Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re-Issue Limited Edition w/holiday freebie? Petition please sign!

:evil: I don't know about anyone else but I am outraged at this as I paid a fortune for my limited edition base game at release :evil: How dare EA offer this again to ones not paying all that money when released, and turn around and give them even more? :shock: This it total horse manure and we should stand up and DEMAND EA give those of us who bought and paid full price for the limited edition already, thst same fee dld of holiday stuff as it's only fair! 8) Please sign here if you prepaid and bought the limited edition long before release 8)

TnT_Terry
I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png

Comments

• Options
    iloveunicornsiloveunicorns Posts: 181 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I totally agree with you!!
    I paid about $100+AUD(I also got the game guide which wasn't worth beans :() .....and well to find out they are re-releasing with added items seems so unfair!!! So I Sign you petition and hope it gets us somewhere with EA :lol:
  • Options
    musicmom11musicmom11 Posts: 1,698 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm in as well. My kid used some of her money to help me get it. Granted she plays as well but not as much as I do. :evil:
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited November 2009
    its bad enough i missed out on the plumb bob but to also now be missing out on extra holiday stuff really tips the scale, the stuff said to be coming soon to the store under the holiday specials tag better be the same items bing put in with the new stuff in that box and i meen all of it not single thing missing that they get.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    edited November 2009
    Even though I didn't buy the Collector's Edtion of the game, I have to agree with all of you! :shock: That is unfair! :evil: If anything, they should give everyone who bought a limited ed. collector's version of the game free SimPoints on the extra stuff and have those extra items be for sale in the SimStore for the regular price for the rest of us! :wink:
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    Ashyy_xAshyy_x Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2009
    I agree!I paid $130 (AUD) for the limited edition. It's not fairr! I want the Holiday items :x /signed.
    Origin ID: -TragicAffair
    tumblr_inline_nah35yGcvQ1r5h0tf.gif
  • Options
    Ampey2006Ampey2006 Posts: 481 Member
    edited November 2009
    I didn't purchase the special edition, but that is not fair to those that did.
  • Options
    DaddyandMikaDaddyandMika Posts: 272 New Member
    edited November 2009
    SIGNED! :x
  • Options
    WindsorErickWindsorErick Posts: 2,796 New Member
    edited November 2009
    YOU ARE all missing the idea! We are getting those items, but they will come from the store. Do your research...please. :?
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited November 2009
    YOU ARE all missing the idea! We are getting those items, but they will come from the store. Do your research...please. :?

UHM store?? why ever should we have to pay for those items that should be free to those that bought it the first time out?? :shock: :evil:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    They will be free. :roll: Not everything from the store is going to cost money.
  • Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited November 2009
    I will sign your petition Terry but I didn't pre-order. Got mine at the store down the street...but I agree very unfair.

Bre
  • Options
    eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited November 2009
    I've not heard this news at all but I paid $120 AUD for mine and I dont think that's fair! Signed by me!

EDIT: I just looked in the news to see if it was there and i found it! That is RIDICULOUSLY UNFAIR! I feel ripped off now! They should have to atleast pay more for it than we did!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    They will be free. :roll: Not everything from the store is going to cost money.
    What's the point of advertising it in the re-release of the limited edition then if it's going to be available to everyone for free?
  • Options
    Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Just a question not that I don't agree with all of you that this is unfair but do these petitions ever work? Does EA listen? I don't think so... While EA makes my favorite game in the whole world and I love them for that I understand that they are a lot huger than they used to be and have fallen out of touch with the players... I feel like EA is going to do what ever makes them the most money and we can just well deal with it.

Any way....

signed/
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Because every big name corporation re-packages their products with holiday themes to appeal to buyers during Christmas. It's a well known marketing point.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Double post.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Because every big name corporation re-packages their products with holiday themes to appeal to buyers during Christmas. It's a well known marketing point.

Yes but isn't there a law against false advertising? If they're advetising that you can get this new stuff with the limited edition I think that people would all assume that they'd have to buy it to get the items that come with it, not just jump on the computer for free... It seems to me, at least, that they are implying that you have to buy this new limited adition to get it, but what you're saying is that it has nothing to do with the re-release at all. Is that right?
    Because if it is then it means that EA is trying to scam people.
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited November 2009
    eiphos1212 wrote:

Yes but isn't there a law against false advertising? If they're advetising that you can get this new stuff with the limited edition I think that people would all assume that they'd have to buy it to get the items that come with it, not just jump on the computer for free... It seems to me, at least, that they are implying that you have to buy this new limited adition to get it, but what you're saying is that it has nothing to do with the re-release at all. Is that right?
    Because if it is then it means that EA is trying to scam people.

The set in the store and the limited edition are different. :wink:
    So no, it's not false.
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited November 2009
    We'll we do have that muscle car from preordering. I wonder if one can get that too when buying this?
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm a little confused. This petition is for EA to give the items now offered in the re-released limited edition version to people who bought the limited edition version via preorder?

Why? That wasn't part of the deal when you bought it.

I agree that that sucks for those of you who preordered the game, but I don't see why that now makes you entitled to the items that are included in the re-release because you purchased it under a different deal.

Now that you can buy TS2 limited edition, with Uni, and Apartment Stuff, should we all be entitled to get our money back for buying each of those games separately when they were first released? Of course not.

I agree that it feels unfair, but it's not in any way cheating the consumer. It's just now a better deal to try to hook those who haven't jumped on board and bought the game yet.
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm a little confused. This petition is for EA to give the items now offered in the re-released limited edition version to people who bought the limited edition version via preorder?

Why? That wasn't part of the deal when you bought it.

I agree that that sucks for those of you who preordered the game, but I don't see why that now makes you entitled to the items that are included in the re-release because you purchased it under a different deal.

Now that you can buy TS2 limited edition, with Uni, and Apartment Stuff, should we all be entitled to get our money back for buying each of those games separately when they were first released? Of course not.

I agree that it feels unfair, but it's not in any way cheating the consumer. It's just now a better deal to try to hook those who haven't jumped on board and bought the game yet.

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong here because "limited edition" means "LIMITED" period and was only supposed to be available to those of us who "pre-ordered" only and only a certain amount of copies at that (meaning limited again)!
    So that they are re-releasing something we all paid extra for is so totally
    wrong and adding even more to it makes it 10 times more wrong!So yes we should be entitled to those items for free!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited November 2009

what he said ^ and they will be FREE:

http://www.thesims3.com/holiday

"Gifts from The Sims 3 Store*
    Coming Soon! New Holiday items for your Sims"

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I suppose its a case of good things come to those who wait.
  • Options
    hippiedippie927hippiedippie927 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited November 2009
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    :evil: I don't know about anyone else but I am outraged at this as I paid a fortune for my limited edition base game at release :evil: How dare EA offer this again to ones not paying all that money when released, and turn around and give them even more? :shock: This it total horse manure and we should stand up and DEMAND EA give those of us who bought and paid full price for the limited edition already, thst same fee dld of holiday stuff as it's only fair! 8) Please sign here if you prepaid and bought the limited edition long before release 8)

TnT_Terry

nanos_cheese_product2.jpg
  • Options
    nicelongsleepnicelongsleep Posts: 463 New Member
    edited November 2009
    nanos_cheese_product2.jpg

0211093-01.jpg

:P