Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Sally1502

I am glad that cleared it up a little I am sorry I don't always explain perfectly lol With the townies when I know everything else is running smoothly I add Dolphin's Control-This-Sim mod which allows you to control one extra sim at a time added to your household relationship panel until you deselect them. It will not work if you already have the maximum of 8 sims in your household already. Once I have whatever sim it is under my control I send them to the mirror to change their hair and makeup and as you can use this mod in any community lot as well as your sim's home lot this is very useful.

http://modthesims.info/d/140314

Then once the mirror makeover is done I deselect that sim from my control and click on the sim directly to choose the gussy up mod which will then give you the message that the sim you are changing has been added to your household temporarily while you buy them clothes. You are then run through every clothes category apart from outerwear that for some reason is not available and choose/pay the clothes you want that sim to be dressed in. Once you have chosen the clothes you want the sim to wear the program automatically de-selects them from your household and the badly dressed sim has not only had a makeover at the mirror they are now dressed in modern up to date clothes which you will see them wearing as you go about your hood. You do not have to be in a clothes store or at your sim's home to use this mod either it can be used anywhere which is why it makes it so versatile.

I have used this method a lot and have not experienced any glitches from these mods. For example I send my sims to lots all over the hood and if an ugly and badly dresses sim visits that location while they are there they get a makeover there and then, Eventually over time the whole town has been changed to look modern and as attractive as possible. So much nicer :)

Christianlov's gussy up mod can be downloaded from the following link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bgi1i8f0kkbi8l9/OFFICIAL_100628.zip

@MidnightAura

That's sure some messed up memory/speech bubble lol The program that allows up to the 4GB in ram was pointed out to me by @JULES1111 and is on the following link :)

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    edited May 2017
    @JULES1111 lol, I know me to but I had sped up the game just leaving them to their business a bit and had to stop as before she went shopping there wasn't a change when she came back she showed on her own where her heart was. I can do happy, though I still have to play with Connor hehe.
    @SPARKY1922 it does happen fast, Geoff got a lot of aspiration recently so I got the potion that 'turns back' time a bit so to speak so the sims could be younger. So they could this more often they just fit together heh. Lol yeah I know what you mean. The links I pick up around here can be way too tempting even when I'm not sure I'll use it I just see things I want.

Ah your founders are adorable, and I'm not sure ugly townies aren't so bad variety of background characters lol.
    @Nindl heh yeah just went by I sat playing with them for a while and then all of sudden I was like 'oh right I better head to bed...but I want so much more to happen...nope nope bed time.' lol. Yeah I almost forgot a cake then while I was setting up I saw it and had to have one.

Lol his disapproval makes that pic funnier, ah the cat is adorable I should play with pets again I get so attached to them.

@Sally1502 no problem, it could also be a ram issue and having a lot of cc something manageable, I looked at the site and so tempting hehe, the copyright says 2004 at the bottom and there is a note that said some downloads that are older were moved so they me be a few years old. It can be hard to find CC not recently made but just made when the game was complete that is up to date with everything I know but there is a ton to look through that might not have issues at all no matter it's age. Ah Jessica is very pretty I'm glad she adores Geoff as much as he adores her.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited May 2017
    Oh gosh, a lot happened and I don't know if I should quit without saving.
    3310jkh.jpg
    Leon is finally in college! He's a history major
    x4klt1.jpg
    ANnd then tradgey struck not long after, Farrin needed mechinal skill points for his Math Major, poor baby ended up fried and well. . .
    auzcw8.jpg
    with a slight case of death.
    332o6x3.jpg
    Leon is absolutely heartbroken :(

*Edit*
    I tried to resurrect him with Roxie's genie lamp, but Farrin came back as a zombie. I exited without saving since you can't cure a zombie :/
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @mussten That's great! Glad you will have your game working again.

@Nindl Thank you. :) I have always liked that name, not really sure why. LOL Ivy is so big now..and pregnant, woot! Can't wait to see the baby. Also that is a super cute cat. :blush:

@Rflong7 Awe, sorry the game was not as challenging as you would have liked. :'( That's disappointing after all the uninstall, reinstall you did.

