Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round Robin Build Exchange

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Mia, I think of the missingdeps as the file responsible for missing or deleted pieces. Sometimes when that is refreshed (like the *cache.package files) the system finds things it lost.

Kgaff, Yay for being finished and hopefully I can move a legacy sim into it some day.

On my computer front, the guy building my new computer believes he'll get parts in Monday and maybe have it ready for me by Tuesday. Of course I bumped up the SDD requirement to 500 based on advice from a friend and an old tech thread, so it might be a little bit longer. Until then, I'll continue with Addy's other LL starter and Creative's art museum on my laptop.
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Ciane:
    Ohhh! So you're getting an SD drive as your system drive? Very cool! I'm told Sims 3 runs amazingly fast when you do that. So does pretty much anything else. I think 500 is the largest SD drive available, at the moment. If Sims 3 is the main game you play, then you probably don't need anything larger.

SD drives also have the advantage that they don't spin, so have fewer problems than traditional platter drives. Speed is the first thing most people see, but there's also considerably less wear and tear on the drive. (I wish I had a SSD system drive. When they get to 1 or 2 TB, I just might do that.)
    Actually, there are some that large now Mia. But, as sims is the only game I play, I think I'll be fine with just 500 for the OS and my game. Everything else with go on the mechanical hard drive. Then, I'll have another hard drive just for backup of the other two. That's probably overkill, but backup is always nice!

Those you do a lot of photography, video, and editing love SSDs because they travel well as well. No spinning parts means not worrying about breaking anything. But, yeah, it's all about speed. No more waiting forever for the game to load or save. I'm super excited about that.

I haven't gone shopping for the physical disks that I don't have yet. I should do that this weekend!

@creativemetaphor - I've been working on the Art Museum today and CASting. I did some layout changes to it. I didn't like the fact that the ladder to the storage room was available to anyone who entered the VIP bathroom. And then I thought that the guard might want a shower without having to go to the basement and using those open to the public. So, it dawned on me that I could delete one sink and add two more small rooms - one as a shower and the other as access to the storage and guard rooms above. THEN, I realized that the artist would have to come down two floors and cross the main exhibit to get to the VIP bathroom; so, I made a small bathroom in the room leading up to the artist loft. It's a tiny bathroom that, of course, I love, but I'm not sure that you'll have all the plumbing. I'll do some pics in a bit. I'm still CASting.
    edited May 2017
    @CreativeMetaphor:

I finally managed to finish the UIC images and upload the Warrior Training Grounds.

I've updated my original image post with the download link, but I'm also including it here.

I'm also writing a walkthrough on my website. (It's a new website, so doesn't really have much - anything - on it yet. Other than a few images of my cats, from when I was first playing with the site and seeing how this website provider works.) The walkthrough on my site isn't complete, but if you really need it, I can email you the Word document I've written.

I would recommend at least trying the tomb without the walkthrough first, though. Just because games are more fun when you do it that way. :)

ETA: Walkthrough on the site is complete. I recommend not reading it until you've tried the tomb, unless you really want spoilers.
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
    @ciane, @ADWilson, @creativemetaphor, @Kgaff:

Forgive me, my brain isn't working properly. I've gone back several pages, but I think I might not have gone back far enough. I don't remember; has anyone completed anyone else's builds for this current round yet? My recollection is that Ciane has - probably, since it always seems she's so far ahead of everyone - but I'm not 100% sure. If anyone has, can you let me know? I want to make sure I update the first page with the proper links to the downloads and image posts.
    p.59
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15733038/#Comment_15733038

Your swim pond and Addy's LL build (both the original versions & hopefully the right ones, but I couldn't check them out). I just uploaded what was sitting in the export files. I do hope to revisit those when I get my new PC next week (hopefully).

And congrats on getting yours uploaded. I got the first rec.
    ciane wrote: »
    p.59
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15733038/#Comment_15733038

Your swim pond and Addy's LL build (both the original versions & hopefully the right ones, but I couldn't check them out). I just uploaded what was sitting in the export files. I do hope to revisit those when I get my new PC next week (hopefully).

And congrats on getting yours uploaded. I got the first rec.
    Thank you, Ciane! I thought you had posted Addy's, but couldn't find the post. I think it was because that was a long post, so the links got lost for me when searching for them just now.

I hadn't noticed that you had uploaded the original for me! I'll need to link that one as well, in last round's download links. I got two for the price of one! <3
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2017
    @MiaSkywalker
    I'm still working on @Kgaff's build. :)

ETA: Build part is now done, but it's going on 1 am so time to call it a night. Pictures should be up sometime tomorrow/later today. :)
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    Good Morning :smiley:
    Photobucket isn't "playing nice" on this beautiful morning @Kgaff so I'm trying out imgur and so far, so good.

