March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clearing up trolling about Sims Mobile

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
I've been trying to hold my tongue on this whole issue, but today I'm just going to come right out and get this off my chest because I'm getting so angry and frustrated by the large number of lies being posted here and in various places across the web, including some blogs that started posting rants as clickbait. So given my experience with mobile games in general, Sims Freeplay, what I've played so far of Sims Mobile (yes, I got a copy) and what I know about the gaming industry as a whole, I'm going to clear up a lot of the nonsense that has been posted.

Sims Mobile is Not a "Free" Version of TS4
Sims Mobile, like Sims Freeplay, is not a "free" version of TS4 at all. Not even close. It is in every way, shape and form a mobile game, with gameplay similar to Simpsons Tapped Out and Family Guy Freakin Mobile Game, in which the goal is to complete little actions and quests to earn coins/points/etc. in order to level up or unlock more items and places to visit.

There are no sophisticated social interactions, no detailed build and buy modes, no detailed careers, no passage of time, anything of that sort. Literally, the gameplay all boils down to 1) "Click on sim. Wait for sim to complete action. Click on checkmark. Collect coins/points/etc. Level up." or 2) "Complete this quest/event to unlock new items/interactions/locations." All actions are in real time, lasting anywhere from a few seconds to several hours. If the action takes a few seconds, it takes a few seconds. If it takes three, four, five hours, etc., you turn off your device then check back in on your game when the hours are up.

Any blogger or forum poster trying to leave the impression that mobile gamers are getting the exact same, fully fleshed out open sandbox game and everything else for free "plus more" is either trolling for laughs or saying that as clickbait.

There is No Competition Between PC and Mobile
PC and mobile games cater to two completely different types of markets that want very distinct and different experiences when gaming. PC Gamers want fully fleshed out games and don't mind spending several minutes, if not a half hour or more setting files up and downloading updates. They also don't mind spending a lot of money to buy these games.

Mobile Gamers want very light games that are addictive, take very little time to download, don't cost anything to purchase, take seconds to fire up and can be played anywhere on their phones and tablets.

There is no competition between mobile and PC, because they're apples and oranges. So it makes absolutely zero sense for anyone to say that a developer promoting a mobile game is a sign that it's giving up on its PC game, just as it wouldn't make sense for someone to say that a supermarket promoting oranges is a sign that it's giving up on selling apples. It's nonsense.

No One is Robbing Peter to Pay Paul
There are separate teams working on TS4 and Sims Mobile. No one is robbing Peter to play Paul. Mobile is mobile. TS4 is TS4. Posters ranting that development is being "spread thin" across both projects and that time on one project is being taken away from another are trolling. The reason why they keep saying that is that they're filled with so much hatred for TS4 they're trying to spread fear and paranoia amongst other players that TS4 is "doomed" and is close to being scrapped. So they want to keep everyone thinking that Sims Mobile spells the end for TS4 (even though Sims Freeplay ran throughout the entire duration of TS3). They also want to kill excitement for the upcoming Family GP.

Sims Mobile is a Mobile Game
I know it seems patronizing to state the obvious but I had to do so because of certain people who are expressing outrage that it has microtransactions and uses real time. Microtransactions are a staple of mobile games, and actions that take place in real time are a staple of many sims. There is nothing exceptional about this. That's just the way mobile games are.

Sims Mobile is a Free Game
Sims Mobile is free. What's not free are certain premium items. Just like every other mobile game out there. You will be able to play as long as you want for as free as you want. But if you get impatient and want an action completed faster or desperately want something in the game but don't have enough in-game currency to buy it with, you will have to pay some money to rush the action or get the content. Microtransactions are not "paywalls," where you're literally forced to have to keep spending money to play the game. They are the mobile version of DLC, where it's about getting special items.

