Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Release Date

Has anyone seen any info on when TSM will be released worldwide?

Comments

• LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited May 2017
    all i know is you can get it on android at the moment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.gp.simsmobile&hl=en

which sucks for me since i use ios :/

edit: how is S.ucks a bad word??
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member

which plum for me since i use ios :/

Actually, if you live in Brazil, you can download and play it now. Otherwise you can't.
    I have an android, but I don't live in Brazil, so I can't download it.
    I'm waiting for that game!
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Has anyone seen any info on when TSM will be released worldwide?

I don't know the first thing about game development or marketing, but from what I've seen a soft launch is similar to beta testing(?) so it could be a while before a worldwide release, especially as there are already quite a few bugs being reported.

I do hope it's not a long wait though, it looks like such a cute game! Grrr why am I always the last to get to play...
    @EgonVM look up the link i gave in your browser on your phone if you have android
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @EgonVM look up the link i gave in your browser on your phone if you have android

The link won't work unless your device is registered to a country they have it released in. I went to the link and it told me my device isn't registered to the correct country for the app.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Oh well, time to bank down my excitement and prepare to wait another couple months. Back to the Sim's 4 forum to see what's happening with that gamepack. :p
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    I do hope it's not a long wait though, it looks like such a cute game! Grrr why am I always the last to get to play...

I played a little of it today (shhh... don't ask me how ;) ). You're right. It's absolutely adorable. The sims look like cute little doll people and there are lots of cute animations and fanfare when you earn coins and level up. I would post screenshots. The problem is that what I got seems to be the demo version, so it's heavily pixelated.

EiFlric.png

I did that earlier! I knew it won't work.
    It's quite embarrassing to know that I've failed to explain that this game is only released in the Brazil.
    And I won't change the country either! Not only because I don't know how, but I just want to get in when it's released worldwide.
    EgonVM wrote: »

I did that earlier! I knew it won't work.
    It's quite embarrassing to know that I've failed to explain that this game is only released in the Brazil.
    And I won't change the country either! Not only because I don't know how, but I just want to get in when it's released worldwide.

I tried using a VPN to change my location to Brazil, but even that didn't work! So I guess we'll all just have to wait, and hopefully they'll have ironed out the bugs by the time it's released for real.
  • King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member

My Samsung tablet isn't compatible with this version :(

The reason is that you don't live in Brazil. Wait for some days. When everybody in the world can download it, you can download it, too.
    Bear with us, @King4510411 !
    edited May 2017
    then i wonder how others are getting copies and why they have the English version on there false advertising if you ask me
    then i wonder how others are getting copies and why they have the English version on there false advertising if you ask me

It's a soft-release. I don't know what it means, but it seems like there are a lot of bugs there right now (Like invisible body parts).
    But when it's released worldwide, androids, iphones, ipads ect can download this game and enjoy it with less bugs.

It's a soft-release. I don't know what it means, but it seems like there are a lot of bugs there right now (Like invisible body parts).
    But when it's released worldwide, androids, iphones, ipads ect can download this game and enjoy it with less bugs.

I think it also means not all of the gameplay has been added, so when it finally does release I'd imagine there'll be more to interact with in the world (object-wise) as well as more colour swatches, more outfits, more objects and more things in general.

I think a soft-launch is basically to just test the waters, let players have a feel of the game and report back any missed bugs, they also use the time to test telemetry and see how many people use the micro transactions.
    And I hope action times will be shorter.
    2 minutes on toilet? Are you kidding me?
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    And I hope action times will be shorter.
    2 minutes on toilet? Are you kidding me?

Maybe they are taking an "angry poop"? :D
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

I think it also means not all of the gameplay has been added, so when it finally does release I'd imagine there'll be more to interact with in the world (object-wise) as well as more colour swatches, more outfits, more objects and more things in general.

I think a soft-launch is basically to just test the waters, let players have a feel of the game and report back any missed bugs, they also use the time to test telemetry and see how many people use the micro transactions.
    There are more possible reasons to why they have chosen a soft launch instead of just releasing it in all countries at the same time and maybe also for both iOS and android. But my reaction was to think of the problems with SimCity 2013 where they ran into huge problems with the server's capacity when many more gamers than expected attempted to logon at the same time. So maybe that is the reason why they chose to be more cautious this time ;)

Other reasons could be that especially the iOS version but also other languages for the game aren't ready yet. But I would still expect especially the android version to be only very few days away from being available everywhere.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

There are more possible reasons to why they have chosen a soft launch instead of just releasing it in all countries at the same time and maybe also for both iOS and android. But my reaction was to think of the problems with SimCity 2013 where they ran into huge problems with the server's capacity when many more gamers than expected attempted to logon at the same time. So maybe that is the reason why they chose to be more cautious this time ;)

Other reasons could be that especially the iOS version but also other languages for the game aren't ready yet. But I would still expect especially the android version to be only very few days away from being available everywhere.

The game is very buggy right now. I live in Brazil. Some stuff don't even work, like timed deals, and it crashes if you play too much or interact with stuff too quick. Just today a new feature was added to select the conversation type, which didn't exist when it launched.
    Erpe wrote: »

The game is very buggy right now. I live in Brazil. Some stuff don't even work, like timed deals, and it crashes if you play too much or interact with stuff too quick. Just today a new feature was added to select the conversation type, which didn't exist when it launched.

Really? Hmmm... I'd rather wait than try to get it now...
    Thank you for the information.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

The reason is that you don't live in Brazil. Wait for some days. When everybody in the world can download it, you can download it, too.
    Bear with us, @King4510411 !
    Yup my Samsung phone and tablet are both not compatible.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I have a feeling it will be released worldwide on Tuesday. I hope next week...
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I have a feeling it will be released worldwide on Tuesday. I hope next week...
    My first idea was something like that too. But after reading articles about what a soft launch is and why more and more companies now soft launch their f2p games it now seems that this isn't likely to happen at all. An example is the article on http://www.gamedonia.com/blog/ways-to-soft-launch-your-free-to-play-game which advises that a game planned to be released after 12 months should soft launch already after 6 months. We don't know if EA agrees with this though. But we are probably months away from the worldwide official launch anyway :neutral:
  • Nikita1819Nikita1819 Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="EgonVM;c-15747212"][quote="MelissaStarbees;c-15747151"]all i know is you can get it on android at the moment

which plum for me since i use ios :/ [/quote]

Actually, if you live in Brazil, you can download and play it now. Otherwise you can't.
    I have an android, but I don't live in Brazil, so I can't download it.
    I'm waiting for that game![/quote]
  • Nikita1819Nikita1819 Posts: 8 New Member
    IT IS NOW AVAILABLE ON ANDROID AND IOS ON THE BRAZIL STORE