Jock", "Nerd" and "Rebel" traits where it says "Has" in that column then select them and > Accept
    7. Keep going until you've gone through all the sims. Once you've done the last one, the window will just disappear

To make sure they don't earn any more Social Influence Gain from now on:
    1. City Hall/Computer > NRaas > Relativity > Skill Gain Factors
    2. Select "Jock Influence" > Enter 0 > Accept
    3. Select "Nerd Influence" > Enter 0 > Accept
    4. Select "Rebel Influence" > Enter 0 > Accept
    5. Select "Social Networking" > Enter 0 > Accept
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    Thanks @Jahnna ~ will keep this one in mind if I ever decide to put mods back in my game. I just despise social groups so much, since they just kinda infect your whole town and there's no real way to prevent it.

If there were a button like the celebrity one (opt active household out of social group system) that's literally all EA had to do to keep this from being an annoyance.

Feeling kinda bad for all the people who shared accounts with exes and are now stuck with those names. I've sort of been there too~ my ex-boyfriend and I played wizard101 together for a bit and his account is still linked to my "family" of accounts, even though we've been split up for 5 years; when I spoke to the staff there, they wouldn't remove it and left me stuck with his account.

Then again, I suppose it could always be worse~ I could have his name tattooed on my body instead.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    LOL @lauravonawesome about the tattoo. I'm sure that is soooo true for some people. I'll say this much, the people I've dealt with at Origin have been very kind with the user ID thing. They've explained (consistently, cuz I tried more than once,) that after the conversion from original EA accounts to Origin accounts the EA user IDs became locked into the system and could not be changed by anyone. At least they were able to give me a knew ID here, even though it causes a little confusion when dealing with store accounts and in game activities, I'm grateful for this.

@jahnna, I'm a man of my word. If you still don't have Dragon Valley, just say the word. I've found a decently priced retail case on eBay. I'll order it and send you the code by Private Message. Seriously. I don't see any difference between that and gifting you with points that I bought with cash, which I know some people have done. And I really am that grateful for finding this out. Plus, I'd be thrilled to know I'm putting you that much closer to REALLY owning everything.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited May 2017
    Oh, and if anyone is looking for Barnacle Bay, it's available on eBay for about $5, which is what a lot of people think it's worth anyway. :D I haven't played it in years, so don't remember, but if you look at it as a stuff pack that happens to have a town, then $5 is pretty reasonable.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Oh, and if anyone is looking for Barnacle Bay, it's available on eBay for about $5, which is what a lot of people think it's worth anyway. :D I haven't played it in years, so don't remember, but if you look at it as a stuff pack that happens to have a town, then $5 is pretty reasonable.

I got mine for a buck plus shipping xD
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    edited May 2017
    @Jude525 This offer is too generous to decline it! I don't own Dragon Valley, Roaring Heights and Barnacle Bay because I don't have any money to spend on stuff like that :/ I had a conversation about that financial difficulty thing with @lauravonawesome, so if you offer is still up, I'm honestly too tempted and excited to turn it down. :no_mouth::sweat:
    holy crow @Jude525 , that is incredibly generous of you~ and congrats @Jahnna :)

i remember that conversation, and i know how hard it is. i'm hoping to be back at work soon, and i actually walked across my living room using my new cane instead of the walker. if i'm completely honest, it was less walking and more of an awkward dragging motion, but it was something. :) hopefully that means i can soon go back to work~ i have more x-rays on the 29th, but it seems to be healing nicely so far.

hugs to both of you, and to everyone else for being awesome :heart::cookie:
    (how is there no hug emote?!)

@jahnna, I'll private message you about the details.

@lauravonawesome I keep meaning you ask you: how did you break your ankle, and your foot last year? I've only ever broken my little toe. And there is no fun story; I stubbed it on a box helping my sister move. Thing took years to stop hurting. Oh, wait, and a couple fractured ribs from a fight. I guess that's a kinda interesting story, although it was a boring fight, he hit me and I walked away. Though if I'd known he'd broken my ribs I'd have gone for his nose. Those things took a year to heal too.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited May 2017
    @Jude525 that's horrible~ interesting story or not, i definitely feel your (literal and figurative) pain!

back in february, i was on my way to work when i slipped on some black ice. my foot turned outward and i landed on the inside of my ankle bone~ turns out i shattered it in 3 places and my joints and ligaments were so badly damaged that they may as well have been dust.

i never saw pictures until my most recent x-ray, where the surgeon showed me the 'before' picture compared to the one they'd just done... i was like, "go big or go home. my parents would be proud".

i try to have a sense of humour about it, but the whole thing has been absolutely horrible. if i had known that's how my 30s would start, i'd be like, nope, forget that.