In the end, I know that nothing I say or do here is going to stop the trolls. But I'm posting this nevertheless, because I couldn't stand idly by and watch so many people here and elsewhere getting some kind of perverse pleasure out of upsetting players with nonsense. So please, when you keep hearing and reading all kinds of outlandish, upsetting things, take it with a grain of salt.
EiFlric.png
Post edited by ts1depot on

Comments

• joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Great post! I gave you an awesome, but I just also wanted to say - awesome!

I have been playing and enjoying micro transaction mobile games for years (one of them for 5 years and counting) and don't pay a cent. I agree, it in no way compares to pc games at all, totally different experience.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2017
    Wonderful, insightful post! Thank you so much for sharing! :smile:
    I must admit that I was pretty peeved by all the commotion about the mobile app going around the forums yesterday. I was reading so many different sides of the argument around this game that I was getting seriously confused. :lol:
    I'm really grateful for the posts being made that are clearing everything up. It's sad and irritating to see some posters on here purposefully trying to rile others up and screaming doomsday for TS4. I haven't played TSM and I have no intention to since I'm not into mobile gaming, but I did play Freeplay a few years ago and I can confirm that mobile games cater to an entirely different audience. It was a little bothersome to see so many of TS4's assets copied and reused in TSM, but when you realize that most of those items are only unlockable through not-so-cheap micro transactions and/or waiting hours to progress or complete actions, it's very easy to see that it's not a "free" game offering everything TS4 has from the get-go. It's very much a mobile game to the core. Just as you and others have said, it doesn't threaten TS4 and it will cater to its audience in the way it's designed to whereas TS4 will cater to its audience in the way it is meant to. My hope is to not only see some of those interactions seen in trailers and gameplay screenshots of TSM make it into TS4 (and there's no reason why they can't or won't be), but to also see players of both versions being able to enjoy their gaming experience. Hopefully all this nonsense will die down in a few more days.
    Again, thank you for your eloquent, well thought-out post. It's posters like you who are helping posters like me to feel better about all the chaos and bickering going on in certain areas of the forums. :smiley:
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

A++++++++++++++

I don't understand how people claim that

a) Mobile users are getting what we got for free. They aren't. They are getting a simplified version, that can't even be used the same way.
    b) This is the future of The Sims/Replacing The Sims 4. It's two completely different games, markets and audiences. It would be like saying The Sims Online was there to replace the The Sims. Or The Sims Life Stories (linear version of The Sims 2) is there to replace The Sims 2.

EA have different markets for The Sims, and cater to each one.
    This has happened since the dawn of the franchise, and that's not about to change.

That said, I would rather EA have a separate platform for micro-transactions, and keep The Sims 4 free of them.
    The whole "SimStore/SimPoint" fiasco that went down for The Sims 3 was awful, and mobile-esque transactions have no place within a premium game.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2017
    This is an interesting perspective. I mean, I definitely feel like my initial reaction to the announcement was a bit knee jerk. But I think what it came down to is me, like others we're probably hoping for a GP announcement, and this very unexpected.

I respectfully disagree with your robbing Peter to play Paul section though, to an extent. I agree to the point that I have seen some strong arguments that suggest that even though a couple of gurus were moved from Sims 4 to help out with the mobile team (this is an indisputable fact) it shouldn't have a significant detrimental effect on the PC game development. That being said although yes the teams are different they are both operated by max is, who will have a set pool of capital with which to invest in different projects. It's just basic business. Investing in multiple businesses will mean you need to spread that capital slightly more thinly. But it also makes a lot of business sense to pursue multiple projects under one "brand" and access different markets, as they have done with Sims Mobile. People who don't necessarily have good laptops, but tablets / good phones will be able to experience tastes of both free play and Sims 4 which in hindsight I think is a very positive thing.

