March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CM's Architecture Thread - Fun while it lasted!

creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 3 Builders
Welp, looks like Hurricane 403 took out a lot of the houses in this area. Time to start rebuilding!

As a former architectural drafter (who longs for those glory days) I use Sims 3 to live out my dreams. So welcome to my new thread in the new forum :)

See the primary thread located here
So glad all the old threads are back where they belong!
Post edited by creativemetaphor on

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, that was a level 5 tornado :s

You better get started building, and glad you started a new thread :)
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited May 2017
    To start things off, I'll repost the shower tutorial that @MiaSkywalker had requested a while back. I don't claim to have thought of this idea all on my own, though I might have - I honestly don't remember now! But I thought it was an idea worth sharing as an alternative to the simple one-tile showers in the game, having a walk-in or glass surround shower.

Walk-in and Glass Surround Shower tutorial

Some finished pictures
    3%20Bath%204_zpsvdyxokeq.jpg
    4%20Bath%204_zpsynyvfooj.jpg

• skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    I love this idea! <3
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited May 2017
    What did they do - delete the mixed Creative forum, and divide it by the version of Sims, deleting all the threads in the process? What the heck were they thinking?

I've now been waiting a day for the forums to come back up. I didn't realize they WERE back, just that our threads are no longer there. That makes me rather angry. :angry:
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @MiaSkywalker I hope they do actually have the ability to put the old threads back in.
    At least we've still got the rest of the forum with all its threads, despite in a really weird sub-sub-SUB-category type of thing.

For some reason the forum update closed a thread with 0 replies I made about a month ago though.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @MiaSkywalker I hope they do actually have the ability to put the old threads back in.
    At least we've still got the rest of the forum with all its threads, despite in a really weird sub-sub-SUB-category type of thing.

For some reason the forum update closed a thread with 0 replies I made about a month ago though.
    I would say that the complete loss of all threads on the Creative forum outweighs ANY positives that came from this. As far as I'm concerned, there are NO positives if all those threads are gone. That forum was the backbone of this forum, and without it, you might as well get rid of the whole thing completely.

While I would be glad that they split up Sims 4 from Sims 3, I will just ask this: Why do this now? They had been split up at one point, and then EA decided to merge them. Now they want to split them again. Why did they merge them in the first place?

I have no confidence in anyone at EA at the moment. They make arbitrary decisions and then rescind them later. They should be able to restore those threads from backup, but I question their competence, and am cynical about if/when they will return.
    edited May 2017
    While we wait for it to reappear, I'll post a couple of the houses I have finished for @MiaSkywalker 's Round Robin Build Exchange thread.

Himmel och Hav

The first one was built for @ciane and was inspired by modern Scandinavian designs. It's a small but cozy house, with a walk-out basement with sauna, a bed loft, and all-around spectacular views. Room for some growth but fit for a Sim who doesn't want too much house to keep in order.

Screenshot-7_zpslx4oupto.jpg

Himmel och Hav Slideshow
    Exchange link

Mount Vernon
    This one was for @kgaff and was a simproduction (with some modifications) of Mount Vernon, George Washington's Virginia home. The kitchen was moved from an outbuilding into the main house which displaced a bedroom and moved the study, and bathrooms were added to each floor, but otherwise it is as close as I could get to a faithful reproduction of the mansion. 7 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, and indoor plumbing!

2%20Front%20Elevation_zpsfzsnb92w.jpg

Mount Vernon mansion Slideshow
    Exchange Link

Never any CC or CAP.
    edited May 2017
    This house was built for the BuildnShare challenge 187: The Second Sister. The client, Journye, was the keyboard player in a rock band, and her fashion designer wife Rosie who would be the home-maker of the two, and so the house was to follow her aesthetic more than Journye's punk, with a budget of 45k.

I designed a pseudo-Victorian with an open floor plan, sundeck with pool, and decor that was feminine without being too girly. The house has a private, ellegant master suite upstairs, a guest bedroom/bath and Rosie's office downstairs, and Journey's get-away room in the basement, along with a sunken greenhouse and room for a third bedroom.

1%20Exterior%200_zpsdweig7g6.jpg

Good Day, Sunshine Slideshow
    Exchange Link

Never any CC or CAP
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    The exterior designs of each of the three homes look very nice! :) Each are uniquely special in their different style.
    The yellow colour scheme of Good Day, Sunshine looks so nice and sunny! The roofing and the tower look very nice!
    The modern Scandivanian design of Himmel och Hav looks very stylish! The wooden wall texture looks very nice.
    Your simversion of Mount Vernon reflects it so very well! It looks just like the inspiration home!
    It is great that your builds thread is now back in the new Sims 3 Creative Corner :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/907340/creativemetaphors-sims-3-architecture-fix-new-hermitage-build
    @rosemow I did see that! It's wonderful all the threads are back, so many people were feeling so devastated yesterday!