Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Pet's and Seasons

DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi, thank you to @sparkfairy1 for letting me create this thread about Ideas at a Glance for Pets and Seasons, and for supporting me with this.

I wanted to offer people a place to suggest their ideas for a perfect scenarios for Pets and Seasons in TS4

Everyone is welcome but please respect each other's ideas and boundaries. We all want the best from the Sims for us and we all have different likes/dislikes. Use this as your ideas board for the developers to pop in and see at a glance what would make you happy for Pets and Seasons in The Sims 4

I'll start with a few ideas for Pets
Dogs and Cats
large amounts of breeds, with the ability to create up to 15 of your own.
lots of interactions.
Controllable Pets
Pets that react with their owners and have emotions.
Puppy and Kitten Skills like Toddler skills, such as movement, Barking etc.
Dog Toys
choices on what to feed your dog/cat, cook things for your pet
Toddler interactions with pets, maybe a fussy Toddler gets licked and get's annoyed, and cries.
Small pets
Small, medium, large Dogs.
Pet DNA, up to 3 traits
Life stages: Puppy, Teenage/adolescent, Adult, Senior
Breeds that look like their real breed.
Visit the Pet Salon, for a cuting of nails, a clip, a special bath, basically pampered.
Varying coat lengths, short, medium, long, very long.
Pets can go in pools if they want, but they have to learn, or they may not want to go in.

Ideas for Seasons
Rain, Hail, Snow, Wind, Thunder, Lightning, Sunshine.
calendar, you can have a summer holiday season or a Winter holiday season.
the temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius.
Pets react to Seasons, and so do Toddlers, if Toddlers go out without a coat in the rain then they can be told off, Toddlers can play in the puddles and more, and Toddlers and Pets can go on a slip and slide, and Pets can embarrassingly fail.

That is what I have for now.

***Drum roll Please!!!***

I DcD2510 officially declare this Thread "Ideas at a Glance for Pets and Seasons" to be Open!

Welcome Give the devs your ideas!
I Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Post edited by DcD2510 on

Comments

• DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I know people must have ideas
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I would like for pets ep to have small furry pets like hamsters that escape from there cage and cause havoc then return to their cage as if nothings happened. It would be good to have some wild animals too which go through your bins at night.

For seasons children could build snowmen that come to life like the imaginary friends in sims 3. If you get caught in a tornado you could find yourself in a hidden world maybe with a fantasy theme.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Just the thought of Pets and Seasons at this point are really exciting. :) I hope we get a snowy vacation world with seasons and maybe a beach vacation world too. They could probably come with their own gp though.
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I hope ea bring some seasonal sports to the game, like surfing, skiing, snowboarding etc. If they have pets they could have sledging with dogs and sleigh rides with reindeer.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I liked the little minor pets in TS3, although I'd rather not, you know, kidnap them from the wild. There was one type of small pet that was missing that I would really, really like to see in TS4 though: Rabbits!
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    Pets
    Small animals
    Lizard
    Guinea pigs
    Tarantula
    Stick insect
    Ant farm
    Snake

Birds
    Crow
    Cockatiels
    Lovebirds
    African Grey
    Cockatoo
    Macaws

And also cat/dog various breeds large medium and small. And horses when/if possible

Baskets for sleep or let them jump on bed and sleep on there. T bar or ones made of natural wood that could be made on the woodwork bench for birds to sit on, also a cage that can be were they sleep.
    All animals should be allowed to follow a sim or go out on their own walking either on lead or freewalk meaning they dont need lead once trained.

Able to take them to groomers or wash them in a bath/sink.
    Make food for them from natural ingredients caught/grown outside. Or go to a store and order the food for your pet.
    A pet store and shelter for adoption/purchase of animals, cages in all sizes with plenty of toys to keep pets from being bored while your sim is at work.
    Cat walks/hiding holes that can be fitted around your home. e.g around the ceiling with a ramp or step leading up so they can run around leading from one room to another for playtimes or chasing another cat etc.
    catwheel.net/product/detail.html?product_no=436

All family members should be allowed to interact with pets, either squirmish from handling certain pets-snake/spider/ant/rat
    Toddlers can cry if pet does not want to be petted or ignores them or wont play.
    Child/teen/young adult/adult/elder can walk pets outside the home, along the street outside their home or pet park.
    Seasons
    Thunderstorms
    Lightning
    Snow storms
    rain
    Heavy rain
    Foggy with light mist of rain

Muddy puddles for all sims to jump or play in, debuff if sim has 'neat' trait the debuff would be because they are getting dirty.
    Thunderstorm can kill sim if struck by lightning.
    If sim plays in snow can cause mild or severe frost bite and turn blue if out to long the blue would indicate its been out to long and would need medical treatment (giving us reason to use the hospital). Would need to wear a coat on any bad weather or will catch a cold if didnt wear one giving the coat optional usage.

