Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will the game be played in real time or can we fast forward during tasks?

In the sims freeplay it takes real time minutes/hours to do tasks. Will that be the case with the sims mobile too?

Comments

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Not at all interested in that kind of gameplay to be honest.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Not at all interested in that kind of gameplay to be honest.

sadly me either, I played freeplay for a week or so but i just dont have the patience.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Thank you for answering the main questions on anyone's mind who was wondering. I figured it would be micro-transactions heavy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Thank you for answering the main questions on anyone's mind who was wondering. I figured it would be micro-transactions heavy.

Yup, after playing it for a bit, I can say, it's very micro transaction heavy.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Nah... I'm good. I'm not interested in performing 1 interaction an hour.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Not interested in this at all :s
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I do have to say i am sad about the fact its real time. I really like the look of this game in term of the graphics etc. Im not going to rule it out but im not a very patient person, im not fussed about the micro transaction though, they dont bother me.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    What exactly is the appeal of playing Sims in real time? I play a handful of farm life browsergames and it goes something like this: Tend to the animals, plant crops and sell produce to customers, maybe start an expedition, then log off and return the next day to harvest the crops. For waiting eight hours I get a complete acre full of mid level herbs, which translates into ingame money and thus more animals, more crops and more land to cultivate. In Sims mobile I get - what? A full energy bar. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how that is something to look forward to.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    What exactly is the appeal of playing Sims in real time? I play a handful of farm life browsergames and it goes something like this: Tend to the animals, plant crops and sell produce to customers, maybe start an expedition, then log off and return the next day to harvest the crops. For waiting eight hours I get a complete acre full of mid level herbs, which translates into ingame money and thus more animals, more crops and more land to cultivate. In Sims mobile I get - what? A full energy bar. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how that is something to look forward to.

I don't get it either, I used to like playing the virtual villagers games which were real time but that was setting a group of people to work on something like building a hut and then you would go back on the next day to see real progress. It was more about managing them to build a village and make breakthroughs, not about managing their basic needs and going away while they slept. My friend played the sims freeplay and I'm sure she said that if she told her sim to eat, she would then have to wait 20 minutes to do anything else with them. Also it looks like you're just controlling one sim so it's not like you can concentrate on others when one is doing something boring. So... Nope don't get it at all.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well just like Freeplay, Sims Mobile will not be on my devices. I generally stay away from Free to play games with Micro-transactions unless it is skins which I would not indulge in and I can progress in the game normally without them.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2017

There's tons of studies you can find online on why games like The Sims FreePlay/Mobile, FarmVille, etc. become profitable.

These games offer a treadmill of little accomplishments. When we accomplish each goal in these games, dopamine is released from our brain, we become happy, and we begin to crave that sensation over and over.

In The Sims mobile, that's the careers and social events. Most of the time, they're super easy and completing them makes you feel like you are accomplishing something (but you are not!). As I said, this is a treadmill. There is no endpoint, so the game is designed to keep you wanting that dopamine release.

When the game has you hooked, it starts finding ways to hide that dopamine behind pay barriers -- these are the time limits that require you to pay companies like EA in The Sims Mobile for Sim Dollars so you can quickly speed through your Sim's interactions. Or quickly purchase that Sim dollar bundle that will expire in, oh no, two days time!! Impulse buying is an incredibly popular tactic used in the mobile industry.

Ultimately, when situations such as Sims Mobile basically forcing you to forfeit an entire 5 mins of your time at your Sim's career unless you quickly purchase dollars to fill their needs before time runs out, stress is created so you pay for that sweet dopamine. And the cycle goes on and on. That's why I dislike the mobile industry. Its products consist of nothing but garbage that preys on the psyche of the brain.

I just know I'd much rather have a PC game which strengthens the brain instead of exploiting it like mobile games do.
    Post edited by Sk8rblaze on
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    This might also be related to why we have these Jasmine events in TS4. The idea is to achieve some objective within a timeline, just like in mobile games. Looks to me like they are attempting to boil frogs.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »

I don't get it either, I used to like playing the virtual villagers games which were real time but that was setting a group of people to work on something like building a hut and then you would go back on the next day to see real progress. It was more about managing them to build a village and make breakthroughs, not about managing their basic needs and going away while they slept. My friend played the sims freeplay and I'm sure she said that if she told her sim to eat, she would then have to wait 20 minutes to do anything else with them. Also it looks like you're just controlling one sim so it's not like you can concentrate on others when one is doing something boring. So... Nope don't get it at all.

I am a pretty regular player of sims freeplay and in that game taking care of needs doesn't take long at all, most of the actions to fill up the needs take a few second, 5 seconds to use a toilet, 20 seconds to use a fridge, 20 seconds to use coffee machine that brings up the energy bar with no penalties, 30 seconds to browse the internet which brings up fun, longer wait times appear in other things, for example when doing quests that unlock additional furniture or activities, for example you have a time limit of one week to complete a quest that unlocks weather, (to get some weather appropriate clothing, otherwise you are free to spend a month completing it, you still get weather in the end) and it is about helping an alien and actions take much longer to complete, if you plant plants, it also takes a couple of hours normally, if sims go to work it also takes 5-8 hours, and you have about 30 sims after few weeks of playing.