@Sally1502 No problem, hopefully we can get your problem nipped in the butt. Yes I am using the UC, so it isn't a conflict with the mods and UC. Oh I see grayed out. Never seen that before either, it might have just of been a side effect of the crashing if it has only happened once, or are they still grayed out? I understand about the defaults and not wanting to mess up your game. What you can do is cut out the entire Sims 2 folder, and let the game generate a whole new one. Just cut and paste it on your desktop, start the game, and it will generate a whole new folder. Then you can go in and play vanilla for a bit to see if it crashes. You can just delete the new folder and place your real one back in afterwords. That way all your stuff is safe in a whole different game. Thank you for the compliment on my sims. :blush:

@MidnightAura It is not a mod, it is a patch that you use on the games .exe you can find it here. http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Edit ninja'd by Sparky1922 :D

@princess2109 Awe, that is the worst loosing a sim like that. Hope you didn't have to go back to far after not saving. Maybe he should just stick to books :D
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    edited May 2017
    @MidnightAura
    Thanks! Glad your bug issue got already solved by the others and wasn't a severe one. :)

@SPARKY1922
    Thank you. It is nice to see that you can finally play again! I am curious what will happen to your founders - it looks like there are children on the way. ;)

@Sally1502
    Thanks a lot! Would love to see some more pics of your Sims again. :blush:

@RedDestiny92
    I know what you mean! It is actually always hard to stop playing Sims. :sweat_smile:
    I can totally recommend playing with pets, they are a really cute addition to every family I think. :grin:

@JULES1111
    Thank you! I used the name Sinclair because some woman in a book I once read was called like that. :relieved:

@princess2109
    Poor sim! I understand you, sometimes you just need to exit without saving. I recently did it because my sim was fired and I so didn't want that. I thought, sometimes it crashes and then nice things are not saved, so why not make bad things unsaved for a change. :D

• Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @SPARKY1922
    It's okay, I think your explanations are very good. :smile:
    This mod sounds definitely interesting, thanks for sharing!

@RedDestiny92
    Yeah, that's true, thanks for the information. And yes, it's nice that they both like each other! I am curious for further updates. :smiley:

@princess2109
    I can totally understand your reaction with exiting without saving. I have actually never really had zombies in Sims 2 yet, I wonder how it is lol.

@JULES1111
    Thanks so much for helping me so nicely! :blush:
    It was only grayed out as it was crashing, afterwards it wasn't anymore.
    That with the folder is definitely helpful, thanks lots, I think I will try it like that.
    And you're welcome, I'd like to see more of them. :smile:

@Nindl
    Thank you, I am glad you do. :grin:
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Nothing happened
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Idk why it only sent one part of my message butttttt! Nothing happened because it's finals week for me and I'm graduating on the 20th (RN 2017)!!!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    @Nindl yeah pretty much and it only gets worse when you have more time to play lol. I do like them they were messed up in three so it was nice to see how they worked in 2 when I got UC.
    @Sally1502 sure thing :) they are awfully sweet so they may stay this way.

