Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile!

2...Next

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2017
    Trowicia wrote: »
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    But, but, but... Sims mobile is Sims freeplay 2.0. It takes 6 hours to sleep otherwise you've got to pay.

If that's true I am completely disappointed and probably won't be playing. That really stinks.

It's true and I find it hilarious that it takes 6 whole whopping hours for sims to sleep only to have their energy burned out within the next few interactions.

Naps are just as bad too, those last about 60 minutes/1 hour.

If it's like Freeplay then the coffee machine (if there is one) is your friend. I played Freeplay constantly and only ever had sims actually sleep if a quest required it or I had a sim I needed to occupy overnight while I myself was sleeping.

Mobie games are all about harnessing your time management skills and learning the quirks of the games to get the most out of them.
    ~ ~ ~
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Mei-Len666 wrote: »
    Q: In The Sims 4 Mobile will I be able to close my game and come back a few days later with out my Sims dying? I would like to know if anyone can tell me. Freeplay got a miss for me because my Sims were dead after I fell a sleep and awoke up to them dying.
    They won't die at all. I have played the Sims Freeplay on 3 devices but there are months between I open the game on 2 of those devices and no sims have died yet :)

But if you are away from the game and then open it you will often (but not always) see that all the sims have their needs in red. Then you just have to repair those needs by letting them sleep, eat and so on. This is most usual to happen though if you only are away for the game a day or two. If you instead are away for weeks then the game will often reward you for coming back by letting all your sims be inspired (all needs completely in green).

Sims in Freeplay can only die from old age and they only age if they are doing something ;)

But the model for Sims Mobile is a legacy/generational game. How would that work without death? Seems to me that this game is not Freeplay and is based on a structure that includes death. Or you'd end up somehow with Sims who can play with their great-great-great-great-great grandchildren.

It strikes me that Sims Mobile might have more differences from Sims Freeplay than just looking like Sims 4. And that there's a lot of gameplay that wasn't being seen in my Twitter feed yesterday. (And if there's more today, I'll miss it - it's back to work for me!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Q: In The Sims 4 Mobile will I be able to close my game and come back a few days later with out my Sims dying? I would like to know if anyone can tell me. Freeplay got a miss for me because my Sims were dead after I fell a sleep and awoke up to them dying.
    They won't die at all. I have played the Sims Freeplay on 3 devices but there are months between I open the game on 2 of those devices and no sims have died yet :)

But if you are away from the game and then open it you will often (but not always) see that all the sims have their needs in red. Then you just have to repair those needs by letting them sleep, eat and so on. This is most usual to happen though if you only are away for the game a day or two. If you instead are away for weeks then the game will often reward you for coming back by letting all your sims be inspired (all needs completely in green).

Sims in Freeplay can only die from old age and they only age if they are doing something ;)

But the model for Sims Mobile is a legacy/generational game. How would that work without death? Seems to me that this game is not Freeplay and is based on a structure that includes death. Or you'd end up somehow with Sims who can play with their great-great-great-great-great grandchildren.

It strikes me that Sims Mobile might have more differences from Sims Freeplay than just looking like Sims 4. And that there's a lot of gameplay that wasn't being seen in my Twitter feed yesterday. (And if there's more today, I'll miss it - it's back to work for me!)
    Deaths by accidents isn't in the Sims Freeplay and sims only die from old age just as I wrote. But if you give your sim a task that only takes 6 hrs then this sim will only be 6 hrs older even if you wait a week before you open the game again. So this way the developers solved the problem that we don't want to find that all our sims suddenly have died from old age just because we didn't have time to play for a week or more.

I haven't been able to download the Sims Mobile yet. But I would expect it to work in a similar way. Maybe there are more ways for our sims to die in the new game though. But I don't think that EA would ever force us to let our sims die before we wanted to. So if they should be able to die from accidents too then I am sure that we will be offered an option about reviving them.

The new thing in the Sims Mobile is though that we will be rewarded every time we move on to the next generation. This isn't the case in Freeplay unless the dead sim had fulfilled his/her life dream in which case we will get an orb which is a kind of building material for some special buildings.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member

It's true and I find it hilarious that it takes 6 whole whopping hours for sims to sleep only to have their energy burned out within the next few interactions.

