Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a joke?

TS4 has definitely improved but this still a ways to go and they do? And they give away content that we had to pay for in ts4 plus this mobile game gets all kind of content people have asked for in the PC version still don't have

Comments

• DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I'm very upset. This has to be one of the most uncalled for stunts for EA to invest more money into then their own The Sims 4 product. While I believe that generally the SimGuru's truly do love the sims I think EA just doesn't give a red plumbob to the knees. I'm very active on the forums and enjoy communicating with other Simmers when I can and not one time have I ever heard someone demand for a Sims mobile game. Not once. The majority wants more improvement to The Sims 4 and so do I which is why I find it strange that is not a focus! Well not completely I will give them props on previous patches and whatnot that did help the game but this move makes it sound like they are shoving The Sims 4 to the side and that itches me in the wrong place.......
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Make no mistake this game is not free. The trailer failed to communicate that the game is filled with microtransactions. If you don't spend money you must wait in real time, which can be upwards of hours just to complete one interaction.

This new game is The Sims 4 converted into Sims Freeplay. Basically a losing combination. Funny how they did so much better marketing the free app compared to how they market their PC title.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member
    I know there will be mircotransactions but I think it's this whole thing bothering me
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I think it's understandable to feel bothered by this.

Many paid upwards of 70 dollars for premium versions of The Sims 4 and were let down. Furthermore, expansion packs and game packs didn't hit the money for some people. To see, rather EA put all their manpower in improving a once loved and popular PC franchise, instead they are recycling the same assets into a mobile game to squeeze every buck out of the mobile market? It's frustrating.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    Make no mistake this game is not free. The trailer failed to communicate that the game is filled with microtransactions. If you don't spend money you must wait in real time, which can be upwards of hours just to complete one interaction.

This new game is The Sims 4 converted into Sims Freeplay. Basically a losing combination. Funny how they did so much better marketing the free app compared to how they market their PC title.

Yep, it cost your Sim 24 Sim bucks to skip sleeping or wait six hours. And it's full of stuff like that. And those aren't cheap prices either on buying Sim bucks and other things you will need. It's a bigger cash grab than even the Sims Free to Play.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I think it's understandable to feel bothered by this.

Many paid upwards of 70 dollars for premium versions of The Sims 4 and were let down. Furthermore, expansion packs and game packs didn't hit the money for some people. To see, rather EA put all their manpower in improving a once loved and popular PC franchise, instead they are recycling the same assets into a mobile game to squeeze every buck out of the mobile market? It's frustrating.

I was super ticked off when I first played TS4. I didn't pay for it, but a family member did as a bday present since they knew I loved the sims. They bought the premium edition for me and I didn't have it in me to tell them that they spent $70+ on a $20 game... I probably would have been more upset about it if I had been the one to pay for it.

And about the mobile game, I'm on the same side as most everyone else with this. Definitely not liking it. I spent hard earned money on TS4 packs and now anyone can play all those packs for free in this mobile game. (Mostly free, cause you know micro transactions and all.)
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    It just confirms my early suspicions that TS4 looks the way it does for the sake of a mobile tie-in down the road.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Yes. A very cruel joke.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    TS4 has definitely improved but this still a ways to go and they do? And they give away content that we had to pay for in ts4 plus this mobile game gets all kind of content people have asked for in the PC version still don't have

what content does the mobile game have that the PC version doesn't have?
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member

A sewing machine, fashion career and interactions we asked for PC that we still don't have..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Skobee wrote: »

A sewing machine, fashion career and interactions we asked for PC that we still don't have..

Also an improved family tree and (apparently) better familial relations and interactions in general
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I have made the exact same discussion about this and it seems like EA has deleted my discussion :sweat: hiding too much EA?
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Meh, this mobile game can have all the content in the world and it still wouldn't even hold a candle to how sims 4 was on release day because this is a "free" to play money grab just like the zillions of others already out there and just like sims freeplay. It's not like you can just sit down and play this game like you play the sims, you have to wait hours to get anything done. It's also most likely a completely different team working on it so it's not like it's taking time away from TS4.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    It just confirms my early suspicions that TS4 looks the way it does for the sake of a mobile tie-in down the road.

I feel the same way. Theres a reason the game has continued to be lackluster, easier conversion to this mobile game seems to be a clear reason.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Not everything is free. Most of the prettier clothes and furniture needs to be unlocked with real money, and some is unlockable with simoleons. Almost everything is locked away and requires you to level up to allow you to buy it, and it takes a long time to level up. Now that I've played I'm not even mad. You're not going to download this game and create a cool house and do yoga, you'll have to make playing TS Mobile your new hobby to get this stuff, because It's locked far far away in the level progression.

Don't worry, it's not "a sewing machine" and a "fashion career" it's very, very limited. The sewing machine is only a micro part of the (micro) job, and i'ts basically a 2 second animation of you sitting and sewing up. It does nothing. The only other interaction in this FaShIoN career is clicking on a random sim, you pick a ruler, measure the sim in one direction for 2 seconds and that's it. These vapid careers are meaningless, playing chess in TS4 has more depth and interactions.

Don't worry, it's not "a sewing machine" and a "fashion career" it's very, very limited. The sewing machine is only a micro part of the (micro) job, and i'ts basically a 2 second animation of you sitting and sewing up. It does nothing. The only other interaction in this FaShIoN career is clicking on a random sim, you pick a ruler, measure the sim in one direction for 2 seconds and that's it. These vapid careers are meaningless, playing chess in TS4 has more depth and interactions.

What I mean is: Trust me, if fashion was a career in TS4 whre it's not active and you disappear on the edge of the lot, it would still be better and depper than what we have in TS Mobile. I played it.
  • FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm really peed Spent a lot of money (over £200) on the sims4 packs. For their content end up on the sims moblie. Not only that but that why we have been slow walked over the sims 4. I would not be surprised if there are more features (like the fashion career) that will be given to the game than we have too.

I'm really let down by the franchise. And tbh am thinking of leaving the game.

What I mean is: Trust me, if fashion was a career in TS4 whre it's not active and you disappear on the edge of the lot, it would still be better and depper than what we have in TS Mobile. I played it.

So basically your confirming my suspicions. This was a very "uncalled for" product to only give EA a chance to divert their attention away from The Sims 4......
    Freyann wrote: »
    I'm really peed Spent a lot of money (over £200) on the sims4 packs. For their content end up on the sims moblie. Not only that but that why we have been slow walked over the sims 4. I would not be surprised if there are more features (like the fashion career) that will be given to the game than we have too.

I'm really let down by the franchise. And tbh am thinking of leaving the game.

Leave The Sims 4 but The first three series are not affected by this lack of passion and non sense. When people feel on leaving the franchise I encourage them to only leave The Sims 4 not the entire franchise so I hope you stay with us at least somewhere within the first three series. I myself am currently in The Sims 2 and I can't tell you how many hours I lose from this game.

This is truly sad....:(
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    If it is a joke, I am not laughing!
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello!

I'm going to be closing this thread but wanted to first say a few things:

1. This is not "The Sims 4" on mobile. This is a brand new The Sims experience on the mobile platform.
    2. Those who are playing the mobile product pay for content differently than how it is done on the PC product. Some content will require Simoleons to purchase while others will require SimCash. Content is not all available for "free", the game is simply free to download (currently only in Brazil as of me writing this comment.)
    3. I really hope that you all give it a chance whenever it becomes available in your country :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top