Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Granite Falls & New Vacation Worlds

So I like Outdoor Retreat, It's gave us such a pretty woodland world. However, There was not a lot to do at all. I can fish... but I can fish at home, I can Garden...same applies really. The main reason I still visit Granite Falls is for the plants and bugs that are in that area alone. I don't really have much other reason for my families to travel out there. So I was wondering Firstly, does anyone else have the same problem with Outdoor Retreat as I do? Secondly, What Vacation Worlds other than Granite falls would you like to see? I have a few in mind myself.

Vacation packs I would love
1. Asia - China, Japan, Thailand. I would love to see an Asian themed world. With tasty rice and noodle dishes,Temples,Tall mountains and Blossom tree's.
2. Egypt - Go an visit the Pyramids, Trek along a hot desert on camel back, Rides down the river Nile.
3. Beach - I have no location really in mind, Just lots of sun, beaches and sea. You could learn a skill like, scuba diving or just play on a jet ski.
4. Winter Slops - Based on french ski slopes. With wooden log Cabins and snow everywhere. Learn skiing, snowboarding or keep snug inside with a hot drink by the fire.

What do you think of Outdoor Retreat and Granite Falls? And what Vacation locations would you like to see in TS4 <3

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I would like new vacation worlds too, but I would prefer if they combine various inspirations and not copy-paste an actual real-world destination. So basically more like Bon Voyage than World Adventures. I still go to Granite Falls just to enjoy the scenery and have a relaxing time with my Sims (it's relaxing for me too :D)

For the destinations themselves, there are lots that would interest me :
    - Some alpine or scandinavian inspired world
    - A coastal with more temperate beaches (so different from the usual tropical ones)
    - A savanna inspired world
    - An asian or indian world
  • FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I would like new vacation worlds too, but I would prefer if they combine various inspirations and not copy-paste an actual real-world destination. So basically more like Bon Voyage than World Adventures. I still go to Granite Falls just to enjoy the scenery and have a relaxing time with my Sims (it's relaxing for me too :D)

For the destinations themselves, there are lots that would interest me :
    - Some alpine or scandinavian inspired world
    - A coastal with more temperate beaches (so different from the usual tropical ones)
    - A savanna inspired world
    - An asian or indian world

Bon Voyage was amazing. I think its better if they take inspiration from places too, means they have creative space to make something great. I really like how the different neighborhoods in San Myshuno are based of different cities and how the cultures merge.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited February 2017
    More vacation worlds are always welcome. :) And I like granite falls but yeah you're right, there's not much to do. Kind of like real life camping. :D
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2017
    I would Like Greece, particularly Athens, or all the greek hotspots all in one. maybe splash in some Roman Empire
    They Could make the Parthenon like this Giant Dungeon, and underneath it Lies Gorgons, giant spiders and treasures...
    Such as:
    Pandora's Box - Use it to spawn the world's greatest Fears or use it as the ultimate storage unit.
    The Eye of the Fates - Ultimate Crystal Ball, helps people like me, I feel like The game plots against me, with the Eye of Fate, I can stop the game from making those pesky decisions that hinder my story line. like knowing if the stove is going to burst into flames next time I use it. Or even put my sim in the right place at the right time.

Permanent Curses!
    The Hand of Midas - Use it to turn anything or anyone into a gold statue. (Golden Death)
    if You Defeat a Gorgon they Drop a "Gorgon Eye" with it you can turn Sims to stone. (Stone Death)

Atlantis + Mermaids
    Half under water world
    5 lots plus a hidden lot.
    2 on land
    3 under the sea
    1 deep under the Sea, underwater ruins that Holds Poseidon's Trident can your sim pull it out and gain all the powers of the ocean. and unlock to freely transform between human and aquatic creatures.

Arabian/Egyptian Escapade
    Dubai, make it a modern aladdin story.
    at least with the genie bit.
    You meet batty hobo, in the streets, and the sim gives you info on the location to a treasure out in the desert.
    find the magic genie lamp!
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Pandora's Box - Use it to spawn the world's greatest Fears or use it as the ultimate storage unit.
    The Eye of the Fates - Ultimate Crystal Ball, helps stop the game from making those pesky decisions that hinder my story line. The Hand of Midas - (Golden Death)
    (Stone Death)

Atlantis + Mermaids
    Half under water world
    5 lots plus a hidden lot.
    2 on land
    3 under the sea
    1 deep under the Sea, underwater ruins that Holds Poseidon's Trident can your sim pull it out and gain all the powers of the ocean. and unlock to freely transform between human and aquatic creatures.

