Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University and Seasons (Also more skills and games)

There needs to be University and Seasons expansions! Sims need to be at least a teen before being able to attend University, and they should have the option to take advanced classes or go to private school. Adults should have the option to attend part-time so they can raise a family. There also need to be more options for scholarships, such as for adults with children and teens that went to private school; I miss schmoozing with the headmaster. We also need backpacks, buying school supplies for all ages, and the ability to do homework together instead of just asking for help. Study parties! I want to see laptops make a comeback as well. Part-time jobs for teen-elder should also be a thing, as well as babysitting and running your own daycare out of your home lot.

Seasons need to be added as well, perhaps through a free patch, with a stuff pack that includes things like a lemonade stand like the Sims 2, and ice rink, playing in the leaves, and pool and BBQ parties.

There should be more interactions available for children and teens like tag, kicky bag, red hands, water balloon pranks, and pillow fights. These should be skills, as well as slow-dancing.

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I want university and seasons too but there's just no way they will give weather as a free patch. We were exceptionally lucky to get toddlers free, I think.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Juliette_CappJuliette_Capp Posts: 50 Member
    I disagree. I think that because this is a life simulator, we need weather and toddlers equally. I know that when the creators started talking about emotions, the thing they mentioned most was how emotions affect the completion of daily tasks, and I feel like weather should be treated the same way. I'm not asking for everything in a patch, just the basic rain, snow, sleet/hail, and a few falling leaves. I don't think it should need it's own expansions since many things we would need such as clothing and items are already in the base game or can be bought in Backyard Stuff.
    I]'d love weather in my game, and I've love it even more if it came free, but I just don't think that will happen after all this time. However, I do think there would be a riot if weather didn't come at all so I firmly believe it will come in EP form.
    I would rather it came as a Stuff or Game Pack, in all honesty. What kind of things do you think or hope they would add to justify the EP cost? Unfortunately, I do think you're right, but I don't think it will be well received.
    Sims 3 Seasons came with festivals. We already have festivals though they are different to the ones in Sims 3, and not as much fun in my opinion. Both versions of Seasons came with gameplay relevant to the weather, such as overheating or getting too cold, playing in the snow etc and I know in Sims 2 season affected certain things, like autumn was the best time for learning new skills. I'd be cool with weather and seasons in a game pack, if they don't have loads of new things to offer in an expansion, but I honestly think it's too big for a stuff pack.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited May 2017
    These are the two EPs that I feel I need before I can get really immersed in this game.
    I live in an area where the seasons are very diverse, so dry summer all the time is odd and immersion breaking for me.
    We finally have Toddlers, but raising children and sending them University is a big part of my game play.

Also need pre-teens to fill the gap made by these 19 and 7/8ths teens.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I definitely want both of those packs too, and either witches or fairies in a game pack (or both!)
    I love the idea of pre-teens and being able to customize the seasons! That actually never came to mind. I completely agree about the festivals, but I think if a new world came with the seasons pack like TS2, it could be an expansion. I want stereotypical fairies in the Sims that can hang out in trees and fly in through windows in fairy form. They can have secret treehouse hideouts or something where their needs decayed almost nonexistently and skills are gained much more quickly.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I'm feeling pretty anxious about Uni right now. I'm waiting for it so I can get my teens aged up and on with their adult lives. I don't want to have to wait another two years for it. :-/
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Don't believe we will get Seasons free. ^^
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jojosimmernyjojosimmerny Posts: 30 Member
    I really want seasons but I like university too. I doubt seasons will be added as a free patch but I never thought they would add toddlers as a patch either and they did. If they do choose to add seasons as a patch, I think they shouldn't even announce it, just spring it on us as they did toddlers.