Okay I should really stop with the larger posts...unless you guys just add more pictures lol I bounced around a few houses,
    snapshot_957f7406_86152ba0.jpg
    First the Patels, Ramir was at the wedding and they live next to Conner, Ramir adores his wife and works hard though she's feeling a little unsatisfied.
    snapshot_957f7406_26152c9a.jpg
    When Conner comes out I have her go talk to him and though they hadn't formally met there was an instant attraction. Ana is much interested in what he has to say and he's glad to talk to her she's the prettiest woman to give him attention since...well Jessica. Though Ramir is his friend as well he's closer to Geoff so Ana is just about fair game.
    snapshot_957f7406_a6152d65.jpg
    When Ramir comes home later he was late so he wasn't gone long anyways, he talks to Conner who mostly tunes him out being a friend is one thing but he wonders how Ana stays married to this guy.
    snapshot_957f7406_26152f6f.jpg
    Around 1 am or so their daughter Nyla was born, the little icon looked odd for a moment but no issues so just a glitch nothing to worry about, she's happy Nyla is healthy she's just exhausted. Aside from Conner they have the worst neighbors...they just kept banging on the wall through the whole birth heh.
    snapshot_d518f8c7_261534f0.jpg
    Next back to Mr. Green who I found is named Gabriel, as Jessica wasn't interested in him he was left with Chastity I don't think he's interested in her either actually just didn't check. Never the less he's faithful to his woman.
    snapshot_d518f8c7_e615387d.jpg
    I changed a few things but mostly their place was fine, I find it amusing that they were so excited by puddles.
    snapshot_d518f8c7_66153682.jpg
    Hours later, a little catch, things were going smoothly, so much in fact that I had him propose.
    snapshot_d518f8c7_261536db.jpg
    He wanted to get engaged and she feared it...though they had very different responses to it, Chastity is glad to give him what he wants he's a good friend. Though does she really love him? She's not even sure, Gabriel knows her well he's not sure if she wants to be with him long term but they'll find out.
    snapshot_d518f8c7_8615391e.jpg
    When Chastity was done with work she realized she was pregant.

'Okay breathe...it's just a baby...I can still leave any time I want to.'

She cares...but she doesn't do commitment, not like normal people might.
    snapshot_752239bf_e6157b2d.jpg
    Next the Clevelands from the wedding, Marissa has baby fever after meeting her niece so when Justin walks to school she follows her husband up to try one more time. I realized after hearing the little tune that they are much older, and will be elders in a handful of days, so big sis has been waiting a while for her brother to settle down. They can raise one other child at the very least.
    snapshot_752239bf_46157d8e.jpg
    While Marissa was in the kitchen having lunch with Samantha, Chastity and Gabriel who came to welcome them to the hood Justin came back with a friend from school. Jaqueline, the last time I played I had computer issues so I couldn't do much with this family and he was with another teen because this one rejected him, though apparently, he's better with her this time around heh.
    snapshot_752239bf_26157dee.jpg
    He got a new girlfriend and his first kiss.
    snapshot_752239bf_86157ea3.jpg
    When their guests left he went to do his homework while his parents entertained themselves.

"Love...you're the worst at pool."

"Darling I will beat you...either at this darn game or with this...piece of wood."

"Cue stick love, it's called a cue stick."

"Oh be quiet."

heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited May 2017
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @princess2109 Awe, that is the worst loosing a sim like that. Hope you didn't have to go back to far after not saving. Maybe he should just stick to books :D
    Thankfully not! I only lost about a day or so. It was really scary! Poor game couldn't handle it either, I thought for sure the game would crash. From now on it's back to the books xD
    Nindl wrote: »

@princess2109
    Poor sim! I understand you, sometimes you just need to exit without saving. I recently did it because my sim was fired and I so didn't want that. I thought, sometimes it crashes and then nice things are not saved, so why not make bad things unsaved for a change. :D
    Exactly! It's a pretty fair trade off if you ask me lol
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    @princess2109
    I can totally understand your reaction with exiting without saving. I have actually never really had zombies in Sims 2 yet, I wonder how it is lol.
    Not cute lol. I didn't even play him as a zombie bc I didn't want to lose more than the 2 days i had already lost.
    *Edit*
    The morbidly hilarious thing is that I saved, let him repair the broken stereo again, and he didn't die
    @RedDestiny92 Naw keep your pictures coming. No such thing as to many! You certainly got around today, love all the stories with all of your sims!

