Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

who would pay for a remasted updated sims 2

Comments

• CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    i would still be paying for sims 2 imagine if they remastered it with new updated graphics and sims with new eps and stuff packs i would still be buying happily the game engine is so solid it is simply the best in the series. why not make even mo betta lol

They did. it's called sims 4

@CalebFillion, Sims 4 is NOT Sims 2 remastered--not even close. It's its own game (and an inferior one in my opinion). Otherwise, there'd be proper animations and it wouldn't have taken two years to have toddler life stages. The base games have fundamental differences. GTW is NOT OFB. CL is not NL nor is it AL. Outdoor Retreat is one travel location--not a three world location with completely different activities and scenarios.

Please don't pass your opinions off as matter-of-facts, because they aren't funny nor are they true. If TS4 satisfies, more power to you, happy simming. But TS4 was not designed to be TS2--Rachel Franklin has made this point when some of us who wanted a proper sequel to TS2 expressed dissatisfaction (apparently--in her own words--we didn't "get it").

If you want to gush about TS4 or encourage people to play TS4, the majority of the forum sections are for that. :unamused:

just a bit OTT.
  • simlandersimlander Posts: 196 Member
    And unless you use a mod (which I don't) when you leave the lot/game, all game play stops. So I can leave the game for months or years if I choose, and come back to the Sims EXACTLY as I left them. From what I understand, when you stop playing Sims 4, everything still continues, and you could come back to a dead Sim, or a fired Sim, etc. Thanks, but no thanks.

Just to clarify,

Your Sims 4 don't age without the game running, and time stops once you're in the neighbourhood view. You can also choose whether to Auto-age and if you want your played or unplayed Sims to auto-age. You can also choose between three (short, normal or long) lifespan settings. What you might've heard is that if you stop playing a specific family and have Auto-age played sims on, and start a new family the other one will also keep on aging (and eventually die). You can avoid this by setting Auto-age played sims to 'Only Active Household' or by marking the old family as unplayed and having Auto-age off for your unplayed sims. The settings when you enter the game for the first time are set so that it auto-ages everyone (while playing, not when the game isn't running). Hope this all makes sense!
    So basically, you can still stop playing The Sims 4 for months and yet return to your sims just the way you left them half a year ago, just like with the previous games.

_____
    I love the Sims 2 but can't play it anymore because my old computer sucks, so now I play Sims 4 on my Mac because it doesn't need a disc. In fact, the auto-aging thingy is the only thing I would like to have (as an option) in TS2, because I love playing legacies and it happened that someone in a generation would die of old age while his parents were still adults. I feel like I'm much better at playing TS2 because there are more cheat options :smile: and that's probably what I miss the most about TS2, it's kind of easier to play: there are simple cheats for changing relationships and getting pregnant (or even dying) and stuff like that, the testingcheats has so many more options in 2 than in 4. However, I don't miss the long loading screens of TS2!
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    simlander wrote: »
    And unless you use a mod (which I don't) when you leave the lot/game, all game play stops. So I can leave the game for months or years if I choose, and come back to the Sims EXACTLY as I left them. From what I understand, when you stop playing Sims 4, everything still continues, and you could come back to a dead Sim, or a fired Sim, etc. Thanks, but no thanks.

Just to clarify,

Your Sims 4 don't age without the game running, and time stops once you're in the neighbourhood view. You can also choose whether to Auto-age and if you want your played or unplayed Sims to auto-age. You can also choose between three (short, normal or long) lifespan settings. What you might've heard is that if you stop playing a specific family and have Auto-age played sims on, and start a new family the other one will also keep on aging (and eventually die). You can avoid this by setting Auto-age played sims to 'Only Active Household' or by marking the old family as unplayed and having Auto-age off for your unplayed sims. The settings when you enter the game for the first time are set so that it auto-ages everyone (while playing, not when the game isn't running). Hope this all makes sense!
    So basically, you can still stop playing The Sims 4 for months and yet return to your sims just the way you left them half a year ago, just like with the previous games.

_____
    I love the Sims 2 but can't play it anymore because my old computer plum, so now I play Sims 4 on my Mac because it doesn't need a disc. In fact, the auto-aging thingy is the only thing I would like to have (as an option) in TS2, because I love playing legacies and it happened that someone in a generation would die of old age while his parents were still adults. I feel like I'm much better at playing TS2 because there are more cheat options :smile: and that's probably what I miss the most about TS2, it's kind of easier to play: there are simple cheats for changing relationships and getting pregnant (or even dying) and stuff like that, the testingcheats has so many more options in 2 than in 4. However, I don't miss the long loading screens of TS2!

