Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clearing up trolling about Sims Mobile

Comments

• dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't think we will agree on this though, so this is my last comment on that.
    No, I'll give you that, it doesn't have more. I was wrong. I'm still annoyed about the assets it has that the PC game doesn't, but I'm sure the best ones might be translated over to the PC game in time.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    :mrgreen:

It looks like TS4... :lol:

This game also doesn't interest me at all and so it doesn't bother me if others want to rant about it. Ranting dies down if it's not feed... especially if they try it, are given real information.. and whatever.

If you didn't post your rant on their rant, well, you're just ranting where there was really not much reason other than to rant for yourself- imo.
    You must need a hug but all they have here are cookies- :cookies:

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." Epictetus
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2017
    No, I'll give you that, it doesn't have more. I was wrong. I'm still annoyed about the assets it has that the PC game doesn't, but I'm sure the best ones might be translated over to the PC game in time.

That could turn out to be a real advantage of the new mobile game for the PC game. If visual and animation assets (which from what I can see so far, though I haven't caught up on Twitter this aft) can be shared across the two platforms, both earning money, maybe there's more that both groups of players can get. Just sometimes one platform might get something first, sometimes the other, and sometimes there might be things that never do make it across.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

That could turn out to be a real advantage of the new mobile game for the PC game. If visual and animation assets (which from what I can see so far, though I haven't caught up on Twitter this aft) can be shared across the two platforms, both earning money, maybe there's more that both groups of players can get. Just sometimes one platform might get something first, sometimes the other, and sometimes there might be things that never do make it across.

True, IMO the mobile game will go on to see a more diverse 'gameplay' selection though. It's cheaper to develop content for the mobile game whether it be animations, or low poly models, I can see it getting lots of updates.

The issue there really boils down to the aesthetic that was borrowed from Sims 4, as well as the assets that were converted to the mobile game. If there weren't so many direct similarities between the two games there wouldn't be an issue with what content came to what platform. EA should have invested more in unique assets, but again it was probably cheaper to reuse what was already available.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @dreamprisoner If you are not happy with TS4, I can understand that it can be frustrating to learn about a similar game with new stuff and things to do. I am not interested in a mobile TS game. I looked at some YT videos and read the comments of fellow simmers who tried the mobile game and it is not for me. Being a barrista for example looks incredibly tedious and it is not a career that interests me at all.
    But I guess the biggest difference is that I actually like TS4, so it does not bother me that you can do things in Sims Mobile you cannot do in TS4. Apart from the content that EA provides, I can add game mods and CC. I can play as many households as I like in as many saves I like. I can speed up the game whenever I want and use cheats, if I so desire. TS4 is clearly the superior gaming experience, at least for what I want in a TS game. I am sorry that you do not feel that way. Maybe Sims Mobile is the game for you?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

True, IMO the mobile game will go on to see a more diverse 'gameplay' selection though. It's cheaper to develop content for the mobile game whether it be animations, or low poly models, I can see it getting lots of updates.

The issue there really boils down to the aesthetic that was borrowed from Sims 4, as well as the assets that were converted to the mobile game. If there weren't so many direct similarities between the two games there wouldn't be an issue with what content came to what platform. EA should have invested more in unique assets, but again it was probably cheaper to reuse what was already available.

Yep. And some things that could be fun in a casual mobile game environment might be less fun in the more immersive PC environment, so they might never find their way this direction. People talk about the sewing machine, for example. That could be fun in the PC version if it came with a full 10-level skill, a big range of sewables (some with mistakes, she says recalling some of her own extremely plum attempts at sewing), a branched career, a matching modelling career, etc. Also I'd be annoyed if it didn't have fail-state animation that was fun to watch close up - at a level that you might never see in a mobile game (I'm looking at you, horrendous tangle of thread and fabric and quite possibly my hand but thank goodness that part never actually happened). (For the record, I no longer own a sewing machine.)

I'm optimistic that the mobile game could be good for the PC game, more so as I think about it more. But I hope that stuff doesn't get held back from either game just because two games exist. That wouldn't be good for either game, I don't think. A game should have a chance to reach its potential, even if that means a few people are occasionally jealous that a medium they don't play on has a thing they don't have.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    I'm optimistic that the mobile game could be good for the PC game, more so as I think about it more. But I hope that stuff doesn't get held back from either game just because two games exist. That wouldn't be good for either game, I don't think. A game should have a chance to reach its potential, even if that means a few people are occasionally jealous that a medium they don't play on has a thing they don't have.