@princess2109
    The morbidly hilarious thing is that I saved, let him repair the broken stereo again, and he didn't die

LOL you just never know when their time is up. :D It's like Final Destination movies, you save them once, they are set up to die in a different way. :fearful:
    @RedDestiny92

Thanks re my founders I am still testing what skins and other CC I want back after losing my whole folder but I figured at least I can try be adding family as I go along and hope my game does not glitch again lol

Am loving your updates and pics I am getting used to who they all are now haha

@princess2109

Oh my goodness a death I really dislike those and would do the same by trying to resurrect but defo would not want a zombie either, poor baby he was so upset :)

@Nindl

Yes a baby is on the way but I closed down the game last night before he/she was born as I wanted to add baby and hair mods back in however the spare time I have had today has been spent scrolling through my saved CC trying to find everything to put back-)
    edited May 2017
    @RedDestiny92
    Nice update as usual! Don't worry about posting too many Pictures. :smiley:
    I really like the pool conversation lol, I like how you write down what they would be saying, that's very creative. :smile:

@princess2109
    lol I can imagine. I am generally not really a fan of zombies, it's too horrible and they look nasty. (._.) I am much more into werewolves or vampires.

@JULES1111
    I used the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility just now and it said "0 possible conflicts detected."
    Which is nice I guess. :smile: As long as I can solve my problem with the 4GB patch now lol.
    Here is where my question comes in, sorry if it's silly but I didn't quite understand what it said on their website and I just want to be extra careful and sure to do it correctly. :smile:

Which folder exactly do I have to select with the 4gb_patch.exe? And is it okay to leave the .exe in my normal downloads folder (not the Sims one)?

Again, sorry if those questions are super noob. :grimace::lol:
    Post edited by Sally1502 on
    edited May 2017
    @RedDestiny92
    Nice update! You can never post enough pics of Sims! ;)
    Gabriel and Chastity's reaction to their engagement is very interesting indeed. Lol that dialogue in the end. :D

@SPARKY1922
    I am curious wether the baby will be a girl or a boy! :)
    @Nindl

I have a problem (again) I only have the smallest amount to mods/cc but I did add back chris hatches baby mod back (which I have never had trouble with before) so the baby could have hair/clothes then realised something was wrong when she had the baby and it turned up in the relationship panel but was nowhere to be found physically so I quit without saving and took those mods out however when I went back into game and allowed her to have the baby boy again the baby turned up as it should but then she put it on the floor and nobody can interact with it and she is still pregnant and waddling around and cannot change into any everyday clothes?? Help anyone please I simply cannot understand why now it's never happened before and I want to keep this baby/family :)
    @SPARKY1922
    That sounds really strange. I am so sorry that you have problems again, you really deserve to have a functioning game for a change. :/
    I have never had and never heard of this bug before, so I can't help, unfortunately. :|
    @Nindl

I have tried everything to resolve this and nothing is working so I have decided I am leaving 2 for a while and going back to 3 as at least that is playing (for a change-) I simply cannot stand anymore disappointment with 2 it's been constant for a while now..
    edited May 2017
    @SPARKY1922
    Aw, it's sad to hear that. I will miss you in this thread. :disappointed:
    I totally understand how frustrated you must be, though. Have fun playing Sims 3, I hope it is not buggy. And hopefully you will return to Sims 2 again soon. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    edited May 2017
    Nindl

I have tried everything to resolve this and nothing is working so I have decided I am leaving 2 for a while and going back to 3 as at least that is playing (for a change-) I simply cannot stand anymore disappointment with 2 it's been constant for a while now..

Oh, no. :(
    I'm so sorry... I want to ask what you tried but I know you must be so frustrated. :cookie:

Take a break and have fun with your other games.