(everyone's like, 'why didn't you brace yourself'~ truth told, it wouldn't have done any good, since my ankle was broken before i hit the ground.)

also just logged into my ts3 account and saw all the pretty things @charlotteprice gave me. infinite hugs & cookies, and thank you, from the bottom of my black little dragon heart :):heart::cookie:

edit: i derped. new top 5 here.

Interesting you should mention about the bracing yourself comments. Made me think of two things:

One, doctors now think that elderly people fall because their hips break, not the other way around. Everyone just always assumed they fell and the hip broke, but based on bone density of these patients the doctors suspect that the hip simply fails.

Two, when I fell recently I tried to catch myself. Well, my brain did, but my hands didn't respond. It was so weird. I was thinking "ok, reach for the kitchen counter" and I was looking at my hands and the kitchen counter. But my arms just didn't move. As I'm typing this I'm realizing that this may sound very frightening. And maybe I should be more frightened? But over the past, what, seven? years, I've gotten so used to my body doing weird things that I'm fascinated more often than I'm frightened.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5. :)

@Ahrimanian thanks for the They Don't Build em' Like They Used To Fireplace !!! <3

This fireplace is awesome. Thank you! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @TrevorJ and @charlotteprice for your gifts! <3<3<3 Hugs and cookies :cookie: for you both.

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • girlyswirlgirlyswirl Posts: 30 Member
    http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/girlyswirl
  • lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    @charlotteprice Thank you sooo much for showering me with 15 gifts. That was so sweet of you to do.
  • myrakiiimyrakiii Posts: 229 Member
    Top 5 list updated on page 1059!
    hey there! i'm peachy, a sims 4 player that loves making characters!
    cas youtube!
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited May 2017
    :flushed: You guys have been busy! My wishlist has decreased by twelve items! Twelve!!! Unfortunately, this also means I can't read all the messages (there were eighteen of those!), so I hope you didn't write a long, personalised message :grimace: Also, obviously most of these thanks aren't for gifts from my top 5 (since there are usually only five items in my top 5 :joy:), but I'd say they still deserve the same amount of acknowledgement :smile:

@Kylieb191 keeps pimping out my elders! :mrgreen: Thank you!

@lauravonawesome Thank you for the classy slippers! Gee, these elders are going to be so fancy! :smiley: I'm happy to hear you can kind of get around with the cane. The human body is quite amazing at recovering - seeing how this clearly severe injury occured only a couple of months ago I think your parents definitely should be proud :lol:

@MidnightAura Thank you for the table! I hope to find a good place for it in a future build/renovation - it looks so nice!

@Jude525 Thank you so much for the telescope! I wonder if those oddly shaped legs serve any practical purpose? :hushed: And it's so generous of you to gift Dragon Valley to @Jahnna. I hope they will enjoy it and that you will enjoy the mod - trust me, it's amazing! Makes all of your wet, lot-sized dreams come true! :joy:

And lastly... *sigh* @charlotteprice, we've talked about this... Nine items! You are trying to give me a heart attack, aren't you?! Once more your generosity has caught me at a loss for words! Thank you so, so much! :mrgreen:

Whew... I hope I didn't miss anyone. Please give me a moment while I try to sort out a new top 5 :lol:

Edit: I totally didn't forget to update my top 5... :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by LillaGrisen on
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • rebekah_lindseyrebekah_lindsey Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you @Kylieb191 and @lauravonawesome for the advise! I'm new at all this so you guys were really helpful(: I'll definitely go back and edit my list. Thanks again(:
    @LillaGrisen @rebekah_lindsey you are both very welcome. :) and thank you to @Schwuschbingbang for the beautiful romantique double bed :heart::cookie:

top 5 updated!

@Jude525 that sounds scary, and it definitely must have been for you. glad you're okay though.

• rebekah_lindseyrebekah_lindsey Posts: 27 Member
    Hey @lauravonawesome quick question.... How do I edit my list post? Or do I just have to make a new comment with the different list?