Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    OMG @charlotteprice just cleared out my top 5 again... seriously, what am I going to do with you? :):heart::cookie:

Top 5 updated!

Also welcome to all the new (to me, anyway) folks on this board. Someone mentioned DD-stalking as getting the best bang for your proverbial buck, so definitely check out this thread. It's been invaluable to me.

Gonna go watch any ads the store will give me, then off to do some lurking of my own. :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You are very welcome @lauravonawesome Enjoy your gifts and may the ads be in your favor (they sure aren't in mine) The gifting is easier though, I don't have to try to send one item three times :D
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    @lauravonawesome I swear @charlotteprice is a wishlist ninja! :O I went to go work on my Episode app story and it got wiped, thank you though @charlotteprice it's very much appreciated ^_^ like you the ads aren't in my favour today either but may try having another history/cookie wipe its just annoying to re-sign into youtube and such lol.

Top 5 updated <3
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    Kylieb191 wrote: »
    @lauravonawesome I swear @charlotteprice is a wishlist ninja! :O I went to go work on my Episode app story and it got wiped, thank you though @charlotteprice it's very much appreciated ^_^ like you the ads aren't in my favour today either but may try having another history/cookie wipe its just annoying to re-sign into youtube and such lol.

Top 5 updated <3

You are very welcome! Glad I could help :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Sandpitturtle Welcome! I am glad that you came over to check us out. A suggestion to help ease into the process. Look at the DD rotation for the next couple sets coming up that you want to get and put items from them as your Top 5 and toward the top of your list. Don't worry about managing a whole long list right from the start. Just start there. This way if someone sends gifts they will help you out immediately on your upcoming purchases.

Also, as @charlotteprice said, don't be shy about listing a couple Worlds/Venues. I've been gifted several worlds and venues (and then gifted to others in my turn.) But concentrate on those that don't come up on the DD rotation. This doesn't mean you can't/won't be gifted venues that can be bought on the DD, sometimes the ad points just don't happen and you'll get a little help, but start by listing the ones you want that aren't.

I have a few more pointers, but if the length of the rest looks scary, stop here and come back to it later.

I'd like to share something that I consider important: Don't feel that this needs to be a gift rotation. If you need your points to get that next item on the DD, then save them for that. Most of the big gifters here own the store and are working from farmed points. I don't own the store, but I do have all the points I need banked, so when I have spare points to gift I discourage any gifts in return. This is me. That being said, there are plenty of members of this thread who are actively working on owning the store who exchange gifts for the fun of it; like Christmas. If you are comfortable doing this, then jump right in. I just want you to know that doing so is not a requirement of participating here. You do not have to give in order to get.

Also, myself and a couple other gifters do tend to reward those who are doing their own footwork. Keep your top five current and relevant to the sets you are working toward. When you have ad points, buy items on the DD that help you work toward sets you want. Once you get a feel for things here, try to help others out with tips, or even just words of encouragement. It's a community and I know I like to see everyone participate as such.

As for the stress of what to say or how to say it: many of us, myself included, have shared that we live with a variety of mental and social issues. Hopefully it won't be long before you feel safe here. I use the "edit" feature as many as 5 times after I hit "post comment" on any given day. (OK, that's one edit so far on this post.) Sometimes just to change a word in order to hopefully make something clearer, sometimes to remove an entire paragraph that I realize may be too strong or was meant to be funny but may not read as funny in plain text.

I don't know you're experiences on forums, but I have been active on this thread (and DD) for over a year and the worst I've seen was three entries back and forth about differing opinions on TS4, and whether those opinions belonged here in the first place. By the fourth entry it had been calmed down. (I think that was over on DD anyway.) We're a pretty mellow lot. Except when we get excited about someone getting a great deal or managing to pile up 50 ad points in a single night.

Ok, I've met my usual mandatory 7 chapter post, so I guess I'm done. B)
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5. :)

@charlotteprice thanks for the Fantastic Fringe Loveseat, They Don't Build 'em Like They Used To End Table, Shawl and Apron Plain Combo, Fantastic Fringe Curtains and They Don't Build 'em Like They Used To Desk !!! <3

I really like these items. Thank you!!! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
    You are very welcome @GREENEYA :)
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I made some minor adjustments to my Top 5.

