Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crazy Stories

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    One time I went to a friend's house and was visiting. I was a teenager at the time and curfew was approaching ( I always hated curfew). It was a little after 11 and I asked my friend to sleep over and he agreed. I looked in the yard the second after he agreed to the sleepover the police were in the street ready to bust me. The police disappeared after that.

I always found the curfew annoying.
    I recently got fed up with the high autonomy of my sims when I tried to force them to do something, so I switched my game to low autonomy. When doing so, my sims stood around my house like a bunch of zombies and allowed themselves to get hungry and smelly. When I initiated a party, they just stood on my porch and talked in a huge crowd. I changed it back to high autonomy.
    I bought the italian pizza oven and the baking station. My sims have had a nasty habit of cooking new items on both despite there being more than plenty leftovers. I had the same problem with the fryer. I had to take all three away and put them in the family inventory at least until we use up those leftovers. It is funny how I have to take away appliances to make my sims behave.
    Here is a story from The Sims 2. I made my family as well as my grandma and aunt. Time passed and my sims have had autonomous interactions and eventually I noticed that my mom and my aunt have become mortal enemies. They get along in real life. The two would have physical fights and have at eachother. I had to keep after them and I eventually reversed the enemy status. A similar situation happened in another family in that game. TS2 is a lot of work.
    This one is kind of freaky. I made a sim family which saved to the sim bin. It consisted of a grandma, her son (adult), her grandson (young adult), her grandson's girlfriend, and their child who is a toddler. I had played them in Roaring Heights and then time passed so I started a new family. I made a Friends style household in a different city which consisted of the grandson and a bunch of other new people.
    Here is where it gets weird. I sent the grandson to the tattoo shop from ambitions and the tattoo artist that spawned is the grandmother from the other world! She still spawns there. He got the tattoo. I was kind of weirded out by this grandma thing. Maybe she spawned because she is in the bin? She even kept her name.
    This one is kind of freaky. I made a sim family which saved to the sim bin. It consisted of a grandma, her son (adult), her grandson (young adult), her grandson's girlfriend, and their child who is a toddler. I had played them in Roaring Heights and then time passed so I started a new family. I made a Friends style household in a different city which consisted of the grandson and a bunch of other new people.
    Here is where it gets weird. I sent the grandson to the tattoo shop from ambitions and the tattoo artist that spawned is the grandmother from the other world! She still spawns there. He got the tattoo. I was kind of weirded out by this grandma thing. Maybe she spawned because she is in the bin? She even kept her name.

Maybe. Long ago I made a simself family and a copy of the same simself family appeared in town by itself so I had copies of the same sims. So I guess it's just a glitch.

That is pretty strange. I never heard of that happening.
    I'm not sure why this happening but every night when it is 1 oclock I hear the ghost music, despite there not being any ghosts on or near my lot. No tombstones either.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Anyone for a crazy burglar story?

One night it was raining. A burglar snuck onto the lot and the alarm sounded. A police officer arrived, but since it was raining, all she did was get out of her car, open an umbrella, and stand there in the rain. After a few moments of awkwardly standing around, caught between the house and an umbrella-wielding cop, the burglar opened her own umbrella and ran off.

No, Miss Police Officer, you don't get to tell me that "the burglar was able to get away" when all you did was stand next to your car.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    HARIBOWS wrote: »
    Mine's kind of crazy because it freaked me out. When I first started playing Sims I made me and my boyfriend. When the dishwasher in their house broke, he attempted to repair it and got electrocuted. I tried it again (didn't really know what I was doing then) and this time he died. Needless to say, I saved without exiting and never played those Sims again. Then about a year later by boyfriend actually got a nasty electric shock up his arm from our dodgy old toaster. He was fine but his arm was sore for a few days.

I know it wasn't the same object and it was quite a while later, but it still kind of freaked me out. :o
    Ooo-er! Like the game was predicting the future.