Agreed. I do think there are aspects about it which could be positive, favourite features may be carried over across games. It probably also means more Sims 4 packs and content, as the Sims Mobile re-uses Sims 4 assets. So they promote each other. As well as it reaching out to mobile users and getting them interested in Sims 4.
    Maybe Sims Mobile is the game for you?
    I'd find it interesting to know how you came to that conclusion from me saying 'I'd like confess affair to be added to Sims 4'? Clearly wanting new content for Sims 4 means I don't enjoy the game, by your logic.
    @dreamprisoner I can confirm that my impression was that something is hindering you from enjoying the game. Perhaps because you seemed upset about different content in a different game. Personally, if I am happy with something it does not bother me if someone else gets something similar that offers a different experience. For example, if I have a delicious pizza in front of me I would not be bothered by someone being served a tasty burger. Or if I was going out with a great guy I would not wonder if my friend's boyfriend just might be a bit better.
    If you wanting new content does not hinder you from enjoying the game, that's great. I drew the wrong conclusion, my apologies.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
    edited May 2017
    For example, if I have a delicious pizza in front of me I would not be bothered by someone being served a tasty burger. Or if I was going out with a great guy I would not wonder if my friend's boyfriend just might be a bit better.

I think that is slightly, no, largely a different situation. Unless you think satisfaction with a game is the same satisfaction you have with food, or a boyfriend. I wouldn't want expansions for a boyfriend. The mobile game is essentially Sims 4 - mobile. Yet it gets things Sims 4 players have been asking for, but before them. If you want to use metaphors, its like paying to reserve a hotel room, and then when its finally vacant, you go and find the hotel have given it to someone else. Sure, they tell you that you might get it in the future, but nevertheless, you asked for it first and invested in it, and so its only fair that you get it first.
    We just have very different views on this and will never agree. To me, it is not like someone taking the hotel room I paid for(!), because it is a completely different gaming experience. If you are happier with hotel rooms, I will explain my view using those: I reserved and paid for a hotel room in a five star hotel with all the amenities. I stay there, it's cool. Someone else gets a room in a motel, which also has a bed. I am not mad. I paid for a different experience and I got a different experience.

we all try ...
    edited May 2017
    We just have very different views on this and will never agree.

I reserved and paid for a hotel room in a five star hotel with all the amenities. I stay there, it's cool. Someone else gets a room in a motel, which also has a bed. I am not mad. I paid for a different experience and I got a different experience.
    For one, I already agreed with you and said I was wrong,
    No, I'll give you that, it doesn't have more. I was wrong.
    Only to have you tell me that
    I guess the biggest difference is that I actually like TS4. Maybe Sims Mobile is the game for you?
    Secondly, I explicitly said in my first comment
    I don't even mind that it re-uses Sims 4 assets.
    So comparing it to me being angry someone has the same bed as I do, is completely illogical.

You're forgetting that We were asking for these features, didn't get them, but someone else did. As in, I paid for a hotel, but it didn't have a bed, so I requested a bed which never arrived. Then the next day someone else pays the same price for a room in the same hotel, and gets a bed.
    I already apologized for assuming you were not a happy simmer, so I am not going to do that again. I just see it differently. I do not feel like something was taken from me or something is being withheld from the game I enjoy - and you enjoy as well, I know that now. So just ignore all the rest of my comments, after all what do I know about you and your gaming experience? Nothing.

we all try ...
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yet it gets things Sims 4 players have been asking for, but before them.

How are mobile players getting what "Sims 4 players have been asking for" when those things you are so hung up on have no gameplay in SM outside of "click here for coins?" You can't even really "play careers" in SM. All they amount to is completing as many tasks as possible within a five minute window to grind up levels and unlock objects and additional gameplay. Are you really trying to say that what passes for a career and object interactions in SM is what TS4 players have been asking for?
    If you want to use metaphors, its like paying to reserve a hotel room, and then when its finally vacant, you go and find the hotel have given it to someone else.

It's not like that. But here's what your reaction is like metaphorically.

You check into a world class hotel that comes with state of the art accommodations--satellite TV and WiFi, round the clock hotel service with caviar, champagne, free massages, sauna and olympic-sized pool. You then pitch a fit because your heard that this hotel chain also runs a cheap $25/night motel down the street that has no WiFi, basic cable and no room service but offers free pretzels and beer and darts. And you make it seem as if the people of the motel are getting so much more than you're getting it because the world class hotel doesn't serve these things.
    EiFlric.png
    Lol! Such good vibes here. Such... great sharing of opinions and letting others share how they feel. Yep~ :mask:

I understand how you all feel and yet it in no way diminishes the way anyone else should feel about. They feel cheated, the others don't. We have Feels. No need to make them feel bad about being disappointed or not. :sigh:
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Are you really trying to say that what passes for a career and object interactions in SM is what TS4 players have been asking for?
    No, and I haven't. But people were asking for more in-depth reactions and interactions around affairs, mobile game got it, we haven't. I've said this. I was going to leave it alone when I said that Netz was right that there weren't as many things in the mobile game as there are in the PC game, but that I was still annoyed about the 'Confess affair' etc. I think I'm entitled to be annoyed about that.