However, and this is very important, someone disagreeing with your perspective is not trolling. I have experienced real trolling. It can be very vicious, sometimes used to promote horrid worldviews. When I think of trolling I think of the idiot with a cartoon photo leaving racial slurs on a minors YouTube page (for example). Being unnecessarily inflammatory is also considered trolling, but having a discussion in a forum (which is named after Roman buildings in which people would have discussions) does not a troll make. It also just reminds me of this annoying trend where people think they can automatically disregard peoples opinions by yelling fake news if they don't like the facts they used or dismissively branding people liberals or remoaners (to take a political example). It's counterproductive to reasoned debate and its a trend that needs to die out.

And you cannot make the assertion that critics of Sims mobile want Sims 4 to fail and want to kill excitement for the family GP. If you look back at the thread most of the people criticising it are in fact very passionate supporters of the Sims 4 and a lot of them were salty because they were expecting family gp information , not because they wanted to destroy it. Bloggers and forum posters who think Sims mobile is a free version of Sims 4 aren't trolling , that is just their understanding of it, rightfully or wrongly.
    Post edited by anonmystery on
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @ts1depot Thank you for taking the time to post this. I have been extremely annoyed with the level of agitation on this forum after the announcement of a mobile game. I am glad to see evidence of common sense here and there. The mobile games have never been an experience comparable to the PC game, how could they? I know some people long for more drama in their lives, but I don't think this should be the place for it. Seriously, if a game can upset you this much, you clearly need to take a break and simmer down (ha, wordplay!).
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @anonmystery
    I think it's very unlikely that EA just gave money to Maxis and told them "do whatever you want with it". Odds are they founded projects, like TS4 or TSM, or gave a certain amount of money to Maxis based on the projects they were planning. So had they not planned TSM, I doubt they would have got TSM budget to work on TS4.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    @ts1depot I agree with about almost everything. Just not the way you distinguish between mobile games and PC games and claim that they are fundamentally different although you are right when we talk about EA's games and especially for the Sims games. But you would never have seen things this way if you had tried games from other game companies like The Tribez or Sunken Secrets (from two different game companies) because they have been released for both iOS, android and PCs in identical versions. The only difference is that the PC versions are controlled with mouse while the other versions use touch screens. But otherwise the versions are identical and all the versions usually get the same updates at the exact same time too!

It is clear though that TS4 which is meant to get mainly 5 new SPs, 1 GP and 1 EP won't and can't ever be ported to mobile devices. But even so both the Sims Freeplay and the Sims Mobile could very easily be ported to PCs and Mac if only EA wanted it (which EA doesn't because TS4 is still much more profitable even though TS4 has much fewer simmers playing it).
  • DeeDee Posts: 11 New Member
    Best post I've read in 24hrs thanks
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @anonmystery
    I think it's very unlikely that EA just gave money to Maxis and told them "do whatever you want with it". Odds are they founded projects, like TS4 or TSM, or gave a certain amount of money to Maxis based on the projects they were planning. So had they not planned TSM, I doubt they would have got TSM budget to work on TS4.

This makes sense actually, thank you. This is why civil discussion is valuable and why expression of scepticism should not simply be disregarded as trolling.

Where I was getting at though is that regardless of the amount of projects the Sims team has, EA would have a limited amount of cash to allocate. In that regard they may have been able to request more cash for a singular project , Sims 4. But my new perspective is that it is more sensible for them to be running multiple projects anyway.

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @anonmystery

This makes sense actually, thank you. This is why civil discussion is valuable and why expression of scepticism should not simply be disregarded as trolling.

Where I was getting at though is that regardless of the amount of projects the Sims team has, EA would have a limited amount of cash to allocate. In that regard they may have been able to request more cash for a singular project , Sims 4. But my new perspective is that it is more sensible for them to be running multiple projects anyway.

