Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    More Perfect plants ? :anguished: uhhh I mean Hurrah more perfect plants. :D<3
    Make $15,000 from selling the two herbal remedies, and from playing for tips.
    Meaning earn $15,000 from both combined? So will have to keep a ledger (for personal tracking) with funds earned?
    Do not sell your harvestables or collectables. Keep them. You may want them for Challenge 2.
    Hmmm I think I know where this is going (heh heh heh)
    Can we sell harvestables not used in the recipes? I am thinking of how crowded inventory can be if nothing is sold.
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @EuphorialQueen -- great questions! make $15,000 total but only play for tips twice a week at most. Don't sell your harvestables or collectables for this challenge. You could move them to your household inventory, maybe? Not sure if that will work. If that won't work, I could make a revision of the rule and say that you can visit your home lot to place extra things in those inventory chest thingies....
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Shizu9no1 - great chapter, and thanks so much for having Kate in your story - lol the original Murkland settler! hehehe Well, you are almost done! Woot! And I am still lagging. MIA huh? No way! I know for sure I am going to see you in one of my chapters! Plus, I love reading everyone's chapters.... I know that everyone works really hard on their stories and videos, so I always try to comment and appreciate them.

@lisabee2 - What a fantastic opening shot - I love that fire dance and the fire in the foreground. Ahhh...and see....Shizu is in your story, too! And the Dance Off! hehehe...great tie in to Kate's story. Thanks so much.

You are all fantastic on this forum!

@kramey63 & @ThatOneKidjohnny - Congrats on the maxis favs! I did download the Plasma Tree Grove to have a look at it, but I don't have the Vampire pack, so couldn't get the full effect, but really good.

@Brennachan - that is a fantastic award for finishing Challenge 1 of the Murkland Challenge!
  • Options
    You may play for tips to throw the mayor off your trail
    Somebody forgot to turn off aging :innocent: and the Mayor died of old age.... :open_mouth: His wife took his place ( I think).
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Brennachan wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen -- great questions! make $15,000 total but only play for tips twice a week at most. Don't sell your harvestables or collectables for this challenge. You could move them to your household inventory, maybe? Not sure if that will work. If that won't work, I could make a revision of the rule and say that you can visit your home lot to place extra things in those inventory chest thingies....
    Valeda went rogue and skipped ahead all kinds of chapters (wasn't me) so I cannot 'legally' move forward with her. I have Martee Moses doing a fresh run of challenge one. She decided to defy the establishment and never pay one dime in bills. I will test to see if she can use a chest at the gym.

Edit: Nope cannot store items in chest at the Gym.
    Presuming you can travel to GF for the What’s Left of the Gym Side Step Challenge?
    The game takes you home when you return. So extra stuff can be stashed then.
    Or..... have a second sale table and add to that one for storage only.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @EuphorialQueen -- both the library and the gym challenge are optional

@SoulGal7 -- I am so happy you like the badge for completing the challenge! YAY!
  • Options
    minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    I'm looking forward to showing my badge off... just need to get member status... I got all the requirements... think it updates at the end of the day or something?
  • Options
    Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2017
    minkydpain wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to showing my badge off... just need to get member status... I got all the requirements... think it updates at the end of the day or something?

Might be something with the forum changes too? Hopefully it will just take a little time and you'll have your status. =) You sure you got them all covered for member?

But sooo Jelly! I'm still trying to get my plants sorted before I can be official! 3 more to perfect!
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Options
    minkydpain wrote: »

Woot! Woot! Can't wait to see that badge flying! YAY!
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Shizu9no1 - great chapter, and thanks so much for having Kate in your story - lol the original Murkland settler! hehehe Well, you are almost done! Woot! And I am still lagging. MIA huh? No way! I know for sure I am going to see you in one of my chapters! Plus, I love reading everyone's chapters.... I know that everyone works really hard on their stories and videos, so I always try to comment and appreciate them.

@lisabee2 - What a fantastic opening shot - I love that fire dance and the fire in the foreground. Ahhh...and see....Shizu is in your story, too! And the Dance Off! hehehe...great tie in to Kate's story. Thanks so much.

You are all fantastic on this forum!

@kramey63 & @ThatOneKidjohnny - Congrats on the maxis favs! I did download the Plasma Tree Grove to have a look at it, but I don't have the Vampire pack, so couldn't get the full effect, but really good.

@Brennachan - that is a fantastic award for finishing Challenge 1 of the Murkland Challenge!

<3<3 it was so much fun to work up to LOL I saw in my stats that you got a few clicks into your story .. I hope for more. (fingers crossed)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    > @Songwolf666 said:
    > minkydpain wrote: »
    >
    > I'm looking forward to showing my badge off... just need to get member status... I got all the requirements... think it updates at the end of the day or something?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Might be something with the forum changes too? Hopefully it will just take a little time and you'll have your status. =) You sure you got them all covered for member?
    >
    > But sooo Jelly! I'm still trying to get my plants sorted before I can be official! 3 more to perfect!

my understanding is 50points(i have like 65) 30 posts(i have just a little more than that) and more than 24hrs haveing the account, I've had it for months though i've used it little till the last month or so.... It may be a glitch or it now updates at end of day, or maybe they changed the requirements...
  • Options
    Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2017
    pnwyTj.jpg