I mean really that excuse could be used for everything. If the mobile game got great in depth teens, should I be happy about it because they're the poor mobile users who have to put up with real time (which is how the game intends to get profit, just like we have to pay for packs) and a small screen, whereas we're the luxury PC game users who should be happy with what we have and never want for anything that the mobile game has.
    I probably should leave it alone, because I am obviously expressing myself poorly, but I actually understand what you are saying. It's just that I had a look at the mobile game and everything in that game is really two-dimensional and ... mobiley. The careers are extremely repetitive (click-click-gather coins) and so are the social interactions. Adding the same things to TS4 would be a lot more complex. I understand that what the mobile game has sounds cool, but I expect a lot of more effort to go into implementing anything like a fashion career or an interaction of "confess affair" to go into my PC game. So I do not feel cheated, because to me no real effort went into it and it is what it is by name alone.
    To me this year started out great with toddlers, vampires and the bowling pack, which I still adore for its CAS and BB (still could not care less about bowling even if I tried), so I am looking forward to the new game pack, which is coming soon. And there will definitely be some additions for teenagers, that's for sure.
    I am also waiting for a few things that are important to me in TS4 ... slow dancing, gift giving and a new vacation spot (pretty please) ... but I do not get the pretty wide-spread outrage and emotional outbursts on the forum about this mobile game.

we all try ...
    I probably should leave it alone, because I am obviously expressing myself poorly, but I actually understand what you are saying. It's just that I had a look at the mobile game and everything in that game is really two-dimensional and ... mobiley. The careers are extremely repetitive (click-click-gather coins) and so are the social interactions. Adding the same things to TS4 would be a lot more complex. I understand that what the mobile game has sounds cool, but I expect a lot of more effort to go into implementing anything like a fashion career or an interaction of "confess affair" to go into my PC game. So I do not feel cheated, because to me no real effort went into it and it is what it is by name alone.
    To me this year started out great with toddlers, vampires and the bowling pack, which I still adore for its CAS and BB (still could not care less about bowling even if I tried), so I am looking forward to the new game pack, which is coming soon. And there will definitely be some additions for teenagers, that's for sure.
    I am also waiting for a few things that are important to me in TS4 ... slow dancing, gift giving and a new vacation spot (pretty please) ... but I do not get the pretty wide-spread outrage and emotional outbursts on the forum about this mobile game.

That's pretty much how I felt about TS4 and I'm still waiting for it to get what I might enjoy in the game. :lol:

The thing is- I don't see a big deal being made out if it. Just some people sharing their feelings and views and opinions. Plus, you actually don't have to "Get" anything. I don't have to "Get" why people actually like TS4~ They do and I don't. I can Still share my disappointment and hopes for the game while others share their game play. :)

edited May 2017
    Are you really trying to say that what passes for a career and object interactions in SM is what TS4 players have been asking for?
    No, and I haven't. But people were asking for more in-depth reactions and interactions around affairs, mobile game got it, we haven't.

I understand completely. No matter how many times people explain to you that there are no in-depth social interactions or gameplay in Sims Mobile and that everything boils down to "click on sim to gain coins and points," you have decided to believe in the fantasy that mobile players are getting so much more than you are.

Since you're not willing to accept reality, there's absolutely nothing I can do or say at this point, so I won't any further.
    EiFlric.png
    Rflong7 wrote: »

That's pretty much how I felt about TS4 and I'm still waiting for it to get what I might enjoy in the game. :lol:

Cool, good luck with that!

we all try ...
    edited May 2017
    you have decided to believe in the fantasy that mobile players are getting so much more than you are.
    Since you're not willing to accept reality, there's absolutely nothing I can do or say at this point, so I won't any further.

I think saying I'm 'not willing to accept reality' is a bit far.

Like I've said, I agreed with Netz already. I've explicitly said that I was wrong in saying the mobile gives players more than the PC game. I even liked her latest post (and again, was going to leave it at that).
    it doesn't have more. I was wrong.

