Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglar NPC in The Sims 4

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited September 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
From their sneaky walking animation to their preference to steal toilets and expensive TVs: Burglars.
Where are the burglars in this game? They used to be in TS1, TS2 + TS3. Will they be added in a Patch?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CGPt6w7g-g
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• Options
    BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    all in jail because our detective sims are just so good :p I'm sure they will come eventually, I'm more wondering what can be made to make them better as the ones in older iterations
  • Options
    all in jail because our detective sims are just so good :p I'm sure they will come eventually, I'm more wondering what can be made to make them better as the ones in older iterations

I'm even happy if they at least are the same as in all the previous games.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    YAS, I really miss the little jerks honestly.

Hope they expand a bit more on them too. If not that's fien too I just miss them because it always added irritation and challenge to my sims life.
    O
    Kinda hope that when they do they'll add onto the detective career like if they get a call they can go to the a sims house to arrest a burglar. Oooh, or if they make the crime career a bit more hands on where you can sneak into sims homes and steal from them now that would be pretty awesome indeed.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want them to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    I hope they add police and firefighters back too
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I seriously talk about this all the time. Maxis has almost everything they need to introduce burglars.

We have:
    • Kleptomaniac Sims, so the game can draw burglars from a pool of Sims with the correct trait (our own Sims won't break in unless we make them Kleptos)
    • "Steal item" animations
    • Police uniforms
    • "Arrest" animations
    • The ability for Sims to break into our houses while our Sims are sleeping (looking at you, Vladislaus Straud)
    • Lot traits, so we can choose whether or not to allow burglars at all ("Bad Neighborhood" to enable burglars or increase their frequency, "Neighborhood Watch" to disable them outright or make them less common)

The only thing we lack are police cars (because, let's face it, watching the burglar and cop simply walk off the lot, instead of having them thrown in the back of the car and driven off, would be incredibly anti-climactic). I could live without police cars, but I don't know if I'd want to.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    BollywoodLover12BollywoodLover12 Posts: 6 New Member
    I remember when I first started playing the game and I was furiously looking for the bugler alarm. I'm like nobody better steal mah stuff. haha
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Burglars are a fun thing still missing in The Sims 4. It also adds to TS4's slogan "Weirder stories" (e.g. Burglar stealing a toilet)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    If they add burglars again, I hope it's not just some random NPC. I have sims in the criminal career track. That is something they would absolutely do. However, I don't want it to be like with vampires being able to break into your house at night, as in it happens all the time, like alien abductions used to.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    have never had vaps break in and I got the pack when it came out I've been trying hard to get it to happen to no luck at all
  • Options
    CountFavCountFav Posts: 352 Member
    Yeah I miss the burglar, it's something thats been there since day one in the Sims.
  • Options
    CountFav wrote: »
    Yeah I miss the burglar, it's something thats been there since day one in the Sims.

I agree! We need burglars just like we needed toddlers!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    DaninhozinhoDaninhozinho Posts: 14 New Member
    Add burglars back to TS4 via patch, adding the possibility for, who have Get To Work, go to a sim house, where is the burglar and we could arrest he. This would be awesome
  • Options
    DaninhozinhoDaninhozinho Posts: 14 New Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > YAS, I really miss the little jerks honestly.
    >
    > Hope they expand a bit more on them too. If not that's fien too I just miss them because it always added irritation and challenge to my sims life.
    > O
    > Kinda hope that when they do they'll add onto the detective career like if they get a call they can go to the a sims house to arrest a burglar. Oooh, or if they make the crime career a bit more hands on where you can sneak into sims homes and steal from them now that would be pretty awesome indeed.
    I loved your idea. I hope that SimGurus see your comment.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't see why it's taking so long.

Maybe they'll come in the Family pack?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This looks like fun! :smiley:
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't see why it's taking so long.

Maybe they'll come in the Family pack?

Rather in a Patch. I want my dogs to bark at them.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Burglars and the Repo-man! I need them both back :sleepy:
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2017
    Of course, after I just finish building 5 $1 million mansions that's when I add Thieves... I wonder if they'll hop the fence because my estates are gated in, only group members and family have access to each others homes.

I know it's promo art but at the end it's the picture of the burglar coming through a window. I don't want to assume windows can now open... I'm hoping.

Because I believe Vampires Use "Mist form" to Break in or the mesmerize the sim or something to let them in.

I'm just trying to imagine it.

First thing that's going to happen is I'm going to take burglars into cas.fulleditmode, and changing that ugly striped sweater.

I wonder what the specifics will be. I'm hoping there is a certain worth level of your lot that will attract a thief.

Biggest question: Can babies-Children be stolen? >:)
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    BunnyhoppyBunnyhoppy Posts: 78 Member
    I don't know why, but I'd really like that lol.
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Of course, after I just finish building 5 $1 million mansions that's when I add Thieves... I wonder if they'll hop the fence because my estates are gated in, only group members and family have access to each others homes.

I know it's promo art but at the end it's the picture of the burglar coming through a window. I don't want to assume windows can now open... I'm hoping.

Because I believe Vampires Use "Mist form" to Break in or the mesmerize the sim or something to let them in.

First thing that's going to happen is I'm going to take burglars into cas.fulleditmode, and changing that ugly striped sweater.

I wonder what the specifics will be. I'm hoping there is a certain worth level of your lot that will attract a thief.

I think that would up the rating so not likely
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Yeah I was just joking, because babies are objects and all that Jazz
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options

Yeah I was just joking, because babies are objects and all that Jazz

oh I get it lol
  • Options
    it does seem odd that Burglars were in the teaser but not in the game maybe something went wrong with them