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, that does make sense. However, I still have no interest in TS4. TS3 does have me curious about some things I learned from a friend, but nope, no interest in TS4. I'll continue to stick with TS2.

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Just to clarify,

_____
    I love the Sims 2 but can't play it anymore because my old computer plum, so now I play Sims 4 on my Mac because it doesn't need a disc. In fact, the auto-aging thingy is the only thing I would like to have (as an option) in TS2, because I love playing legacies and it happened that someone in a generation would die of old age while his parents were still adults. I feel like I'm much better at playing TS2 because there are more cheat options :smile: and that's probably what I miss the most about TS2, it's kind of easier to play: there are simple cheats for changing relationships and getting pregnant (or even dying) and stuff like that, the testingcheats has so many more options in 2 than in 4. However, I don't miss the long loading screens of TS2!

I dunno. There's enough lag in TS4 to make the loading screens in TS2 seem trivial. :unamused: TS4 with EPs and GPs has an annoying lag time which really breaks the game immersion. Also Origin occasionally forces updates to start my game, meaning I can't just play offline and ignore the update warnings :-1: I don't like not having a standalone game.

TS2 is a far superior product and it's a game players actually can own. With TS4... it kind of feels like you're just leasing the game and under one condition or another you'll eventually lose your investment. I'll take the loading screens :relaxed:
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    i would still be paying for sims 2 imagine if they remastered it with new updated graphics and sims with new eps and stuff packs i would still be buying happily the game engine is so solid it is simply the best in the series. why not make even mo betta lol

@CalebFillion, Sims 4 is NOT Sims 2 remastered--not even close. It's its own game (and an inferior one in my opinion). Otherwise, there'd be proper animations and it wouldn't have taken two years to have toddler life stages. The base games have fundamental differences. GTW is NOT OFB. CL is not NL nor is it AL. Outdoor Retreat is one travel location--not a three world location with completely different activities and scenarios.

Please don't pass your opinions off as matter-of-facts, because they aren't funny nor are they true. If TS4 satisfies, more power to you, happy simming. But TS4 was not designed to be TS2--Rachel Franklin has made this point when some of us who wanted a proper sequel to TS2 expressed dissatisfaction (apparently--in her own words--we didn't "get it").

If you want to gush about TS4 or encourage people to play TS4, the majority of the forum sections are for that. :unamused:

just a bit OTT.

I wouldn't say it's OTT at all when you said the TS2 remaster was TS4. Because we both know that isn't true at all. Not even in the slightest.

If anything, I'd call it the love child between TS3 and TS1 and it didn't pick up the best aspects of both games (got some good and some bad aspects).

I dunno. There's enough lag in TS4 to make the loading screens in TS2 seem trivial. :unamused: TS4 with EPs and GPs has an annoying lag time which really breaks the game immersion. Also Origin occasionally forces updates to start my game, meaning I can't just play offline and ignore the update warnings :-1: I don't like not having a standalone game.

TS2 is a far superior product and it's a game players actually can own. With TS4... it kind of feels like you're just leasing the game and under one condition or another you'll eventually lose your investment. I'll take the loading screens :relaxed:

Yeah, I know my lags were mostly because of all the CC I had in TS2 (and I didn't arrange my folder so it was near impossible to delete anything) so I'm trying to be careful with the amount of downloads I have in TS4 :blush:

I guess, for me, TS2 just has that nostalgic feeling after playing it (almost) my entire childhood and that weird connection to my sims that only simmers understand :smiley: I'm planning on buying the Sims 2: Super Collection from the App store when I have more spare time, it doesn't have the same expansions as I do but it has others that I've always wanted to try... Wish it had Freetime tho, which is probably my favourite expansion. It has good reviews too. I really wish the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free-deal on Origin was still available, since I missed it when it was available 3 years ago.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member

Yeah, I know my lags were mostly because of all the CC I had in TS2 (and I didn't arrange my folder so it was near impossible to delete anything) so I'm trying to be careful with the amount of downloads I have in TS4 :blush:

I guess, for me, TS2 just has that nostalgic feeling after playing it (almost) my entire childhood and that weird connection to my sims that only simmers understand :smiley: I'm planning on buying the Sims 2: Super Collection from the App store when I have more spare time, it doesn't have the same expansions as I do but it has others that I've always wanted to try... Wish it had Freetime tho, which is probably my favourite expansion. It has good reviews too. I really wish the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection free-deal on Origin was still available, since I missed it when it was available 3 years ago.

i have heard that they are still giving it away as long as you can prove that you own a copy of the original sims 2 game
  • CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

just a bit OTT.