Yes, it seems to me they have always tried to keep the Sims franchise diversified, based on the amount of spin-offs we have. What has apparently changed a bit is that in the past they made spin-offs on console and PC (Life stories for laptop, console versions, handheld versions, medieval, mySims), now they have apparently moved more to mobile and social. Hopefully it will bring new players to the PC version too and it will benefit us all :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Oh my, are we going to start seeing people saying get out of the Sims Mobile threads if you don't play the game? Pardon me while I go have a chuckle, not at you OP but the whole history repeating itself. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    edited May 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Oh my, are we going to start seeing people saying get out of the Sims Mobile threads if you don't play the game? Pardon me while I go have a chuckle, not at you OP but the whole history repeating itself. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcptkEABHzQ

@Cinebar
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

I just came in this section to check it out since we got a whole new forum format. I have been trying to figure out where everything is now located. Why would you expect anything less from this forum :p I see the this VS that game threads started too :/ The game has not even been released to most.
    edited May 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    I've been trying to hold my tongue on this whole issue, but today I'm just going to come right out and get this off my chest because I'm getting so angry and frustrated by the large number of lies being posted here and in various places across the web, including some blogs that started posting rants as clickbait. So given my experience with mobile games in general, Sims Freeplay, what I've played so far of Sims Mobile (yes, I got a copy) and what I know about the gaming industry as a whole, I'm going to clear up a lot of the nonsense that has been posted.

Sims Mobile is Not a "Free" Version of TS4
    Sims Mobile, like Sims Freeplay, is not a "free" version of TS4 at all. Not even close. It is in every way, shape and form a mobile game, with gameplay similar to Simpsons Tapped Out and Family Guy Freakin Mobile Game, in which the goal is to complete little actions and quests to earn coins/points/etc. in order to level up or unlock more items and places to visit.

There are no sophisticated social interactions, no detailed build and buy modes, no detailed careers, no passage of time, anything of that sort. Literally, the gameplay all boils down to 1) "Click on sim. Wait for sim to complete action. Click on checkmark. Collect coins/points/etc. Level up." or 2) "Complete this quest/event to unlock new items/interactions/locations." All actions are in real time, lasting anywhere from a few seconds to several hours. If the action takes a few seconds, it takes a few seconds. If it takes three, four, five hours, etc., you turn off your device then check back in on your game when the hours are up.

Any blogger or forum poster trying to leave the impression that mobile gamers are getting the exact same, fully fleshed out open sandbox game and everything else for free "plus more" is either trolling for laughs or saying that as clickbait.

There is No Competition Between PC and Mobile
    PC and mobile games cater to two completely different types of markets that want very distinct and different experiences when gaming. PC Gamers want fully fleshed out games and don't mind spending several minutes, if not a half hour or more setting files up and downloading updates. They also don't mind spending a lot of money to buy these games.

Mobile Gamers want very light games that are addictive, take very little time to download, don't cost anything to purchase, take seconds to fire up and can be played anywhere on their phones and tablets.

There is no competition between mobile and PC, because they're apples and oranges. So it makes absolutely zero sense for anyone to say that a developer promoting a mobile game is a sign that it's giving up on its PC game, just as it wouldn't make sense for someone to say that a supermarket promoting oranges is a sign that it's giving up on selling apples. It's nonsense.

No One is Robbing Peter to Pay Paul
    There are separate teams working on TS4 and Sims Mobile. No one is robbing Peter to play Paul. Mobile is mobile. TS4 is TS4. Posters ranting that development is being "spread thin" across both projects and that time on one project is being taken away from another are trolling. The reason why they keep saying that is that they're filled with so much hatred for TS4 they're trying to spread fear and paranoia amongst other players that TS4 is "doomed" and is close to being scrapped. So they want to keep everyone thinking that Sims Mobile spells the end for TS4 (even though Sims Freeplay ran throughout the entire duration of TS3). They also want to kill excitement for the upcoming Family GP.

Sims Mobile is a Mobile Game
    I know it seems patronizing to state the obvious but I had to do so because of certain people who are expressing outrage that it has microtransactions and uses real time. Microtransactions are a staple of mobile games, and actions that take place in real time are a staple of many sims. There is nothing exceptional about this. That's just the way mobile games are.