Upstairs Peeks

Activity Room
    bqoBXKn.jpg
    YF0K1oi.jpg

Boy's
    XM0cVG9.jpg

Girl's
    L3f7Afx.jpg

Jack-and-Jill Bathroom
    Entry from Boy's
    SDOeg9E.jpg
    Entry from Girl's
    iChOHXM.jpg
    Between
    JfNpABS.jpg

Overview
    RI774I9.jpg?1

Since you prefer lighter-colored ceilings, I colored these white to match the windows ... not that you can tell. :lol:

Will continue testing the build while I wait to hear word on what you think.
    Love those bath colors and the white in the hallway looks great too. It looks like a great layout, so the shuttered windows stirred you in a great direction!
    edited May 2017
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Good Morning :smiley:
    Photobucket isn't "playing nice" on this beautiful morning @Kgaff so I'm trying out imgur and so far, so good.

Since you prefer lighter-colored ceilings, I colored these white to match the windows ... not that you can tell. :lol:

Will continue testing the build while I wait to hear word on what you think.
    Are you limiting yourself to the free floorings to keep yourself as a starter? Or are you not worrying about price?

I like the colors, although the style isn't the type I play. I think the furnishings are very comfortable. If the flooring/ceiling price isn't the issue, you might consider some of the wood styles on the ceiling. The wood flooring style you have in the activity room, for instance, is very light, and using that for the ceilings might give it more character than the flat white. Although... it might not fit in more contemporary homes, so maybe something light but with just a little bit of texture would work better. (The ceilings in my home have this white stuff on them, that has a lot of texture in it. It keeps the house from echoing. Not entirely sure how you would duplicate that in the game.)

Another suggestion for image sites is tinypic. Even though it's run by the same people as Photobucket, it doesn't seem to have some of the problems. It DOES, however, have an annoying page that pops up when you've been idle on it for a while, and which has some really horrifying images on it that make me feel sick. The slideshows on both photoshop and tinypic also don't play well on my computer. After three or four images, they pop up, and then the tops of every picture after that gets cut off. Very annoying, and it might be a Chrome bug, but I'm not willing to deal with the slowness of Edge just to get around it.
    Thanks @ciane :)
    It's neat when an object (in this case the shuttered windows) provides the direction a build takes!

No @MiaSkywalker this isn't a starter by any means ... I just like the look of the free flooring. I'll try the activity room flooring on the ceiling since I'm not 100% happy with what's there at the moment. You might be thinking of popcorn ceiling which does add quite a bit of texture, but if I'm remembering correctly from home decorating shows is a pain to remove.

Playing around with ceilings a bit more. Do you like any of these @Kgaff ?
    jzKATp3.jpg

Tried a covering that made me think of textured ceilings
    RR5n2XW.jpg
    d6DNfA7.jpg

ncUd0Zo.jpg
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @ADWilson I like the swirly ceiling but not the wood. The tiled bath ceiling is good too.
    I think some solid colored carpet in the bedrooms and both ends of the activity room would make everything cozy, then maybe some complimentary colored tile around the laundry to divide the two areas. You could also pop in an area rug in front of the laundry machines.

Other than that I don't think there is anything else to improve upon. It feels like a nice warm family home. I'll have to get a family started and have them ready to move in! <3 Thanks for working so hard on this!
    I like all those ceiling choices, though I'd go with a white wood or much lighter creme in that first one. (Of course, I'm not kgaff; just offering another opinion.)
    Perfect timing, @Kgaff :)
    Testing is done and the only change I had to do was turn the staircase around since the original way caused a routing error when trying to go back downstairs ... like Hotel California you could enter, but not leave :lol:

Will work on those changes you'd like to see and get pictures up in a few.
    With your suggestions in mind @Kgaff
    dvcHnaB.jpg
    soYTx25.jpg

vrtVBRw.jpg
    xwy3cTd.jpg

The carpeted areas do indeed make the rooms cozier!
    @ADWilson It's Perfect!! Great color choices. Now it's all warm and snugly :)
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @ADWilson It's Perfect!! Great color choices. Now it's all warm and snugly :)

Hooray! Super happy you like it :smiley:
    Now on to preparing the picture tour.
    edited June 2017
    @creativemetaphor - I finally got some pics uploaded through the launcher. I have to keep deleting older pics to make room for the new ones, so all the old pics of this build are gone now. NEW pics added in spoilers are the overview pics to the towers, main floor and basement.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    (There are some floater tiles there that I deleted after seeing them in the pic!)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Current:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    No more columns or spiky pieces on the towers!

The Towers:
    NEW Overviews: screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Main Medieval exhibit, Multi-cultural exhibit, and Collections room
    NEW Overview: screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Main floor
    NEW Overview:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    (But no new changes!)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Seating for guests and storage for their stuff:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Basement
    NEW Overview:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    (But no new changes!)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I ended up not CASting the floors, walls, and ceilings differently, because that would have meant all new pics, which I have no room to add.

