Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile!

I am so excited for the Sims mobile! This is what I've been wanting from the Sims! We had the Sims Freeplay which I hate, with its useless expensive dlc, to waiting 10 minute for your sims to eat lunch, it's just terrible imo. I've been wanting a real sims game on mobile and this game looks awesome. I know it's on mobile so they will have limitations. I will talk about my worries/things I don't like though, since the trailer didn't show us a lot. I will also say things I like.

-Why are the heads so big? I know they are going for a quirky vibe but it's honestly kind of annoying

-This will be different from the Sims Freeplay right? I won't play if I have to wait hours for my sims to do simple tasks like: watch tv or eat lunch

-I love seeing all the stuff from the Sims 4 dlc put into the game I found that neat!

-Hopefully we wont have to wait forever for babies to arrive and pay for simpoint just so we don't have to wait 24 hours

But Overall I'm really excited if this a real sims game on mobile!

Comments

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    But, but, but... Sims mobile is Sims freeplay 2.0. It takes 6 hours to sleep otherwise you've got to pay.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2017
    But, but, but... Sims mobile is Sims freeplay 2.0. It takes 6 hours to sleep otherwise you've got to pay.

If that's true I am completely disappointed and probably won't be playing. That really stinks.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Gameplay wise it's the same concept as Ts Freeplay: real time and micro transactions (you have to unlock stuff with real money or in game currency earned through quests)
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    Gameplay wise it's the same concept as Ts Freeplay: real time and micro transactions (you have to unlock stuff with real money or in game currency earned through quests)

Awe man that stinks. I hate that.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    I am so excited for the Sims mobile! This is what I've been wanting from the Sims! We had the Sims Freeplay which I hate, with its useless expensive dlc, to waiting 10 minute for your sims to eat lunch, it's just terrible imo. I've been wanting a real sims game on mobile and this game looks awesome. I know it's on mobile so they will have limitations. I will talk about my worries/things I don't like though, since the trailer didn't show us a lot. I will also say things I like.

-Why are the heads so big? I know they are going for a quirky vibe but it's honestly kind of annoying

-This will be different from the Sims Freeplay right? I won't play if I have to wait hours for my sims to do simple tasks like: watch tv or eat lunch

-I love seeing all the stuff from the Sims 4 dlc put into the game I found that neat!

-Hopefully we wont have to wait forever for babies to arrive and pay for simpoint just so we don't have to wait 24 hours

But Overall I'm really excited if this a real sims game on mobile!

you are seriously excited for this you do realize its still going to have pay to play elements in it right.

why would anyone be excited about that seriously.
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    brendhan21 wrote: »

why would anyone be excited about that seriously.

I don't get how anyone can get excited over mobile games in general ( with very few exceptions ). Especially when franchises that don't belong there try to find a place on the market just because it's the new hot trend.

dude you are saying exactly what i think. i do not understand why people enjoy mobile games so much to be honest since you need to pay to win/pay.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm so sick of game franchises focusing on microtransaction mobile games. I have a $2,000 computer and a huge monitor. Why the plumb would I want to strain my eyes, kink my neck, and burn out my phone battery? Aside from playing spider solitaire when I'm stuck at an airport, I have absolutely no interest in staring at a tiny screen.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    So that's what they have been spending their time making instead of making us expansion packs like pets or seasons that we've been wanting
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    It would be interesting to know how many people actually play on their phones. I've played Freeplay for 6 years and started on an iPad. I play at home. While watching TV, when doing laundry, or when I just have a few minutes to get my sim fix. I take my iPad when going for appointments, just in case there's a delay. I take it with me when traveling. I take it to work and play during lunch and breaks. It will never replace my Sims on PC but it's fun for what it is.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    The heads are big because its easier to see facial expressions on a smaller screen. But the game really is freeplay 2 gameplay wise. I was disappointed too.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    With Sims Mobile, let the nickel and dime begin(Dollars) begin. My wallet is saying no to Sims Mobile and I agree. Playing in real time is a ploy to get some to spend those dollars because one might get impatient and decide to pay the fee.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member

It only takes one hour to sleep (there are two options, from what I'm seeing in game), and fully recharge the sim's energy.
    I've been playing for a few hours now, and I'm pleased by the way that almost all the actions take very few seconds.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • rohann9rohann9 Posts: 6 New Member
    yes the game is awesome and its not the freeplay 2...its an awesome new cocept based on stories.
  • FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    Way to make the £200 I've spent on your game pointless....

Lost all faith in sims
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Freyann wrote: »

Lost all faith in sims

Why do you say that? It's a totally different gameplay experience.
  • FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member

Lost all faith in sims

Much of the sims 4 expansion pack content (such as restaurants) included within the new game. We spend this money to get exclusive items and interactions. Take restaurants for example I spent £15 on dine out alone.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

Lost all faith in sims

Much of the sims 4 expansion pack content (such as restaurants) included within the new game. We spend this money to get exclusive items and interactions. Take restaurants for example I spent £15 on dine out alone.