But that's a GOOD thing. It makes me put my phone down for an hour and get real life things accomplished. :lol:

I'm not apologizing...I LOVE this game.

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    But, but, but... Sims mobile is Sims freeplay 2.0. It takes 6 hours to sleep otherwise you've got to pay.

If that's true I am completely disappointed and probably won't be playing. That really stinks.

If it's like Freeplay then the coffee machine (if there is one) is your friend. I played Freeplay constantly and only ever had sims actually sleep if a quest required it or I had a sim I needed to occupy overnight while I myself was sleeping.

Mobie games are all about harnessing your time management skills and learning the quirks of the games to get the most out of them.

True enough. I come from a time where I can sit down and binge on a game for a whole day if it's good enough to take that much of my time. I can get real life priorities done in a timely manner and snap back to my gaming right after.

It's just clear that these time-management games aren't made for me specifically and that's okay with me.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

True enough. I come from a time where I can sit down and binge on a game for a whole day if it's good enough to take that much of my time. I can get real life priorities done in a timely manner and snap back to my gaming right after.

It's just clear that these time-management games aren't made for me specifically and that's okay with me.

Coffee machine doesn't work like this unfortunately, in fact the only object to bring up energy is the bed and sleeping takes 1 hour, but apparently you can unlock a nap on two star bed bed at level 10 that takes two minutes, I'm still waiting to check if that will be able to replenish energy more effectively. And yes sims can't die in sims freeplay, in sims mobile though they are definitely constantly aging and adult life stage lasts 4 days. I haven't checked yet what happens if you skip a day I'm hoping they simply don't start the new day, because I noticed the new day starts only when I open the game for the first time at least so it seems
    edited May 2017
    And yes sims can't die in sims freeplay, in sims mobile though they are definitely constantly aging and adult life stage lasts 4 days. I haven't checked yet what happens if you skip a day I'm hoping they simply don't start the new day, because I noticed the new day starts only when I open the game for the first time at least so it seems

Sims definitely die in Freeplay, unless you do endless grinding for orbs and give them a platinum orb to keep them alive.

edited May 2017
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    And yes sims can't die in sims freeplay, in sims mobile though they are definitely constantly aging and adult life stage lasts 4 days. I haven't checked yet what happens if you skip a day I'm hoping they simply don't start the new day, because I noticed the new day starts only when I open the game for the first time at least so it seems

Sims definitely die in Freeplay, unless you do endless grinding for orbs and give them a platinum orb to keep them alive.
    Sims in Freeplay only die from old age and only if you allow them to. It doesn't even cost LPs or anything else anymore to reset their age and you will always be asked if you really want them to die.

Look at https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/201212904-Aging-Life-Cycle-FAQ for further information about this.
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    edited May 2017

I mean I was referring to the user that said they were playing sims freeplay and left the game for a few days and when they returned all the sims were dying, that simply wasn't true, the game doesn't work like that. But yeah I was explaining myself awkwardly. Also I am just so good at quoting correct posts :D just simply amazing, no complaints here :D
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2017

Imho, looking at them burning much of their energy so fast may be a bug or an intentional part of how things work and also pushing some to buying options from an business point of view. The game looks nice and I do not mind a few options to buy but the magnitude of options to pay for is too much. But as the saying goes it is what floats your boat but my boat is not floating. Let me add being this is an Capitalist country EA/Maxis can market any games even if it does not make any sense, it is the customer that must make an educated decision if they want it or not want. This is not directed to you Luthiening, I am just making an general statement.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Imho, looking at them burning much of their energy so fast may be a bug or an intentional part of how things work and also pushing some to buying options from an business point of view. The game looks nice and I do not mind a few options to buy but the magnitude of options to pay for is too much. But as the saying goes it is what floats your boat but my boat is not floating. Let me add being this is an Capitalist country EA/Maxis can market any games even if it does not make any sense, it is the customer that must make an educated decision if they want it or not want. This is not directed to you Luthiening, I am just making an general statement.

No problem :) I think we're basically on the same page here, except that I'd just add the different types of gaming as a preference as well as sometimes a necessity. I mean, if PC games were inherently better and obviously preferable, my Very Well Off dad would be playing them. He's not. He likes the mobile games he can play on his tablet. His grandkids showed them the PC games in similar genres - games they play and would love to get into with their grandfather (we all tabletop together - my parents whup us all at Cards Against Humanity) - but nope. My dad prefers the mobile games. So, to each their own, whether it's down to a situation (something to do in the bus) or finances or just what you like. It's all okay.