I'm also not telling you to dislike the mobile game, I just don't appreciate being associated with a 'troll', 'taking a troll's bait' or being 'unable to accept reality' by being annoyed that the mobile game got 'confess affair' when we haven't.
  • BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    edited May 2017
    Bonnie wrote: »
    My issue with the Sims Mobile game is general fact that it's a pay to win game, and I have serious issues with pay to win games.

You've obviously downloaded Sims Mobile like I did yesterday and therefore have some experience to back up your claim that it's "pay to win." Can you explain how it's "pay to win," given what you've played? Some specifics would be nice.

Thanks.

I'd class any mobile game with more than one transaction to unlock content (which is unavailable through regular play, I agree with micro-transactions for skins and the like), skip past achievements and goals as pay to win. Someone well off could happily spend up to £50 a week on this micro-transaction game. With that money they can not only buy things to rush past what was supposed to be the bones of the game (talking to people, using the toilet, cooking, etc) they can also use it to buy more furniture, wall coverings and other aesthetic things. Where as someone with less money would have to wait for all the timers to be done, save through their teeth to buy a decent fridge, what have you. I'm not too sure about you but I consider that pay to win. If you can spend more than you usually would on a game to advance your progress, I'd consider that paying for the privilege of winning. Like I mentioned in my previous comment though, this is all my personal opinion.

I'm fully aware that many games have additional DLC content for PC's and consoles, but at least they have a base game you can play without feeling like you need to support any further content. Mobile games take the cake by trying to sell off what should have been a stand alone game as a game that in order to enjoy it fully requires all these little extra things that conveniently take from your pocket. They've already proved they're capable of making a fully functional Sims mobile game with Sims 3. I'm aware that it wasn't quite up to everyone's standards, however, Sim's Mobile is exactly what everyone expected of the TS3 mobile game. Surely this proves they're able to make a mobile game that's just like the Sims as we all know and love it without the pesky detail of feeling like you have to spend money to get to a point of value in the game. I'm rather confused as to why they've chosen to make us pay through the nose and teeth to get the full experience of Sims considering that.

With all of today's awesome technology, phones included, I'd expect a little more of a gaming company who've headlined one of the most popular games of all time.

@ts1depot

Edit - I should add I agree with a lot of comments above that say the mobile game could be good for TS PC game development in the future. Those are some really good points :smile:@luthienrising @Netzspannung
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif

Cool, good luck with that![/quote]

Thanks! :cookie::mrgreen:
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello everyone!

Saw this thread and wanted to come clear some things up.

1. This is NOT "The Sims 4" on a mobile platform. This is a new entry into The Sims Franchise with an experience that is different from The Sims 4 and The Sims Freeplay.

2. There are different teams with different skill sets working on these products. One does not affect the other.

3. The Sims 4 is healthy, thriving, and has a bright future ahead of it. The new entry into The Sims will not affect content we create for the PC product nor will it slow down our development.

4. This new entry into the franchise is something that was inspired by something this very community created, The Legacy Challenge. The mobile team took inspiration from you to create a game based around family and generational play. It has a different focus and feel than our PC product and the art style is inspired by The Sims 4.

5. Remember: There are plenty of people out there in the world who enjoy having a The Sims experience on mobile. We don't expect you to play both (though I'd hope you'd give it a chance whenever it may become available in your area) but the content in it has a different focus to fit the theme of this particular product. If there is something you see in this new mobile entry that you'd like to see in your PC experience (or even vice versa) please leave feedback in the appropriate feedback areas: PC Feedback - Mobile Feedback.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    edited May 2017
    Hello everyone!

Saw this thread and wanted to come clear some things up.

1. This is NOT "The Sims 4" on a mobile platform. This is a new entry into The Sims Franchise with an experience that is different from The Sims 4 and The Sims Freeplay.

2. There are different teams with different skill sets working on these products. One does not affect the other.

3. The Sims 4 is healthy, thriving, and has a bright future ahead of it. The new entry into The Sims will not affect content we create for the PC product nor will it slow down our development.

4. This new entry into the franchise is something that was inspired by something this very community created, The Legacy Challenge. The mobile team took inspiration from you to create a game based around family and generational play. It has a different focus and feel than our PC product and the art style is inspired by The Sims 4.

5. Remember: There are plenty of people out there in the world who enjoy having a The Sims experience on mobile. We don't expect you to play both (though I'd hope you'd give it a chance whenever it may become available in your area) but the content in it has a different focus to fit the theme of this particular product. If there is something you see in this new mobile entry that you'd like to see in your PC experience (or even vice versa) please leave feedback in the appropriate feedback areas: PC Feedback - Mobile Feedback.

UzyFlVJ.gif

Thank you! <3
    EiFlric.png
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Bless this post, honestly.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
This discussion has been closed.