For restaurants, I've only heard people say that you can wait tables and clean them, maybe cook? It doesn't seem from what's been said so far that you can choose a menu, own the restaurant, or take your Sim to eat or celebrate a birthday or have a date at one. It sounds like a different experience from Sims 4 but with some assets (objects) ported over. It sounds like I couldn't do any of the things I use Dine Out for. (There could be more that I haven't seen people post about, but so far, it's just employment tasks. Maybe on TSMobile you can pay to unlock something like a Dine Out experience? Which would seem fair.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member

Lost all faith in sims

Been playing The Sims Mobile all day and I can tell you that in NO WAY this game comes even close to TS4.
    There are very few free objects, and very few new objects that you'll unlock by leveling up and spending money. Don't let the trailer and the pics mislead you, the objects that you think they've been taken from TS4's EP/GP/SP can be counted on the fingers of one hand and it's a grind just to get them since they cost game money.
    The restaurant (and all other careers) are entirely different from what we have in TS4.
    I have all the TS4 content that there's out there, and after the few hours I put into it I don't feel robbed by seeing that there's one identical mesh of a chair in this mobile game. Really. There's so little stuff in it that it's not even 1/100th of TS4.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2017

Lost all faith in sims

Been playing The Sims Mobile all day and I can tell you that in NO WAY this game comes even close to TS4.
    There are very few free objects, and very few new objects that you'll unlock by leveling up and spending money. Don't let the trailer and the pics mislead you, the objects that you think they've been taken from TS4's EP/GP/SP can be counted on the fingers of one hand and it's a grind just to get them since they cost game money.
    The restaurant (and all other careers) are entirely different from what we have in TS4.
    I have all the TS4 content that there's out there, and after the few hours I put into it I don't feel robbed by seeing that there's one identical mesh of a chair in this mobile game. Really. There's so little stuff in it that it's not even 1/100th of TS4.

Yeah, I got the same impression. I was outraged and felt attacked, but after playing all day, I see there is no reason to feel bad about this at all. Tthe game is so, so limited in what you can do with objects. Let's say there is a couch from movie hangout stuff. You can't use it to sit and play, you just click it to do 2 second actions and get up, with the whole intent of sitting down being earning XP. Also, that couch isn't customizable, you can't even change swatches like in TS4, so while in TS4 you could really feel like you own the couch and it's a versatile asset for you the player in your living room, in TSM It's just a holography you can't even use like you would simply use a couch in TS4. This example was long because I just want to stress how so, so very limited every object, interaction, and animation is compared to TS4. It's kinda sad. You don't even play with your sims freely the same way. Let's say you find a cute girl for your sim to date. You basically have to repeat a generic flirt action with the same animation 20 times, then you do a social event to make her a "romantic interest". you are then forced to sit and talk. stand and talk, drink water from the fridge, voilá! now you 2 are romantic interests. now do this entire process 6 more times to become boyfriends, soulmates, engaged, etc. There is no real interaction or connection between sims or actions you do in the game. Everything you do is strictly to complete a checklist, social event or earn XP. You can't really pretend to "play the sims" if you tried, it just looks like the sims, that's all. It's more like those restaurant facebook games where you click click click to complete a level, don't even feel sad or betrayed or mad, this game is nothing compared to even the sims 1.
  • Mei-Len666Mei-Len666 Posts: 4 New Member
    Q: In The Sims 4 Mobile will I be able to close my game and come back a few days later with out my Sims dying? I would like to know if anyone can tell me. Freeplay got a miss for me because my Sims were dead after I fell a sleep and awoke up to them dying.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    dogboy678 wrote: »

If that's true I am completely disappointed and probably won't be playing. That really stinks.

It's true and I find it hilarious that it takes 6 whole whopping hours for sims to sleep only to have their energy burned out within the next few interactions.

Naps are just as bad too, those last about 60 minutes/1 hour.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2017
    Mei-Len666 wrote: »
    Q: In The Sims 4 Mobile will I be able to close my game and come back a few days later with out my Sims dying? I would like to know if anyone can tell me. Freeplay got a miss for me because my Sims were dead after I fell a sleep and awoke up to them dying.
    They won't die at all. I have played the Sims Freeplay on 3 devices but there are months between I open the game on 2 of those devices and no sims have died yet :)

But if you are away from the game and then open it you will often (but not always) see that all the sims have their needs in red. Then you just have to repair those needs by letting them sleep, eat and so on. This is most usual to happen though if you only are away for the game a day or two. If you instead are away for weeks then the game will often reward you for coming back by letting all your sims be inspired (all needs completely in green).

Sims in Freeplay can only die from old age and they only age if they are doing something ;)