Edited to add: And I don't see anything wrong in a company doing better than break-even in its finances. I hope my own clients keep doing that; it's really not fun when one goes bankrupt instead and can't pay you what they owe (we contractors are most often end of the line and there's nothing left for us). Been there, done that. I'm all for culture-industry companies staying on the profitable side so people making things - even the contractors like me - can make a living.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited May 2017
    Sims in Freeplay only die from old age and only if you allow them to. It doesn't even cost LPs or anything else anymore to reset their age and you will always be asked if you really want them to die.

Seriously? They changed it to where you can stop your sims from aging for free? That is awesome. A little late, but awesome. I still have my game installed but haven't played much since the infamous death update.

Seriously? They changed it to where you can stop your sims from aging for free? That is awesome. A little late, but awesome. I still have my game installed but haven't played much since the infamous death update.
    Yes, they made that change a couple of months ago. Resetting the age is now free. But the drawback is that resetting the age no longer repair all their needs at the same time.
    Yes, they made that change a couple of months ago. Resetting the age is now free. But the drawback is that resetting the age no longer repair all their needs at the same time.

Wow. That's really great.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

This makes me happy! I quit playing very shortly after I unlocked the aging, it felt far more grindy than I wanted to play. Looks like I will be reacquainted with my FP sims this evening!
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Sims look weird in TSM Imo; Big head small body, they don't look proportion

The Sims Game
  • Mei-Len666Mei-Len666 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Erpe said:
    > Mei-Len666 wrote: »
    >
    > Q: In The Sims 4 Mobile will I be able to close my game and come back a few days later with out my Sims dying? I would like to know if anyone can tell me. Freeplay got a miss for me because my Sims were dead after I fell a sleep and awoke up to them dying.
    >
    >
    >
    > They won't die at all. I have played the Sims Freeplay on 3 devices but there are months between I open the game on 2 of those devices and no sims have died yet :)
    >
    > But if you are away from the game and then open it you will often (but not always) see that all the sims have their needs in red. Then you just have to repair those needs by letting them sleep, eat and so on. This is most usual to happen though if you only are away for the game a day or two. If you instead are away for weeks then the game will often reward you for coming back by letting all your sims be inspired (all needs completely in green).
    >
    > Sims in Freeplay can only die from old age and they only age if they are doing something ;)

Thank you for letting me know! <(^u^)>

I'll try out Freeplay again and see if I can play it this time after the updates.
  • LiltpunkLiltpunk Posts: 5 New Member
    Around the restaurant, hospital, abd fashion studio, It tells me to click on the 3 venues to unlock them. I don't know what the three venues are though, what do I click on?
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    Ah the Sims Mobile, I started playing around with the game when it came out and I loved it. Then I got bored and went through deleting and downloading it again . My main goal in the game was to just have HUGE families and I achieved that a year ago but then a new update was released and I don't play anymore .
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    edited April 2019
    Ah the Sims Mobile, I started playing around with the game when it came out and I loved it. Then I got bored and went through deleting and downloading it again . My main goal in the game was to just have HUGE families and I achieved that a year ago but then a new update was released and I don't play anymore .

And by that "new" update I mean one that came a little while back which is not really new anymore . The update introduced 24hr timed events to unlock marriages and having babies which is really annoying as the sims mobile was previously marketed as a on the go sims game or similar to that . I could not complete these events to unlock these foundations of a Sims game without about 4 - 5 goes , simply because I couldn't fit it around my busy schedule ( sleep and course work ) . However I'm intrigued by the newest update which has given CAS a makeover so I'm putting grudges aside and giving the app one last chance .
  • GkundoGkundo Posts: 24 Member
    Like how the sims are more customized and not ugly like in free play
  • Cmb94Cmb94 Posts: 1 New Member
    I need some help please. How can you finish the baby quest in the time limit? I’ve tried I don’t know how many times now and I always miss it by like an hour. HELP PLEASE. ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME
  • SkullcastonyxSkullcastonyx Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I give someone a makeover?