Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is this happening to yall?

13...Next

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I am seeing this as well and it is pretty annoying. I am thinking about turning on the no autonomy for selected Sims again.

That won't work. The other day I turned it off for everyone. I was going to film Barnabas speaking to Julia (it was going to be about how Elizabeth was in bed from fainting, for my story) Just as I turned on the camera in popped Elizabeth right into the conversation. She was supposed to stay seated in the study across the hallway and lo and behold she joined the conversation. :s

wow...well that is just terrible.
    It most certainly is a story telling disaster. I mean that would completely destroy that part of the story progression.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2017
    johnjet wrote: »
    I have a game purely for the purpose of testing house builds and other structures that I create and when I use the Sim to try and test out various aspects of the build, he actively refuses to do what I want him to do. eg. I want him to sit in a bunch of chairs, to see if there are issues with routing, but he will stand there with the sitting action being cancelled before going off and looking at a panting or something else. AND then when I try and cancel that action to make him go to the chair, the chair command gets cancelled. ArRRRGGGGHHHHH.

The most annoying one is when the Sims refuses to go through a door, giving me the hand waving action to say access is blocked, when the room and the hallway outside of said room, contains no furniture and/or objects, so there is nothing preventing his entry into the room.

In Sims 3 that became an issue when moo was used on windows, doorways, stairs, or placing certain decor anywhere in a hall or entrance way - that could be the issue. They told us we have to stop using moo for placement of build mode build items and decor that affected items placed under them or in front of them. Like pictures and stuff when placed with out moo that refuses to let you place a chair or table against the wall under them and certain over head hanging lights. Moo creates a solid form we can't see in the sims routing fir some items - in particularly - build mode items. But in Sims 3 it got so bad after the pets ep came out (they had done a bunch of recoding for pets so it affected moo badly) we could not use moo on houses we were sharing to others as I guess mooed content shifts slightly in the save process and creates routing issues.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited May 2017
    I have a game purely for the purpose of testing house builds and other structures that I create and when I use the Sim to try and test out various aspects of the build, he actively refuses to do what I want him to do. eg. I want him to sit in a bunch of chairs, to see if there are issues with routing, but he will stand there with the sitting action being cancelled before going off and looking at a panting or something else. AND then when I try and cancel that action to make him go to the chair, the chair command gets cancelled. ArRRRGGGGHHHHH.

The most annoying one is when the Sims refuses to go through a door, giving me the hand waving action to say access is blocked, when the room and the hallway outside of said room, contains no furniture and/or objects, so there is nothing preventing his entry into the room.
    The thing about placing doors, and MOO is that sometimes the door gets placed just a smig out of alignment. The sims won't be able to pass through because the door isn't all the way in the wall. Which means that on one side, the door is blocked by a solid wall. While on the other side, the door is not block by a wall. Best advise is not to place windows and doors with MOO.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    dumb question. what is MOO?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

The thing about placing doors, and MOO is that sometimes the door gets placed just a smig out of alignment. The sims won't be able to pass through because the door isn't all the way in the wall. Which means that on one side, the door is blocked by a solid wall. While on the other side, the door is not block by a wall. Best advise is not to place windows and doors with MOO.

True - it affects any build mode items like that -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

dumb question. what is MOO?
    MOO stands for Move Objects On. It's a cheat code used for placing things in places in the game that they normally wouldn't go.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    thanks sunman. i was thinking move objects, but for the life of me i couldn't figure out what the second "o" stood for. on- duh. lol thanks for clearing that up for me.
  • NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    edwie22 wrote: »
    I thought that the "not-cancelling" actions were normal in the game. Sometimes I want them to do something and the game VOIDS my action completely!! even if the other sim is right in front of mine. And lots of times when I want to cancel, it shows an "X" over the icon but it wont stop the action (for example in GT, when the whole group is chatting on the dance floor and I want them to dance, the chat never ends, the X is there and nothing moves on)

I think this may have happened to me a few times I usually pause the game for a few seconds and then actions start happening. But sometimes I have to pause a few times and that's annoying then a get so annoyed I exit game then wait and then go back into the game sometimes that temporarily fixes it....
    thanks sunman. i was thinking move objects, but for the life of me i couldn't figure out what the second "o" stood for. on- duh. lol thanks for clearing that up for me.
    You're Welcome. :)
    edited May 2017
    NamikoKawa wrote: »
    edwie22 wrote: »
    I thought that the "not-cancelling" actions were normal in the game. Sometimes I want them to do something and the game VOIDS my action completely!! even if the other sim is right in front of mine. And lots of times when I want to cancel, it shows an "X" over the icon but it wont stop the action (for example in GT, when the whole group is chatting on the dance floor and I want them to dance, the chat never ends, the X is there and nothing moves on)