And download link is here:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9086525
    Post edited by ciane on
    edited May 2017
    To: @Kgaff

Bungalow Bliss
    Built at 19443 Bob-o-Link Drive, Appaloosa Plains
    30x30 lot; Furnished approx. §86,000
    No CAP, 3PCC and has been Custard Checked

2MEgFKg.jpg?1
    Download Link => HERE <=

Ground Level
    Overview
    j7DixTn.jpg?2

One-Car Garage
    cdffsQh.jpg

Garden
    dsmKMuj.jpg?1

Patio overlooking toddler play area
    ahu78e5.jpg
    DEBJNKQ.jpg

Toddler play area is separate from where the older children play
    pUoqrPU.jpg

Main Floor
    Overview
    17eiTzO.jpg?1

Living/Dining
    gBpIL9r.jpg
    HEHnTvd.jpg
    BRlzi2a.jpg

Hallway with Kitchen to the left of the stairs and doors leading to the Half Bath & Master Suite to the right
    gmBfMy7.jpg
    4TF5AAK.jpg?1

Kitchen
    BYRHHZC.jpg
    VQcgKe2.jpg?1
    VvqHHUG.jpg

Half Bath
    S3uPAqO.jpg

Master Bedroom
    aIXkw0X.jpg
    UdOv0QC.jpg

Plenty of blank walls for hanging family photos or children's paintings
    zVRhtve.jpg

Master Bath
    527SxNR.jpg
    4lCaxab.jpg

Upstairs Level
    Overview
    IxHvYRX.jpg?1

Activity area
    N4oxVkt.jpg
    OxC2g1D.jpg
    jXxRxI2.jpg

Boy's Bedroom
    w3fqYWp.jpg
    rZlPjTI.jpg

Girl's Bedroom
    fwyZAHi.jpg
    OsdJOw9.jpg

Jack-and-Jill Bathroom
    Boy's Side
    RnxaZu2.jpg

Girl's Side
    3JLYcmQ.jpg

Between his and hers
    Llu6cnr.jpg

aOa2Pxg.jpg?1
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited May 2017
    It turned out really well, Addy!

@creativemetaphor - I didn't tag you above, but probably should have. I didn't have room to add all the overheads and outside views in my media section, which is severely limited and requires a pic deleted to add a pic.
    @ADWilson Thanks so much for this adorable house! I have a family ready to move in now, Mom, Dad and two siblings with a possible third on the way! I know they will enjoy this home for a long time to come. <3
    @KaytayRoall Hi again! I look forward to working with you in this next round. I eagerly await your letter so I get my muse working again. :)

For @ciane

ciane's Azure Dream
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9084960

This amazing art deco home is fully furnished for a family of three or four. The open first floor features a living room, dining room and fully loaded kitchen as well as a small office. Upstairs is a family room, the shared bath, the master bedroom with private balcony and a kids room with a play porch. There is a basement with a gym, sauna, laundry room and kids corner.Built for ciane in the Round Robin Build Exchange. NO CC No CAP

This was the inspiration
    super%20mod_zpsgl49zt5h.jpg

And this is how it came out

Screenshot-26_zpsdwclih4y.jpg

The tour starts here ~

Overview of each floor
    1st floor
    Screenshot-55_zps2kxpvcak.jpg
    Second floor
    Screenshot-54_zpsapvgfite.jpg
    Basement
    Screenshot-56_zpsncxedfmn.jpg

Living room, dining room, kitchen and office
    deco%202%20living%20room_zps29kxapdn.jpg
    Screenshot-30_zps6dhgt9m3.jpg

Screenshot-21_zpsogdohtgd.jpg

deco%209%20kitchen_zpskrf8godl.jpg

deco%203%20dining%20office%20deck_zpsxsnlc1aj.jpg

The second floor has a family room, the master bedroom with private balcony and the kids room also with a small balcony

deco%204%20master_zpsg1nynkkq.jpg

deco%205%20kids_zpsqo9gpnop.jpg

deco%207%20family%20room_zpssnt6mic1.jpg

The fully finished basement has the laundry room, a sauna, a workout room and kids play area
    deco%208%20basement_zpsb4pp3y9s.jpg

A few outside pics, the bbq area right off the kitchen and a trampoline for the kiddies
    Screenshot-71_zps6mf7p68b.jpg
    Screenshot-72_zpsegulfyp7.jpg

:)

edited May 2017
    LOVE it!!! Thank you so, so much. The tile on the back patio is especially pretty! Great work out room and lots of fun stuff to do in the rec area. I love the sauna! Great retro look to everything. Your furnishings are perfect! LOVE the Prius and those lights on the columns. It's just stunning. You are awesome. It is awesome. Now, to get my new computer and everything installed, so I can start playing with all these awesome new homes.

Also, thank you for taking the time to do all those collages. That made it so much easier to load and look at all the pics!