Laying on grass/towel or lounging on a lawn chair will cause sim to get tan or burned needing lotion from herbalism.
    Sims can be scared of storms or happy depending on their traits.

Pets can run through home with mud covered paws or be filthy if rolled in muddy puddles causing carpets to blacken and need cleaned or furniture to have the same blackened footprint marks.

With the different seasons some competitions can happen for the sims to compete in. Ski/ice skate etc. Children/teens can learn to skate and skate on paths outside the house or go to skate park.

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Prepatch Temperature change View, Default Climate pending on worlds and Cloudy Weather, Rain, Lunar Cycles +Lunar and Solar Eclipses, Sun Needs Retexturing
    Because I believe what's listed above is Basic content.

Buy Objects
    Gameplay Objects that work together:
    Thermostats - works with Furnace and AC,
    Water Heaters (work with showers mainly) now
    Furnace - Heats the House
    Central Air Condition - to Survive the Summer
    Electric Control Panel - You have the Power.

Natural Survival,
    Severe Storms and Blizzards can cut the power, Resulting in: Appliances, Certain Lighting & Electronics, not working Gas stoves, Candles and lanterns, will continue to work. Tablets continue to work for another 24 sim hours, unless the power comes back.

Blizzards: Pipes Freeze, no water, Showers and Sinks No longer work.
    Furnaces and thermostats can break, No Heat, relying on fireplace, pits and space heaters, sims can die of Hypothermia... Freeze to Death

In hot summers, AC and Thermostats can break: no AC Sims can Die of Hyperthermia, Heat Stroke, relying on Fans, cold showers, and Swimming pools.

Focuses mainly on the heavier animations
    more depth, and all that jazz.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited March 2017
    Pets
    Country
    R&B
    Hip hop

Seasons
    Beach
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    PET TV CHANNEL!
    Please! Dogs bark at the TV once they see the channel.
    a256aFi.gif
    edited March 2017
    Small, medium, large Dogs.
    Pet DNA, up to 3 traits
    Life stages: Puppy, Teenage/adolescent, Adult, Senior
    Breeds that look like their real breed
    Visit the Pet Salon.
    Varying coat lengths, short, medium, long, very long.

For instance, Australian Silky Terrier:
    Short hair https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4a4TZumKdYRy5aDKkDW8psT9RnZEtdxIfOyfyH16tk8GtYRZhch3anSVh
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I hope Seasons comes with a weather channel
    I'd like to see children play in leaf piles and throw snowballs
    And for summer, I'd like sunburns, especially for Oasis Springs residents or maybe they're used to heat but can handle winter lol it won't happen but it'd be cool if where a sim lived determined how they'd get used to weather

I would like perks or awarded traits like being used to spicy food except for weather
    Like a sim never getting sun burned or frostbite
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I hope rain comes out as a patch and then you can buy actual seasons later on. What would also be cool is if you could ick the weather by country. So you could pick Bahama weather or Canada weather. I think this would be a cool feature for those people who dont like snow or rain. I'm a Canadian and i love snow and heat.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • StaceyEsthiemStaceyEsthiem Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm hoping for some new career possibilities to come with Pets and Seasons.

Pets:
    Veterinarian career
    Pet Groomer
    Pet shops that you can own and manage.

Seasons:
    Weather reporter
    Just for giggles you could opt for a seasonal job as Santa or one of the elves at a Grotto.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Pets has an interest to be good if EA want again my money.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    I think a cute little add-on would be if the developers allowed for children to have snow days when the snow gets extra bad out!
    Bump! I'm also adding a category
  • jojosimmernyjojosimmerny Posts: 30 Member
    For pets I'd like to see some smaller pets like birds,reptiles; snakes, lizards and maybe some hamsters or mice. I'd like all my sims to be able to interact with pets and I'd like to see emotions or goals with the pets.

For seasons I'd like to see the 4 basic seasons summer, winter, autumn and spring, but I'd also like to see in autumn for example leaves falling and an option to rake leaves. In winter maybe an option to shovel.

I think it would bring more realism to my game play and game play in general.