Sims Mobile is a Free Game
    Sims Mobile is free. What's not free are certain premium items. Just like every other mobile game out there. You will be able to play as long as you want for as free as you want. But if you get impatient and want an action completed faster or desperately want something in the game but don't have enough in-game currency to buy it with, you will have to pay some money to rush the action or get the content. Microtransactions are not "paywalls," where you're literally forced to have to keep spending money to play the game. They are the mobile version of DLC, where it's about getting special items.

In the end, I know that nothing I say or do here is going to stop the trolls. But I'm posting this nevertheless, because I couldn't stand idly by and watch so many people here and elsewhere getting some kind of perverse pleasure out of upsetting players with nonsense. So please, when you keep hearing and reading all kinds of outlandish, upsetting things, take it with a grain of salt.

I can watch all kinds of 'free' stuff on a media box but the reason they are 'free' is they are riddled with 9,000 ads. Wait and see how many ads EA puts into the finished mobile game when released world wide and then talk to me about 'free'. And when the game starts needed real cash or Simbucks for you to do something in the game that is important to your gameplay. There are very good reasons why gamers despise the mobile cash grabs.

Here are facts about mobile games.

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-mobile-games-suck/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    I can watch all kinds of 'free' stuff on a media box but the reason they are 'free' is they are riddled with 9,000 ads. Wait and see how many ads EA puts into the finished mobile game when released world wide and then talk to me about 'free'. And when the game starts needed real cash or Simbucks for you to do something in the game that is important to your gameplay. There are very good reasons why gamers despise the mobile cash grabs.

Of course there are ads and micro-payments in 'free' stuff, very few developers do things just for fun. There's also reason why the 'freemium' game model is so popular - even though many gamers despise it, in many cases it probably makes more money for the developer than the typical 'pay once, play forever' model.

temes wrote: »

Of course there are ads and micro-payments in 'free' stuff, very few developers do things just for fun. There's also reason why the 'freemium' game model is so popular - even though many gamers despise it, in many cases it probably makes more money for the developer than the typical 'pay once, play forever' model.

Games should and used to be about the player and the love of the art of making a game. Now they all (companies) walk around with those $ in their eyes. It's not only this company but all. Even little Indie companies have lost their love for gaming and just bend to this, $.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    This should be made as an announcement!

I don't understand where the idea that The Sims 4 + all packs is being given away for free on mobile.

And this + SimVIP unfortunately confirms it's just Freeplay with new graphics. Oh well, The Sims 4 is still safe :)
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited May 2017
    However, and this is very important, someone disagreeing with your perspective is not trolling.

There have been a small, specific group of bloggers and forum posters who've been repeatedly spamming the internet with lies to upset players. They've been telling people that Sims Mobile is just a "port" of TS4 (not true). They've been saying that the game is a slap in the face to TS4 players because it's "giving away hundreds of dollars worth of EPs, SPs, and GPs for free", that Sims Mobile is proof that TS4 will end in 2018, that the fact that they rearranged the forums to accommodate Sims Mobile is further proof that EA has abandoned or neglected development for TS4.

One of their threads got so out of hand that a Guru had to show up to clear the misinformation in that post. Another troll had his comments deleted, then ran off to Reddit to post the same nonsense and got downvoted to oblivion as a result. And keep in mind, that's a sub that's also heavily critical of EA.

No amount of spinning my comments into "I'm just calling people trolls because they disagree with me" is going to change the fact that trolls have been running rampant on the web trying to upset players. And to be quite frank, dismissing what has been a clear case of trolling as merely me "disagreeing" with people makes you come off poorly. Not only are you trying to downplay the fact that it's been happening, you're trying to make a case that the lies that they made up is all just a matter of "perspective" when it's not a matter of perspective. It's people posting lies to upset others, not "perspective." Posting lies to upset people is the very definition of trolling.
    Bloggers and forum posters who think Sims mobile is a free version of Sims 4 aren't trolling , that is just their understanding of it, rightfully or wrongly.