Arabian/Egyptian Escapade
    Dubai, make it a modern aladdin story.
    at least with the genie bit.
    You meet batty hobo, in the streets, and the sim gives you info on the location to a treasure out in the desert.
    find the magic genie lamp!

The Arabian one would def. be a great way to introduce the genie.

As far as myself, OP, I loved World Adventures and would love to see it again in hoods. I also liked Granite Falls. It would be nice if these places had foods to learn, things to buy, skills to learn, songs to learn, and things to collect.

Scotland
    Japan
    I liked China from WA in S3.
    ski slopes- Do the Swis have slopes? Not knowledgable there Switzerland would be great
    There use to be a cruise you went on, maybe in S2; not sure.
    beach
    circus
    petting zoo
    zoo
    safari
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    edited February 2017
    Freyann wrote: »
    So I like Outdoor Retreat, It's gave us such a pretty woodland world. However, There was not a lot to do at all. I can fish... but I can fish at home, I can Garden...same applies really. The main reason I still visit Granite Falls is for the plants and bugs that are in that area alone. I don't really have much other reason for my families to travel out there. So I was wondering Firstly, does anyone else have the same problem with Outdoor Retreat as I do? Secondly, What Vacation Worlds other than Granite falls would you like to see? I have a few in mind myself.

Vacation packs I would love
    1. Asia - China, Japan, Thailand. I would love to see an Asian themed world. With tasty rice and noodle dishes,Temples,Tall mountains and Blossom tree's.
    2. Egypt - Go an visit the Pyramids, Trek along a hot desert on camel back, Rides down the river Nile.
    3. Beach - I have no location really in mind, Just lots of sun, beaches and sea. You could learn a skill like, scuba diving or just play on a jet ski.
    4. Winter Slops - Based on french ski slopes. With wooden log Cabins and snow everywhere. Learn skiing, snowboarding or keep snug inside with a hot drink by the fire.

What do you think of Outdoor Retreat and Granite Falls? And what Vacation locations would you like to see in TS4 <3

YESSSSSSSS! We need more vacations spot <3<3B):)

1. Beach ISLAND
    2. Jungle
    3. Asia inspired - China, Japan,Thailand etc
    4. Arabian inspired _ Egypt,Morocco,Dubai
    5. Winter wonderland
    6. France
    7. Greece
    8. underwaterworld aka ATLANTIS
    9. switzerland
    10. mexico

It would be so cool if each game pack vacation was based on places (i'm so tired of stuff pack more expansion pack and game packs)

A carnival would also be cool and it would include the circus.
    Post edited by S1MSLYS1S__QARD on
  • simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    For the beach island I want to see something like Bora Bora!!!!! <3:) Have the turquoise water and little rental huts with the paths over the water. If I was a member I'd post a picture of it, beautiful tropical island in French Polynesia. Super super expensive, for 2 people it can start around $16,000... :'( I would love to see:

-Bora Bora
    -Other French Polynesia islands
    -Other Countries:
    Europe
    Poland, Britan, Italy, Spain, Greece, Denmark, etc.
    Asian
    Japan, China, Thailand, India, Pakistan, South Korea, etc.
    Russia/Slavic Countries
    Egypt

African
    Morocco, South Africa, Kenya, Congo, etc.
    New Zealand
    Australia
    South America
    Brazil, Argetina, etc.
    Mexico

Mountains would be nice, love the idea of sims skiing and snowboarding!

I think some should be strictly for vacation, while others be vacation & some lots to actually buy. I'd love to see all kinds of culture from those areas in addition to them :)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Maldives. Underwater restaurant. Over water shacks with glass flooring.

tQvCEB1.jpg
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I agree that there isn't an awful lot to do in Granite Falls. I only sent a sim there once, and only because she was super-stressed from work and wished to go there. Well... Eventually I had to use some of her precious satisfaction points to buy a fun potion because her fun dropped into the red and I couldn't find anything for her to do to change that. Not even fishing or collecting plants cheered her up, even though she has one of the nature-related aspirations. When the vacation was finally over (and yes, I say finally), I was glad that I got this expansion pack as part of a bundle during sales, because once you've seen the forest and visited the secret area behind the thorns, you've seen it all.

So to make the whole concept of vacation more interesting, we do need more destinations, and I love all of @Freyann's and @MasonGamer's ideas, especially the curses! :) Because sometimes, spending time in a place you're not familiar with can be dangerous...
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Rather than a WA pack or Seasons like we had before, I think it would be nice to have just some new/more vacation destinies. It could be Alaska (winter), Hawaii (summer), Japan (spring), and some European destiny for fall. And of course the sims would have to dress properly for each destination.