*Sorry- I miss read and you can't find the baby. :(

*This could help for the bald babies- without a mod. :)
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=481205&c=1&ht=0&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

Sims2EP9%202017-04-10%2008-02-10-78_zpsybysvs0c.jpg
    @SPARKY1922
    Oh no. :disappointed:
    But I can understand that very well. Bugs or constant crashing can really kill the fun and want to play.
    I wish you fun and no issues with Sims 3.
    If you get bugs and stuff no matter what you try maybe you have to reinstall the game completely? I don't know if you have the UC but on origin it doesnt take that long to install everything. :smile:
    Other than that, I think @Rflong7 's suggestion is definitely worth a try!
    Here is today's Easter update - so much happened omg! :o

mvCwOyw.jpg

Stefan is constantly promoted in his architecture career and got a very cool career reward, which you can see in the top left hand corner. He likes to spend the whole evening drawing plans with it. :)

Ivy's and Dominic's baby is here. It is a boy (again! It seems like the Easters only get sons :D ) and he is called Chuck. He did not inherit Ivy's alien eyes, but the green skin. I am curious how his children will look like one day. ;)

Everyone loves Creamy the cat. It is super cute and always wants to cuddle with everyone! <3

And now to the bad / exciting things, I couldn't believe both happened in one single sims day!
    Jens went outside to harvest some lemons during a thunderstorm (maybe not his smartest idea, but hey). I didn't watch him doing that, but was instead in the house, when suddenly Creamy jumped and dashed outside - to find Jens, all roasted from a lightning, on the ground, Grim Reaper already there! :s Luckily, Julian was already home from school and was able to save Jens! :grin:

The family had not yet properly recovered from this shock, when the next one happened. The dish washer was broken and Stefan wanted to repair it. No big deal, he thought, he is a passionate tinkerer and has high mechanic skills - but then he got electrocuted! Fortunately, he survived it, though he felt dreadful after it and it took some time until he recovered. Vroni would rather if he never repaired something or tinkered again, but Stefan... he is not sure. Will this incident really take his passion from him?
    edited May 2017
    @Sally1502 Yay no hack conflicts is always good. At least you eliminated something. You don't need to move anything. To use the patch download it, then you can just extract it right there in your regular downloads folder (not the game downloads folder) (it does not need to go anywhere special, and you can delete it once you are done) Double click on the extracted file, this will open a box with your files in it. In that box that popped up go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin, double click on the game .exe ( it should say Sims 2 SP9) you should get a box that pops up confirming that it was patched. Just hit ok, and you are done. You can now delete the files for the patch, or if you wanted to store it somewhere you can do that also. No worries about questions, I also had some when I was told about this from a friend. It really is very simple. :)

@SPARKY1922 :o What in the world is happening to your game? I have never had a issue with that mod, and never even heard of one. Are you playing in a custom world or one of the regular game worlds? You can try a couple things, first I would try moving the family out of the house and then back in to see if that fixes the issue. You can try to reset the sims, after removing the mods don't forget to delete the Accessory.cashe files, sometimes things can be left behind even after removing a mod. You can also try the moveobjects on cheat, and deleting the baby, save, go to neighborhood and back into the household. The baby should be at the mailbox. You might be able to interact with them then, but that will do nothing for the mother. Of course you can try deleting her also, she will also be at the mailbox. Hope you can get it worked out, that is just strange.

My sims are moving along. They are in their senior year now. They both had a wish to have a snowball fight once winter started, but of course it refused to snow until there were only 2 days of winter left. :D Well at least they got their wish..eventually.

xptqbd.jpg

Then this little guy came by. I <3 that penguin!

2mqtg7n.jpg

264s2dc.jpg

Finally during their senior year they became engaged. :blush: ( I was waiting on it though they both had wishes, school comes first simmies!) They went to Chestnut park. Of course it started to rain...oh how romantic. :joy:

2555bgj.jpg

2r2wydt.jpg

Don't mind the black water, I have the water mod in, but never went onto the lot to add the pools in the corners to make the water show up right. :D Pretty poor planning on my part, I didn't think of it until they were there and I was like huh? :o I couldn't alter it while they were there, but it has since been corrected for future simmies. :D

I have a question! How do you guys can the shots during cutscenes?
    @Nindl Awesome update! Ivy's baby is so cute :blush: Sounds like a lot has been going on at the Easter's house! At least no one died...permanently anyway..
    I have a question! How do you guys can the shots during cutscenes?

I use Fraps, you can take screenshots anytime with a tap of a button.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top