Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 gets a cute mobile version (The Sims Mobile)

13...Next

Comments

• Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Candyd Verizon brought back unlimited data, so if the other carriers haven't yet, its just a matter of time, at least in the US. I'm not sure what kind of providers other countries have.

I don't imagine this being a free app. They have had sims apps in the past that, if I recall, were $10. Unless this is very watered down, like Sims City Build It was. It looks very in depth, though. I don't have patience for game apps, mainly because of all the pay to play and having to wait for things.

I've played a ton of different iterations of the sims growing up, from all versions of the PC, xbox and xbox360, Ps2, gameboy, and have tried FreePlay and another sims app. Nothing will ever compare to the Sims on the computer, and I don't think you've truly experienced playing The Sims if it wasn't on a computer.

ETA: I checked the app store, and Sims 3 for mobile is $6.99, and Ambitions is $4.99. FreePlay is obviously free. I'm pretty sure Sims 3 mobile was $10 at one time though.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    This looks really cool. I loved Freeplay before they ruined it with the death update and insanely boring questing. It will be nice to have a mobile game of the REAL sims experience!
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Ran across these pics on Twitter. The Sims Bratz Freeplay 2 Mobile is pretty much a microtransaction game.

More pics here: https://twitter.com/TheSimsStyle

2d8jh28.jpg

4e43l.jpg
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    Ran across these pics on Twitter. The Sims Bratz Freeplay 2 Mobile is pretty much a microtransaction game.

2d8jh28.jpg

4e43l.jpg

Wow, they really did that didn't they? It's basically freeplay. Here I thought that it would be a regular sims game where the only microtransactions are clothes and furniture. I really don't like this "wait real time" system from freeplay. I'll pass.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »

2d8jh28.jpg

4e43l.jpg

Wow, they really did that didn't they? It's basically freeplay. Here I thought that it would be a regular sims game where the only microtransactions are clothes and furniture. I really don't like this "wait real time" system from freeplay. I'll pass.

its the sims 4 freetoplay demo

freeplay is making millions for them this game was bound to happen now they can make money out of both

real time is a big part of this part of games
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    At long last EA gets to cross platform Sims 4 like they always wanted. Doesn't matter to them that the quality of their PC game took a steep decline, they get to cheaply port over the small variety of content that's there and then sell it again! This time with always online social/multiplayer included! Happy day!

But seriously, this would make so much sense for why we aren't seeing any content. They have to keep the two games somewhat on the same page. Notice how the free version rips content from different DLC and undoubtedly they have plenty more lined up from other packs.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Yoko2112 wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    They literally took all the textures from sims 4.

And the meshes. And the animations. And what looks like the whole game with a graphical downgrade and simplified Sim models.

Not a fan of this at all. And the fact they even have City Living stuff and toddlers in there makes me feel like the whole game is just TS4 as a free to play mobile game with probably hundreds of microtransactions. Sorry if I'm gonna offend anyone but I hate not only what they're doing here but games like that in general.
    They're just created to make a quick buck off of players and only serve the mindless crowd to have some "cheap" form of entertainment that their brains can handle. It looks just like a straight up copy of the PC/Mac version, and if that's the route this series is taking I'm utterly disappointed.

Or, more likely, it's by design to be so much like The Sims 4, that players will fall in love with this at an entry level, and go play The Sims 4.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

And the meshes. And the animations. And what looks like the whole game with a graphical downgrade and simplified Sim models.

Not a fan of this at all. And the fact they even have City Living stuff and toddlers in there makes me feel like the whole game is just TS4 as a free to play mobile game with probably hundreds of microtransactions. Sorry if I'm gonna offend anyone but I hate not only what they're doing here but games like that in general.
    They're just created to make a quick buck off of players and only serve the mindless crowd to have some "cheap" form of entertainment that their brains can handle. It looks just like a straight up copy of the PC/Mac version, and if that's the route this series is taking I'm utterly disappointed.

Or, more likely, it's by design to be so much like The Sims 4, that players will fall in love with this at an entry level, and go play The Sims 4.

Oh how sweet of them. If only that's really how it worked.

The game is similar to Sims 4 because they ported various components from PC to mobile. If they want people to fall in love with Sims 4 maybe they should invest in marketing, because a F2P Sims game plays nothing like the PC title. If anything, those who fell in love with the mobile app wouldnt like Sims 4.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

Oh how sweet of them. If only that's really how it worked.

The game is similar to Sims 4 because they ported various components from PC to mobile. If they want people to fall in love with Sims 4 maybe they should invest in marketing, because a F2P Sims game plays nothing like the PC title. If anything, those who fell in love with the mobile app wouldnt like Sims 4.

Right. With TS3's mobile apps, I got sick of the music/sound effects in the actual PC TS3 game itself because my mind kept associating it with the horrid gameplay from the apps.

I feel the same will end up happening.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I really like how we're all just angry with what they just pulled on us lmao, we're all so salty I like it. :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Paying to get through real time sleeping? That is a new low.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Paying to get through real time sleeping? That is a new low.

It's just 1 hour wait, I'ts not that bad...
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited May 2017
    So it really happened...I saw something about this in 2014 and wow...They actually did it. It only took 3 years to make :)
    Reminds me the nightmare I had when the first stuff pack was revealed, almost exactly 3 years ago.
    It was all planned, back in 2014 lmao.
    So the way the game looks, only way to rotate stuff is by 90 angle degrees like in the Sims 2? Interesting.

If this plum is why the Sims 4 kept getting screwed over...
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I'm so angry that I'm go to the bathroom and do an "angry poop".
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Closing this thread as it is not "The Sims 4" on a mobile platform and I don't want any confusion running rampant.

Please visit our site to read the announce blog by SimGuruSarahJen regarding the soft launch of this product and its focus :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top