I've also been wondering how everyone tracks what they want to own. Or knows that. :lol: I mean, I'm aware that there are thousands of items in the store, and I only saw so little of it.
    edited May 2017
    Jude525 wrote: »
    I'd like to share something that I consider important: Don't feel that this needs to be a gift rotation. If you need your points to get that next item on the DD, then save them for that. Most of the big gifters here own the store and are working from farmed points. I don't own the store, but I do have all the points I need banked, so when I have spare points to gift I discourage any gifts in return. This is me. That being said, there are plenty of members of this thread who are actively working on owning the store who exchange gifts for the fun of it; like Christmas. If you are comfortable doing this, then jump right in. I just want you to know that doing so is not a requirement of participating here. You do not have to give in order to get.

@Jude525 I'm glad you mentioned this because it's been on my mind as well.

I love gifting and making people happy. But the reality is that I haven't been able to work since my accident 3 months ago and am using farmed points: some days, I get tons of ads, though it's also possible that I won't get any for a week, so they aren't always easy to replace; I try and keep enough SP on me so that, if I see something I want on the DD or MMAO that will help me with a set, I can grab it... But people here have been so kind, and I wish I could pay it forward more often.

I don't know if I plan on owning the store or not. But it's been so wonderful getting to know everyone, and chatting on the board with you guys every day has given me something to look forward to throughout my recovery. Just know that, if I could, I'd give all of you everything on your wishlists.

For now, though, I hope virtual hugs and cookies will suffice. May the ads be ever in your favour.

:heart::cookie:

-von
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

@lauravonawesome

Thank you for your gifting attempt, but I just received the message, and not the gift. :(

Btw. are we sisters or something? Because your avi (on the exchange) and mine are look-alikes :lol::tongue:
    edited May 2017
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @lauravonawesome

Thank you for your gifting attempt, but I just received the message, and not the gift. :(

Btw. are we sisters or something? Because your avi (on the exchange) and mine are look-alikes :lol::tongue:

you're very welcome @ninaumi ; not sure why i'm still having issues with the store, but i'll give it another go later.

i also was not aware that i had cashed in the clone voucher reward, but will take it lol.
    Post edited by lauravonawesome on

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    :open_mouth: After not visiting the forums for about two days I return, prepared to lurk a bit and catch up on my bookmarked threads, only to find that I have 108 notifications, of which almost half are from this thread! :cold_sweat: What are you guys talking about? :joy:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Oh, and while I'm here, three thanks to @TrevorJ, one for each present from my top 5! :mrgreen:

I must also apologise that I rarely post anything anymore and it usually takes me a couple of days to respond to gifting. Lately I just haven't been really motivated to do much of anything, and conversing with strangers online (as kind, generous and welcoming as they might be - yes, that would be you guys) hasn't exactly been my "top" priority. :confused: I wish I could be here more often, I really do, but until that time comes I shall have to settle for lurking in the shadows and reading your posts from afar :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    <stranger here
    I want to apologize too... I even realised now that I have very poor social skills, even on the internet, since I mostly talk to strangers about me, as you can see. I use too much I's. :neutral:

I haven't been very sane lately...
    There are days I don't even sign on. I might be MIA for weeks :o (did that ever happen?) Anyway, RL tends to take us away from our games and forums, but that happens to everyone of us.

I have been gone and came back to numerous notifications and wonder, oh my, what chatty people here in the forums :D

Someone can be gone, I mean get banned or just disappear, and it takes me a while to miss them! Now that is BAD, my memory is BAD :s

That is life *sigh*
    @charlotteprice... I would just like to point out that my birthday was a couple of months ago... If you wish to give me a heart attack by typing "SURPRISE" in the gifting messages for not only a world but also it's gold-version venue, I suggest doing so at a time when it is generally considered appropriate to surprise someone half to death while showering them with gifts.

Poor jokes aside... Well, I guess I only attempted to make that poor joke because I quite literally (metaphorically speaking) have no words for this. "Thank you" obviously comes to mind, but it doesn't seem to quite cut it. :confused: Can't think of anything else though, so...