They didn't have an "understanding." They are trolls. The game is called Sims Mobile, not "Sims 4 Mobile." There was already tons of gameplay footage on YouTube showing what kind of gameplay to expect out of the game. And anyone who's played a mobile game--especially Sims Freeplay--knows that it could never be a fully developed, feature-rich version of the TS4, with all of the EPs, SPs and GPs included. Mobile gamers don't want that kind of game and it would be impossible to run it on a rinky dinky smartphone and tablet.

So how would a blogger or player have an "understanding" that Sims Mobile is a full port of TS4 in the face of so much evidence that it's not?
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited May 2017
    temes wrote: »

Games should and used to be about the player and the love of the art of making a game. Now they all (companies) walk around with those $ in their eyes. It's not only this company but all. Even little Indie companies have lost their love for gaming and just bend to this, $.

You know people need to pay rent and eat, right? Making games costs a lot of money. Somehow, you need to make that money back, no matter how much you love what you do. That's the way it is for ALL the arts and cultural activities. The money has to come from SOMEWHERE. Some things, governments or rich patrons are willing to subsidize (like ballet or opera or art galleries they can stick their names on). Some things those groups aren't interested in and they money needs to come from somewhere else. But as someone working in the arts, I can tell you that nobody I know does it for the money. There are lots of other, easier ways to make money than the risky business of creating a cultural product that could flop even if one you made before was successful (you can't actually go very far on brand in the arts and culture). Add to that that most of this stuff is hugely life-eating in its time and focus. Even off hours, you find yourself obsessing over your current project, solving issues in your head. (I've talked to lots of my peers; it's not just me - it's ALL of us.) The love HAS to be there, the passion HAS to be there; the money has to be too, because food and a roof over your head. Maybe, if you're one of the lucky ones, even retirement some day. But it's not an either-or. People who lose the passion side tend to move on to other industries; I see it happen a lot. Without the passion, everything you need to do in art and culture to get to enough money to live on and maybe even own a home or save money for retirement is just too hard to keep doing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited May 2017
    However, and this is very important, someone disagreeing with your perspective is not trolling.

There have been a small, specific group of bloggers and forum posters who've been repeatedly spamming the internet with lies to upset players. They've been telling people that Sims Mobile is just a "port" of TS4 (not true). They've been saying that the game is a slap in the face to TS4 players because it's "giving away hundreds of dollars worth of EPs, SPs, and GPs for free", that Sims Mobile is proof that TS4 will end in 2018, that the fact that they rearranged the forums to accommodate Sims Mobile is further proof that EA has abandoned or neglected development for TS4.

One of their threads got so out of hand that a Guru had to show up to clear the misinformation in that post. Another troll had his comments deleted, then ran off to Reddit to post the same nonsense and got downvoted to oblivion as a result. And keep in mind, that's a sub that's also heavily critical of EA.

No amount of spinning my comments into "I'm just calling people trolls because they disagree with me" is going to change the fact that trolls have been running rampant on the web trying to upset players.
    Bloggers and forum posters who think Sims mobile is a free version of Sims 4 aren't trolling , that is just their understanding of it, rightfully or wrongly.

They didn't have an "understanding." They are trolls. The game is called Sims Mobile, not "Sims 4 Mobile." There was already tons of gameplay footage on YouTube showing what kind of gameplay to expect out of the game. And anyone who's played a mobile game--especially Sims Freeplay--knows that it could never be a fully developed, feature-rich version of the TS4, with all of the EPs, SPs and GPs included. Mobile gamers don't want that kind of game and it would be impossible to run it on a rinky dinky smartphone and tablet.

So how would a blogger or player have an "understanding" that Sims Mobile is a full port of TS4 in the face of so much evidence that it's not?