I only ever played my rl family as sims once, and I stopped very quickly as it was just too weird.

Here's my crazy(ish) story:

A while ago I had been watching lots of Little House On The Prairie and decided to make them in ts3. I wanted to mainly follow Laura Ingalls life.

Anyway, I spent ages making the house and the family and their pet dog etc, I played them for a little while and was just progressing further when a random meteorite dropped on Laura's head, right outside their house. I had no idea that kids could be killed... I was totally shocked. I was tempted to quit without saving, but that is something I just never do so I carried on... The family went to bed for the night, then suddenly Ma Ingalls gets back up and randomly goes running outside, I wasn't taking much notice until she started floating up into the sky... and off she went in an alien spaceship.

Needless to say, my story did not go according to plan :D
    I've only had a meteorite come down at my sim once in my game and of course it was when my legacy founder was just starting out and the majority of her stuff was on the lawn. She lost like half of her belongings. Smh.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm not sure why this happening but every night when it is 1 oclock I hear the ghost music, despite there not being any ghosts on or near my lot. No tombstones either.
    That's what they want you to think >:)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    My current sim's first house had a fenced in yard with no gate. The only access to the yard was though the house. A burglar came to her house, and was spawned inside the yard. The burglar went through the house and out the front door, without stealing anything, and set off the burglar alarm just outside the front door. I assume he had to go inside the house through the front door before he could steal anything, but after that I put an alarm beside the back door too.

My sim moved to a new, much larger house later. On her very first night in her new home, a burglar came. As soon as he got into the first part of the yard through the celebrity gate, the alarm on the front of the house went off. He ran through the inner gate, to the main part of the yard, ran under the deck of the second story main floor entry, all the way to the back of the house, where there is another burglar alarm, near the sliding glass door to the ground level basement, and set off that alarm too. He waited there for the police to come. After the police officer sent him out to the patrol car, the officer changed into his swimwear, and climbed up on the pool slide to slide into my sim's pool. He acted like he was afraid, got off the slide and changed into his everyday outfit, without ever actually getting into the pool, went out to the patrol car and told the burglar to wait by the car, then went into my sim's house to check it, then finally took the burglar away in the patrol car.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    My current sim's first house had a fenced in yard with no gate. The only access to the yard was though the house. A burglar came to her house, and was spawned inside the yard. The burglar went through the house and out the front door, without stealing anything, and set off the burglar alarm just outside the front door. I assume he had to go inside the house through the front door before he could steal anything, but after that I put an alarm beside the back door too.

My sim moved to a new, much larger house later. On her very first night in her new home, a burglar came. As soon as he got into the first part of the yard through the celebrity gate, the alarm on the front of the house went off. He ran through the inner gate, to the main part of the yard, ran under the deck of the second story main floor entry, all the way to the back of the house, where there is another burglar alarm, near the sliding glass door to the ground level basement, and set off that alarm too. He waited there for the police to come. After the police officer sent him out to the patrol car, the officer changed into his swimwear, and climbed up on the pool slide to slide into my sim's pool. He acted like he was afraid, got off the slide and changed into his everyday outfit, without ever actually getting into the pool, went out to the patrol car and told the burglar to wait by the car, then went into my sim's house to check it, then finally took the burglar away in the patrol car.

Nice! I have moved a family into a city in the past and have had a burglar come the first night. I can't remember if I had an alarm or not. For a while I had a sim who worked in the criminal career and I didn't realize if you have a sim who is a criminal, a burglar will not show up. It kind of takes away from the excitement.
    I've been getting lots of date requests on the game. Two of my sims were asked on a date with separate people. They both got to their dates while I was watching one date, I had my active sim as the one at the other date. I clicked on the date and told her to greet him, but I did not know I told the sim from the other date to come and greet this other date. Before I realized what was going on, it was too late. So for the other guy, I ruined his date... and it was with Anne T. Septik too. Darn it.
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    One time I went to a friend's house and was visiting. I was a teenager at the time and curfew was approaching ( I always hated curfew). It was a little after 11 and I asked my friend to sleep over and he agreed. I looked in the yard the second after he agreed to the sleepover the police were in the street ready to bust me. The police disappeared after that.