Thank you, @charlotteprice, for your immensely generous gift. Thank you from the bottom, the top and every other corner of my heart. :smile:

Note: To anyone concerned about the condition of my physical health after this event, no, I did not suffer a heart attack. However, I did feel my hands shake for a bit. It was such an overwhelming surprise! :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    Hey guys, I've returned from the dead, somewhat :sweat_smile: Before I get into things, you have my up most thanks for the support you are showing. I may not know what to do with it or what ever else for that matter. But honestly, I think it helps. So thank you @lilrosaleen @ninaumi @charlotteprice @Jude525 and anyone I may have forgot. I did read all the recent stuff :)
  • SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2017
    So, now it's time for my official go at joining I guess :)
    I've tried my best to include what I can't get or would like help getting. Tried to keep it as beneficial for all parties, like I've tried to not include things that I know I could get cheaper thanks to a DD. If there is anything wrong or you have any suggestions please do let me know.

Sims 3 store name: Ahrimanian

My Current Top Five:
    1. On hold until health improves. Thank you for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience.

Link To My Wishlist: store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ahrimanian

Thank you and have a nice day!
    Post edited by Sandpitturtle on
    ninaumi wrote: »
    I want to apologize too... I even realised now that I have very poor social skills, even on the internet, since I mostly talk to strangers about me, as you can see. I use too much I's. :neutral:

I haven't been very sane lately...
    It's sometimes easier to talk to strangers online about yourself than to talk to people IRL as the internet provides at least some sense of anonymity. And there's nothing wrong about using a lot of I's. I is a very important letter. How else would we spell words such as "life", "friendship" or "happiness"? :smile:
    There are days I don't even sign on. I might be MIA for weeks :o (did that ever happen?) Anyway, RL tends to take us away from our games and forums, but that happens to everyone of us.

I have been gone and came back to numerous notifications and wonder, oh my, what chatty people here in the forums :D

Someone can be gone, I mean get banned or just disappear, and it takes me a while to miss them! Now that is BAD, my memory is BAD :s

That is life *sigh*
    I don't really believe that people have missed me terribly on these forums for the last couple of weeks, but I do sometimes feel guilty that I do not thank them properly for whatever gifts they send my way. I hoped that my comment clarified that while I might not respond immediately to their gifts it doesn't mean I don't appreciate them, their generosity or their gifts. It might sound selfish, but I mostly said that in an attempt to ease my own conscience so that I don't feel stressed out that I still have not thanked a gifter properly. :sweat_smile:

@Jahnna I saw your post a day or two ago about your dog. Would just like to say that he is very cute, although I'm sad to hear that he is hurting and that the vet bills are so high :confused: I hope he is recovering well :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @charlotteprice :heart:

Here's another person who was very pleasantly surprised today. :smiley:

The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set means so much to me, since it drastically lowered my CYS for More Magic!, and when that set comes on DD, I will be able to get it very cheaply, and perhaps even for free! I can't wait to place it (The Soothsayers Crystal Ball Set) in-game!

Thank you for making my evening pleasant, and therefore making my day. :smile:
  • lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    Yay! My Top 5 was renewed just now because of @lauravonawesome gifting me the beautiful bird house. (Faire Folk Bird House)

Thank you so very much!

A good sim-evening!
    @Sandpitturtle I know this may be a bit late, but welcome to the gifting directory! I must say that your top 5 looks very neat and tidy. A suggestion I might have is that you put a link to your wishlist and/or your top 5 in your signature. That way, people can quickly get to your wishlist and gift you through your posts (and as far as I know that isn't considered dry begging around here, but merely convenient. At least I hope so. I have both in my sig and I'd like to think I'm not dry begging :cold_sweat:).

With regards to this:
    I've tried to not include things that I know I could get cheaper thanks to a DD
    I'd just like to point out that Grim's Ghastly Manor appears on the DD. However, I personally don't see anything wrong with putting a venue in your wishlist even though it appears on the DD. Some of them can be quite expensive even on sale (The World of Wonder Carousel Collection for one is 969 sp at its lowest cost).

Hope you and your top 5 will enjoy your stay here :smile: Knowing the people around here, that top 5 will probably be needing an update soon... :wink:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited May 2017
    @lilrosaleen you are most welcome :)

i'm just glad i got enough ads this week that i was able to do some gifting. i do enjoy it... but of course, the store said "no more gifting, von, you're cut off", and so it was. lol.

apologies to those who received notifications, but not the gifts themselves. i'll try again later.

@lauravonawesome

Thank you so much for gifting me Pirate Herald’s Tropical Umbrella :blush: