Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Progress! He's doing a lot better!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    And even though they had some MASSIVE bumps in the road along the way,

I was about to make a crack at how 'that's not a nice way to refer to Luc and Hazel', but I don't think I could bring myself to do that, as much as I disliked the two of them near the end. (not to mention that I don't think I could resist calling them "Puke and Hack-zel" considering how awful they'd become, anyway)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    And even though they had some MASSIVE bumps in the road along the way,
    rednenemon wrote: »
    I was about to make a crack at how 'that's not a nice way to refer to Luc and Hazel', but I don't think I could bring myself to do that, as much as I disliked the two of them near the end. (not to mention that I don't think I could resist calling them "Puke and Hack-zel" considering how awful they'd become, anyway)

"Massive bumps" is really putting it mildly when it comes to referring to Luc and Hazel. Me, I think of them as massive selfish 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that got in the way, rather being the bumps to cross over. They literally had to be killed off for Mark and Joce to get their HEA. And yeah, they did tell Mark that they were okay with it, but only after the damage had been irrevocably done to the couple.

I really would love a crack at the what could have happened type of fan-fiction.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Haha @rednenemon @orangeplumbob by "bumps", I didn't just mean Luc and Hazel haha I meant Tobi and Colette being unsupportive, Mark dumping her, her getting with Elliot, the awkwardness of Luc and Hazel's wedding, the tragedy of losing Luc and Hazel, having to step up to raise Zayne... There were more bumps than just Lucas and Hazel! I know you both despise them, but there were other factors that kept Joce and Mark apart too :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited May 2017
    @rednenemon @orangeplumbob
    I'm that you would both agree something good did come from that, we got Zayne. Even if so far he has made a few bad decisions at times. (Sorry @CitizenErased14 but it's true).

Although you might argue that he would probably still have been born whether Joce & Mark were togethor or not. I am glad that Marklyne ended up surviving though.

(We also got Tony, Charlie & Alex)

*runs away quickly to avoid possible angry mob*
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Haha @rednenemon @orangeplumbob by "bumps", I didn't just mean Luc and Hazel haha I meant Tobi and Colette being unsupportive, Mark dumping her, her getting with Elliot, the awkwardness of Luc and Hazel's wedding, the tragedy of losing Luc and Hazel, having to step up to raise Zayne... There were more bumps than just Lucas and Hazel! I know you both despise them, but there were other factors that kept Joce and Mark apart too :)

Fair enough. But I don't think of raising Zayne was a bump, but more as a way to get them back together. Zayne was the glue!

Fair enough. But I don't think of raising Zayne was a bump, but more as a way to get them back together. Zayne was the glue!

That's very true haha I don't think they ever would have gotten back together if it hadn't been for Zayne :) It was just a very difficult, tragedy-filled road to get there haha
    snvAF3B.png
    I have no idea if this relates to Zayne and Hope at all (most likely not), but for some reason I imagine it to be something that Zayne might listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hOIUAobYY
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I can totally hear a HoZay connection @rednenemon ! Thanks for sharing! :)
    snvAF3B.png
    My heart is heavy today :heartbreak:

Interlude: Eulogy
    mP7xmSD.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Good bye Mari :'(
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    #NotReadyButIGottaFaceTheTruth

:'(
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Ugh, this is so sad. I loved all the pictures, especially the ones with her as a ghost looking at her past mistakes. ;_;

Farewell, Mari. Enjoy the afterlife with Jonas and your parents. <3
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    A beautiful tribute.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Thank you @Ruby10990 @InfraGreen @Arrowleaf @pammiechick :)

I know this chapter is somewhat 'out of place' compared to the rest of the story, but she was my favorite heir and I wanted to do something special for her... We'll be back to our regularly-scheduled Zayne on Wednesday! (Hopefully a happier Zayne that what we've seen lately...?) :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I will miss Mari
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I am glad she was able to give Zayne that final push that made him begin the process of turning his life around.

I went from not liking her to adoring her. I have an idea I will do that with Zayne too. He is on the road to earning that thanks to Mari.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Awww, Mari. Very touching tribute to her and the hard path she had to walk.
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    THERE ARE TEARS.
    Random question: Can sims have children in the afterlife?
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
    Wralai wrote: »
    THERE ARE TEARS.
    Random question: Can sims have children in the afterlife?

And stick Tobi, Stefan, and Clara with unneeded babysitting duties? I hope not. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @Bugsie2016 @AudreyFld @kayt45 Thank you guys :heart: (And Audrey, maybe someday! We will see what the future holds for him :) )

@Wralai I am gonna say no to afterlife babies in my canon :tongue: (were you hoping for future Marklyne afterlife babies? Haha)
    snvAF3B.png
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    @Bugsie2016 @AudreyFld @kayt45 Thank you guys :heart: (And Audrey, maybe someday! We will see what the future holds for him :) )

@Wralai I am gonna say no to afterlife babies in my canon :tongue: (were you hoping for future Marklyne afterlife babies? Haha)

...Yes
    No Marklyne babies, then?

170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
    edited May 2017
    Haha no @Wralai , sorry! Not happening (in this life or the next ;) ) :tongue:

It was just never gonna happen for them. Honestly, even if they hadn't broken up for several years, there wouldn't have been any Marklyne babies. Mark already had a 20-year-old daughter. He really did not want any more children.
    snvAF3B.png
    I have no idea why exactly, but I was listening to this song while reading the most recent chapter, and now I feel all sad and cold inside. :disappointed:
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Your Rosebrooks tend to find a way around those things. Maybe Mark was just playing the smartest long game he could. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top