Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 gets a cute mobile version (The Sims Mobile)

Comments

• CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Why am I not surprised at all ? It was obvious at the base game release. Its simplicity, it was never designed to be a PC / Mac game only. It's been intended to be used and re-used with all platforms since its development's beginning, not just older PCs. And it always intended to add an online mode. When I said TS4 looks like a "facebooked" version of the Sims (and that's precisely why it looks incomplete)... I guess it will certainly be available on Facebook. LOL
    Not interested in the Sims for Facebook, no thanks. And not interested in something that can't be modded either, because it will certainly be 100% online.
    It could potentially have been fun, if only it didn't have its online mode. The current PC / Mac gameplay would be well adapted for smartphones and tablets as it is. As something that's mainly intended to be played by one person.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @Yoko2112 I think that was more what I was trying to get across. Thank you.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    So, this is it. Their "vision". They basically reapropriated the content from TS4 for this mobile app, and it really makes me doubt the future of the series on PC, given the focus this new app has on the forums now. I fear this will be their favored child. At least it looks better than freeplay. It's good for people that only play on mobile, even though there will be people wanting to stay on freeplay that will hate this new game. Who knows. I just hope they don't put TS4 to the side.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    The Sims 4 Pocket Computer.

It's like playing The Sims on a gameboy. Except a gameboy that more than twelve-year-olds own. And that they can stuff hidden costs on to make big $$.

I'm not a fan. Partly because I'm a die-hard PC user for reasons of not having to spend hundreds of dollars on other consoles and partly because my old gameboy didn't have microtransactions, and I'd bet money that this will. And partly because I don't like the social blight that Pocket Computers are, drawing people away from existing in a moment with other people, no matter where they are or what they're doing.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I honestly really regret ever buying the Sims 4 seeing this for mobile.. I honestly would maybe just play a bit on mobile and keep playing Sims 2 or Sims 3. I already spend so much money on TS4 though so I feel like I need to play it.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/05/09/the-sims-mobile-frequently-asked-questions/

For anyone who's interested. Wasn't sure if I could quote what is essentially their entire article.
    The big heads are known as "Chibi" style or deformed style. It's popular for mobile games because it allows more detail on the face. Like I usually think of the 'normal' anime style with Sims 4, the Mobile models are the 'chibi' style of anime.

Chibi is a bit different, more like this :
    *snip*

It doesn't necessarily allow more detail, in fact it mostly gets rid of many details on the face, especially with noses. But the big heads make it easier to see changes in expression and thus emotion/mood. Even more so than what regular anime-style faces can accomplish.

They looked far worse when they were initially shown in a survey, back in 2014. I posted about it back then, too.

nUUfIF5.png
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I've been playing Fire Emblem: Heroes on my phone which eats up most of my battery, but I'd probably give it a try, just so I could see if that family tree is legit. It looks pretty.
    Not sure if I'll keep it for long term, though. I don't like using my phone for games unless I have to. Like FE:Heroes.
    Triplis wrote: »

It's like playing The Sims on a gameboy. Except a gameboy that more than twelve-year-olds own. And that they can stuff hidden costs on to make big $$.

I'm not a fan. Partly because I'm a die-hard PC user for reasons of not having to spend hundreds of dollars on other consoles and partly because my old gameboy didn't have microtransactions, and I'd bet money that this will. And partly because I don't like the social blight that Pocket Computers are, drawing people away from existing in a moment with other people, no matter where they are or what they're doing.

@Triplis I globally agree.
    But I disagree on one point : the only 12-year-olds who have a GameBoy in 2017 have been 12 years old for 20 years now :p
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »

@Triplis I globally agree.
    But I disagree on one point : the only 12-year-olds who have a GameBoy in 2017 have been 12 years old for 20 years now :p
    Lol, good point. I was wondering if that would make sense when read by people. :tongue: I was kinda going back in time with that comment, with the twelve-year-olds reference.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I like the aesthetic far more than Freeplay which didn't appeal to me at all. I'm not that much into mobile gaming though, I've played a bunch of games occasionally (but never spend any money on them), most of them have been uninstalled when I run out of memory, I only have Pokemon Go left. I may give if it a try, if I like it, perhaps I'll keep it installed :D
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    mirta000 wrote: »
    my concern (this, coupled together with the fact that The Sims department got moved to mobile branch of EA and the fact that our forums now give the same amount of space for 2 mobile games as they do for all 4 PC games + sin offs) is that they're switching their development mostly to just mobile. I do not think that we will get TS5 on PC.

I honestly doubt there will be a TS5, i'd rather have a different company make a new sims game than to have EA work on it again.

There is nothing indicating that the franchise won't continue on. Even after a disappointing launch the game still manages to be a top seller.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I will give it a try when it comes out.

Not a fan of those tiny body's with huge heads lol...
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    It has a fashion design active career! I feel betrayed... Sometimes the Sims FreePlay team puts out cooler stuff than the PC team!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I might have a look at it, depending on how reliant it is upon online interaction and microtransactions.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    hahahahahhahahahahhahahaha they have sewing machine omg the sims is dead

https://youtu.be/SwskqDkVmkw
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    I've been playing Fire Emblem: Heroes on my phone which eats up most of my battery, but I'd probably give it a try, just so I could see if that family tree is legit. It looks pretty.
    Not sure if I'll keep it for long term, though. I don't like using my phone for games unless I have to. Like FE:Heroes.

that game is so good and im the same way too
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I'll have to delete so much to make space for this on my phone
    Gmmov8T.gif
    I see they have a sewing machine and a Fashion Designer career, both things that have been talked about for the main game. I hope we get those things in the main game soon.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I was kinda hoping for a Sims 4 online. Or at least something where you can interact with other people like the Sims online (FreeSO)
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I was kinda hoping for a Sims 4 online. Or at least something where you can interact with other people like the Sims online (FreeSO)

A completely optional online mode that functions like the way Minecraft handles its own multiplayer modes could work out very well, IMHO.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't play mobile games but it looks cute to me. I can see kids playing it for sure. What is it rated? Teen?
    egTcBMc.png
    I'll have to delete so much to make space for this on my phone

That won't be the worst. Wait until you see the bill because people will scream when they see how much data that thing will consume. I'm ready to bet that playing will be almost impossible without Wi-Fi and with the phone charging, even worse than King games.
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    At least it included toddlers :D

But seriously, it looks fun. Might be a good substitute for when you can't get on a laptop.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I see they have a sewing machine and a Fashion Designer career, both things that have been talked about for the main game. I hope we get those things in the main game soon.

The sewing machine could potentially be in the family GP (it kind of goes with the theme). Since the stripped everything from TS4 I wouldn't be surprised that they also took some objects and items which are currently under development for the Pc version.

The sewing machine could potentially be in the family GP (it kind of goes with the theme). Since the stripped everything from TS4 I wouldn't be surprised that they also took some objects and items which are currently under development for the Pc version.

Fingers crossed. I'm not into sewing IRL but making the custom clothes in Sims 2 was one of my favourite things.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top