It would be awesome to have some improved version of Sims 2 Freetime, too. A pack with a new follow-to-work occupationn as farmer, tending to sheep, angora rabbits, lamas, morhair goats and other fur animals, and of course cotton plants. Sims being able to make their own clothing and special food from well fed "meat" animals.
  • shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    I agree! I'd love to see more vacation-oriented game packs. I would buy them in a heart beat!

1) A winter wonderland--maybe they could add in some wintery sports, like in the vacation expansion from Sims 1? I always loved that they had snowboarding at their sim resorts haha, and I'd love to see ice skating brought back in too.

2) An ancient city to explore. Maybe similar to World Adventure's Egypt and full of pyramids, or more Mediterranean (Greek or Roman?) style ruins? Or both. I'll take as many vacation areas as possible. :)

3) An Asian inspired area, similar to World Adventure's China.

4) A beach resort area, with water sports--maybe bring back swimming in the ocean?

What I love, in theory, about the game pack idea is that it really could give them an opportunity to give us a variety of different vacation areas, rather than trying to stick to a single theme like World Adventures did (though, don't get me wrong, I loved it--that was actually one of my favorites Sims 3 packs).
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Lots of great ideas & I agree with them all. If they do another World Adventures, I hope it's more freestyle this time, no having to complete a chain of tasks or visa levels, and certainly no cooking or grocery shopping for the locals! Just let the sims come & go & explore as they please. Make it challenging of course, hidden doors, traps & all that, but let us be in control.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2017
    Everyone always wants such exotic locales. Tropical getaways and so on.

Meanwhile, I'm over here wishing for some more "domestic" destinations.
    A seaside town where our Sims can stay at a bed and breakfast, play boardwalk games, do beach stuff, or visit vineyards and make nectar.
    Somewhere like Maine or Massachusetts:

56-3635376-14270965222e39e9de93e54c75b45aaf9f25500b95.jpg
    newport-beach-side-town.jpg
    p30_OldOrchard3.jpg
    Post edited by kwanzaabot on
    wJbomAo.png
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

A seaside town where our Sims can stay at a bed and breakfast, play boardwalk games, do beach stuff, or visit vineyards and make nectar.

p30_OldOrchard3.jpg

I'd like a regular world like that where sims could live but also go to the beach and vineyards.
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    Island Paradise Hobart's Hideaway resort was a good lot
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    One more for winter wonderland!

Greece would also be lovely :)
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

tQvCEB1.jpg[/qu
    fullspiral wrote: »

tQvCEB1.jpg

That's sounds amazing.
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2017
    I was thinking somewhere like a themed park for families or couples or even childish sims.
    Maybe it could be called Simsdream world or something better and have a tag like where happiness is reborn.
    There would be junk food and good quality meals.
    Cheap hotels and good quality hotels with the cheap ones having bad beds.
    Sims would also able to review the theme park or hotels and warn others if they have a terrible time.
    Sims can become sick during their holiday and the holiday park will give them a 20% discount on their next visit.
    Simzilla_7 wrote: »
    I was thinking somewhere like a themed park for families or couples or even childish sims.
    Maybe it could be called Simsdream world or something better and have a tag like where happiness is reborn.
    There would be junk food and good quality meals.
    Cheap hotels and good quality hotels with the cheap ones having bad beds.
    Sims would also able to review the theme park or hotels and warn others if they have a terrible time.
    Sims can become sick during their holiday and the holiday park will give them a 20% discount on their next visit.

I love that idea! In fact, I love the idea of hotels coming back to the Sims. And a theme park would be great. I assume some of the rides there might be in rabbit holes (although wouldn't it be fun if they weren't? :smiley:), but they could have others that you see them on, like ferris wheels or roller coasters, and it could maybe have a carnival-esque element? With carnival games and such.
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

p30_OldOrchard3.jpg

I would love to see vineyards and the return of nectar making. Sims could hold wine tasting events.

Massachusetts makes me think of old historical buildings and museums. Maybe it could have some sort of a haunted museum? Or a graveyard... (I miss graveyards in the Sims).
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Beaches, please. And while I wrote this somewhere else, it fits better here, so I'll say it again: vacation homes. I've got wealthy sims who need to spend their money on something.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • ScareyScarey Posts: 2 New Member
    I love all these ideas so come on Sims creators get crackin
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I kind of hope we get a tropical vacation gp this summer. Since that would be the most fitting time and since pets/ep4 won't probably come till fall. :)
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Beaches!!! I liked the locations that came with WA, but they got so boring by the time you could start buying vacation property. It really made me miss Bon Voyage and the "vacation-y" feel that came with the locations. Anyway, yeah, I'd love to see beaches make a comeback and I think that amusement parks would be really cool as well.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    How about Venice? Building on water again.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.