I always found the curfew annoying.

Not that crazy but had something similar happen to my Sim. My teen was right across the street at her Aunt and grandma's house visiting..
    Got a curfew notice and ignored it because we were all inside playing dominoes.
    Cops show up at grandma's and literally drive me across the street and then my teen hot grounded by her mom. :D
    rednenemon wrote: »
    Under the spoilers cut because this gets a bit long.
    I don't know if I would call this crazy, just weird.

Anyone who's played Riverview likely know about the Jones household (Aiden and his wife Hannah). The weird part involves them.

During the 'sort of' legacy I'm playing right now, at some point in Gen 2 or 3 (I forget now), Hannah dies of old age. This confuses me, since I thought Aiden is older than her (he could be younger though).

He also is an Elder at this point, but for some reason, he would not die. Keep in mind that he has great-grandchildren now. (when I play the game, any Sims I have usually die before the great-grandchildren are born) His children get older and reach Elder stage themselves. Some of them end up going via old age.

And still he refuses to die. Keep in mind that at this point, he is well past the Elder age bar filling up. By this time, I just figured he's become functionally immortal, if he's outlived both his wife and several of his kids.

So I finally just turned him into a fairy and made him young again. Now he probably will never die.
    Speaking of legacy, there's a strange phenomenon that's been going on in my legacy's main bloodline.

Each time a generation is born, at least one child is blonde. Note that neither parent has blonde hair: I've stuck to brunettes and redheads. But every generation has had at least one blonde child.

This annoys me, because I don't ever choose a 'mutant' child as the Generation's heir. It has to be one of the non-mutant ones. This has also occurred with twins: One twin will have the dreaded blonde hair, while the other greatly resembles one of the parents.

Now, as of this writing, Gen 4 is pregnant, and the father of her child is blond, so blonde hair is expected this time. Therefore, if Gen 4's child has a hair color that matches neither of them, I'm going to be extremely peeved, and under the impression that my legacy main line is cursed.

I got brown hair with pink highlights, a HUGE head and black eyes..
    Mom has red hair and green eyes and dad has brown hair and blue eyes.
    Grandparents had brown/blue and red/green on mom's side and dad is from CAS.
    Mutations are ridiculous sometimes. I think I'll turn up the genetic blending in NRAAS.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    I've been getting lots of date requests on the game. Two of my sims were asked on a date with separate people. They both got to their dates while I was watching one date, I had my active sim as the one at the other date. I clicked on the date and told her to greet him, but I did not know I told the sim from the other date to come and greet this other date. Before I realized what was going on, it was too late. So for the other guy, I ruined his date... and it was with Anne T. Septik too. Darn it.

Speaking of dates and stuff, my virtuoso sim used to live in Sunset Valley, and I'd make him play guitar for tips outside the theatre on weekends. He picked up so many admirers at once, some were even married Sims! I later moved him to Isla Paradiso, where my other Sims were, so I could have all my Sims in one place. He still picks up admirers from playing guitar, but not as many. I wonder why.
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    This is a rather weird "story" which happend just a few hours ago. I have the Nraas Story Progression mod. I got a message saying that Skip Broke has developed a pretty bad trait because he's been hanging out with some not-so-nice people.
    New trait developed: Perfectionist. :D

Speaking of dates and stuff, my virtuoso sim used to live in Sunset Valley, and I'd make him play guitar for tips outside the theatre on weekends. He picked up so many admirers at once, some were even married Sims! I later moved him to Isla Paradiso, where my other Sims were, so I could have all my Sims in one place. He still picks up admirers from playing guitar, but not as many. I wonder why.

