Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quickest way to get broken sinks and baths? I need an electric ghost!

I'm trying to make an electric ghost, I have the technophobe sim to break the stereos, but I am having all 3 of my sims constantly reuse the sinks to break them, but they haven't been breaking and they are the cheap sinks, I need the puddles of water so that my sim can fix the stereo in it and die of electrocution, anyone know how to break sinks n stuff faster?

Comments

• Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited November 2009
    I guess you could just queue up a bunch of actions to use the object, and just cancel them off as the sim starts to perform them. Other than that, i'm not sure.

Isn't there traits that give a higher percentage of breaking things...like unlucky and clumsy?
  • Options
    New_RoostermanNew_Roosterman Posts: 402 New Member
    edited November 2009
    DarciHyde, the quicker way is to buy a sprinkler, place it on the lawn. Then place an electrical item inside the area the sprinkler waters and then have the sim try and upgrade it. If they have a low handiness skill i beleive you should get the result you are looking for.
  • Options
    DarciHydeDarciHyde Posts: 791 New Member
    edited November 2009
    OMG Thank you Rooster! I will definitely try this! I can't believe I didn't think of that. :lol:

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think it helps if you have them mess around with the more expensive electrical items too.
  • Options
    palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited November 2009
    If you want a leaky sink, just buy the cheapest one and make sure your Sims are in a bad mood when they use it. My sinks are always broken in my game...because they live in a 1-room shack and just gave birth to twins.

*head-desk*
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh, almost forgot. Get a slob sim to shower, they always leave a puddle.
  • Options
    SellolzSellolz Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Something that also works is if you make your sim "pee-theselves". They will leave a puddle and you place the broken electrical device beside it and make them repair it!
  • Options
    funkyglassesfunkyglasses Posts: 206 New Member
    edited August 2012
    get a telaphobe sorry i can't spell to break a tv then get puddles around it then chose the sim you want to die fix it then BOOM grimmys in your house
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited August 2012

Buy the cheapest dishwasher. It breaks all the time and always leaves a puddle. Have an inexperienced sim fix it. He will get singed. Don't have him shower but go immediately back to fixing the dishwasher. Zappo! Meet your electric ghost.

Not that I've done that or anything....I'm just speculating that that could be an easy way to do it if say, Grandpa was getting on your nerves.
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    edited August 2012
    Buy the cheapest dishwasher. It breaks all the time and always leaves a puddle. Have an inexperienced sim fix it. He will get singed. Don't have him shower but go immediately back to fixing the dishwasher. Zappo! Meet your electric ghost.

Not that I've done that or anything....I'm just speculating that that could be an easy way to do it if say, Grandpa was getting on your nerves.

Purely speculative. All theoretical, you know. Scholarly assumption. :lol::mrgreen:

Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion