Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Expected Gameplay Objects in Family Game Pack

Comments

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Honestly i'm hoping for more playground gameplay objects. I want my swings back and I want to see children adventuring in their back garden. Generations was my 2nd favorite pack (Pets #1 ofcourse) so I really hope they fleshed it out. Since they did such an amazing job with vampires I suspect they did.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think those objects are just clutter objects. We have a high school bag already and a plie of sports objects for the floor and a baseball bat that leans against the wall. None of those are useable, so the objects in the teaser, IMO, are just for clutter.

GPs aren't about clutter and let me elaborate everything you see in the teasers is supposed to give you clues, not represent the actual objects.

GP's may not be about clutter but they certainly have clutter in them. Go back in game and look through the vampire GP and see all the clutter décor that adds to the theme.

The purpose of a very short teaser is to let us know what type pack (EP. GP or SP) is coming and what the theme will be. Obviously, they aren't going to show all the big objects in the teaser, just the little things like clutter, which have no interactions. So, sometimes a book bag on the floor is just a book bag on the floor, not an object to interact with.

The things you see in the teaser is an object that does (or will) exist in the new pack. They don't create stuff just for the teaser.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2017
    • Laptops (For Teenagers)
    • Toddler Pool
    • Toddler Playhouse
    • Tree House

So laptops would only be for teenagers? That seems really pointless.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2017
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    • Toddler Pool
    • Toddler Playhouse
    • Tree House

No Kids to Elders

But it was just to justify that such a thing would be added in this Pack as laptops are pretty popular among Teens.
    a256aFi.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I feel you, I hope one day they finally implement the legendary R&B radio station. This is the only radio station that gets requested all the time but they never add it... :(
    Yeah! I hope it's coming @FreezerBunnyCowplant
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    • Toddler Pool
    • Toddler Playhouse
    • Tree House

No Kids to Elders

But it was just to justify that such a thing would be added in this Pack as laptops are pretty popular among Teens.

Ah, I see. That's good. :)
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Playground equipment, for sure. I've heard that swings are particularly difficult to make in this iteration for some reason so I'm worried we won't get them but I really want them (toddler and kid swings).
  • aintezebnme3aintezebnme3 Posts: 8 New Member
    we need more clothes, hairstyles, maybe a party package with a bounce house, a clown that does balloon animals, swing set, kiddie pool.. more toys or something. im soo glad we got toddlers, but please please more for them! :) and family portraits! its such a pitb to get them all lined up lol and i know it can be done, its done on the preview before gameplay... so really no excuse not to be able to do it. :/
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    we need more clothes, hairstyles, maybe a party package with a bounce house, a clown that does balloon animals, swing set, kiddie pool.. more toys or something. im soo glad we got toddlers, but please please more for them! :) and family portraits! its such a pitb to get them all lined up lol and i know it can be done, its done on the preview before gameplay... so really no excuse not to be able to do it. :/

#TeamBouncyCastle
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Considering the GTW camera (for poses/photo shoots) is bugged (the popup happens now before they get posed or when they first walk onto the thing with back turned before they turn around) I hope they fix that before adding family photos or photo ability with kids.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    YES a bouncy castle please! <3
    a256aFi.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    spotharris wrote: »
    There is a lot I want but my top 5 are
    • toddler playhouses(similar to TSF)
    • more equipment at parks like regular slides, swings, sandbox, seesaw, maybe a trampoline(maybe option for teens to kiss under a slide?)
    • picnic basket(put in sims personal inventory and it can be dragged out and placed on flat areas. 2 versions, one that fits 1-4 sims, and another that can fit 6)
    • family photo camera(like the GTW cameras but you can take a group photo of 3-8 Sims)
    • baby bouncer that you can set the baby in. Like todders in high chairs. Essentially still the baby object but the baby just bounces and makes other expressions.
    I'd say this is more like "hoped for" gameplay objects. And if we get laptops I hope they're for teens and up.
    • More playground equipment (swings, spring rides)
    • Upgraded arts table (more options, maybe patched for toddler use)
    • Picnic basket
    • Board game table

Oh, I really loved the picnic basket, we need the ability to swim in the ocean too to go along with that. I just moved my family to the bluffs and their is surrounded by all this beautiful water but no ability to swim in it.

I think one of the gurus said swimming in old worlds won't ever be possible because the way the water is made. I assume they would have to remake the water in a way. If you use cheats to get your sim in the ocean at the bluffs then you can see that there is like a solid baby blue layer right under a transparent ocean texture, and it goes right through the sim.

That means it could be possible to have ocean swimming in a new world, maybe a tropical vacation pack. Well, it's something...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Playground equipment, for sure. I've heard that swings are particularly difficult to make in this iteration for some reason so I'm worried we won't get them but I really want them (toddler and kid swings).

I want those spring rides like we had in Sims 3 -- toddlers could ride them with help (Teen and up) and build Movement skill, while kids could ride without help and build Motor. They'd be smaller footprint and easier to add to existing lots as well, which would be another plus.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Family Pack = gift giving, Clues in teaser= play catch (note the softball)= something school related (note the new desks)

That is all I could gather what objects would be in this GP because of one new desk shown and one softball shown.

Catch is one of the things I'm hoping to see return as is gift giving.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

I want those spring rides like we had in Sims 3 -- toddlers could ride them with help (Teen and up) and build Movement skill, while kids could ride without help and build Motor. They'd be smaller footprint and easier to add to existing lots as well, which would be another plus.

Oh yes. I actually suggested Spring Riders to SimGuruSarah on twitter. Hope we get the Shark and Black Cat Springriders back from the TS3 Store.
  • teeteelouiseteeteelouise Posts: 121 Member
    I would love to be able to give stuff from my inventory. Especially being that our sims can make stuff. (i.e. when feeing flirty and making a flirty painting, you can give it to your love interest.) I would also really love to be able to split funds when a sim moves out. Although I guess those can maybe be patched, but I'll take it either way I can get it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Oh yes. I actually suggested Spring Riders to SimGuruSarah on twitter. Hope we get the Shark and Black Cat Springriders back from the TS3 Store.

Oh, I wish these toddlers could have a Big Wheel. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    all of the above+ laundry. Oh, and pets :)
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    all of the above+ laundry. Oh, and pets :)

Laundry is probably going to be a part of the ECo Living SP to be released next year. And pets will most likely be released as a separate EP towards the end of the year (hints have been found in the code).
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    I thought Eco was supposed to be released late fall this year. Anyway, I know pets it is not a part of the Eco or Family pack, I was just joking :)
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • kaylaholidaykaylaholiday Posts: 224 Member
    I'm counting on this pack to bring a lot to my family gameplay, but the interaction I think I want the most is slow dancing! I like to have big fancy weddings for my legacy families but it always seems weird that there's no first dance option.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Picnic basket would be good . one for big group and one for two for lovers
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Chess and checkers boards that are separate from the table and can be placed on any table would be awesome. And maybe other board games that were separate from the table would be cool too.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think it would nice if you could take toddlers out to dinner and put them in a high chair and maybe babies to. They could put the babies in some kind of carrier. They should make a carrier to put toddlers items in and babies.
    Bunk beds will be in this 101%. Remember my words!

Maybe they will even add fan-favorite Spiral staircases.
    a256aFi.gif