I think this may have happened to me a few times I usually pause the game for a few seconds and then actions start happening. But sometimes I have to pause a few times and that's annoying then a get so annoyed I exit game then wait and then go back into the game sometimes that temporarily fixes it....
    I have had the game void my commands that I gave my sims many times. It is to say the least annoying sometimes. It was just this last time that I have played. I had Cathy in Forgotten Hollow one night, just to give vampire training and to vampire spar with other vampires. So Cathy meets with Lilith Vator, and then with Caleb Vator. And I had Cathy meet with other vampires in the area. And who should follow Cathy around, Caleb Vator. He follows Cathy all around the square like a little school boy with a big crush on a gorgeous woman. I would command Cathy to talk or vampire spar with another vampire, and Caleb Vator kept on cutting and try to talk to her some more. Caleb Vator kept on doing this all through the very early morning hours until it was nearly sunrise and until I sent Cathy home.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    They are also going the wrong way. I had my vampire try to bite someone walking the street late one night in WB but the victim just kept walking in the direction she was going, and he went a different direction way on the other side and I was screaming where are you going?! She got away because (disappeared into the portal) while he went on the other side of town.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I've never had this problem (my sims are so obedient) except for that one toilet bug where when you queued the toilet task, they will just stop whatever they're doing and go to the toilet.

Put more in one household and you might see a difference. I don't know how many you play but for test purposes throw eight together and have stuff upstairs and downstairs, it will drive you crazy. lol

I only have four. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I've never had this problem (my sims are so obedient) except for that one toilet bug where when you queued the toilet task, they will just stop whatever they're doing and go to the toilet.

Put more in one household and you might see a difference. I don't know how many you play but for test purposes throw eight together and have stuff upstairs and downstairs, it will drive you crazy. lol

Test this if you have time, maybe you can explain it to gurus more than I can or someone else. :) This had just about cleared up in my game when I first threw a rant last May, but now it's back in full force.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    This has been getting progressively worse for me. Yesterday I had to stop playing because it was making me so mad and frustrated, I just had to walk away. I would click the fridge>open>vegetable casserole>grab serving, my sim went to the fridge, opened the door, pulled out a plate, stood in front of the fridge for 20 sim mins, opened the fridge, put the plate back, action canceled! Her hunger was yellow too btw. After standing there for another 10mins or so she would open the fridge and pull out another plate of food, a different kind, then go eat it. I was like, what, don't you like the veggie casserole? The quality is excellent. So I tried another sim in the household. Same thing! Sometimes the action would cancel and replace to a different food before they even made it to the fridge! It was like they didn't like the foods I had picked for them. This happened every single time I clicked on the fridge to feed them. Grr!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

Test this if you have time, maybe you can explain it to gurus more than I can or someone else. :) This had just about cleared up in my game when I first threw a rant last May, but now it's back in full force.

I'll give it a go, maybe this weekend.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    They are also going the wrong way. I had my vampire try to bite someone walking the street late one night in WB but the victim just kept walking in the direction she was going, and he went a different direction way on the other side and I was screaming where are you going?! She got away because (disappeared into the portal) while he went on the other side of town.
    I have seen this sort of behavior with sims in my game as well. And I had noticed that when I give my sim the command to interact with the sim that was standing there at the time. My sim would go there while the targeted sim would walk to the other side of the neighborhood. This happens quite often in my game these days.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member

This made me laugh, its as though he knows you're using him as a test subject.
    I don't mind it too much, except of when there is a fire and the adult picks the toddler up and I think great, there going to take the toddler out of the house. but no he takes her into the room where the fire is, as though to say, look dear this is a fire and daddy is going to put it out, he then puts her on the floor in the same room as the fire, and puts the fire out. when there is a fire no actions register with them, they do exactly what they want. and when trying to get a self portrait painting with a sims sitting in chairs is impossible, unless I turn autonomy off. because someone will get up and go do something else. These things I find annoying.

lol I get it when I tell them to throw out trash and it tell me that a garbage can is needed while they are standing next to the garbage can
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    yep, have it too :(
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)