I wouldn't say it's OTT at all when you said the TS2 remaster was TS4. Because we both know that isn't true at all. Not even in the slightest.

If anything, I'd call it the love child between TS3 and TS1 and it didn't pick up the best aspects of both games (got some good and some bad aspects).

You know that's BS. I have played sims 2 and of them all that is my least favourite of the games. Now that is strictly my opinion and I am entitled to it, as are you to yours. I did not "gush", nor was I being funny. Sims 4 is just a redo of sims 2 and if you look at it without the rosey glasses you might just find things that are more similar than not. I am not saying 2 is not a great game, for a lot of people it was and still is. I loved sims 3 with a passion and very nearly stopped playing when 4 came out with no toddlers. Yes, I am one of "those". I love that stage. And yes whoever that was it was OTT. He/She went on some sort of rant and I did not merit that abuse. I have to say when sims 4 came out I waited for the price to go down, I got it for 16 quid. Why? I did not like the cartoony look of sims 2, nor did I like it in sims 3. Since then wonderful modders have done it proud. Now, can we just agree to not and stop this "sicussion"?

just a bit OTT.

You know that's plum. I have played sims 2 and of them all that is my least favourite of the games. Now that is strictly my opinion and I am entitled to it, as are you to yours. I did not "gush", nor was I being funny. Sims 4 is just a redo of sims 2 and if you look at it without the rosey glasses you might just find things that are more similar than not. I am not saying 2 is not a great game, for a lot of people it was and still is. I loved sims 3 with a passion and very nearly stopped playing when 4 came out with no toddlers. Yes, I am one of "those". I love that stage. And yes whoever that was it was OTT. He/She went on some sort of rant and I did not merit that abuse. I have to say when sims 4 came out I waited for the price to go down, I got it for 16 quid. Why? I did not like the cartoony look of sims 2, nor did I like it in sims 3. Since then wonderful modders have done it proud. Now, can we just agree to not and stop this "sicussion"?

I'm not looking at it with rosey glasses on. That would be if I hadn't played Sims 2 since Sims 3 came out and was looking back through the lens of nostalgia. That's not the case when one has played the game regularly without any pause.

Sims 4 is not a remaster of Sims 2.

If so, the following would be true:

1. Babies would not have been objects. The only games with baby objects are Sims 1 and Sims 4.
    2. Toddlers would have been in the game at release. Not 2 years later
    3. We would had 3 neighborhoods with full populations at release called Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville. And the Sims would have been in the same life stages.
    4. I have yet to see any Sandy Bruty's or Goopy Gilscarbo's, or Marsha Bruenig's, or Meadow Thayer's running around in Sims 4 at their appropriate ages. Or any of the other townies from any of the three premade neighborhoods.
    5. Aliens would have been in the game from launch and not with Get to Work.
    6. There would have been a lot more careers available from launch.
    7. Ghosts and pools would not have had to be patched in, they would have been there from day one.

A remaster is when they take a game or movie and update the graphics, polish up the audio, fix the bugs, etc.

Not change up the game. That's a reboot. And reboots start back at #1, so Sims 4 isn't even a reboot of the series.

i have heard that they are still giving it away as long as you can prove that you own a copy of the original sims 2 game

I looked it up and understand they'd add it to your Origin account (if you're lucky). Do you reckon it would stay there "forever"? So that I could download it any time?
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    DEFINITELY. Except... it'd be cool if they could make it be kind of like the original trailer for Sims2. Like, keep the quirkiness and all that it offers, but add on to it, like more updated objects and styles, being able to place objects wherever like we can in Sims4 and all that.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I looked it up and understand they'd add it to your Origin account (if you're lucky). Do you reckon it would stay there "forever"? So that I could download it any time?

Yes it will stay there forever, or at least until Origin shuts down, if it ever does.
    edited May 2017

just a bit OTT.