How is it trolling to make a thread they feared TS4 might end. And how is it trolling to say they are upset the mobile game has the yoga mat (in Spa Day) the very same one and they had to pay for it in TS4? How is that trolling to speak the truth about their real fears and their disgust with this stuff being in The Sims Mobile for free? part of it's core. (If you notice many things in the GPs or Stuff Packs) are in the core base of this mobile game. I can understand why people are upset if they aren't even going to call this TS4 Mobile, because no one got upset about TS3 being ported to mobile but they aren't saying it's TS4 Mobile so you can see how many would be upset since it has some of the very same assets they had to pay for in packs.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Bless, OP, seriously. Thank you for this post.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member

No amount of spinning my comments into "I'm just calling people trolls because they disagree with me" is going to change the fact that trolls have been running rampant on the web trying to upset players.

How is it trolling to make a thread they feared TS4 might end. And how is it trolling to say they are upset the mobile game has the yoga mat (in Spa Day) the very same one and they had to pay for it in TS4? How is that trolling to speak the truth about their real fears and their disgust with this stuff being in The Sims Mobile for free? part of it's core. (If you notice many things in the GPs or Stuff Packs) are in the core base of this mobile game. I can understand why people are upset if they aren't even going to call this TS4 Mobile, because no one got upset about TS3 being ported to mobile but they aren't saying it's TS4 Mobile so you can see how many would be upset since it has some of the very same assets they had to pay for in packs.

Exactly! ^^^^^^^
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited May 2017

Coming from someone that's been playing The Sims Mobile for a couple of days to give it a try, let me just tell you this: it's nothing like TS4. Not one bit. This game doesn't even come close to a "sims" game, let alone the pc version of one.
    Only the style, a couple of animations (there are very few) and three or four chair meshes have been taken from TS4 (and I'm saying "three or four" because there are literally three or four chairs available in the entire game).
    The gameplay experience is entirely different. And, most important of all: there are no TS4 payed assests ported into The Sims Mobile. Not even one. At least, not now. Unless we're talking about those three chairs... even when there are only those three in game, and you can only afford one of them till you reach level 30.
    It's just a sims mobile game, and by playing it I see no relation whatsoever to TS4 besides a few meshes.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    This should be made as an announcement!

I don't understand where the idea that The Sims 4 + all packs is being given away for free on mobile.

It's one of the seeds that was planted by trolls using a relatively new trolling tactic. What a few of them did was show up pretending to be TS4 players "upset" with Sims Mobile, with the reason that it meant that they had wasted all this money on TS4. Other players took the bait and started believing the same.

It's a new trolling tactic that's becoming popular across the web now. When people want to sink a project, they show up pretending to be "upset" over a bogus reason they made up. Because people can't tell whether someone is really upset or faking it, they believe that what the trolls are saying is true.

Like, imagine if a week before the new Family Pack came out, a group of people started posting, "Oh, it's so upsetting how in the new Family Pack we're not going to get a new theme park like they promised!" "Yeah, I know, man! I'm so upset, too! It's not fair and just more proof that they keep cutting corners on this game and stripping out content!"

Keep in mind--no one promised that there would be a new theme park. But if enough people kept posting that over and over again, before long, you would be confused into thinking that at some point, a theme park had been promised and that it was being taken out. And then you would get upset, too.

That's how this type of trolling works, and that's what they did in this case with Sims Mobile. They showed up, went, "Wahhh!!! I'm so hurt! I can't believe I spent $300, $400 on this game so that mobile players can get it all for free! And look, the mobile players are getting all this extra, fleshed out content that we've been asking for!" Then they sat back and laughed watching everyone flying into a panic or getting upset.

They are still laughing, which is why I posted this thread. Like I said before, it's not going to stop them from doing what they're doing but if I can convince one player to realize what's up, I've done my job.
    EiFlric.png
    edited May 2017
    Here's your fully fleshed out, ported TS4 mobile game, everyone! It has everything you could possibly want in a TS4 game, and more! Isn't it disgraceful how they gave so much of TS4's content away? /s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhzfNylpxK0&t=137s
    EiFlric.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top