Fangirls! That's pretty realistic actually. Hopefully they send you some good gifts.
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    This is a rather weird "story" which happend just a few hours ago. I have the Nraas Story Progression mod. I got a message saying that Skip Broke has developed a pretty bad trait because he's been hanging out with some not-so-nice people.

That actually makes a lot of sence to me. In my univercity class there are a girl and a boy who want everybody to know thay they have the perfectionist trait. And let me tell you, they are so far from any decent polite behavior, its terrible.
    This is a good one. I must have downloaded a sim family years ago from the exchange and they must have sat idle in the bin for all these years. Just a month ago, I looked through the sim bin and found two male sims (on separate occasions). One ended up in another household and the other ended up in my active household. So I found this sim family I mentioned before in the bin and placed them in my world. I take one look at this new family and they look oddly familiar! The two male sims in that family are the ones that I picked from the bin, but wearing different outfits. I couldn't believe it. See the picture. The one on the right is Matthew Cassini and he is from my active house. The one on the left is Paul Wilcott who is from the bin family. Matthew Cassini came from the bin with that outfit, but he did not have a name, so I did name him. I did not change Paul's clothing.
    Screenshot-775_zpslba6sb5u.jpg?t=1494543158

The other sim is Dean Winchester. I placed the modified Dean Winchester in his own house in Aurora Skies and then I started a new family in Twinbrook and unknowingly placed the original Dean Winchester along with his family in his house. I didn't change either Dean's clothing either. It just worked that way. The real Dean is wearing all white.
    Screenshot-802_zpsmrdtmuev.jpg?t=1494543313
    Screenshot-799_zps20mjhgjg.jpg?t=1494543348
    Jemkatk wrote: »
    Not that crazy but had something similar happen to my Sim. My teen was right across the street at her Aunt and grandma's house visiting..
    Got a curfew notice and ignored it because we were all inside playing dominoes.
    Cops show up at grandma's and literally drive me across the street and then my teen hot grounded by her mom. :D
    I would have the same exact problem. They should have had a stipulation that you can actually stay at grandma's house. I wish they set up the game so that grandma would act like family instead of some stranger. For example if you pull food out of grandma's refrigerator, she would get offended because she is considered the same as some random stranger.
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    budewarmin wrote: »
    dorcsyful wrote: »

That actually makes a lot of sence to me. In my univercity class there are a girl and a boy who want everybody to know thay they have the perfectionist trait. And let me tell you, they are so far from any decent polite behavior, its terrible.

But they didn't become perfectionists because they are rude. Skip used to be my kid's BFF (until he grew up, since then it's rather awkward) and he was pretty nice and polite. Now because he's been hanging out with some bad people, he's become a perfectionist.
    edited May 2017
    Well my household just suffered its first meteor attack. I have owned the game since 2011, added ambitions back in 2014 and have never had a meteor attack ever. I got the message saying that the sky has gotten dark and I, being unaware to the situation did not move any of my sims. I didn't even realize it was a meteor until right before the attack. I honestly thought it was some kind of crazy sims thing going on. Meanwhile all the neighbors run to my house standing just out of the kill shadow of the meteor. So my simself and my favorite sim get killed in this, while everyone else was fine. Not fair! So I quit the game without saving. If this ever happens again, I am going to direct all of my sims to leave the lot.

This occurred in Twinbrook. Is Twinbrook more prone to these meteors?
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    One time, the game turned against me. I kid you not.

I had an heiress I had been playing for almost two years. I liked her so much that I even had her take the age-freeze potion to stop aging in the middle adulthood span. Clearly my game wanted her dead. Whenever I lit the fireplace, house fires broke out and she always died. Most times I had just saved, so I would just quit the game without saving and restart. When I decided to get rid of the fireplaces. She as abducted by aliens, electrocuted, and struck by lightning. I even had to have a family member resurrect her after she died suddenly.

Eventually I got tired of fighting death and began playing someone else. But it was infinitely annoying!