LOL! Thank you for your reply. To be honest, I didn't know what OTT meant, so I just assumed it was a snarky insult and ignored it. I'm guessing now it means over the top, no? That's rich coming from the assertion that TS4 is TS2!
    You know that's plum. I have played sims 2 and of them all that is my least favourite of the games. Now that is strictly my opinion and I am entitled to it, as are you to yours. I did not "gush", nor was I being funny. Sims 4 is just a redo of sims 2 and if you look at it without the rosey glasses you might just find things that are more similar than not. I am not saying 2 is not a great game, for a lot of people it was and still is. I loved sims 3 with a passion and very nearly stopped playing when 4 came out with no toddlers. Yes, I am one of "those". I love that stage. And yes whoever that was it was OTT. He/She went on some sort of rant and I did not merit that abuse. I have to say when sims 4 came out I waited for the price to go down, I got it for 16 quid. Why? I did not like the cartoony look of sims 2, nor did I like it in sims 3. Since then wonderful modders have done it proud. Now, can we just agree to not and stop this "sicussion"?

@CalebFillion - you're calling a rebuttal "abuse"? In that case, here's your OTT comment back. I reckon you must've dropped it accidentally while trying to plaster it all over yourself :smirk:

So, let's get this straight... you're a TS4 fan in a forum which has not one but several TS4 forums prioritised due to the game's present development, lurking around in the marginalised TS2 section which you acknowledge is your least favourite iteration, and telling active TS2 players they are just viewing the game through rosey glasses?!

Are you really for realsies real?!

REALLY?! :joy:

In regards to the massive limitations that TS4 has compared to TS2 which you insist that the iteration is "remastered version" of--viz., the topic of this thread--here's the deal:

TS2 players' rosy glasses look like this:
    Single%20Red%20Rose2_L.jpg

Your rosy glasses look like this:
    love-quote-lots-of-roses.jpg

'Nuff said, yeah?

Edit: BTW, if you're going to share your TS4 opinions in the TS2 forum, it's not like I can stop you... but it seems a bit absurd to expect no one here to challenge it. You're not being abused, dear. You're just being hyperbolic.
    @nanashi-sims:

Very well said. I don't always agree with you on things, but in this case, you're spot on. However, I'm beginning to think little Caleb is just a troll, so perhaps it's best just not to feed it.
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Remastered actually sounds like a good idea! I would absolutely buy it in a heartbeat! Keep everything the same and just basically update the graphics and you have my money!!
    edited May 2017
    JSimmy wrote: »
    Remastered actually sounds like a good idea! I would absolutely buy it in a heartbeat! Keep everything the same and just basically update the graphics and you have my money!!

And fix as many of the bugs as possible of course, but yes, as I've already said, I would totally buy it again, but not a digital copy, only one sold on discs so I could get the whole thing this time around.

Or at the very least, University, Open for Business, and Pets. Those are what I'd like most.

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited May 2017
    I won't, except if they add an open world, all the good features in the sims 3 and 4 .
    No way to delete a thing from the sims 2 . In remastering, the devs will delete stuffs as they did in ts3 and ts4. In this case I have no interests.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would but they would stick that old stinky origin in there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I hate Origin . I hate it now harder vista isn't anymore supported.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    edited May 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »

I hate Origin . I hate it now harder vista isn't anymore supported.

You're not alone, my friend :confounded:
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    edited May 2017
    The game does NOT need any remastering, it's perfect the way it is. Aaand there are a lot of graphical mods being made, like the reflecting water one.

Actually only thing that IMO EA should do is releasing its source code, so modders can fix things like lot imposters.
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    The game does NOT need any remastering, it's perfect the way it is. Aaand there are a lot of graphical mods being made, like the reflecting water one.

Actually only thing that IMO EA should do is releasing its source code, so modders can fix things like lot imposters.

Actually, it does need some remastering, and then it needs to be released on disc form, not just digital. That's why I don't want the UC in its current format. I want the discs for ALL the expansion packs, and it would be nice to have the open world concept everyone keeps talking about in TS3 and 4. So yeah, if it was digitally remastered, and sold on discs in stores, I'd for sure purchase everything I don't currently have.

Actually, it does need some remastering, and then it needs to be released on disc form, not just digital. That's why I don't want the UC in its current format. I want the discs for ALL the expansion packs, and it would be nice to have the open world concept everyone keeps talking about in TS3 and 4. So yeah, if it was digitally remastered, and sold on discs in stores, I'd for sure purchase everything I don't currently have.

If they add anything to it, it's not a remaster.

Remastering is just doing graphical updates and updating the code to support newer tech and the newer OS's.

@SataiDelennn - did you see my post about creating partially open worlds in TS2 similar to TS4?

@SataiDelennn - did you see my post about creating partially open worlds in TS2 similar to TS4?

No, I didn't. Was it in this thread or another?