Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did it really win? And more!

Did Eco-living actually win? I mean in the beginning there was this huge thing about people taking the vote the wrong way where they thought 5 was the best and 1 the worst. So is possible that it didn't actually win? On a side note it would be cool to see the stats of the each theme. It would also be awesome if they did this every year and they recycle the last two choices and include new ones for the next one.

My opinion please not hate.
Origin id: ActuallySammy
If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I voted for Dangerous Stuff first but I feel weddings and funerals could be part of an events or occassions expansion pack. That's something that would be better fleshed out because I've seen request for baby showers too.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I voted 1 for Eco living and I'm probably not the only one. I sort of had a feeling it would win, or dangerous stuff. I would have been pretty fine with any of them though.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Eco Stuff ended up exactly as it started. When I started the survey Eco was at the top number 1. So I dropped it to the least position and pulled up Dangerous, followed by wedding and starter stuff. But eco started at the top, at least on my computer!
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I can't find results anywhere. Where do you see them?
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2017
    They were listed in the same order, on everyone's computer. I am not sure if there are any actual posted results as of right now, just the winner.

eta: see simmer below me :p
    Post edited by Aeriexo11 on
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited April 2017
    @keenow Here is a link to the results of the vote and the order in which every theme placed.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915787/eco-living-is-the-winning-theme/p1
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Kinda disappointed tbh. What would Eco-Living add to the game?
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

A way to reduce those obscene utility bills?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Quania2007Quania2007 Posts: 14 New Member
    Movotti wrote: »

bills are based on how much stuff you have in your house. They would have to change the billing system to have solar panels lower "utility" bills. or a rebate
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Quania2007 wrote: »

bills are based on how much stuff you have in your house. They would have to change the billing system to have solar panels lower "utility" bills. or a rebate

I think it's easy although I'm not a developer. The same way most objects and stuff add to the household bills, other objects such as solar panels could have a negative value and reduce the overall amount
  • YanbunYanbun Posts: 77 Member
    I don´t think an other SP opiton would have won, if everyone had voted the right way. A lot of users shared, what they voted. From that shared votes Eco would have won as well. Also, it seems there was more discussing threads about it, than the other possible SPs
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    pretty sure most people can read :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I voted wrong, I choose Dangerous=5 and Eco=4.. But Eco was my second choice anyway, So I'm happy it ends like this. ><
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Quania2007 wrote: »

well here's hoping they do
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    pretty sure most people can read :D
    I was pretty sure users of this site knew how to be respectful, but then I see snarky comments like this... :/
    The way to vote wasn't properly written when that poll was first up, so it confused some.
    (by the time I saw it, it was already easy to understand/fixed).

Anyway, at this point. I don't care anymore.
    It seems no matter what, some will be happy , & others will not.
    Seeing so many mean comments around here & there, I am losing interest & rather just do something else.
    I hope everyone else has fun with it though... :)
    I really wish it could do that.
    But I'm thinking it won't...
    (one more thing to have to "pretend & use cheats for"... :s )
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I am pretty sure most of the people who voted for eco living weren't actually voting for eco living but for laundry...
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure most of the people who voted for eco living weren't actually voting for eco living but for laundry...

I don't know about anyone else, but I was looking for modern Eco Stuff.
    It wasn't all-about-laundry, for me... :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Even a bunch of the Guru's over on twitter were hoping for Dangerous - as there was a team dangerous hoping it won. I hoped so too - but the people only voted it 3rd place. So, many of us hope the loser ideas may get another chance at another time - it is just too bad this is the only one though that will be chosen through each stage. Even if it was not my first choice I like the idea of the most votes win to pick the different factors toward making it. It's a sp of the people - so no matter what that has to be a good thing. Even if it was not my first choice I will buy it because my fellow simmers all had a part in it. I like being able to support my fellow simmers. So I am cool with it regardless.

On the other hand I am glad the art style went with B too - so that is good - I love natural fibres and real wood. Plastic is not my thing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Even a bunch of the Guru's over on twitter were hoping for Dangerous - as there was a team dangerous hoping it won. I hoped so too .

We never know, maybe they will do it eventually or add the concept to a GP or EP (I think Graham said it was a possibility), cause yea if they want to do it, a lot of people was interested in it, even people that maybe didn't vote for it want it, it's just that some probably was scared to not get laundry if they didn't vote for Eco-Living, but we'll see.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Did Eco-living actually win? I mean in the beginning there was this huge thing about people taking the vote the wrong way where they thought 5 was the best and 1 the worst. So is possible that it didn't actually win? On a side note it would be cool to see the stats of the each theme. It would also be awesome if they did this every year and they recycle the last two choices and include new ones for the next one.

My opinion please not hate.

I blame The Eurovision Song contest if Europe voted this way! (also Australia). :

Digression:
    We have this 1 to 5+ in order of preference way of voting in our Scottish Council elections in May so Nicola Sturgeon's SNP Council supporters will be in trouble if people give them a 5 or more.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I voted for dangerous stuff, but looking at all the polls on Twitter between concept A & B eco was the clear winner.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

I really wanted laundry brought back, but felt it didn't belong in the Eco Living. So I voted Starter as my first choice, LOL

I am happy that B won though, can't wait for the next step in voting!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would have voted for dangerous, but I missed the whole thing. Oh well, here is hoping it will get picked up again.