Woot!! Those last 3 plants suuuuucked. :P Now onto the optionals!
    Post edited by Songwolf666 on
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Brennachan
    Re: Outdoor Enthusiast Achievement (Love this component of the Murkland Challenge)
    Milestone III may cause an issue for those who have identified any of the ten Granite Falls herbs.
    = = =
    Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration
    Milestone I: Greenhorn
    Harvest 10 Unidentified Plants
    Catch 5 Fish in Granite Falls
    -
    Milestone II: Forest Scout
    Achieve Level 4 Herbalism
    Cook 2 Plates of Beetles over a Campfire
    Eat 10 Plants
    -
    Milestone III: Wilderness Explorer
    Craft 3 Excellent Herbal Remedies
    Identify All Unidentified Plants
    Befriend the Hermit of Granite Falls
    -
    Milestone IV: Outdoor Enthusiast
    Achieve level 10 Herbalism Skill
    Sleep for 5 Nights in a Tent
    Collect 15 Insects
    = = =
    Identifying Unknown Plants
    Plants need to be identified before they can be used to brew herbal remedies. Sims can eat unidentified plants, but do so at your own risk! There are many toxic plants in Granite Falls that can have nasty effects such as making your Sim Tense, or even worse—making them bladder fail.
    To identify a plant, click on it in your Sim’s inventory and select “Attempt to Identify”. Your Sim will harvest the plant and take a little nibble; if successful they’ll figure out what plant it is! This will build your Sim’s Herbalism skill even if they fail to identify it.
    By reading the plant descriptions you can find out which plants are required for each remedy.

Source: https://www.thesims.com/news/herbalist

FYI: Herbalism Recipes Sims 4
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @EuphorialQueen -- the game is designed to play the aspirations separately and in any order so you should be fine. I believe certain plant bushes are always unidentified even if you sim identified them on a previous visit. Let me know if you run into any problems. If there are problems, we can address them head on if need be. We will figure out some kind of solution.
  • Options
    kreepsymusickreepsymusic Posts: 155 Member
    @Brennachan I was wondering for the Gym Side Challenge if I should move my trash plants into my household inventory or leave em and revive them when I can return to my home lot?
    10945750_1527022374224874_7723481051081880925_n.jpg?oh=5a48d0796e5edf28ba6927ae38538893&oe=5551CE32
  • Options
    @Brennachan I was wondering for the Gym Side Challenge if I should move my trash plants into my household inventory or leave em and revive them when I can return to my home lot?

@kreepsymusic -- they should stay the way they are while you are away from you lot. Usually plants don't die when you are away from your lot.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    @EuphorialQueen I have never had any problems finishing the outdoor enthusiast aspiration. It does not seem to matter when you start it. If you have already identified any plants it will automatically count and show them in the aspiration once you start it.

@Brennachan thanks for the badge! :smiley:

@Shizu9no1 loved your new chapter! Hurry up and evovle those plants! We don't want Oshi going MIA for too long. We will all miss her story updates!

I guess I'll need to get going and finish up Jaxton's challenge, so Aspen and take on the two side challenges! Thank goodness I was able to get a new graphic card so quickly and my hubby was so quick to install it for me and I am now back in business well Murky business that is!
  • Options
    BlueJeans04989BlueJeans04989 Posts: 84 Member
    @Minkydpain - Did you get your status worked out? If not, try logging out and logging back in. That worked for me.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi everyone! A new chapter in Kate's Misadventures in Murkland! Hope you all enjoy and have a murky day!
    http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/05/murkland-monday-chapter-14.html
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited May 2017
    More Perfect plants ? :anguished: uhhh I mean Hurrah more perfect plants. :D<3
    ^^ This. @EuphorialQueen , you are too funny! Sorry to hear about your Valeda game but I'm super impressed that you'll run through the trash plants gauntlet once more with a second sim!

@Songwolf666 Congrats on finishing! And you even finished a collection! Woot, woot!

@tammyjo329 Thanks for you nice words. oshizu is so excited about the Gym Challenge that she kept me up for hours last night, planning her new "outfit," lol. So, yeah, I need to work on my trash plants last three levels. :smiley:
    Great news about your new graphics card!

@SoulGal7
    Loved your latest chapter! I really enjoyed seeing @MeaganJo 's Optimist Outlook Post through Kate's eyes.
    More comments on your blog. :D
    Post edited by Shizu9no1 on
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    @Brennachan
    Thanks so much for being available to answer all our questions about the new side challenge!
    Good to know about not our harvestables & collectibles before and during the Gym Challenge.
    I've been saving one of every plant and all the collectibles in my beloved Buyer Beware storage chest so far, but I'd been planning to sell off most of my personal inventory at the end of the Starter Challenge. My game gets buggy if I have 99+ items in a stack...

Also, while trying to boost my Gardening early in the Starter Challenge, I planted trash fruit in all the planters below the gym.
    May I enter Build mode at the gym to delete those plants? I'm pretty sure they are a mix of Normal and Nice quality.

Okay, oshizu is very eager to finish the Starter Challenge so she can start the Gym side challenge!
    Thank you the incentive!
  • Options
    @BlueJeans04989 hum doesn't look like it, thanks for the suggestion, tried it but doesn't seem to have worked...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top