Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 gets a cute mobile version (The Sims Mobile)

TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwFMyHGtIXs

They literally took all the textures from sims 4. xD But it looks good for a mobile game.

Comments

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I think this what they really envisioned for TS4. I just hope that if they make a TS5, it's not solely for mobile devices.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    So I guess this is the replacement for Sims Freeplay? Looks decent.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited May 2017
    I just hope they didn't took sims 4 producers to make this game. It seems to be made by maxis unlike freeplay
  • Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    Well I guess that old Olympus code needed to be used somewhere. It looks alright but I'm honestly hoping this isn't the reason why we've only gotten 3 major expansion packs out of TS4 so far.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I knew this would happen eventually. I saw surveys that included images of big Sims 4 heads on tiny bodies, as concepts of Sims in a future mobile game.

They did this with SimCity after it bombed, and now they're trying it with The Sims, after neglecting the fourth iteration for so long. It's a huge shame.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Wonder when it will be released. Looks like fun.
  • Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I knew this would happen eventually. I saw surveys that included images of big Sims 4 heads on tiny bodies, as concepts of Sims in a future mobile game.

They did this with SimCity after it bombed, and now they're trying it with The Sims, after neglecting the fourth iteration for so long. It's a huge shame.

You know the thought of The Sims being put down in the shed and having it's corpse reanimated as a money hungry corpse like SimCity has never crossed my mind but now that you mentioned it I'm genuinely nervous.

Suddenly not having a ton of major packs and only low-effort content being sold piecemeal takes on a whole darker meaning.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

You know the thought of The Sims being put down in the shed and having it's corpse reanimated as a money hungry corpse like SimCity has never crossed my mind but now that you mentioned it I'm genuinely nervous.

Suddenly not having a ton of major packs and only low-effort content being sold piecemeal takes on a whole darker meaning.

EA will probably have their cake and eat it too.

They'll charge PC users premium prices for content and then, when it ages, recycle it into the app and try to nail their userbase there with micro transaction galore.
  • divine_simmerdivine_simmer Posts: 30 Member
    Looks cute!
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Why does the family tree seem more detailed, it looks like they have better interactions too or is it just me?!?! :|
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    This is a good thing for TS4, really. Since things like mesh/texture/animation can be easily recycled for TS Mobile and mobile games can make a lot of money, this would allow them to have a higher budget when creating new assets for TS4, as the said assets can be reused later for TS Mobile.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    This actually looks like so much fun!
    giphy_1.gif
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    It seems to be a good alternative to the pc game when you aren't home. I will definitely play it in the summer holidays on my iPad when i travel.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    That's a good looking copy with just about everything right there. Too bad I don't want to play sims on my phone, just a complete no.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    From what I gather then, it's a mix of a Sims 4 port (Just under the name "Sims Mobile") and possibly a replacement for Sims Freeplay? Not my cup of tea as I don't play too much on my phone because I don't want battery hogs (Pokemon Shuffle anyone? And not GO because that you can actually quit that...in a tech sense. Get back here Scyther!) but for mobile gamers, it should be fun for them. And it looks like it has multiplayer so have fun, players. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I might be a bit bitter about the fact this is free and we still have to pay for the Packs .. I mean, I know this game is a lot of different since it's on mobile but I feel kind of ripped off. Won't be playing it though, their heads are so big for some reason :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    my concern (this, coupled together with the fact that The Sims department got moved to mobile branch of EA and the fact that our forums now give the same amount of space for 2 mobile games as they do for all 4 PC games + sin offs) is that they're switching their development mostly to just mobile. I do not think that we will get TS5 on PC.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    my concern (this, coupled together with the fact that The Sims department got moved to mobile branch of EA and the fact that our forums now give the same amount of space for 2 mobile games as they do for all 4 PC games + sin offs) is that they're switching their development mostly to just mobile. I do not think that we will get TS5 on PC.

I honestly doubt there will be a TS5, i'd rather have a different company make a new sims game than to have EA work on it again.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited May 2017
    Skobee wrote: »
    I might be a bit bitter about the fact this is free and we still have to pay for the Packs .. I mean, I know this game is a lot of different since it's on mobile but I feel kind of ripped off. Won't be playing it though, their heads are so big for some reason :D

Thing is, that is just up to this point. I wouldn't worry about it since it's on a different platform. It may get different updates than the PC version doesn't, much like the patches FreePlay gets.

The big heads are known as "Chibi" style or deformed style. It's popular for mobile games because it allows more detail on the face. Like I usually think of the 'normal' anime style with Sims 4, the Mobile models are the 'chibi' style of anime.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I don't particularly care what they do on mobile, as long as they continue to develop the game for the PC/Mac in a reasonable fashion. I don't play games on mobile anymore; the screen is too small for my liking.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited May 2017
    Cute or not, just - NO! :p
    Not for me, that is.
    I have bought almost everything for Sims across the PC, DS, & Nintendo systems, but I will not go that micro-transaction / mobile-game route, with Sims.
    (Free-to-play is never really free. Unless you want to be tortured by one aspect or another.)

If most games want to go this route, then there is nothing I can do to stop them.
    But I REFUSE to buy into it.
    I do not invest in mobile games (for phones/tablets).
    I don't care what anyone else does, or what is considered "the way to do things now".
    It's Not For Me.

I have more games, than time, to play anyway, (lost count after 200, from various systems & PC), so I won't be crying in a corner about it.
    But maybe it will keep more money in my wallet (or for other things) ?...
    Maybe that's a good thing? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top